collapse

Author Topic: Who felt the earthquake today?  (Read 466 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Who felt the earthquake today?
« on: August 23, 2011, 08:11:43 PM »
I was in manhattan when it happened. I was trying to get this second job and waiting on the interview just killing time in the park. Bryant park in manhattan is right over the subway so if there was a rumble all of us sitting in the park pretty much ignored it. A friend calls me up on the cell kinda frantic "YOO its an earthquake going down man the ground is rumbling literally beneath my feet!!"...im like WTF?? i dont feel sh*t man im in manhattan. But bet as soon as i said that mobs n mobs of people started flooding from different buildings in the the park on cell phones and im just sitting there like oh..sh*T :(|) i guess youre right man ??? /:O

My sister in VA (after the lines finally started working again) said the bed was shaking like crazy as if it was an exorcist movie she grabbed the baby and left out side. My homie in queens said yooooo his whole house was shaking badly and the chandelers was swing like crazy...im like dayum! :|

So at this point i expect another quake. this maybe that so called quake that dude on youtube was talking about but he missed it by some months :-??

http://news.yahoo.com/why-virginia-quake-shook-entire-coast-205833903.html

Btw it was felt in:
Ohio
Colorado
DC
&
Boston ( i called my cousin to see if he was good and he said naaaww man i felt that sh*t. the kids were scared^^)

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
Re: Who felt the earthquake today?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 08:35:36 PM »
i live in bk and i felt it this afternoon thought it was a truck or something but then my chair and everything else started to shake so im like  :o then i go outside to see the whole neighborhood is out trying to figure out what was going on

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 08:47:02 PM »
Well luckily I live no where in that area.

Hope those people made it out okay  [-O<

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:03:26 PM »
i live in bk and i felt it this afternoon thought it was a truck or something but then my chair and everything else started to shake so im like  :o then i go outside to see the whole neighborhood is out trying to figure out what was going on

lol yeh while i was in manhattan my peoples called me around the way in BK and said yeh those rumbles were official! they felt that sh*t! im like wow i can imagine what yall was thinkin at the time. everybody response was the same  /:O wtf?? lol

man im just glad no one got hurt. i dont know what lies months ahead but i hope that 5.5 doesnt turn into a 8.5 in the middle of the night  :| lol

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »
I felt the "aftershock" of the earthquake, but it was simply a slight shake down here in Georgia (pretty much ignorable).

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 10:53:36 AM »
please it was only a 5.8 or something at the center, a baby compared to the ones ive been in.

Although according to this video, that earthquake was artifical

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 11:12:03 AM »
Apparently people around here (PA) felt it, but I didn't feel a thing.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 12:03:14 PM »
please it was only a 5.8 or something at the center, a baby compared to the ones ive been in.

Although according to this video, that earthquake was artifical

"Kris Kringle's gonna get whipped!"

:DxDie

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 02:12:53 PM »

:-@ we all know all that man. this is NY. tall buildings. glass everywhere. construction. old old bridges. sh*t f*ck up bad n quick out here. yeh things look pretty on TV but us NYrs out here know sh*t is F*cked up out here. Folks arent used to "small rattles" like that it. WE NEVER HAD EM. Since what 1944?? cmon lol takes 2 damn decades at times just to fix one subway alone out here....so if anything most folks are afraid of anything out of the ordinary to happen tragic. 9/11 still have folks numbed up out here. me personally i didnt feel it at all. Nothin. NADA. i was sittin over a subway so if somethin was happenin i didnt know jack till a friend told. My only worry that doesnt happen is a 8.5....im in brooklyn so i should be good. but if im ever on that old @ss J train line going across the water and somethin out of the blue happens on a un heard of scale that bridge is done. for years some of our bridges been rotting away. Thats out BIGGEST complaint now. FIX THE BRIDGES. all kinds of sh*t man...its a pretty and delicate city. most of us want to leave because we know thats what most of the US enemies aim for...but anyway i dont worry about this kind of thing. if it happens it happens. you cant stop it and this "lil shake" is just a hint at whats going to happen anyway. NY is already back to normal like the sh*t never happend.

im just glad no one got hurt...NY streets are f*cked up out here and anyone could have went in a hole...and thats a fact bro

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 02:22:24 PM »
Everywhere else in the country should conform to california building standards so they can be prepared for things like this happening.
You need the right kind of counterweights and stuff built into buildings so that when things do go a rollin, the buildings got a better shot at taking less damage.

Last time we had a big earthquake out here, didnt even have paintings fall off the walls or nothing. If they alter their building codes, they could give people tax breaks for upgrading older buildings and that would help stimulate the local economys a bit.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »
Everywhere else in the country should conform to california building standards so they can be prepared for things like this happening.
You need the right kind of counterweights and stuff built into buildings so that when things do go a rollin, the buildings got a better shot at taking less damage.

Last time we had a big earthquake out here, didnt even have paintings fall off the walls or nothing. If they alter their building codes, they could give people tax breaks for upgrading older buildings and that would help stimulate the local economys a bit.

Yeh thats what im sayin mew. a lot of places are not like NY. thats awesome what you said and that would be great but i know the reality of my city. it looks pretty on the outside but on the inside?? wow dude its just rotting away. thats why a lot of us tax payers out here get pissed when we see nothin done but just all talk but buy a million dollar sprinkler system for an old bridge that they have yet to fix smh. too many deaths over the years by tall building constructions (and sometimes lower falling) on people or a huge crane falling over. just crazy man. The building codes out here are a joke. a few years ago proved that with those crane truck deaths it was un heard of. now when u walk through manhattan you gotta be extra cautious. falling construction or anything.

well i get your point and im sure you get mine. i just hope no one here at IMT gets caught out there in an earthquake tragedy. videogames aside thats no bueno homie.

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar