collapse

Author Topic: Do u think its a good idea to change video games into movies  (Read 1849 times)

Offline 1nonly

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 26, 2009, 11:13:19 PM
  • For Pete ' Sake
Re: Do u think its a good idea to change video games into movies
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2007, 07:29:16 PM »
I think there should be a Megaman movie. That would be so awesome. Better yet, a live action Pokemon movie.

so ur saying that u want this to happen

i need an new sig :/

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2007, 07:32:57 PM »
It's going to take time for studios to invest a big budget into a video game movie if they still haven't farred well. Look at comic movies the sucked when they first came out. Do remember the first spiderman or captain america or even nick fury? So let's give it some more time hollywood doesn't get it right away :|.

Thanks DG!

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:September 18, 2009, 01:24:51 AM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2007, 07:35:37 PM »
It's going to take time for studios to invest a big budget into a video game movie if they still haven't farred well. Look at comic movies the sucked when they first came out. Do remember the first spiderman or captain america or even nick fury? So let give it some more time hollywood doesn't get it right away :|.
SMB came out 14 years ago tho. Plenty of time to have figured out what was wrong [-X.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2007, 07:51:42 PM »
I think there should be a Megaman movie. That would be so awesome. Better yet, a live action Pokemon movie.

nonononononononononono!!!!!!!

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »

LMFAO
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:September 18, 2009, 01:24:51 AM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 07:53:48 PM »

:D :D 8-}

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 08:01:38 PM »
I thought the SMB movie was alright. SF the movie was pretty terrible, MK the movie was kickass, MKA... not so much, and the RE movies were alright.

quoted for truth

anyway
most of you guys need to see...the video-game movies are best...not viewed as...the video-games...themselves...
mostly they should be viewed as HUGE what-if's

(EXCEPT MK1 movie that just...rocked)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 08:10:10 PM »
It really depends on how the game is. I mean Mario=Hell no.
Metal Gear however was based off a ton of different movies and anime, it could be a movie.
I really liked how Silent Hill transitioned as a movie, it had everything from the game + Pyramid Head. They changed the characters around, but like that even makes much of a difference in the story, the only thing I didn't like about SH the movie is the ending.
Oh btw, God keeps answering my prayers,
There's a Fear Effect movie possibly coming out next year.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0461661/
This movie just might resurrect the game series (Eidos was making a 3rd game but canceled it because of losing money from their first Tomb Raider ps2 game and nearly going bankrupt, however lately there are rumors that FE3 is being made again).
 ^:)^

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2007, 09:09:36 PM »
Look at SF movie: American propaganda. GUILE AIN'T THE HERO, RYU IS!!! Then they really messed up on the Super Mario Movie.
The Mortal Kombat and Tomb Raider series were a little more decent in my opinion, and I haven't seen the Doom one.
Movies made from videogames don't really make justice to them. I mean, that's my personal conclusion ou of what I've seen (which as you may notice, isn't really a lot). ;*))

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2007, 02:52:09 PM »

and I have great news for everyone hahaha there is going to be a new street fighter movie haha
You can't be serious..lol T_T

haha I sure am and as D.O.A did they are going to follow the girls side of the story....the movie follows chun-li

"As the Street Fighter saga celebrates its 20th anniversary, fight fans are invited to follow along with fearsome fighter Chun Li as she faces off against a series of formidable opponents in this feature adaptation of the popular video game franchise. Previously adapted for the screen in the 1994 Jean-Claude Van Damme film, the series continues to thrive as eager gamers across the globe go toe-to-toe to determine who is the most skilled and powerful warrior in the video-game universe. ~ Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide"

http://movies.aol.com/movie/street-fighter-2008/28060/synopsis

belive it

my new one

Offline Bob Dobbs

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 08, 2012, 05:18:35 AM
  • Slackmaster Supreme
    • The Temple of Slack
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2007, 07:50:53 PM »
House of the Dead has to be the absolute worst example of this topic gone awry.  ~X(

"Too much is always better than not enough."

Offline Bob Dobbs

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 08, 2012, 05:18:35 AM
  • Slackmaster Supreme
    • The Temple of Slack
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2007, 12:04:27 PM »
I agree, I walked out of HOTD in the theater as soon as they started superimposing clips from the game.

"Too much is always better than not enough."

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2007, 12:28:08 PM »
Look at SF movie: American propaganda. GUILE AIN'T THE HERO, RYU IS!!! Then they really messed up on the Super Mario Movie.
The Mortal Kombat and Tomb Raider series were a little more decent in my opinion, and I haven't seen the Doom one.
Movies made from videogames don't really make justice to them. I mean, that's my personal conclusion ou of what I've seen (which as you may notice, isn't really a lot). ;*))
Meh. It really depends on who your fav' char in SF is.
A lot of Japanese people like Ryu because Ryu represents Japan.
Ken and Guile rep America
If there was a SF movie in India, the hero would probably be Dhalshim.

+ Almost everybody has a story in SF.
Guile wants to kill Bison because his best friend was murdered
Chun-Li wants to kill Bison because of her dad.
Ryu = The whole Dark Hado thing.
Ken, well he's a support character for Ryu and Sean's sensei, whether or not Capcom will take in the whole Violent/Psycho drive thing in is beyond me.
Vega/Balrog is supposedly in SFA he shapeshifted into Bison/Vega, while Bison/Vega used Rose's body until he was able to get a new one or something.
Sagat wants a rematch with Ryu because of you know.
Anyways all in all, a lot of people have stories in SF not just Ryu, so there's a lot on the plate to choose from.
As far as game movies.
I didn't really like the Tomb Raider movies because well
1)Angelina Jolie doesn't look that much like Lara Croft.
2)Both movies seemed to fail with most of the story line and all in all I felt that it was just another action movie with the name Tomb Raider slapped on.
both Mk movies were great but I felt the first one was better because the fighting was more dramatic, and Christoper Lambert is God as Rayden. The second kind of came off as cliche. I mean they were using Ninja's so much in that movie at times it felt like they were fighting the putty from Power Rangers. Although my favorite Game movie as of yet would be a tie between the first MK and Silent Hill. When Alone in the dark was being made, I didn't even pay any attention to it.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2007, 12:42:44 PM »

the MK movie did the game 100% justice in that it follwed the game EXACTLY and added a storyline which the game itself lack in the first place
Well they did show some characters stories at endings in storyboard form. The only part I found strange was how Shang Tsung looked. He wasn't an old guy, yet he was a middle aged man, although I guess it's for the good because he is a good martial artist.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2007, 01:03:06 PM »
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/mortal+kombat/video/x121jn_mortal-kombat-defenders-of-the-real_fun

i think you'll apreciate this VKM!
lol. I had every episode (every released episode anyways) on my comp. I uploaded it at like the 2nd or 3rd infinity rebirth.

Also you might enjoy this
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/sub+zero/video/xyri4_scorpion-vs-subzero_extreme

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2007, 01:45:58 PM »

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/mortal+kombat/video/x121jn_mortal-kombat-defenders-of-the-real_fun

Man i used to watch that show all the time on USA, i was disappointed that they made a cartoon on mortal kombat and didnt even have any blood...

lol. I had every episode (every released episode anyways) on my comp. I uploaded it at like the 2nd or 3rd infinity rebirth.

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/sub+zero/video/xyri4_scorpion-vs-subzero_extreme

WTF? Ok that was a cool fight between subzero and scorpion, and it looked like something they forgot to put into one of the two movies, untill the point when those actors showed up who didnt even look like the people who played lu kang, Johny Cage and sonya...
What was up with those people..

Offline 1nonly

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 26, 2009, 11:13:19 PM
  • For Pete ' Sake
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2007, 03:17:08 PM »

that was a good fight and all but sub zero dosent have a sister 8=|
i need an new sig :/

Offline FDX The Hyper Bomb

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 24, 2007, 04:33:08 AM
  • Alex is more awesome than all the shotos combined
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2007, 07:21:05 PM »
DOA was made of FAIL!  <_<|...|

My sister said she actually liked it (She didn't even know it was based off a game) :DxDie

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2007, 11:14:10 PM »

that was a good fight and all but sub zero dosent have a sister 8=|
He could have meant like a best friend of his.
After all some people do refer their best friends as their siblings.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2007, 01:28:33 AM »
Best videogame adaptation movie would be a Live Action Pokémon Movie.

It's pretty good you know, No problem if they just create a new trainer for the movie, no one would complain about that, And who doesn't want to see a real Charizard, Scyther, Onix, Blastoise or Groudon?

It would be pretty easy to make a plot and all that crap.

Trainer starts his PKMN life, trains his Pokémon, Rival comes, fights him, there's some adventure, Team Rocket comes( Not Jessie, James and Meowth just some Rockets ), Big Battle with Trainer and his Pokes against Rockets, then the Final Friendly fight with Rival, end of movie....Credits start rolling but then a Lab Explodes and Something's seen flying, a Shadow of a weird thing with tail and horns lands in front of a cave and there's a close up to his Purple Eyes, and then the credits start rolling again.

Possible Sequel. ;)

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2007, 01:34:20 AM »
Best videogame adaptation movie would be a Live Action Pokémon Movie.

It's pretty good you know, No problem if they just create a new trainer for the movie, no one would complain about that, And who doesn't want to see a real Charizard, Scyther, Onix, Blastoise or Groudon?

It would be pretty easy to make a plot and all that crap.

Trainer starts his PKMN life, trains his Pokémon, Rival comes, fights him, there's some adventure, Team Rocket comes( Not Jessie, James and Meowth just some Rockets ), Big Battle with Trainer and his Pokes against Rockets, then the Final Friendly fight with Rival, end of movie....Credits start rolling but then a Lab Explodes and Something's seen flying, a Shadow of a weird thing with tail and horns lands in front of a cave and there's a close up to his Purple Eyes, and then the credits start rolling again.

Possible Sequel. ;)
You haven't seen Pokemon live right?

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2007, 12:05:50 PM »

Man i used to watch that show all the time on USA, i was disappointed that they made a cartoon on mortal kombat and didnt even have any blood...

WTF? Ok that was a cool fight between subzero and scorpion, and it looked like something they forgot to put into one of the two movies, untill the point when those actors showed up who didnt even look like the people who played lu kang, Johny Cage and sonya...

Speaking about Mortal Kombat, there was a live action series which featured Kung Lao, and some Johnny Cage and Sonya clones (rip-offs) or something like that in the Netherealm... anybody seen it?

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2007, 12:16:06 PM »
yea it's a good idea but it depends on the game cause no one wants to see a parapa the rapper movie

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2007, 01:42:20 PM »

Speaking about Mortal Kombat, there was a live action series which featured Kung Lao, and some Johnny Cage and Sonya clones (rip-offs) or something like that in the Netherealm... anybody seen it?

I seen it....it was ok something to watch on the weekdays..........still looking for the D.O.A movie

my new one

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2007, 09:51:05 PM »
You haven't seen Pokemon live right?

Nope

I want a Real Movie with an Obscene Hollywoody budget.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal