collapse

Author Topic: Gothan kights Project  (Read 1591 times)

Offline logansam

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 14, 2024, 05:11:02 PM
    • Email
Gothan kights Project
« on: December 16, 2021, 12:28:09 PM »
Gothan Knights Project

Under developement....

Online O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Gothan kights Project
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 02:10:59 PM »
I am curious to understand what Nightwing and Killer Croc are doing on this project...

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 05, 2024, 10:57:14 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 02:42:26 PM »
I am curious to understand what Nightwing and Killer Croc are doing on this project...

I believe it is a private project.

So now there are two projects "Gothan Knights"?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 02:54:21 PM by Beto »

Offline navs41

• Dark Phoenix Saga Contributor
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 01:04:09 PM
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 05:36:05 PM »
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=47031.msg550343#msg550343

Quote from: logansam
is true that mugen is in his last line but is not only dying because people are doing spriteswap is dying because the people is losing the will to create content.

I wonder why...

You already copied The Unlimited's Gotham Knights select screen in a previous video and now you are using chars released by The Unlimited to promote this "project", which may or not be a private thing. And from Ilu's reaction about including his and Jmaxx's Croc and Nightwing, it seems to be not just restricted to The Unlimited.

And you disliked Ax. Congratulations, you played yourself.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 10:32:06 AM »
Scandals, intrigues, investigations... ;*)) Good old mugen, it happens every time. People are claiming their right over open source stuff for non-commercial use when them themselves using trademarked stuff in their creations. That never ceases to amuse me. Few days ago I've watched video about The Prodigy and how their music was literally constructed out of samples. Liam Howlett picked up samples wherever he heard something that caught his attention in others' songs and made own songs out of that. Later those samples was cleaned by buying right to use them from owners. Yeah, like 3 seconds long riff from The Breeders song, etc., I find it ridiculous, but that's how copyright work, you either buy rights to use or get yourself sued...
But that's that, as for mugen it's by fans for fans and for funs, it made that way so anyone can change anything and share with everyone. All resources being completely editable is the whole point of engine. And if commercial rules with copyright were applied to mugen the sues would be endless. You couldn't use MvC characters, Nintendo would hunt down every mugen site with any of their character or stage. Authors would paid for licenses to use DBZ characters, DC, Marvel characters as characters or just images in screenpacks. Gods, it could've even ended in protecting certain game mechanics, which would hurt all fighting games. Gladly no company takes mugen seriously because of non-commercial use... Yet authors assuming position "Oh, no-no-no, you can't use my character/stage in your game! Oh, I would be so angry with you for that and we'll ban you from forum", dayum, you, yourself, using depiction of copyrighted characters, parts of games, etc. in your work and trying to prevent others to use your work... ~X( That's so crazy and absurd :D There's even no border line of how much should be changed to claim something more own than somebody's.
Guys, it's just a matter of ethics and good tone, really. You can only say "please mention me as this uses my work" or parts of it. I, myself, don't like to be forgotten when my rips, edits or lifebars used. But I definitely can live without being mentioned and will forget how grumpy I was when noticed not being mentioned after few days. In the end we come to this world bare naked and there's no pockets in our coffins, we can't take anything to the afterlife, it's just temporal possession. So no need to be so obsessed with those possessions made for fun of everyone(don't forget that that was the purpose of those creations) and listen to good old song this talk reminded me: Papa Roach - Between Angels and Insects :D
There's nothing hard in giving credits and nothing more we should ask. Be nice to everyone - create, share, give credits and enjoy the fruits of community :-?? (eh, if every community in the world was like this that'd be paradise on Earth)
P.S. hopefully I hadn't offended anyone, that was what I always thought of situation, just never vocalized to not get in any fights, and hopefully won't get in any this time too :D
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Beto

• Last Login:April 05, 2024, 10:57:14 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 11:15:08 AM »
Nowadays, the real content creator of mugen, that is: the one able to create Sprites from an entire char, or code from scratch. It only serves as a resource for editors and compilers. And to fill warehouses too. And by the way: These people are setting the rules and making money from it. With commissions and monetizations. The creator is passed as ridiculous and is disrespected when criticizing. He is the biggest loser, as he cannot share projects until everything is finished. Because he knows, that material from him is going to be taken by someone at any time.

It is not, nor will it ever be, as you think.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 12:06:59 PM by Beto »

Offline logansam

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 14, 2024, 05:11:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2021, 12:33:48 PM »

jmaxx gave us permission to use their sprites, which will be recoded for use in our project.

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=47031.msg550343#msg550343

I wonder why...

You already copied The Unlimited's Gotham Knights select screen in a previous video and now you are using chars released by The Unlimited to promote this "project", which may or not be a private thing. And from Ilu's reaction about including his and Jmaxx's Croc and Nightwing, it seems to be not just restricted to The Unlimited.

And you disliked Ax. Congratulations, you played yourself.

I was waiting for your answer "king of mugen", there are no rules about copy "images" of projects, even if they are parts of already made scenarios in this case of street fighter.
and about the chars I have authorization from jmaxx, zvitor and intermission to use them, not to mention the other creators who gave me authorization, "harbinger told us not to use their poison in the project, that's why it is not included".
I have met several of the unlimited team and you are the only one who creates problems, it is about time you realized that you should be more educated, your time has passed and stop believing that you are a great thing because you are not. go home

Online O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2021, 08:18:00 PM »
jmaxx gave us permission to use their sprites, which will be recoded for use in our project.

That is so weird, he haven't said anything to me. Although I made some sprites fro Killer Croc, it's his sprites so if he is okay with that, okay to me

I hope you use (or code a new ) good template because that old one from SD is very bad.

Good luck :)

your time has passed and stop believing that you are a great thing because you are not. go home

I will ask you to behave and avoid this type of post. It's not the first time you post something like that. So please stop with this ok?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 08:28:22 PM by O Ilusionista »

Offline .black dragon.

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 10, 2024, 10:52:39 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2021, 02:56:57 AM »
I really want to see a lot about this topic I do have a hand in the game

navs41 stop crying all the freaking time is getting annoying I can understand somebody took your work and then yeah I agree with you be mad but somebody likes the idea and they work on it is no problem your Batman game or whatever the hell it's called is 100% dead let it rest in peace  :DxDie

logansam we need to put characters in here would not been created yet

Offline bambulin

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 04:06:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 06:34:29 AM »
I have not read the posts but I deduce that it is not the same game of unlimited, right? Although it has certain elements the same or almost the same.

Offline BP

• Last Login:February 11, 2023, 07:35:28 AM
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2021, 05:20:10 PM »
guys, no offense to anyone (i already did alot of it in another topic on mmv because of some idiot who was harrasing me on youtube), so i would try to be as emotionless as possible here

but just for a second, shouldnt we just be happy that someone still does something at least, in our god forsaken mugen comics community?
or we should just watch videos dating 10 years ago about projects that were never released, imagining we live in a different reality where that was released?

again, no offense, but most of you live on the past glories, doing nothing, releasing nothing. and attacking people who are still trying to scrable at least something to make those things we never got
im just happy seeing someone doing something at least
and this was my favorite place to visit, always thought IMT did the best job staying out of drama and "promotion" and all that corporate nonsense

if a person doesnt make money from this, and credits (and preferably even slightly overcredits importance, i mean we all have different perspective, slightly selfish, usually) people whos work he is using, why you still clinging to this, like youre going to lose something? that is the case here, right? they not making money or trying to sell this? its like a dog who is full, but doesnt let anyone else eat from a bowl anyway. you shut down this project, ok, and then we just get splending... nothing. no "gotham knight" or "gotham knights". just rewatching those 10 years old videos, wishing things were different

i mean im sure you have them on your drive in a private collection, and you can say "whatever, im fine", sure, good on you

and i dont care much about DC, so just in case, im not pulling here to get this thing
ive got everything i need on my harddrive as well

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal