collapse

Author Topic: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project (Shock Project revived!)  (Read 59405 times)

Offline Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 29, 2022, 01:16:29 AM
    • Skype - Shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project (Shock Project revived!)
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2009, 12:03:12 AM »
And since I'm waiting on someone to fix up the Reimu sprite before I move on (yeah, I'm being lazy with her, but other people would know better on how to fix it than me at the moment), I decided to go ahead and work on my spare MBs so I can get them out of the way, starting with a hi-res sprite. Yes, hi-res MB....something that I fear doing as I'm not that great with hi-res sprites (I've only ever done my Touhou hi-res sprites....not an entire animation of them D: ). The one I'm working on right now is for Jam (stand and grabbed sprite done by Kinto2006, 1st drain sprite is still a WIP right now, and it's not easy at all D: ):

The shear size of the sprite makes me wanna cry on the inside. Look at how small that rip is in the dress down there. IF you can even see it, not to mention that her left leg (our right) and her left arm (our right) doesn't look very different right now from the last two sprites D:

By the way, try and guess what Jam's MB is a representive of :p

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2009, 02:42:59 AM »
Well, been working on this a bit tonight, and I think the first drained sprite is done. Tbh, it's not as hard as I thought it would be. I think this turned out great. Comparison:

It's looking good so far. I think after this, I'll do the other GG MBs, and have those as a pack themselves (maybe tied in with the Touhou MBs I have lined up).

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2009, 11:27:05 PM »
Anywho, took about 10-20 minutes to do the next sprite, and well, it's not bad either. 2 more sprites to go with this, and then I might as well get Reimu done, even though I kinda don't wanna do her now. lol

Yup, this is almost done, but it won't go with the Touhou pack (obviously). I plan on doing other MBs to go with this one so that I can HAVE the Touhou pack specifically for, you know, TOUHOU. lol

Post Merge: May 24, 2009, 11:21:36 PM

And now Jam is done! Who will I do next? Not Reimu yet....she'll be saved for later. I have an idea of who I want to do though ^^:b

Post Merge: May 26, 2009, 10:38:59 PM
And now I'm being asked by Hyperhiro to make some Midnight Bliss sprites for his characters (for those who don't know who they all are, they are Hatsune Miku, Zenon, Lynia, Duna, Main, Cecilia, and Syuren Kano). And I come to you good folks for ideas! Yes, ideas. If anyone so happens to know what fits these characters well (if I need to show a sprite of each, then so be it), or if they even want a challenge and make the MB for these characters theirselves, then by all means, go for it! Actually, I think I WILL post sprites here.....so below are the sprites for each character (just a stand sprite....if you need the character theirselves for doing the MBs if you so choose, just let me know otherwise):

Zenon:

Syuren Kano:

Main:

Lynia:

Duna:

Cecilia:

I don't have the Hatsune Miku, so yeah.....those are all of the others though. Unless someone does have her.....
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:38:59 PM by Reimu Hakurei »

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2009, 12:08:59 AM »
And now, for the next MB, this one for Dizzy (one of 2 that I have planned, this one came from a pack though. I decided to go ahead and do the draining animations, though it's coming out better than I thought :v ). I'm currently working on the last sprite here ^^

C&C is always welcomed ^^

Offline warner

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 11, 2024, 06:44:52 AM
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2009, 12:42:15 AM »
Good work !
you are really making a hard work on this, thanks for your effort.  :thumbsup:
No estaba Muerto...

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2009, 01:06:10 AM »
Aye. To be honest, I'm surprised I've been doing this for over a year now. There's been quite a few times that I wanted to end the project outright, but kept going since I don't like to leave any leftovers unfinished. Which means I'll probably get to some shocks before I end this project.....IF I ever get my lazy bum going. lol

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2009, 05:55:39 PM »

Yeah, I worked a little on this for once. After this, one more sprite and she's done, then I don't know who to do next. Still waiting for more Touhou MBs to be done before I start the animations for them ^^;;

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2012, 02:36:50 AM »
SURPRISE!

Just to bring this up (and to add it to the first post as well) This project is meant to be a community project!. Yes, originally I made this project for myself just to give myself something to do, and to do something for the community that I liked to do (and which really, wasn't done that much). As time went on and I stopped spriting, I still wanted this to keep going and didn't really WANT to end it (even though I had considered it many times in the past), so I tried to find people who'd be interested in helping on it. Around that time I figured why not make this a community project? Sure, I didn't really advertise it as such, and probably should have, and sure, not THAT many people work on this project (hell, I don't know how many are even interested IN this project at this time and day), but I will keep this project open to anyone who is willing to work on it, whether it be to add more to the project itself, or to show off what they made (as Balthazar and Toshio have been doing).

Hell, if anything, it makes it easier to give criticism to them no? Right? Right!? @_@

But anyways, there you go. I might try a Midnight Bliss again soonish (I've been saying that for like 4 months or so now...need to stop procrastinating), and I already sent Tekkanon some sprites so expect some more shocks from him eventually. To anyone else, have fun and enjoy the project I suppose? ^^;

Welp, since Elocomon is allowing it, some new MBs for the project! Feel free to update them or whatever I suppose! Whether they fit the character or not is another story of course.

Tizoc:

Gai:

Daimon:

Jazu:

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2012, 02:42:13 AM »
I tried to rip the eagle shock sprites from SFA... but they came out terrible. I really thank you for these. But I wonder where the entirity of the SFA cast is..?

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2012, 03:05:52 AM »
Am I missing someone from the shock portion of the SFA section??

To add to this, I forgot to mention that DarkVampireDee (from DeviantArt) is letting me use a Midnight Bliss he made (and one that he edited for me) for this project as well~

Morrigan:

Marionette:

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2012, 03:39:35 AM »
Am I missing someone from the shock portion of the SFA section??

Maybe I'm thinking of the thread in the opensource sprites section...

i Don't even see a link here on any of these pages for them, can you provide me with one that still works?

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2012, 03:44:31 AM »
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=92682.msg814685#msg814685

Probably the same thing that's in the opensource sprites section. Dunno....though I am missing a lot of them in that thread anyways. I never bothered getting them myself (or getting them from other places) to add to that thing. In fact, there's quite a few I COULD potentially add to the shared resources for Shocks...

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2012, 06:19:10 PM »
Woah! Been a month already? Time sure flies doesn't it? In any case, here's a new one for you! This one by Tekkanon (!!!!), for Matou Sakura! Probably his finest work yet!

Yes, the yellow isn't exactly used in the sprite it seems. Dunno what to do about that sadly @_@

Also, first post updated with everything!

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2012, 10:40:05 PM »
Next up by Aionos, while we wait on his next one, Nayuki Minase! Wait...didn't we already have her? Oh wait, this is a DIFFERENT version from the same game, with her in PJs. Yeah...I don't get it either!

Post Merge: April 19, 2012, 04:53:39 PM
Just a fair warning and heads-up for all of ya'll who watches this topic, I'm not sure just how long this computer will last me at the rate it's going. It's been acting up something fierce lately, so if this computer goes down, it may be a long time before I manage to come back. For anyone that feels like showing there stuff without having to wait for me , go ahead and show them here in the event that my computer dies on me.

Post Merge: April 20, 2012, 01:38:56 AM
And a day later, next up from Aionos, we have Leona, KOFXIII style~

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:38:56 AM by Reimu Hakurei »

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: April 21, 2012, 01:35:30 AM »
And next....well, a request from me to Aionios (funny how I never spelt his name right this entire time), as a way to break the monotony of having just humans, I gave him a challenge with a non-human!

Harmir:

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 16, 2023, 09:17:46 PM
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »
Just the project I was looking for. Can you make shocked sprites for CvS Mai Shiranui? Maybe even Midnight Bliss as well if you would. I'll be sure to credit you for the contribution.

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears you've already done this for H's Mai. I should be able to use that. Forgive me for not looking at your site first, before asking.  o.O#

EDIT AGAIN: Actually, I'd like the shocked anim to favor more of how PotS/Jmorphman chars are. This one has her tripped anim used for the shocked anim. It looks sorta wierd in certain aspects. For example, getting hit by an electric attack that doesn't knock down the character. Like PotS Ryu's Dejin Hadouken(not fully charged). I'd suggest using her standing hit light anim for it. Or standing hit medium, either or would look better. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:11:44 PM by DivineWolf »

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu
R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage

"Let me show you..."

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2012, 11:18:12 PM »
And another from Aionios, this time for Mystia Lorelei from Touhou~

Also, a request for a palette person. It's a simple one, but I noticed that the Daiyousei shock no longer works with Arima's character due to different palettes. Could someone be so kind as to fix that so that the shock works with it again? ^^;

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »
Let's have a bit of an update!

So, a little story for ya'll! I went hunting not too long ago for new Midnight Blisses/Shocks, when I came upon these two little Shocks on a Japanese place (will not link because it is NSFW and well...it's NSFW)

Now, the funny thing is, these date to December 2010...so they've been around for a couple years. I have NEVER seen these up until now, and I don't even know who did them, but I shall add them to the project nonetheless. The problem is, the first one is for the edited SFF for Mina that Viofitz was doing, so it doesn't go with normal Minas unless edited to work with it. Secondly, I don't know who the second character is at all. I've SEEN her before, I know I have, but I don't know WHO she is! @_@

And now, I present a little special challenge to you spriters that are willing to take a challenge. You all know Demitri's original Midnight Bliss from Darkstalkers correct? Well, the challenge here is to try and do that in SVC style (yes, the stand, grabbed, and draining animation. The whole nine yards). That's the only real challenge...and to help with more details, I give you an image that was uploaded today by Omar:

(On a sidenote, didn't know Demitri's MB in Darkstalkers was a homage to anyone. Seems to be a homage to Mina from Bram Stoker's Dracula from what I'm reading)

If you want an extra challenge, try and do the stand pose as in the image. The grabbed and draining animation, all up to you! For additional challenges, try the other Midnight Blisses in SVC/KoF style. For even MORE of a challenge...well, come see me on that if you want additional challenges. There's always Cross-Edge Midnight Blisses~

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2012, 07:40:42 PM »
Poll added in. Do let me know your feedback on it guys. If you actually WANT to know why I added it, feel free to ask...I guess.

Post Merge: May 09, 2012, 09:33:45 PM
Oops...forgot to unlock the poll...my bad >_>;;

Post Merge: May 10, 2012, 06:08:23 PM
So now I come to you guys for criticism on this sprite! This is to help improve it, whether it be the sprite itself, or if a different base should be used or what.

The sprite in question:

Mystia Lorelei by ANTI-COSUMO:

Bases are: Hotaru, Angel, Shermie, Red Arremer (for wings)

The reference image(s):

(click to show/hide)

From one of my friends that has critiqued the sprite, he states that the pose is too manly and doesn't look womanly enough, and that it doesn't have that "Mystia feel" to it. He doesn't know how to explain that last part. Also of mention, he states that the abs are too "six-packed". That's what he says...

My only criticism is that the wings don't look right and the abs.

What is everyone else's opinions on this? Should there be a different base used? Anything to touch up on on this sprite?

Also, if anyone wants to touch up on the sprite themselves, or try this in a different base/height, go for it! The Midnight Blisses will be coming in now to make up for the long time of no Midnight Blisses!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 06:08:23 PM by Reimu Hakurei »

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2012, 04:13:55 AM »
Alright, so time to post some stuff I found during my searching of the net! Some of these date pretty far back (some to 2008). Let's begin shall we? Mind you, this is going to be a BIG post....

These all came from some forum that I don't recall now...if you cannot guess who is who it goes in this order: Andy Bogard, Ash Crimson, Billy Kane, Yuki (from Last Blade), and Yuri Sakazaki. There were more but ehhh. Didn't think they were worth grabbing. I COULD try to find em again if I'm lucky, but probably won't...@_@

The next 3 came from a Mugenchina thread back in 2008, from a user named ricardotbest. I remember talking to this guy (he was gonna help but he randomly disappeared). Sadly, these are all in JPG format, so in order for them to even be useful to the project (since I'm going to adopt them into it like the above), they'll need retouched upon in PNG if anyone wants to give that a go.

The three are Iroha (maid into maid? Sure, why not!?), Sissy (from dat one game), and Gato Futaba.

Now, there ARE a couple other Midnight Blisses that I got, but one is a bit inappropriate methinks to post on the forums, and the other isn't that great. However, I did come across a couple other things from a Japanese imageboard (I'm not saying which...I'm not putting anyone here through the hell of going through that board...let's just say it's NOT something for regular people unless you mental block EVERYTHING out...;_;)

Ya know, I've only really seen maybe one or two Lens that have a shock animation, but it's just the EFZ styled version. This one I actually like as it seems more unique (does it use any original sprites?). Also, only Len I've seen with the Burn and Frozen sprites too (no other Lens that I know of ever had these). And of course, that barrel special from Unknown and the buttered food of doom.

This one actually caught me by surprise, as well...you don't ever see Sangue=Passare like ever. And for it to be on a hi-res character...of course, considering it's a female, that seems to be, as I expected, the most obvious place for people to go with this. Sure, this has nothing to do with Midnight Blisses or Shocks, but thought I'd share. Keep in mind that once upon a time, this project was going to have Burn and Sangue=Passare too!

Next, thanks to Chamat, here....have the SVC Chaos and CFJ Midnight Blisses! Or what he could get of them thus far...I haven't had the time to look for the others nor get the ones remaining from any MUGEN characters...so if anyone wants to get to that, go for it!

SVC Chaos:
(click to show/hide)

Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution:

(click to show/hide)

I could post up what I have for Darkstalkers and Cross Edge in here too. Should I go ahead and do that for ya guys? For Cross Edge, I'd just post the sheet that has the Midnight Bliss on it (some of them are just too much a pain in the butt to put together so....).

So yeah, there's that. Again, dunno if you guys want a resource topic for these official sprites or not (I might just biomerge the Shock resource topic with the Midnight Bliss one...). I'll also get the shocks that I don't have yet for that project later.

Whew, that was a doozy! And to think, there's going to be a LOT more coming soon! All of them being official stuff at that! Still looking for anyone willing to accept those challenges too! @_@

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 08, 2024, 01:39:46 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2012, 10:30:44 AM »
Pretty cool work

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: June 17, 2012, 07:20:43 PM »
Hey there everyone! Today...well, no sprites to show, but I do have some news! I have finally updated my Midnight Bliss gallery on my website with everything that I have thus far (well, ALMOST everything. I omitted some things since well...they don't need to be shown).

http://xenomic.freehostia.com/pages/Midnight_Bliss.php

I'm no expert at HTML coding, so this is the best I can do with presenting stuff on here. If anyone has a better way of doing so (and knows how to do HTML coding), that'd help with setting this up a lot better. I'll be getting to the Shocks here soon (will probably expand this to include other optional animations, as per the front page), and then well...the rest is up to either myself or others to fill in the rest. I know I'm still missing a LOT of sprites just for Midnight Bliss alone (including the Official Games still. I got a few of them but not all of them, and Cross-Edge I still haven't touched yet). So yeah...if anyone can at least get what I'm missing, whether it be from MUGEN characters or from sprite rips or something, feel free to do so!

On that note, I DID try to get the sprites for Darkstalkers on Spriter's Resource, but opening that sheet in any program for me messes it up badly for some reason...;_;

Feel free to contribute anything that's not on the site yet, whether it be for missing Midnight Blisses and Shocks, Burns, Freeze, Sangue=Passare...etc, etc. Hell, I'm ALMOST tempted to make a section on my site just for MUGEN standards, and having an example of each from specific games (i.e. Shocks in Street Fighter vs. Darkstalkers vs. Gowcaizer, or Burn in Street Fighter vs Darkstalkers vs whatever other games), though that's a big IF and might require even more assistance in that department.

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2012, 03:37:06 AM »
http://xenomic.freehostia.com/pages/Shock.php

So yeah...I apparently managed to get this done in one day compared to how long Midnight Bliss took to do. For some reason, there's FAR less Shocks than Midnight Blisses, which is actually kinda scary, considering that Shocks are, I would think, much easier to do than Midnight Blisses. Oh well! Yes, there's still a LOT missing from here, ESPECIALLY from the official games (things such as TMNT IV, King of Monsters, Simpsons Arcade, etc.) and some from MUGEN (obviously unreleased stuff such as Dcat's Krang and the update for Jessica Albert, as well as some other stuff that's out there, but I probably don't know even has it). So once again, if you can contribute to this part as well, that'd be swell! I may try to get some sprites from spritesheets into separate sprites to upload as well (I have one thing for Captain Commando, a few for King of the Monsters, Maria's shock from Castlevania, etc.), but just like with Cross Edge's Midnight Blisses, that may take a while...

So...do you guys think I should add more sections to the site for the other states or no? Some of those WILL be a major pain to get though...maybe...I don't know.

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: June 18, 2012, 11:31:06 PM »
And with that, 3rd day in a row I got more stuff done~ So with this, I shall share with you these goddamn sprites! lol...

Don't mind the white strips there in some of them. That's my bad eyes not seeing things. Also, some of these don't have EVERYTHING on them due to how complicated it is to set things up (same reason why some of these aren't here yet)

With the monsters, I only included one type unless there were unique sprites for different types:

Cross Edge Midnight Blisses:

(click to show/hide)

And with that out of the way, some new Shocks from actual games!

(click to show/hide)

Ahhhh....those retro games eh? Still looking for more on these! I could've sworn I had some The King of Monsters sprites laying around on this external, but no luck finding em...huh...

Now another question for the masses...should I cut out all of the sprites in the first post or not? It seems to take an awfully long time for it to load, especially with all of the new stuff in it now...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:36:39 PM by Reimu Hakurei »

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: June 22, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »
HI GUYS! Oh what's that? Still nothing for the project yes, but I have come across these, which are now uploaded on my site~

(click to show/hide)

Still looking for help on getting the other sprites! I don't HAVE the other King of the Monster sprites like I thought I did, so there's that...I'm wondering if I shouldn't screencap some in-game shots or something, but YT quality never works out for screenshots. Otherwise, I'd get them from SFxT from a video there is now...or I COULD link said video, but then I'd be considered a weird person for something that I do not endorse myself!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD