collapse

Author Topic: IN YOUR FACE, NON-BELIEVERS!  (Read 1676 times)

Offline WiiLuver2468

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 10, 2008, 12:00:13 PM
    • Email
IN YOUR FACE, NON-BELIEVERS!
« on: August 27, 2007, 08:30:37 PM »
Just called Shiny Entertainment today. They said they like the idea of Earthworm Jim in Super Smash Brothers Brawl. However, seeing as Jim is now owned by Atari, they suggest to pose my suggestion to them. They are currently closed for the day, but tomorrow, we get the answer I've been needing all August.

Now don't get me wrong. I still want Sonic in. He'll be the other remaining thrid-party char.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
Re: IN YOUR FACE, NON-BELIEVERS!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 08:34:14 PM »
You don't have a definate answer yet.

Offline desgrav

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 12, 2014, 12:38:04 AM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 08:35:24 PM »
I think sonic may already be in the game. Have you seen their growing relationship? Sonic and Mario at the olympics is a good example.
Need help with Chankast?
Come here: Login

Do you own a Dreamcast?
Come here: Login

Offline WiiLuver2468

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 08:36:18 PM »

YET! But tomorrow I will. And regaurdless, at least now I know who owns Jim!

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 08:37:14 PM »

Your sure one phone call will guarantee Earthworm Jim?

Offline WiiLuver2468

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 08:39:53 PM »

Your sure one phone call will guarantee Earthworm Jim?

One phone call between Nintendo and Atari, yes. I will tell them about the game (Unless they already know about it) and ask them to contact Nintendo. Then, later, I call them back, and I get my answer. It's a simple progress, yes?

TomBewley

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 08:43:20 PM »
Don't you think it's a little improbable that they will actually bother to do what one person asks? If one person asks for Earthworm Jim do you think they'll put him in? No! Remember the old polls that Sakura made asking people what new characters they'd like to see? Did they have Earthworm Jim? NO

These polls are one of the main influences in what characters get put in, not one phone call from somebody they've never spoken to before, who has no knowledge of the games market!!! 

Face reality for once

Offline WiiLuver2468

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 08:51:17 PM »
Don't you think it's a little improbable that they will actually bother to do what one person asks? If one person asks for Earthworm Jim do you think they'll put him in? No! Remember the old polls that Sakura made asking people what new characters they'd like to see? Did they have Earthworm Jim? NO

These polls are one of the main influences in what characters get put in, not one phone call from somebody they've never spoken to before, who has no knowledge of the games market!!! 

Face reality for once

Then again, that poll had stupid choices like Pinnochio and whatnot.

Besides, I mailed Nintendo a petition I made with people's signatures. So it's not just me.

TomBewley

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 08:57:38 PM »
If any third party characters will get in it will more than likely be Sonic, even though I don't really want him(I mean look at Mario and Sonic Olympics, thats some evidence). They will want popular characters to get it to sell better, not some character from 10 years ago.

I mean does Japan even know about Earthworm Jim?

Offline WiiLuver2468

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 09:00:21 PM »
If any third party characters will get in it will more than likely be Sonic, even though I don't really want him(I mean look at Mario and Sonic Olympics, thats some evidence). They will want popular characters to get it to sell better, not some character from 10 years ago.

I mean does Japan even know about Earthworm Jim?

Yes. Jim's starting games were released in Japan for the SNES and Sega Saturn. And they showed the show in Japan. So yes, they do. HA!

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 09:01:34 PM »
There are other characters that have a a higher chance of getting into brawl is all we're saying.

Offline WiiLuver2468

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 09:03:53 PM »
There are other characters that have a a higher chance of getting into brawl is all we're saying.

Yes, but to my knowlege, Just Sonic, Megaman and Rayman.

Y'know, it would be so much eaiser if there wasn't a limit to 3rd-Parties. I mean, why not just have 10 of them, and 50 Nintendos. Wouldn't make that big a deal!

TomBewley

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 09:06:23 PM »
Yes. Jim's starting games were released in Japan for the SNES and Sega Saturn. And they showed the show in Japan. So yes, they do. HA!

Ok, calm down. I didn't know the answer, hence me asking a question.

But still, no recent games have come from him. The series died a long time ago, and I don't think they'd resurrect a game that isn't first party like the Ice Climbers of Pit. And anyway popularity and the amount of money they can make from a character is much more important.

And Sakurai said he only wanted one or two more third party characters other than snake

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 09:08:09 PM »
The games already promised to release in 3-4 months. I don't think they have anymore time to code anything else and risk glitches. I'm sure Nintendo doesn't want to dissapoint their fans that are waiting for the game either.
Like I said, Brawl is either in
1)Beta testing stages by Nintendo's Beta testers
2)Testing and Rating by ESRB or
3)The data is already being scanned to Nintendo Wii discs.
It's a bit too late to put in new characters now.
Maybe if this was August of last year.
You also might want to read this too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl#Inclusion_of_characters

SSBB wasn't the first game that Hideo begged for Snake to be in.
Originally Hideo wanted Snake to be in SSBM.

SSBB is being released here in December 3rd. Usually Nintendo games come out in Japan first.
So it's probably going to be released in Japan either next month, October, or November..

Offline WiiLuver2468

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 09:19:23 PM »

Ok, calm down. I didn't know the answer, hence me asking a question.

But still, no recent games have come from him. The series died a long time ago, and I don't think they'd resurrect a game that isn't first party like the Ice Climbers of Pit. And anyway popularity and the amount of money they can make from a character is much more important.

And Sakurai said he only wanted one or two more third party characters other than snake

My list:

Snake
Sonic
Earthworm Jim

If not that:

Snake
Sonic

So, as you can see, Jim is just there to fill the gap if there was a 3rd one. And we've never seen Pit or the Ice Climbers or Mr. Game and Watch for that matter on a Nintendo consle past the NES or GameBoy. Yet, somehow, they managed to sneak their way on the Gamecube and Wii. So, if they can give these retro boys a shot, why not Jim? I mean, his games (IMO) are a better shoot-em-up than Megaman's games.

TomBewley

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 09:28:19 PM »
Because Ice Climbers and Game and Watch were Nintendo titles, Earthworm Jim is not!!

And VKM is right, they should be testing now. It is too late in development to add characters.

Offline Marancv

• Spriting Masta and
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM
  • Check out My NEW SITE! ;P
    • marancv's Hidden Place
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 09:31:09 PM »
hes got a point on that..
but snake is the sh*t!! :p

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 09:45:21 PM »
Megaman is more of action, than a shoot-em up. But if you've played the newer games. Megaman X, Megaman Zero. you will see not only they're alot more challenging. But require more skill than you think. Especially Megaman Zero. Megaman X they eac have they're own abilities. Megaman is able to basically shoot and use other peoples weapons. Zero uses a sword which is more challenging in terms of range you have to attack. I'll admit EJ is a fun game, I enjoyed it on the Gameboy. But Megaman has a unique sence of gameplay it was it's own kind in the NES era IMO.

Offline General Frostbite (☆)

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 19, 2008, 08:45:24 PM
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 12:46:16 AM »
I'd also like to see Earthworm Jim in Smash Brothers Brawl.

But I don't think it's gonna happen...

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 12:51:34 AM »
-_-;

no comment...

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 02:43:38 AM »
Megaman is more of action, than a shoot-em up. But if you've played the newer games. Megaman X, Megaman Zero. you will see not only they're alot more challenging. But require more skill than you think. Especially Megaman Zero. Megaman X they eac have they're own abilities. Megaman is able to basically shoot and use other peoples weapons. Zero uses a sword which is more challenging in terms of range you have to attack. I'll admit EJ is a fun game, I enjoyed it on the Gameboy. But Megaman has a unique sence of gameplay it was it's own kind in the NES era IMO.
megaman zx is rather easier for me then the older Megaman games, you just have to know what to do, and when to do it. Zero's form I'd say is the most powerful since I've seen the differences so far than the others, Zero's saber is stronger than the other sabers I have, plus Zero has a pistol in case your in a bind to where you need to use it. Also you shouldn't charge the super shot all the time either. If your in a boss fight, by the time you shoot 10 charge shots, you could have already beaten the boss with just the saber and the pistol, if you have enough time though you should charge, but if your already in a fight then just fire away.

Offline Sol-blaze

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 03, 2014, 06:41:50 AM
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 05:00:56 AM »
Alittle off topic the official site has beenupdating more often than usual they already "spilled the beans" on alot of stuff compared to melee, it's a safe bet that this nowhere near half of what to expect, and it does seemlike a pretty damn good chance that sonic might be in brawl, if not this one then maybe the next game? ???

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 05:38:58 AM »
I think the site's roster is under exaggerated. The veteran fighters don't show half as much characters that were in Melee. There's room for one more? So this means that the veteran is either going to be
Young Link
Luigi
Roy
Marth
Doctor Mario
Jigglypuff

They're not showing snake on the newcomers list so, the list is definately under exaggerated...

TomBewley

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 09:35:09 AM »
I think the site's roster is under exaggerated. The veteran fighters don't show half as much characters that were in Melee. There's room for one more? So this means that the veteran is either going to be
Young Link
Luigi
Roy
Marth
Doctor Mario
Jigglypuff

They're not showing snake on the newcomers list so, the list is definately under exaggerated...

They never show secret characters on the site. Snake has been confirmed to be a secret character by Sakurai. They release updates about the secret characters after the game has been released, like they did with Melee.

Luigi is more than likely secret, as is Jigglypuff. And Sakurai did say that one of the original 12 wouldn't make it.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 10:07:20 AM »
Young Link
Luigi
Roy
Marth
Doctor Mario
Jigglypuff

I doubt roy and marth will be in it. With the new Fire Emblem character Ike, more then likely there will be one more FIre Emblem character and it will probly be a counterpart for Ike (i havent played all the fire emblem games so i cant guess who that would be)

As for a veteran who isnt included... i would have to guess that young link wouldnt be included.
They would probly make The Wind Waker Link a secret character, or an assist trophy.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[Today at 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar