collapse

Author Topic: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)  (Read 1351 times)

Offline BP

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 11, 2023, 07:35:28 AM
Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)
« on: January 21, 2021, 11:33:41 AM »
hey guys, thought id share video of current progress, since previous video got deleted
also wanted to say that Dev provided a GIANT chunk of sprites (at least 1/3 of the sprites is by him), masterfully done, also finally making me to collect myself and start doing something on this project. so even though he is away from mugen currently, he is also co-author with me

now collecting ideas for specials/hypers, thats pretty much the only thing left

Offline metamutant

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 24, 2024, 06:32:47 AM
Re: Mr Sinister progress (pile up ideas)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 11:42:59 AM »
Wow those are some great looking sprites. Mr. Sinister is coming along nicely.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 01:41:16 PM »
Oh, that looks cook!

Offline navs41

• Dark Phoenix Saga Contributor
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 01:04:09 PM
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 02:59:54 PM »
Nice sprites! I am quite happy with the cape stuff! That must have taken a lot of time.

I don't know much about Mr. Sinister, but perhaps you guys could use Tiger (Martial Masters) or Oro (SFIII) forearms or Makoto (SFIII) hands with Urien's punches to improve the punches. I think Mr. Sinister from a baby-Cable-verse in Cable & Deadpool had some shapeshifting/stretchy powers, so you could use Necro or Twelve for that too. You can check the attacks at https://www.justnopoint.com/zweifuss/

Master Huang punches are also a good call, but I think it has been used for Namor and may not fit Essex's fighting style.

As for the stance, there's a slight shift in the character's right arm (left side of screen) during the stance, while the forearm stands still and the muscle line gets zig-zaged (0:17). I would touch that up a bit too. His face could use that shark smile from time to time, maybe consider it for attacks during the impact frame or have him smile during the stance every now and then.

For kicks, I don't know a lot of bases that would match Urien easily, but Cable and Eagle (Kizuna Encounter/Savage Reign) are some of the few possibilities.

Keep up the good work.

Offline BP

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 03:21:02 PM »
thanks guys! glad you liked it

@navs41
thanks man!
about punches, i think we are pretty happy with the current ones, we dont really see the need to update them
kicks are also already done, all 9 variations

nice catch about the stance, it was animated long time ago and i havent looked at it with attention since
i wish someone like Acey, who is great with animating stances wouldve done that, since breathing in general looks like just a bunch of blocks moving if you look closely (which it is. cape is animated well there though, so it takes attention away). but i guess the arm is the most obvious "weirdness" with this one

Offline Anderson Masters

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 05:46:57 PM
  • Shouoken!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 03:22:18 PM »
loved this sprites
Urien Base is a good choice, and i see alot of work on pixels, this is totally great,
watching. ^^(PM)^

Offline shastab24

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:31:10 AM
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 10:30:06 PM »
For moves, one place to go for ideas would be his moves in Marvel Contest of Champions (I found a video ).  I know there are only three, but it's a start.

Offline BP

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2021, 03:22:07 AM »
thanks man, i already saw this one
obvious basic moves like beam, uber beam, healing ability, teleport attack, telekenesis/telepathy already done, just not coded in yet

looking more for something creative/unusual
on mmv forum people gave a good hyper with clone summoning, which im pretty sure will make it into the character
something like that

ps. some creative moves with telekenesis/telepathy also welcomed

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 05:09:39 AM »
I have spoke to before, years back. I think we all well know from the history that sinister is more of a laid back type villain. So for specials and hypers make it this so. One idea is making sinister like doctor doom. Doom doesn’t exert a lot of physical action to make action cool. One idea is that he he can point one finger in the air and perform an action like doom with the finger lasers except it comes from one hand. Teleport or cloning you can use the same code for psylocke. Another move you can make is him summoning a vegetation growth like he did in the animated series to suck dna (aka life or power bar) from player 2.  Another thing is that try the physic route but so many have done it why bother.  The force field is a good idea because he seems to to avoid physical confrontation. Since you have all the physical attacks mapped you can make his specials and hypers whatever you want them to be.  In the end of the day he is a scientist and if you treat as such this will save you a lot of sprite work and still achieve what you are looking for.  Summon for the win.

Offline MatreroG

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 15, 2024, 09:24:56 AM
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 10:24:52 AM »

High quality sprites.
I think what Warecus says is very accurate. And maybe you can have a hyper level 3 with the Nasty Boys.

Offline BP

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2021, 11:13:55 AM »
One idea is that he he can point one finger in the air and perform an action like doom with the finger lasers except it comes from one hand

lol. just 2 frames from 2 specials. one from me, other from Dev

i guess we all think alike about him
magneto doom bastion and such boss characters are who im mostly looking at now
interesting ideas about vegetation

probably no summon hyper for beta guys, would take alot of extra time to find bases, code it, etc.
im not really taking my time with him anymore, just want to make it to a decent beta

btw, guys what do you think about ermac's telekenetic slam from mk? always liked this move, but im just thinking maybe its too much for a marvel character

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 23, 2024, 08:47:15 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 02:18:55 PM »
Special intro against the Summers family is a must.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 09:39:40 PM »
Vegetation:

@2:17

Not sure what to call it but nasty green stuff grows out of the ground with teeth... a lot evil plants can be found at sprite data bases

Also in the episode there are mind control bugs (that look like bugs) maybe could toss them out similar to scruffy dragons lex luthors nanotechnology hyper to literally bug pl2.

Also emac slam is a good idea: you can look at the Jean grey over at migrant guild for code and inspiration.

Summons: I don’t mean chars, I mean whatever you want to throw in there... machine that shoots a laser like beast, some sprites of a monster you found on sprinters resource some weird plant. Remember he is like doctor Frankenstein. He creates crap to do his fighting really. And since you have the basics locked down that will satisfy the combo heads (maybe), but specials and hypers you literally have a kitchen sink to work with because his powers were always hard to define. I see him as not apocalypse if that makes sense.

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2021, 09:40:48 PM »
Sorry auto correct mugen guild

Lastly this might be advance but some chars have it at least code wise:

Dazzler

Lilith

Faust from guilty gear: 

Essentially is a hyper locking a char in a specific state:

Dazzler has the dancing hyper

Lilith has the dancing stage

Faust has the operating scene

For your sinister: place pl2 on a bed which would just take one of their get hits lying down

You insert a operating table under them

Use akumas fade to black raging demon to save on sprites and animation

A bunch hit sparks and finished.

Implication: sinister just operated on pl2 (maybe to enhance, but it goes wrong)

Bam level three hyper
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 09:55:40 PM by warecus »

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 10:56:52 PM »
And since you have the basics locked down that will satisfy the combo heads (maybe), but specials and hypers you literally have a kitchen sink to work with because his powers were always hard to define.

Not really, he basically has a pileup of powers which he gave himself over the centuries through genome manipulation, including but not limited to: immortality, super healing, teleportation, telepathy, telekinesis, energy projection, super strength, extreme durability and shapeshifting.

Offline BP

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2021, 02:45:28 AM »
Not really, he basically has a pileup of powers which he gave himself over the centuries through genome manipulation, including but not limited to: immortality, super healing, teleportation, telepathy, telekinesis, energy projection, super strength, extreme durability and shapeshifting.

this. yesterday was my day off and 2 specials and 3 hypers are already in place and working (1 special even with 2 variations)
granted they had some sprites done already and also they are not completely finished yet (want to add some cape movement sprites), but still, his specials and hypers are nothing in terms of time required, compared to punches, kicks and basics. he just casting stuff with minimum body movement. also much more fun to do. power projection straight and aoe and healing covered. teleportation, telepathy and telekinesis next. i only see teleportation attack having a big amount of sprites, but probably also not

in terms of intros/winposes everything is worse for now, he only has 1 of each now (and intro is still kinda half-a**ed), so im not really sure unique ones will be inthere for the beta
(but i do agree, cyclops for him is like a sabretooth for wolverine, pretty much a counterpart)

Offline Chimoru

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 03, 2023, 05:50:34 PM
    • Chimoru's MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2021, 07:14:20 PM »
I'm glad you're back!  Sinister is looking amazing!  I've always been a fan of him!

As far as powers go, can't he also make force fields and steal (mimic) people's powers sometimes?  Maybe I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 07:22:13 PM by Chimoru »
My MUGEN YouTube account where you can see edits I'm working on.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMLJDPO5mPwseYXGv-ZE53w

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal