collapse

Author Topic: Marvel vs DC who and why?  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
Marvel vs DC who and why?
« on: August 11, 2007, 12:50:43 AM »
Welcome back one and all! Starting off on a light note I'm curious in the world of MUGEN, Comics and Movies who you prefer? Those that know me know I'm an accused eletist for DC, and their message boards. I wont admit to that but I will say I grew up, an X-Men, and Spidey fan as a youngin, so I have a tremendous respect for Marvel's characters. As I grew Young and rebelious I became more attracted to the writings of Frank Miller, Alan Moore, which would lead me to being fan of Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison, and John Obarr. After those days I became a hardcore Vertigo Fan which made me a hardcore DC fan.

Since I was a kid there seems to have been a role reversal where Marvel seems to be the company that appeals more the young, and DC has become very serious and adult company (a reflection of Vertigo's influence I believe) Compare V for Vendetta, Batman Begins, and Constantine to Spiderman 3, Ghost Rider, and Fantastic 4, theres a big contrast there. I'm not saying either preference is right, Im curious what everyone else thinks....

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
Re: Marvel vs DC who and why?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 12:57:16 AM »
Well,you made a point comparing those movies indeed...
I´ve always preferred Marvel over DC,because i liked its tv shows more than DC`s...why Superman and Batman from the animated series look pretty similar to eah other...WB´s fault,of course...
I couldn`t see Spidey 3,was that bad that you compared it with Ghost Rider?

Offline Kev The Galaxybender

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 29, 2022, 03:38:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 12:57:48 AM »
Dr. Fate vs Dr. Strange FTW!!!!

oh and while Spider-Man is my favorite hero (with Batman and Batman Beyond following) I hated spider-Man 3, and you all probably already know why

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:September 18, 2009, 01:24:51 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 01:00:29 AM »
Well I've never read a comic book so all my knowledge is based of cartoons and movies.
DC has way better cartoons that are more dark and serious. But I'm a die-hard Spidey fan and still quite a young sir so I like Marvel's movies better. DC's are too boring for me. I'd have to say Marvel is where I'm at but DC is not far behind at all.

TomBewley

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 01:03:34 AM »
I'm  a Jean Grey fan all the way. I love the X-men  :D

I have always preferred Marvel. I never really got into DC comics, and some of their heroes were so lame in comparison to Marvel

And yes, Spider-man was awful. I hated it for many reasons, Venom being lower down on the list that some may have expected. Damn Emos!!!  >:(

Offline Megafanx13

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 07, 2011, 10:52:29 PM
  • Yakuza!
    • 私のウェブサイト
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 01:04:06 AM »
love marvel! especially symbiotes!

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 01:09:07 AM »
I was always a fan of Marvel, but in the last 7 years I've been getting into DC, but I still prefer Marvel. I like Marvel movies better too. all DC can come up with is Batman and Superman movies

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2007, 01:12:02 AM »
Me too Jay_high19...i´ve never read a Marvel/DC comic i think...
But we cannot compare them a lot...they are different styles and drawings,everything is different...
BTW,remember the bad DC movies like Batman & Robin... :-\,Joel Schumacher nearly killed Batman´s reputation with that one...just awful

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 01:12:32 AM »
Well I've never read a comic book so all my knowledge is based of cartoons and movies.
DC has way better cartoons that are more dark and serious. But I'm a die-hard Spidey fan and still quite a young sir so I like Marvel's movies better. DC's are too boring for me. I'd have to say Marvel is where I'm at but DC is not far behind at all.

Theres nothing wrong with being an animated DC fan. Paul Dini wrote Batman the Animated Series into Justice League from 1992-2006, probably the longest running contnued animated drama next to the Simpsons, and Emmy Award Winning on top of it. Marvel is the bigger company, but animated wise nothing has touched Dini's success.

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 01:16:40 AM »

Theres nothing wrong with being an animated DC fan. Paul Dini wrote Batman the Animated Series into Justice League from 1992-2006, probably the longest running contnued animated drama next to the Simpsons, and Emmy Award Winning on top of it. Marvel is the bigger company, but animated wise nothing has touched Dini's success.
True, the 95 Spider-man:TAS was the best cartoon Marvel had to offer. Silver Surfer and X-men were alright too. But all put together don't even touch Batman:TAS. All seasons of JL and JLU were great too.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 01:18:33 AM »
I would have to say...
Marvel by far
but I have been picking up alot of comics recently...
see when I was little the only thing I've had to go on was the Cartoons (90's cartoons that is)
ever since then I loved Spider-Man for the cool butt he was
since I've been getting into the comics I see the
pain
fear
ect.
side of it and I've been hooked

same for DC *mostly with Batman*
One of the Amazing comic Series I've ever read was
"Gotham's Finnest"
It's about the Polices' view-point to the Capped Crusaider...
Intresting stuff!!!1

Offline Monday-Night-Kombat

• Last Login:December 02, 2007, 01:37:00 PM
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 01:19:10 AM »
Marvel beats all. I am a Spidey fan to the fullest. I llove the whole Spiderman series. He's even my room design. Marvel(to me) is more exciting and adventurous than DC

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 01:19:27 AM »
I was always a fan of Marvel, but in the last 7 years I've been getting into DC, but I still prefer Marvel. I like Marvel movies better too. all DC can come up with is Batman and Superman movies

What about V, Constantine, and Stardust, with Wonder Woman, Swampthing, and Death comming soon? Marvel whips out dozens of so so adventures that are hard to recognize one from the other. DC does less, but I think are way more artistic, and less bells, and whistles eye candy.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 01:31:00 AM »
I've been a diehard Marvel fan for half my life *I'm only 16 though*, but in recent times, I've been reading DC comics more and more. *especially superman, so shoot me* Back on topic now. Marvel has the whole "What-If" series that would be great in movie form, especially Spiderman's "The Other".  On the other hand, DC took that idea and made it better with their "Elseworlds" series, with my favorite being Superman's "Red Son" mini-series. So with all that in mind, I'd say that Marvel and DC are pretty much even, unless DC comes out with a new slew of Elseworld comics, then they'd win.  ;D
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 01:48:08 AM »

My knowledge is based on MVC, a couple of eps of the Justice League Now, and the 90's batman cartoon.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 01:50:57 AM »

My knowledge is based on MvC...
You poor poor guy... >.>

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2007, 01:52:32 AM »

My knowledge is based on MvC...
You poor poor guy... >.>

lol, actually I used to watch the old 90's X-Men cartoon, but I barely remember half the eps so it doesnt really count... :-\

Offline Epic Win Man

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 03, 2017, 10:28:49 PM
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2007, 03:43:50 AM »
Marvel, mostly due to my exposure to it (my parents have tones of comics, 90% marvel, MvC, the movies, the cartoons, toys, and of course, my two favorite super-heroes are Gambit and Nightcrawler)
hmmm...

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 08:10:39 AM »
at lot of the good information and story about the characters are found in the comic books. DC has a lot more to them than what they show on TV and such, as well as Marvel. A lot of people didn't know that Hulk had healing abilities and he's nearly unstoppable, there were things about Robin (Tim Drake) and the Jokers daughter that I didn't know about. The comics were really good, I suggest people read a few of them, they get really good. 

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 08:58:41 AM »
id have to with dc i could never forget the wonderful match ups they put old school superman in and the batman series was ok

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline dvr88

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 12, 2011, 12:13:41 PM
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 09:06:14 AM »
well i grew up watching the superman animated series but i pefer marvel over dc
i like spiderman but not spiderman 3 like batman begins better
i also like wolverine
however i still like to watch batman animated series and justice league

Offline cambionr

• Last Login:December 11, 2011, 06:58:29 PM
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 01:26:43 PM »
I'm probably the biggest comic book geek in this place (over 3,000 paper comic books and somewhere around 13,000 digital scans) and I have moved strongly towards DC in the last ten years.  Marvel held the love of fans so long because of its sharp focus on continuity, everything was so interrelated and well managed (for the most part, I mean Wolvie still was everywhere at once).  But DC has really stepped up to the plate, combine that with the legends who live there, the vetigo line (Seriously if you've never read Sandman or Alan Moores run on Swamp Thing, or Preacher, or Fables for that matter, then go now and read them all...we'll wait) and they are just better.  Still, I never miss an issue of Ennis' Punisher series, that man is a frickin' genius.

Oh, and the Ultimate line was the best out there for years, now though, I just don't know anymore.

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 01:33:37 PM »
I'm probably the biggest comic book geek in this place (over 3,000 paper comic books and somewhere around 13,000 digital scans) and I have moved strongly towards DC in the last ten years.  Marvel held the love of fans so long because of its sharp focus on continuity, everything was so interrelated and well managed (for the most part, I mean Wolvie still was everywhere at once).  But DC has really stepped up to the plate, combine that with the legends who live there, the vetigo line (Seriously if you've never read Sandman or Alan Moores run on Swamp Thing, or Preacher, or Fables for that matter, then go now and read them all...we'll wait) and they are just better.  Still, I never miss an issue of Ennis' Punisher series, that man is a frickin' genius.

Oh, and the Ultimate line was the best out there for years, now though, I just don't know anymore.
:o
Nobody's a bigger comic "geek" than Mr. ALEXZIQ.

Offline Reza

• MVCR
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 02, 2011, 12:25:35 AM
  • I Come To Suck Your Blood
    • Reza's Mugen Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 02:04:03 PM »
I'll have too say that if Cyclops and Superman fight it would be great, because they both get their powers from the sun so lets see who will win if the sun was there....pure hand to hand. :) :P

My Website: Untitled Document

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 02:36:34 PM »
Ironman vs Green lantern.....cause they are the seem to be on the same level

my new one

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal