collapse

Author Topic: Birdy (Partner of Sabretooth)  (Read 3420 times)

Offline alex87

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 24, 2021, 05:11:57 PM
    • Skype - alexoso87
    • Email
Re: Birdy (Partner of Sabretooth)
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2020, 05:27:32 PM »
We also have a walk forward, but as usual I would like your advice on what to fix:

(now I think this winpose is perfect:)

Offline Arias

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 18, 2023, 06:33:08 PM
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2020, 02:09:52 PM »
She uses humongous guns, why not make that her staple instead of just copying random characters?, like carrying her big gun all the time and use it to strike, block, shoot and as anchor to balance her weight around it... not really sure why would she move like a dominatrix if she's a mercenary trained in weapons... unless she's physically weak and not really athletic.

Regardless of the route, some observations:

It's hard to judge when all animations are misaligned, details are misaligned too, feet don't follow a line path.
If I align the head, feet misalign, if I align the feet then head shakes, went with the feet and it looks like she's limping:

Breasts stretch a frame, head goes back and breast go front.
Details jump around (leg shade, knee, abdomen, crotch, arm folds, hand).

The point of the line is to keep things aligned, look closely at her left foot (viewer's right), a couple more frames wouldn't hurt either.

?
Legs are huge, remember to start the animation from the stance.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 02:39:57 PM by 𝓐𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓮 »

Offline alex87

• Infinity Regular
    • Skype - alexoso87
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2020, 03:18:36 PM »
She uses humongous guns, why not make that her staple instead of just copying random characters?, like carrying her big gun all the time and use it to strike, block, shoot and as anchor to balance her weight around it... not really sure why would she move like a dominatrix if she's a mercenary trained in weapons... unless she's physically weak and not really athletic.

Regardless of the route, some observations:

It's hard to judge when all animations are misaligned, details are misaligned too, feet don't follow a line path.
If I align the head, feet misalign, if I align the feet then head shakes, went with the feet and it looks like she's limping:

Breasts stretch a frame, head goes back and breast go front.
Details jump around (leg shade, knee, abdomen, crotch, arm folds, hand).

The point of the line is to keep things aligned, look closely at her left foot (viewer's right), a couple more frames wouldn't hurt either.

?
Legs are huge, remember to start the animation from the stance.

Hi Alice, thanks for your comment ... the problem is that I am not good with sprites and for me it is very difficult to solve possible errors which is why sometimes I ask for help in the forums but with negative results

Offline navs41

• Dark Phoenix Saga Contributor
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 01:04:09 PM
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2020, 12:06:06 PM »
My guess is that most of these come from the use of SFV as base - I know that's what Xfields used (Poison).

Camera in 3D games may result in some perspective artifacts, even though the game itself works as a 2D-fighting game.
Resizing screenshots for rotoscoping will probably result in blurred lines too, leaving room for a 1-px variation anywhere in the sprite.
And the frame rate can be variable depending on what platform you are using and how are you ripping sprites/screenshots.

My suggestion for you, Alex, is that you start working those details Alice pointed out in the walk forward and make best use of the floor lines that were given to you. I think some pixel pushing/cut and paste with very little pixel coloring is enough to fix them.

Offline alex87

• Infinity Regular
    • Skype - alexoso87
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2020, 03:35:11 PM »
My guess is that most of these come from the use of SFV as base - I know that's what Xfields used (Poison).

Camera in 3D games may result in some perspective artifacts, even though the game itself works as a 2D-fighting game.
Resizing screenshots for rotoscoping will probably result in blurred lines too, leaving room for a 1-px variation anywhere in the sprite.
And the frame rate can be variable depending on what platform you are using and how are you ripping sprites/screenshots.

My suggestion for you, Alex, is that you start working those details Alice pointed out in the walk forward and make best use of the floor lines that were given to you. I think some pixel pushing/cut and paste with very little pixel coloring is enough to fix them.

thanks for the advice, I'll try. In case of failure, I will change my walk by editing it by some marvel 2d character

Offline alex87

• Infinity Regular
    • Skype - alexoso87
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2020, 10:13:31 AM »
this should be the special with the weak weapon. I hope it goes well ... I accept advice on what to improve (maybe the bust is not very good)

Offline alex87

• Infinity Regular
    • Skype - alexoso87
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2021, 02:58:20 PM »
Intro With Sabretooth:

I tried to fix it down to the smallest detail. I hope it's okay now (I fixed my vest and more)

Offline dev.

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 19, 2024, 03:08:03 PM
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2021, 10:08:57 AM »
Preety awesome.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal