collapse

Author Topic: Resident Evil 0 for the Wii  (Read 669 times)

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
Resident Evil 0 for the Wii
« on: February 27, 2008, 02:36:04 PM »
http://kotaku.com/361238/capcom-porting-another-gamecube-resident-evil-to-bc-wii

Nothing has really been revealed yet. So, either it's a port with tacked on Wii-mote waggle controls or a remake with RE4 Wii controls.

I think it's going to be a remake with RE4 Wii controls. Read this article below and you'll get what i'm saying.

http://revoeyes.blogspot.com/2007/07/speculation-resident-evil-5-and-more-re.html
"According to an interview with Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles producer, Masachika Kawata, with AMN affiliate site Jeux-France, and kindly translated by NeoGAF member Dascu, there is a possibility that we will be seeing more Resident Evil remakes on Wii. From the sound of things, Kawata has expressed interest in remaking one of (or, all of) the first three titles for Wii; using the Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition style gameplay (and, assumedly, engine).

I hope it is because it will be lazy on Capcom's part to just make a port with the old RE style of gameplay with tacked on Wii-mote controls. RE0 was my least favorite of the games, and if it's remade with new controls i'll definitely repurchase it even if I own the GC version (assuming it has new controls).

If it's just a port with waggle controls, then i'll stay away from it. No point in getting if I own the GC version.

Also, here's to hoping for a REmake of RE2 next!  [-O<

EDIT: Just read this...

http://wii.ign.com/articles/855/855281p1.html
Quote from: IGN
While not providing official details, the magazine speculates that you'll now be able to play with one hand, suggesting that Capcom may be using the Wiimote to make RE0 into a point and click adventure of some sort.

Hmm... I hope not.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 02:40:23 PM by Teros »

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
Re: Resident Evil 0 for the Wii
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 03:09:40 PM »
RE 0? :-??

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 03:22:17 PM »
Sounds Interesting I'll wait for some more info.

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 25, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
  • (had to remove it >:P)
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 09:30:20 PM »
i am still playing the forth one. im at ze castle ;D

Team Snowman (stay frosty ;) )
(had to take away some arse threatened  me to

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 09:44:34 PM »
Most likely it would just a port (like RE4), now...a remake of RE2 (or RE3)
THAT would be f*ckingawesomedeluxe >:(

Offline DMK

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 21, 2022, 03:57:45 AM
    • Ascended M.U.G.E.N.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 09:49:38 PM »
now...a remake of RE2 (or RE3)

THIS MAN GETS IT

Why have just an RE remake and not a RE2 one?

Capcpm throws togather SF rehashs like no tomorrow but can't get crap togather to remake one of thee best RE games out there? NO SIR.

RE 0? :-??

The prolouge of sorts before the events hours or so later in RE1.

When the first team goes in basicly and finds the horrors awaiting them.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:June 09, 2024, 10:46:13 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 02:13:19 AM »
Why remake any of them? Dude, everybody's doing the same thing, ports and remakes of games we've already played and just adding some waggle or point-n-click. I mean House of the f'n Dead 2 & 3? How OLD are those game? I have em' on my Dreamcast, why am I gonna get that on my Wii? I'd be different if they were sequels of side-storys but damn man, rehashing over and over again is rediculious, especially if it was already ON Gamecube!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 02:24:29 AM by G Lux »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 01:54:14 PM »
Why remake any of them? Dude, everybody's doing the same thing, ports and remakes of games we've already played and just adding some waggle or point-n-click. I mean House of the f'n Dead 2 & 3? How OLD are those game? I have em' on my Dreamcast, why am I gonna get that on my Wii? I'd be different if they were sequels of side-storys but damn man, rehashing over and over again is rediculious, especially if it was already ON Gamecube!!

A Port of House of the Dead 2 & 3 to the Wii is a Wise Idea, For those who didn't get the game on the Short Lived DreamCast and for those who would like to get 2 in 1 box for the current console, It works perfectly with the Wiimote so why not. Check out the Comments on IGN, Gametrailers and places like that, Most of the people are gonna buy it counting me between them. :)

As For Ports Overall, If you look at the more Superior REmake you should get an Idea, It works and it's always welcome for us the fans to see the game we played, loved and scared us as kids do it all over again. HOWEVER, this RE0 port doesn't seem to be the case, Famitsu says that it's a vile Port of the Gamecube games with Wii Controls and maybe 1 extra. >o:-(

I agree on 1 part with you if it seems to be the case of SFII that we get a Remake, Remix or something every Year, That's Annoying, At least the REmake took 6 Years, Let us enjoy the game the companies already released, not spit another 1 when we just bought the one before the new one. ???

I'll Wait for some more info as for now and sorry for the rather long post. ;D

Offline DMK

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 21, 2022, 03:57:45 AM
    • Ascended M.U.G.E.N.
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 01:56:06 PM »
RE2 deserves a remake into the nextgen.

I wanted that more then RE1 remake but they did that so they could include the proper plot stuff for RE0.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 02:01:00 PM »

I wanted that more then RE1 remake but they did that so they could include the proper plot stuff for RE0.

Yeah I'm waiting for that version too, Classic RE Gameplay or RE4 gameplay both are fine, just make the zombies as slow as always, REMAKE it don't CHANGE it. If they want fast Zombies have those be the Crimson Heads Specifically not all of the Zombies.

By the By: http://wii.ign.com/articles/855/855573p1.html

Some News about RE0, Seems like for the meantime it's gonna be JAP Exclusive. ???

TomBewley

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 02:05:04 PM »
What's the point? There are many better RE games to be remade, namely 2 and 3. I'd prefer them done RE original style rather than RE4 style, as it does lose the fear and make it more action orientated.

And RE0 is already on the Gamecube, so why bother even porting it?

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 02:09:15 PM »

If you are talking about ports on the Wii then yes I agree. The only exception is RE4 because it actually made the game a lot different. Same for Okami because I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. But I do agree, I want to see more new games (wether it be a new franchise, side story, or sequel).

A side story with Leon would be nice, but a REmake of RE2 wouldn't be bad either.

Exactly!

The best selling Resident Evil game in the series deserves it. :thumbsup:

I'd prefer them done RE original style rather than RE4 style, as it does lose the fear and make it more action orientated.

That's not necessarily true. As long as it keeps ammo conservation, hard to take down enemies and such, then it won't be an action game.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 03:34:03 PM »
I'd prefer them done RE original style rather than RE4 style, as it does lose the fear and make it more action orientated.

That's not necessarily true. As long as it keeps ammo conservation, hard to take down enemies and such, then it won't be an action game.

^^(PM)^

TomBewley

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 03:36:38 PM »

I always thought that the camera angles had a huge impact on the fear as you never knew what was around the corner, especially with REmake....that game scares me  ???

Well for me at least.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 03:42:58 PM »
I always thought that the camera angles had a huge impact on the fear as you never knew what was around the corner, especially with REmake....that game scares me  ???

Well for me at least.

It did... but don't forget oven-man in RE4. Just remember, RE4 didn't really have that effect of "what could be around the corner?". It had more of a thriller type movie feel to it. Like the errie-ness of the village and such, Dr. Salvador, etc.

But yeah, REmake was a scary game... especially with my surround sound :thumbsup:

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 05:45:59 PM »
Sounds cool. Since I never finished the game (lost interest half way) As everyone else is saying a remake would be fantastic, but my vote goes for RE3. Was a really enjoyable game, especially the dodge added where Jill ducks or rolls to the side. One of the things that was lacking in RE4 was that dogde....one of the reasons why I hate that game.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[Today at 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar