collapse

Author Topic: Marvel vs DC who and why?  (Read 2499 times)

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
Re: Marvel vs DC who and why?
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 07:27:25 PM »
In my oppinion!

If DC and Marvel Worlds  were in a Battle (Again!) Then I think Marvel would win!

But I think DC's comics have better stories!! (READ INFINITE CRISIS!!! ;))

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2007, 08:39:43 PM »
I'll have too say that if Cyclops and Superman fight it would be great, because they both get their powers from the sun so lets see who will win if the sun was there....pure hand to hand. :) :P

im pretty sure superman will kill him

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2007, 08:47:49 PM »
Well I'm not into either universes that much anymore, comics have changed way too much for me and the comic book industry has become pretty much a dead business, with comic shops shutting down and going out of business. Between the two I'd pick Marvel, the only DC characters I like are Swampthing and Batman. Marvel got pretty boring for me cuz of the slacking story lines and how they just kept resurrecting the various characters when they should have stayed dead. The plots got over used as well.....how many times does the Fantastic Four have fight Dr. Doom....*sigh*....and the whole Spiderman clone saga just confused the hell out of me and I got bored. I love the X-Men, but Marvel kept changing things and making alternate universes and such....*blech*. I just lost faith in Marvel and DC didn't do much for me, so that's when I looked at other options and that's how I found out about Spawn and Image comics and another jewel of a comic company by the name of Chaos! Comics. Both are leaps and bounds above Marvel and DC in plot, art, story telling and character design. I fell in love with these two comic labels, and I loved the darker tone which was more my style. Personally I think these two comic universes could take Marvel and DC any day. I just think the whole Superhero montage has been worn thin, but I still do have an affection for Spiderman and the X-Men, I love the characters, but I just don't read the comics anymore and I don't care for the movies either. I guess this whole thing was about which one do you prefer and If had no other choice but these two it would be Marvel hands down.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2007, 08:53:49 PM »
I'll have too say that if Cyclops and Superman fight it would be great, because they both get their powers from the sun so lets see who will win if the sun was there....pure hand to hand. :) :P

I think i need to give you the upper hand here...Superman has advantage overall against Cyclops...at least in comics...Superman is "bullet proof" as far as i know...i love Cyclops and he`s my favorite X-men(glasses...i was a kid when i first watched the show...the rest is obvious...)
On the other hand...Cyclops can get even on the comics in mugen...Superman could never defeat Cyclops...i don`t know if with Ai patch...but that put this battle even.

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2007, 11:17:32 PM »
I was raised on Marvel, so, I'm a Marvel fan.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline Barbary

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 29, 2009, 06:23:55 PM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2007, 11:37:42 PM »
Ive always been biased toward Marvel. Their super heroes always felt more human to me. I could relate to them. On the DC side, even Batman was hard to relate to.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2007, 11:52:56 PM »

I think i need to give you the upper hand here...Superman has advantage overall against Cyclops...at least in comics...Superman is "bullet proof" as far as i know...i love Cyclops and he`s my favorite X-men(glasses...i was a kid when i first watched the show...the rest is obvious...)
On the other hand...Cyclops can get even on the comics in mugen...Superman could never defeat Cyclops...i don`t know if with Ai patch...but that put this battle even.

of course when it comes to mugen cyclops kills superman on every turn but i mean comic-wise

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2007, 12:51:23 AM »
I'll admit that, of the heroes I've seen from both sides, Marvel has the more human characters. Don't take this as a general statement, as it isn't, but my two favorite heroes, one on each side, was Spider-Man, Mr. Problems coming out of his rear, and Batman, Mr. I'm rich and possibly have blood thats 85% caffeine.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline djj4life

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 26, 2015, 12:47:44 PM
  • A Proud Member of C.R.O.M
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2007, 05:37:48 PM »
I've been reading comics for awhile now!

Spider-Man is my favorite character because I can relate to him more than any other character.

(click to show/hide)

TomBewley

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »
I can relate to the X-men about prejudice (I get a lot of it about my sexuality) and I prefer it for that reason.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2007, 11:13:24 PM »
I can relate to the X-men about prejudice (I get a lot of it about my sexuality) and I prefer it for that reason.

I can respect that but DC has a lot of strong gay characters. Grace, Thunder, Bat Woman, Rene Montoya, even Poison Ivy, and Harley dabbled in lesbianism. Pied Piper, and Obsideon, are both Gay characters involved in major books right now. Ive read the X-men for 25 years, and everyone says its so good because its a commentary on prejudice. Thats cool but, its like theres no point to it. I'd rather actually read about diverse characters with "REAL" issues, than character who have these cool powers but have it so bad.

That being said I really did love that book when it was ONE monthly book, 4 weeks couldnt pass fast enough for me.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:16:17 PM by ALEXZIQ »

TomBewley

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2007, 11:39:30 PM »

I can respect that but DC has a lot of strong gay characters. Grace, Thunder, Bat Woman, Rene Montoya, even Poison Ivy, and Harley dabbled in lesbianism. Pied Piper, and Obsideon, are both Gay characters involved in major books right now. Ive read the X-men for 25 years, and everyone says its so good because its a commentary on prejudice. Thats cool but, its like theres no point to it. I'd rather actually read about diverse characters with "REAL" issues, than character who have these cool powers but have it so bad.

That being said I really did love that book when it was ONE monthly book, 4 weeks couldnt pass fast enough for me.

True, true, but I never got into DC. I don't really know why that is. I suppose it was the old 90's shows I watched as a kid. There was F4, Spider-man and X-men, while DC only had that I remember, and it was amazing, Batman. I've started to get into DC recently, particularly Batman. Nothing else from DC really interests me.

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:September 18, 2009, 01:24:51 AM
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2007, 11:46:58 PM »
I think anyone can relate to DC since they have so many characters without powers (Batman, GL, Green Arrow, Riddler, Joker, Question, Speedy, Robin.) The list is really endless.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2007, 03:02:16 AM »
I think anyone can relate to DC since they have so many characters without powers (Batman, GL, Green Arrow, Riddler, Joker, Question, Speedy, Robin.) The list is really endless.

yes they dont have power's but they can kick butt that's why i can relate to them

(click to show/hide)

Offline egoless_932

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 01, 2015, 08:48:34 PM
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2007, 06:57:26 PM »
marvel vs dc?  lets think about this for a sec.
DC has better books so they win the comic war. Marvel is all about gimic now. they just put spidey and wolvy in everything to get little kids to buy the books. its not about a good read with them anymore. not to mention how many times they bite ideas from DC (examples:identity crisis to identity disc. world war 3 to world war hulk)

if you are talkin about in a fight i dont think there should be any arguement.DC hands down simply for the fact that superman could problably take out most of the marvel universe by himself, let alone having such characters as batman,wonder woman, flash, shazam, green lantern (all of em!), as well as the many other A-game heroes in his roster.

Offline egoless_932

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 01, 2015, 08:48:34 PM
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2007, 07:06:04 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline AkumaTh

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 22, 2017, 04:00:01 PM
    • My place in the Middle Ground
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2007, 07:07:19 PM »
For me, it's pretty much whatever gets my interest. My return to buying comics came with Civil War and Marvel Zombies. But my latest purchase got me one from Marvel, one from Dark Horse, one from Archie, one from DDP and two from DC.

And thanks to buying and reading Emperor Joker the day before seeing the Simpsons movie, it made the movie less memorable.

But in a fight, DC will win. Batman has the best Win/Lost Record in any comic book. Heck, he beaten Superman, Joker, Carnage and the Hulk!

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »
the thing about DC vs M

marvel makes there strongest lose on purpous

marvel always holds back there characters until there breaking point like annialation

galactus has always been portrayed as lazy but in the begining of that universe he killed like 5 ppl who where his lvl in power and imprisoned 2

and he held back abraxas

and he keeps the universe in order

they always do retcon's 

so u cant really rely on the older comics

Offline 1nonly

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 26, 2009, 11:13:19 PM
  • For Pete ' Sake
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2007, 07:44:59 PM »
well im pretty much both
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 07:53:20 PM by 1nonly »
i need an new sig :/

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2007, 08:23:59 PM »
there are some marvel dc comics lets see there is superman vs hulk and there was spiderman vs batman and the teen titans teamed up with the xmen to take out dark side from super man and dark phoneix also night man teamed up wit wolverine a couple of times so did batman and wolverine

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2007, 03:06:04 PM »
Some reasons why Batman isnt just a guy for ya in full color. If you dont read DC or Comics in general here ya go. Notice Batman fights Cap hand to hand, and tells him you "could" beat me, even though Batman pretty much wooped him in DC vs Marvel accept for the stupid voting fiasco

http://members.tripod.com/agent0x7/crossovers.html

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2007, 03:23:16 PM »
I think its quite obvious that im a big marvel fan.
Ive always related to Peter Parker and his problems.
Unfortunatly i havnt been able to keep up with comics for quite some time (due to money issues)
My friend has recently had me read Identity Crisis and that was pritty good actualy, but i just cant really conect myself with dc characters.
And i was never a fan of someone who was invincable, thats why i dont really like superman.
Yeah he's got a weakness, redsunlight and a rare green rock from a dead planet, but thats only if he's in his home dimension (just look at superboy prime)
Ive been studying DC though wikipedia for an upcoming game a friend of mine is going to run, and well i can start to see its apeal to people, i used to be a diehard marvel boy who wouldnt even give dc a chance.
But now ive seen the value in dc.
But still, "MAKE MINE MARVEL"  :)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2007, 03:32:39 PM »
Even DC fans dont like Superman because of his omnipotence. Thats why we always root for Batman to use science to whoop him in every tale out there.

Offline StarXS

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 07, 2008, 09:43:28 PM
  • Legionnaire
    • Mugen Battle Network Blog
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2007, 04:32:04 PM »
Even DC fans dont like Superman because of his omnipotence. Thats why we always root for Batman to use science to whoop him in every tale out there.

I like Superman, hell he's the reason I started reading DC... right before Doomsday, when the writers really didn't know where to go with his direction... Supes has relatable stories (at least I can relate) but when peeps say Batman can't beat him, I show them these 2 pics:

Hey, even if there was some green k around, Bats still used that to his advantage
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 04:33:51 PM by StarXS »

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2007, 04:51:18 PM »

I like Superman, hell he's the reason I started reading DC... right before Doomsday, when the writers really didn't know where to go with his direction... Supes has relatable stories (at least I can relate) but when peeps say Batman can't beat him, I show them these 2 pics:

Hey, even if there was some green k around, Bats still used that to his advantage

Of corse batman can beat superman, from what ive come to understand bats is the keeper of weeknesses, the only human in the league, he's the one trusted with all the secrets to stop everone in the league.
Im sure batman always has a lil kryptonite tucked away in a lil led box on his belt.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal