collapse

Author Topic: Anyone Pick up Darkrai today?  (Read 1208 times)

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 20, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
Anyone Pick up Darkrai today?
« on: June 01, 2008, 03:49:17 PM »
He was being given away at local Toys 'R Us stores across the USA this weekend. Just got back from getting mine.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
Re: Anyone Pick up Darkrai today?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 04:25:07 PM »
He was being given away at local Toys 'R Us stores across the USA this weekend. Just got back from getting mine.

I got mine yesterday, I'm still trying to get it at the perfect nature and characteristic, hey does your's have "Alamos" as the orginal trainer, I'm still trying to figure out why they would choose that name for the original trainer, I thought it would be "TysRus" like the Manaphy Toys R us also gave out!
Coming 2099.

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 04:38:29 PM »

I got mine yesterday, I'm still trying to get it at the perfect nature and characteristic, hey does your's have "Alamos" as the orginal trainer, I'm still trying to figure out why they would choose that name for the original trainer, I thought it would be "TysRus" like the Manaphy Toys R us also gave out!

Apparently it's the name of someone from the Darkrai movie. (I don't follow the anime, so i wouldn't know who...)
I only had to Reset twice to get the nature I wanted.

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 04:55:42 PM »
does this work even though you already have darkrai?
Currently in need of one

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 04:59:26 PM »

If you allready cought it and saved, then no... So you guys got Alamos too, I was trying to figure that out and the most logical thing I came up with was the name of someone from the movie, but noone in the movie's named Alamo, maybe it is jsut the name of someone from the anime!
Coming 2099.

Offline videogamsta

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 31, 2017, 09:38:53 PM
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 05:02:36 PM »
Haha I picked mine up today.

Its called Alamos because thats the town the movie was in!

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 05:04:05 PM »

Oh, that makes sense! Thanks for clearing that up.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 05:06:24 PM »

Oh, that makes sense! Thanks for clearing that up.

OH SNAP! You're right, and here I was trying to t hink of the name of a person, it was so obvious, lol, thanks!
Coming 2099.

Offline Aura-Master

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:February 18, 2020, 03:22:18 AM
  • Animating anyone?
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 05:17:30 PM »

If you allready cought it and saved, then no... So you guys got Alamos too, I was trying to figure that out and the most logical thing I came up with was the name of someone from the movie, but noone in the movie's named Alamo, maybe it is jsut the name of someone from the anime!

...........F*** o.O#
Currently in need of one

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 05:22:32 PM »
What nature did you darkrai came out?just out of curiosity...
More info so you confirm is real
Darkrai
*Level 50
*Cherish ball
Has a classic ribbon
Holding Engima Berry

Moves:
Roar of Time
Spacial Rend
Nightmare
Hypnosis
Screenshot:

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 05:53:29 PM by KPT25 »

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 05:34:39 PM »
What nature did you darkrai came out?just out of curiosity...
More info so you confirm is real
Darkrai
*Level 50
*Cherish ball
Has a classic ribbon
Holding Engima Berry

Moves:
Roar of Time
Spacial Rend
Nightmare
Hypnosis

I got a Modest Darkrai. I was going for that or Timid, but Modest was good enough. Plus, it has perfect Sp.Atk and Speed IV's.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2008, 06:02:28 PM »
WOW...IV`s of 31 in sp.atk and speed...awesome

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 06:07:36 PM »
All there is to do now is hope that a Shaymin event comes to the U.S. soon...

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 06:11:31 PM »

You can't possibly know it has good IV's in speed untill it's stats are maxed out and then you calculate it, you only get one hint, and that's in the charactersitic, so if you got Modest nature and Mischievous characteristic, then congradulations, you have one hell of a Darkrai, but I don't see how you know that you have good speed IV's, I tried all day yesterday and I got one with Modest nature, and the highest speed characteristic, but I'm aiming for Timid, you do know that your SpA trained Darkrai will never beat a Speed one, right? Well, I shouldnt say never, but in a 1 on 1, a speed build Darkrai would beat you, that's why I didnt catch that Darkrai, I'm going for Timid and Alert to sounds, that's the charactersitic for 31 speed IV's!
Coming 2099.

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 06:37:51 PM »

You can't possibly know it has good IV's in speed untill it's stats are maxed out and then you calculate it, you only get one hint, and that's in the charactersitic, so if you got Modest nature and Mischievous characteristic, then congradulations, you have one hell of a Darkrai, but I don't see how you know that you have good speed IV's, I tried all day yesterday and I got one with Modest nature, and the highest speed characteristic, but I'm aiming for Timid, you do know that your SpA trained Darkrai will never beat a Speed one, right? Well, I shouldnt say never, but in a 1 on 1, a speed build Darkrai would beat you, that's why I didnt catch that Darkrai, I'm going for Timid and Alert to sounds, that's the charactersitic for 31 speed IV's!

Well, yeah. Darkrai's 135 Base Sp Attack and 125 Base Speed already ensures good sweeping coverage, so add that with a Timid Nature and the right IV characteristic, and you have a Darkrai that can outspeed AND overpower a Modest Darkrai with 31 Speed and Sp. Attack IV's.

So what I guess I'm saying is that I'm a total idiot for not Resetting for a Timid Darkrai...

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 06:47:23 PM »

Well, yeah. Darkrai's 135 Base Sp Attack and 125 Base Speed already ensures good sweeping coverage, so add that with a Timid Nature and the right IV characteristic, and you have a Darkrai that can outspeed AND overpower a Modest Darkrai with 31 Speed and Sp. Attack IV's.

So what I guess I'm saying is that I'm a total idiot for not Resetting for a Timid Darkrai...

Lol, don't worry, you can still slavage it, just give it 252 speed Ev's, I mean Darkrais Speed isnt that good but its SPA is, so why would you add more SPA when it wont do nothing for it, My build goes like this:

Nature: Timid(raises Speed lowers Attack)
Characteristic: Alert to sounds(highest Speed IV at 31)
EV'S: 252Speed/252 SPA

Yours looks like:

Nature: Modest(raises SPA lowers attack)
Characteristic: Meschievous(highest SPA IV at 31)

So you should give it 252 Speed Ev's and 252 Spa EV'S and you should be fine, it'll be one powerfull Darkrai, but not as good as a speed build, but you do have the second best build witch is good when you have a good Wall pokemon in double battles!
Coming 2099.

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 06:50:52 PM »

Lol, don't worry, you can still slavage it, just give it 252 speed Ev's, I mean Darkrais Speed isnt that good but its SPA is, so why would you add more SPA when it wont do nothing for it, My build goes like this:

Nature: Timid(raises Speed lowers Attack)
Characteristic: Alert to sounds(highest Speed IV at 31)
EV'S: 252Speed/252 SPA

Yours looks like:

Nature: Modest(raises SPA lowers attack)
Characteristic: Meschievous(highest SPA IV at 31)

So you should give it 252 Speed Ev's and 252 Spa EV'S and you should be fine, it'll be one powerfull Darkrai, but not as good as a speed build, but you do have the second best build witch is good when you have a good Wall pokemon in double battles!

Yeah, I think I'll use that EV spread. Thanks! ;D

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 09:10:13 PM »
I was too busy all weekend to go by Toys 'R' Us, but on the bright side I have the Darkrai I got when I saw the movie in Japan. (btw, mine's modest as well. So awesome!  ^-^)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 09:16:30 PM »
I was too busy all weekend to go by Toys 'R' Us, but on the bright side I have the Darkrai I got when I saw the movie in Japan. (btw, mine's modest as well. So awesome!  ^-^)

LOL!That sure beats the hell out of all the Toys R us Darkrai's, but you should have gone for the Timid nature. I think Nintendo is holding off on the real event's until Poke'mon Platnium comes out, then we'll start having those events that let you catch the Poke'mon instead of them being downloaded to your game!
Coming 2099.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 09:24:10 PM »

LOL!That sure beats the hell out of all the Toys R us Darkrai's, but you should have gone for the Timid nature. I think Nintendo is holding off on the real event's until Poke'mon Platnium comes out, then we'll start having those events that let you catch the Poke'mon instead of them being downloaded to your game!
for all the ppl who plays pokemon arround the world,and wants to catch their legendaries by themselves,it would be nice of nintendo of just giving away the items needed...

and what`s up with the modest vs timid nature?Modest gives more power,timid more speed...and IV some times are not really important(only really matters if you have IV of 0 which really sucks)
from the pokemon i`ve caught,the darkrai i got by hacking the member card turned out modest,and i was so happy with that...it`s not that Darkrai is a slow pokemon right?

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 09:45:24 PM »

for all the ppl who plays pokemon arround the world,and wants to catch their legendaries by themselves,it would be nice of nintendo of just giving away the items needed...

and what`s up with the modest vs timid nature?Modest gives more power,timid more speed...and IV some times are not really important(only really matters if you have IV of 0 which really sucks)
from the pokemon i`ve caught,the darkrai i got by hacking the member card turned out modest,and i was so happy with that...it`s not that Darkrai is a slow pokemon right?

Naw, he's fast, but the problem is that it allready has good SpA, so speed would work better!
Coming 2099.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar