collapse

Author Topic: Arcana Heart Released!  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Galactusface

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 06, 2016, 12:14:49 AM
Arcana Heart Released!
« on: April 12, 2008, 01:00:54 PM »
  The Hi Res 2D fighter for PS2 is here!  I pre ordered mine for the 8th but the Gamestop manager told me there were "manufacturer problems" (is this true?) and so it didn't come out until Friday the 11th.

From the back of the box:

HUMANITY'S LAST BIG HOPE IS ONE BIG CAT FIGHT!
Fighting games have never been hotter than this all-girl arcade hit from Japan.  These beautiful but deadly girls will rock you with insane combos, homing techniques, and astounding vertical fighting power.

END.

So, who knows, if it sells well maybe more Japanese fighters could head our way.  (Hokuto No Ken please)

I just woke up and am too lazy to post screen shots so go check it out!

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
Re: Arcana Heart Released!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 10:51:35 PM »
As much as I want the game, I'm going to wait awhile and wait till it goes down on price.
I hope it doesn't become rare like MvC2 though.  [-O<

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 02:44:59 AM »

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 02:10:31 PM »
LOL...that video made me think of the "Arcana Heart for Dummies"  :DxDie :DxDie

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 28, 2012, 01:40:01 AM
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 10:42:37 PM »
As much as I want the game, I'm going to wait awhile and wait till it goes down on price.

You should've gotten it right when it first came out like I did.I was lucky Because I picked up the last copy and my gamestop said there not getting anymore copies soon and all the other gamestops.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 10:47:15 PM »

You should've gotten it right when it first came out like I did.I was lucky Because I picked up the last copy and my gamestop said there not getting anymore copies soon and all the other gamestops.
Already!? That's ridiculous. The game has only been out for a month. There's no reason to just stop production of the game already.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 11:23:48 PM »

Already!? That's ridiculous. The game has only been out for a month. There's no reason to just stop production of the game already.

That's what happens with most doujin games like this.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 11:32:17 PM »

Doujin?I thought Doujin games were only on the Computer?

Anyway The game sold extremely well in Japan and it did here to so if you didn't pick it up.Tough luck.Besides the game's only 30 bucks.That's not bad if you ask me.But the other day When I was at the mall a saw a few copies of Arcana Heart.So maybe their starting to get them back.I'm not sure.But I think the game's pretty cool.My favorite characters is Lilicia and Saki.Anyway Arcana Heart 2 is coming to the USA as well since the first one sold so well here.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 11:41:27 PM »

Doujin?I thought Doujin games were only on the Computer?

Anyway The game sold extremely well in Japan and it did here to so if you didn't pick it up.Tough luck.Besides the game's only 30 bucks.That's not bad if you ask me.But the other day When I was at the mall a saw a few copies of Arcana Heart.So maybe their starting to get them back.I'm not sure.But I think the game's pretty cool.My favorite characters is Lilicia and Saki.Anyway Arcana Heart 2 is coming to the USA as well since the first one sold so well here.

Doujin=Fan-made. It can be on any platform, but seeing as how the Japan loves the ps2, many doujin games get ported to the system. (Most popular example is Melty Blood)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 11:53:27 PM »
I wish Melty Blood Made it but oh well.I got it on my computer so I guess it doesn't really matter.BTW don't you have Arcana Heart?

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 12:00:21 AM »
I wish Melty Blood Made it but oh well.I got it on my computer so I guess it doesn't really matter.BTW don't you have Arcana Heart?

Yup.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 12:20:18 AM »

I thought doujin was Japan exclusive because America has to deal with licensing, which is why the shonen jump series never made it to USA.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 12:23:10 AM »

I thought doujin was Japan exclusive because America has to deal with licensing, which is why the shonen jump series never made it to USA.

Not all is exclusive. In Arcana Heart's case, all characters are original which means it could be brought over to the US. In Shonen Jump's case, Viz made the mistake of not licensing every series going into the magazine which is why the Jump! games couldn't be localized.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 12:45:40 AM »

Not all is exclusive. In Arcana Heart's case, all characters are original which means it could be brought over to the US. In Shonen Jump's case, Viz made the mistake of not licensing every series going into the magazine which is why the Jump! games couldn't be localized.
If it's original then how is it fan made?
Usually fan made stuff requires royaltee fees/permission from original author.
Since it's original, I fail to see how it's fan made.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 12:56:22 AM »

If it's original then how is it fan made?
Usually fan made stuff requires royaltee fees/permission from original author.
Since it's original, I fail to see how it's fan made.

It is fan made in the sense that it was independently created. While most doujin stuff is based on some anime, manga, whatever, there are also many highly original works that are also doujin. Thus, Arcana Heart falls into the category of "Original Doujin". An even better example of non-derivative doujin is Excel Saga.

tl;dr Doujin refers to stuff that's self-published. It doesn't always have to be original, contrary to what many people think.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 03:02:13 PM »
I just got the game at gamestop today. ..lol. It was the last copy.

Mildred is unbelievably cheap. Seriously, ALPHA-152 from DOA4 has nothing on Mildred.
I'm almost convinced Mildred could take on Nightmare SSJ3.

Other then insanely cheap Mildred, it's a good game.

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 03:35:22 PM »

Mildred is unbelievably cheap. Seriously, ALPHA-152 from DOA4 has nothing on Mildred.

I just Corner Rape Mildred.That's How beat her.I force her into a corner and pound her senseless not giving her a chance to breath.I've beaten the game with 7 ppl so far.Saki,Heart,Kamui,Fiona,Maori,Mei Fang,& Lilicia.Your lucky you got your dude when you did.Arcana Heart 2 is coming over to US Shores since the 1st one sold so well here.I can't wait.I luvs me some Arcana Heart.If your a loli fan/animegirl lover and Guilty Gear fan I guarantee you'll love Arcana Heart.

Offline Codyman155

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2018, 05:59:05 PM
  • <_<
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 08:26:58 PM »
I'm thinking of getting this game,but don't really know if it worth buying.
People have been saying good & bad things about this game (and it confuses me sometimes) lol.......

thank you Daigo!

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 09:29:03 PM »
People have been saying good & bad things about this game (and it confuses me sometimes) lol.......

To be honest, it's an okay game. It's not that great, but it's not that bad either. For me, I just don't like how it simplified all of those previously hard-to-do commands that other games had. Basically, it pulled a Nintendo and made everything easier for casuals. (Then again, I play fighting games competitively, so I may not be the best one to ask lol :P)

Pretty much what Animugen said, if you like lolis, fighting games, and parodies then Arcana Heart is the right game for you.

@Animugen--I can never get Mildred into the corner to do that. I usually just end up spamming an infinite (or something that looks like it) until I can use a special. Thank god for chip damage lol. (and I usually kill her within 30 sec. too lol.)

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 10:58:20 PM »

To be honest, it's an okay game. It's not that great, but it's not that bad either. For me, I just don't like how it simplified all of those previously hard-to-do commands that other games had. Basically, it pulled a Nintendo and made everything easier for casuals. (Then again, I play fighting games competitively, so I may not be the best one to ask lol :P)

Pretty much what Animugen said, if you like lolis, fighting games, and parodies then Arcana Heart is the right game for you.

@Animugen--I can never get Mildred into the corner to do that. I usually just end up spamming an infinite (or something that looks like it) until I can use a special. Thank god for chip damage lol. (and I usually kill her within 30 sec. too lol.)

I never thought you could beat her that way.I had a hard as hell time beating her until I learned how to corner rape my opponents.Now that I know how to do that I do it to all of my friends when we play and boy don't they get angry when I corner rape them.And yeah when my meter's filled I'll use a special too.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 11:06:22 PM »

I never thought you could beat her that way.I had a hard as hell time beating her until I learned how to corner rape my opponents.Now that I know how to do that I do it to all of my friends when we play and boy don't they get angry when I corner rape them.And yeah when my meter's filled I'll use a special too.

In my group of friends, we all tend to stay away from the corner rape in order to see who really is better at the game lol.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 12:23:46 AM »

I just Corner Rape Mildred.That's How beat her.I force her into a corner and pound her senseless not giving her a chance to breath.I've beaten the game with 7 ppl so far.Saki,Heart,Kamui,Fiona,Maori,Mei Fang,& Lilicia.Your lucky you got your dude when you did.Arcana Heart 2 is coming over to US Shores since the 1st one sold so well here.I can't wait.I luvs me some Arcana Heart.If your a loli fan/animegirl lover and Guilty Gear fan I guarantee you'll love Arcana Heart.
I'm not a loli fan but Mei Fang freaking rocks! I still want her mugenized. Which I had to corner rape Mildred by tripping her and juggling her. It's so sad.
I'm glad Arcana Heart 2 is coming to USA. I hope they start selling figurines.

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 12:39:26 AM »

I'm not a loli fan but Mei Fang freaking rocks! I still want her mugenized. Which I had to corner rape Mildred by tripping her and juggling her. It's so sad.

They'll be having figurines too and right before you know it they'll be a manga to it that's never coming to the USA like the Star Ocean 3 Manga.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 12:49:46 AM »

They'll be having figurines too and right before you know it they'll be a manga to it that's never coming to the USA like the Star Ocean 3 Manga.

There's already a manga currently running.

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 12:59:38 AM »

There's already a manga currently running.

If it ever comes here which I highly Doubt I bet the bookstores will be packed animegirl crazed Otakus and Weeabos.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare