collapse

Author Topic: Hey guys im back and came with a rant.  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
Re: Hey guys im back and came with a rant.
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 09:15:11 PM »
i hope ur not only lookin at fastfood places... look at construction, taking care of kids, ups driver or packin or somethin bro... expand out the limit of just fast food and restaurants, cuz honestly there not always hiring cuz most ppl go to the places first off to get a job. I honestly dont know what to tell u, but to keep pushin

@ nutpatch
then clearly im not talkin to u personally, im talkin about all the ppl who dont present themselves right... and 1st off, cuz u actin like u know me sayin i grew up in a good economy. Im pretty sure I grew up in Detroit, one of the hardest places to make it out of.
I aint sayin gettin a job aint hard, all im sayin is if u work hard enough ull get a job, not immediately, but ull get it

na i was talkin bout acey lol i always fill out multiple applications not just one.

Offline R.I.C.O - Twon

• I llu M ina T i
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:August 25, 2013, 10:18:26 PM
  • WHOOP R.I.C.O!!!
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 09:19:21 PM »
lol my bad but yeah man its gonna be hard, and really in the mean time its not gonna get any better... If you are like 16-young 18, u kinda really gotta be lucky to get a job, Cuz real talk there gonna hire older before younger. Also, start askin help from teachers and counselors and older ppl, theyll help u out.
OMGZ My e-feelings!!! (cheekslap)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 10:21:49 PM »
Well, I think we all share the same basic sentiment...

For all friends and family out there playing the game and trying to make it in the world today, a little quote that says it perfectly, "please, you gotta keep your head up. " - Tupac

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 28, 2012, 01:40:01 AM
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 10:24:32 PM »
@Everyone

I truthfully thought I was the only one that's having it difficult at this time.But it looks as if I'm not the only one.

@Nutpatch

I do what you did and I couldn't find a job either so your not the only one.But we got to hang in there man.I may complain I may lose confidence but I'm not giving up.I'll search once again as soon as I can get some new clothes since my old ones are getting worn out.

Peace 

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 11:42:28 PM »
Animugen, when you say things like "people born 1977-whatever." Makes you sound kid-ish. I wasn't attacking you or anything. Since you just said that you aren't going to give up, thats the attitude you should always have. It sounds corny, but it'll get you a job. Heres good luck to you buddy, and all the people out there struglling  :thumbsup:

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 09:52:28 AM »
Well I wish all of you who are looking for a job the best of luck. If you are in college there are jobs right under  your noses. Heck you can go for campus security and they'll help pay for school in one shot. For the guys and gals up here who are still in high school, if you got friends or family who are working, ASK THEM or go to work with them and nine out of ten you might get a job like that. Don't play the blame game on society or the economy either. Cuz the only mofos who are really hurting is the rich fagbots whose been stealing money on the grounds of doing their thing in a non regulated corporate world. Wether the economy is good or bad, we'll still be in the same boat that we're in, I promise you on that. I thought I was never gonna get a job after the Army cuz the whole thing about being in Aphganistan would scare a lot of employers off and I used to think they would see see this angry black man coming home from the war is not someone I want to hire as well, but I'm better than that and I hit the streets looking all day everyday. I used to walk from the Bronx to Brooklyn looking for work cuz my aunt or her girlfriend was too busy getting drunk and high to give me money to get on the train. But when I got thrown out and started living in a shelter, that was motivation enough to get my own thing started. Now I have been working at my job for about 3 years now and I got my own place, but I could do better. But when you guys get that first one, use it as a stepping stone to do better. Don't let being in the street be that motivation to get off your @s$ and get a job. Plus for those of you who are at that age were it's time for you to get your grown man or woman on, don't sit there and condone my man's action on ating someone you don't know cuz we don't all the whole story about duke getting handed that ultimatum about getting a job or getting out. That story may be one sided for all we know. I'm not trying to start anything, but if you get that age where you should be doing something with yourself and not being up under your parents, in most walks of life you will quickly find yourself out the door if you 're making any serious moves. If work doesn't come your way, go to school. Your resume looks hard body as a college student or graduate. But I ran my mouth too much so better be out. Good luck to you all :thumbsup: :) :) The worse thing than failure is failure by not trying. I know someone is like shet yo @$$ up man LOL!!!

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 10:27:56 AM »
Well I wish all of you who are looking for a job the best of luck. If you are in college there are jobs right under  your noses. Heck you can go for campus security and they'll help pay for school in one shot. For the guys and gals up here who are still in high school, if you got friends or family who are working, ASK THEM or go to work with them and nine out of ten you might get a job like that. Don't play the blame game on society or the economy either. Cuz the only mofos who are really hurting is the rich fagbots whose been stealing money on the grounds of doing their thing in a non regulated corporate world. Wether the economy is good or bad, we'll still be in the same boat that we're in, I promise you on that. I thought I was never gonna get a job after the Army cuz the whole thing about being in Aphganistan would scare a lot of employers off and I used to think they would see see this angry black man coming home from the war is not someone I want to hire as well, but I'm better than that and I hit the streets looking all day everyday. I used to walk from the Bronx to Brooklyn looking for work cuz my aunt or her girlfriend was too busy getting drunk and high to give me money to get on the train. But when I got thrown out and started living in a shelter, that was motivation enough to get my own thing started. Now I have been working at my job for about 3 years now and I got my own place, but I could do better. But when you guys get that first one, use it as a stepping stone to do better. Don't let being in the street be that motivation to get off your @s$ and get a job. Plus for those of you who are at that age were it's time for you to get your grown man or woman on, don't sit there and condone my man's action on ating someone you don't know cuz we don't all the whole story about duke getting handed that ultimatum about getting a job or getting out. That story may be one sided for all we know. I'm not trying to start anything, but if you get that age where you should be doing something with yourself and not being up under your parents, in most walks of life you will quickly find yourself out the door if you 're making any serious moves. If work doesn't come your way, go to school. Your resume looks hard body as a college student or graduate. But I ran my mouth too much so better be out. Good luck to you all :thumbsup: :) :) The worse thing than failure is failure by not trying. I know someone is like shet yo @$$ up man LOL!!!

LOL  :D :D i was dat one. Na i read everything u had to say sounds pretty good but i have been despretly lookin for a job i want a xbox 360 and i want to get sf4 and mk vs dc so im workin hard..

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2008, 03:57:36 PM »
Sorry that I have not replied my comp is gone to hell and back. First my ethernet card then my LCD screen. Now im using an old CRT. But anyways Acey I understand where you are coming from but its not as easy as you say it is. I went to spotsy mall (I live in va in fredericksburg) and put in 10 applications (no joke 10) and have not gotten a single call from anyone. My dad is kinda on my side but mostly on my step-moms. He agrees I need a job bad. But he said if anyone is gonna tell me to leave its gonna be him and noone else. He says if and when the time comes he'll tell me I need to pack not my step-mom. My step-mom has threatened to take away my internet privladges and also kick me out. Im on wits end I dont wanna move but if I get kicked out I have no other choice.

I would love to get a job but its nowhere near that damn easy nowadays. I have filled out numerous applications and I cant get a job. Yes it does not help that im a highschool drop out. But on every app ive put going to get GED so they know im going for a degree. Which I am going for a GED so I have not lied. But to anyone that says get a job, get a job, get a job, its not that easy.

Hell I just went to a local gamepad store about 2 days ago and they said they cant accept me or hire me because they have slow business and they had to lay off 10 people. Jobs are not easy to find here in the US anymore. If you dont beleive me let me fax or put up every app I sent out and then give you a copy of the phone bill. Youll see noone has called asking for me or wanting if I wanted a job. Jobs are slim pickings nowadays.

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 28, 2012, 01:40:01 AM
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2008, 07:12:40 PM »
Sorry that I have not replied my comp is gone to hell and back. First my ethernet card then my LCD screen. Now im using an old CRT. But anyways Acey I understand where you are coming from but its not as easy as you say it is. I went to spotsy mall (I live in va in fredericksburg) and put in 10 applications (no joke 10) and have not gotten a single call from anyone. My dad is kinda on my side but mostly on my step-moms. He agrees I need a job bad. But he said if anyone is gonna tell me to leave its gonna be him and noone else. He says if and when the time comes he'll tell me I need to pack not my step-mom. My step-mom has threatened to take away my internet privladges and also kick me out. Im on wits end I dont wanna move but if I get kicked out I have no other choice.

I would love to get a job but its nowhere near that damn easy nowadays. I have filled out numerous applications and I cant get a job. Yes it does not help that im a highschool drop out. But on every app ive put going to get GED so they know im going for a degree. Which I am going for a GED so I have not lied. But to anyone that says get a job, get a job, get a job, its not that easy.

Hell I just went to a local gamepad store about 2 days ago and they said they cant accept me or hire me because they have slow business and they had to lay off 10 people. Jobs are not easy to find here in the US anymore. If you dont beleive me let me fax or put up every app I sent out and then give you a copy of the phone bill. Youll see noone has called asking for me or wanting if I wanted a job. Jobs are slim pickings nowadays.

Dude man I applied for way more than 40 jobs and not a single one called.No one can beat that.You and I are pretty much in the same boat plus Each time I go to a place they say they can't hire because of the economy slow business no money etc.So yeah it's not easy anymore that is.But keep in mind your not the only one with issues.I have my share of issues too.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar