collapse

Author Topic: Worlds First Cyborg Kinda makes me sad....  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Captain Cold

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2015, 04:08:38 PM
  • Never Kill a Speedster
    • Email
Worlds First Cyborg Kinda makes me sad....
« on: September 05, 2008, 03:18:39 PM »
[youtube=425,350]1QPiF4-iu6g[/youtube]

kinda makes me sad and lose a lil more faith in humanity.....I just think how many rats did they go through before getting this far..........

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
Re: Worlds First Cyborg Kinda makes me sad....
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 03:27:47 PM »
Well we all have to start small before we can grow big right?

I mean its not like weve been using this type of technology for centuries..

Come on now, the PC is barely what 20+ years old and how much have we gained from it so far..

Technology starts off small and eventually it will grow to be a juggernaut of sorts.

Yes we dont have flying cars, and we dont have robots running around with us but eventually we will surpass that hump and go on to bigger and better things.

Its a process of trial and error.
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline Captain Cold

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2015, 04:08:38 PM
  • Never Kill a Speedster
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 03:32:08 PM »
yea i know its just I got a soft spot for rats lol (splinter)   :)

Offline Animeboy

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 28, 2012, 01:40:01 AM
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 03:34:14 PM »
Well we all have to start small before we can grow big right?

I mean its not like weve been using this type of technology for centuries..

Come on now, the PC is barely what 20+ years old and how much have we gained from it so far..

Technology starts off small and eventually it will grow to be a juggernaut of sorts.

Yes we dont have flying cars, and we dont have robots running around with us but eventually we will surpass that hump and go on to bigger and better things.

Its a process of trial and error.

^^(PM)^ You took all the words out my mouth mate.That's exactly how it goes.The already have Robots and Androids that resemble ppl & is so lifelike and have strong human intelligence.According to research ppl will be walking around and socializing with robots as if they were real ppl in the next 10 to 20 years.

Fascinating.

Offline EXCh33ky

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 25, 2013, 04:21:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 03:37:51 PM »
yea i know its just I got a soft spot for rats lol (splinter)   :)
thats why animal testing is such a sad thing :(

Avatar by Shinrahunter, Sig by DemonKing Ex

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 28, 2017, 05:55:15 PM
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 05:09:08 PM »
If that thing had Splinter's brain, it'd be beating the crap out of those scientists! Now THAT would be an entertaining video!

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
-Plato

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 05:18:21 PM »
...wow.

A robot controlled by tissues from multiple rat brains. I wonder what the ultimate goal's behind such projects....

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 05:28:59 PM »
...wow.

A robot controlled by tissues from multiple rat brains. I wonder what the ultimate goal's behind such projects....

Bio-Mechanical Mechines that can eventualy do calculations on a level of speed equal to the speed of a human brain.
And eventualy we'll have computers so fast, that everything loads at the speed of thought.
Heck maybe we'll have programs that will let us record things from our heads into a computer. Should would make my sprite editing allot faster!

Or true artifical limbs that function just the same as a real arm, with the same reaction speed, or even new weapons for war, where you only have to hook up your head to power a giant walking mech of destruction (like ExoSquad)

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 05:38:08 PM »
Well rats have been used before for many experimental stuff and we can't just take a human brain and make it control a body without going small first.

Offline aristotle

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 24, 2013, 05:36:53 PM
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 06:59:26 PM »
i hope this doesnt lead to something out of hand down the line...

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 08:02:18 PM »
...wow.

Bio-Mechanical Mechines that can eventualy do calculations on a level of speed equal to the speed of a human brain.
And eventualy we'll have computers so fast, that everything loads at the speed of thought.
Heck maybe we'll have programs that will let us record things from our heads into a computer. Should would make my sprite editing allot faster!

Or true artifical limbs that function just the same as a real arm, with the same reaction speed, or even new weapons for war, where you only have to hook up your head to power a giant walking mech of destruction (like ExoSquad)

Sounds fair enough. Well, at least the 1st 2 parts. That last part about the new weapons for war isn't, although I''m SURE that will happen sometime in the future as well.

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 08:14:20 PM »

It'll probably lead to this:

For best results, picture everything in this video as having a rat brain.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 09:25:23 PM by UltraRoboninja »

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
-Plato

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 09:49:08 PM »

Basic Rule of Humanity: What can be done will be done, regardless of if it should.

Expect to see everything Spidermew listed within most of our lifetimes, including weaponry of some sort. For better or worse, this brings us one step closer to our world being much scarier more interesting....

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 29, 2020, 04:59:08 AM
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 09:57:54 PM »
...wow.

if humanity ever created robots for war it will look like Mavericks surely someone will create a Maverick Hunters to stop those robots from doing havok because human have no chance defeating robots from war.... surely i want to see what will happen in the future... and i dont want to die yet LOL, i dont dream for flying cars cuz it will cause more accident or whatsoever... but kids these days.... they think selfishly in the future....

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 10:30:52 PM »
Even so, the fact of the matter is, what if these robots get out of hand, hell we still have problems with viruses, what if one of them got one like on I,robot... what then.. plus other countries would probably see that type of thing as a new weapon and if they didn't get any either, then we would have war on our hands...

Now don't get me wrong but i would luv it if some day we could be rollin around like the jetsons in flyings cars and what not and having talkin dogs like astro and other stuff, but the more technology the more danger arises and i see this as beening true because think about people in different Countries like Asian and Africa among others, for years they fought with a spear, sword, bow and an arrow, things like that... they had never even known what a gun was, most thought it was magic at first. All the lives we have lost because of the gun, we have lost more than what we have saved...

I don't kno if i'd ever feel safe around a robot, sorry but, i mean if that thing malfunctioned, helli don't kno what i'd do, its not like any of us r Cable or Judge Dredd.. Coudln't possibly fight it off unless we had a gun....(in this case i'd be glad that someone invented the gun)

Well i'll just say it like this, if this ever comes about, im saving a nice lil taser and a canister of nitro to blow that piece of junk from where it stands...  :D  :-??

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 10:39:47 PM »
talking dogs are lame.... i want a human transformation pet food...  :D :D :D :D no, seriously i want one

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 10:42:04 PM »
talking dogs are lame.... i want a human transformation pet food...  :D :D :D :D no, seriously i want one

Why do you want pet food made from humans?

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 10:46:02 PM »
I don't kno if i'd ever feel safe around a robot, sorry but, i mean if that thing malfunctioned, helli don't kno what i'd do, its not like any of us r Cable or Judge Dredd.. Coudln't possibly fight it off unless we had a gun....(in this case i'd be glad that someone invented the gun)

Well i'll just say it like this, if this ever comes about, im saving a nice lil taser and a canister of nitro to blow that piece of junk from where it stands...  :D  :-??

so tru, that's why I don't like the idea of robots thinking for themselves or even under so called safe control, cuz if it was to malfunction were doomed they don't feel pain and I doubt they would make the robots weak so I won't be able to out power it either

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 11:33:27 PM »

Why do you want pet food made from humans?

i watched an anime called ultra maniac where the girl made an human transfromation pet food
and her bestfriend feed her dog... and WHAZZAM!! it became a human child [ girl ] LOLLL!!!

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 01:20:46 AM »
Well the thing i do agree with they should make this technology usable in a way of helping people with lost body parts like they did on Biccential Man (Robin Williams movie where he was a cyborg that wanted to be human so he got together with another scientist to help him create a technology that would help him become human also helping humans with regaining lost body parts...

Now this i would agree on, but the thing is, what if people used those parts to hurt people, no offense but it seems like no matter what, no matter what the situation, people still find a way to hurt each other either way it goes so, i don't kno what to think.... but this is needed

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 02:18:34 AM »
...wow.

Offline MirageAtoli

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 13, 2011, 03:25:23 AM
  • Oh, my Paws and Whiskers!
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 02:21:28 AM »
You're forgetting about Moore's Law.

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2008, 11:37:52 AM »
just think MegaMan X and you will know what will happen to the nearest future....

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 20, 2010, 08:55:01 PM
  • You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2008, 11:45:26 AM »

It'll probably lead to this:

For best results, picture everything in this video as having a rat brain.

giving robots there own mind is not a good idea cuz sooner or later there going to want to be equals cuz they where f**k*** programed with a f**k*** brain like ours have our same thoughts and out looks and yea it will lead to that im sure  :(

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2008, 11:47:23 AM »
just think MegaMan X and you will know what will happen to the nearest future....

Sweet! No actual living things! Even all the trees are mechanical!  :)

-Plato

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 07:14:00 PM »

Sweet! No actual living things! Even all the trees are mechanical!  :)

/:O theres human and trees living in MMX saga even animals...

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 09:02:45 PM »
Oops. I only played 1 and 4, and most of the regular Mega Man games. Only humans I ever saw were Wily and Light. -shrug-

-Plato

Offline Ohsky

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 09:32:07 AM
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 10:07:40 AM »
the beginning of the end  :D
Open source Custom Sf3 Gouken sprites, in the open source section.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 10:32:37 AM »
Hmmmmnn, I cant advocate animal testing like this. Personally I think they should have to use sewer rats, and not domestic rats, but Im betting their domesticated rats. Personally I wouldnt show this till further along. A living brain without site, or feeling doensnt show me much other than a suffering organism in a remote car, dying probably from pure misery. had I seen some evidence of quality of life, I might have been more accepting. This is like the scene in Robocop 2 where they show all the failed attempts to build a 2nd Robocop. I think these experiments are a necessary evil, but I think it'd have been best to show some more impressive results. As far as artificial limbs go, we could do a lot more through clone, and stem cell research rather than attach a mechanical limb youd have to take drugs to keep your body from rejecting for the rest of your life.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 12:08:18 PM »
Hmmmmnn, I cant advocate animal testing like this. Personally I think they should have to use sewer rats, and not domestic rats, but Im betting their domesticated rats. Personally I wouldnt show this till further along. A living brain without site, or feeling doensnt show me much other than a suffering organism in a remote car, dying probably from pure misery. had I seen some evidence of quality of life, I might have been more accepting. This is like the scene in Robocop 2 where they show all the failed attempts to build a 2nd Robocop. I think these experiments are a necessary evil, but I think it'd have been best to show some more impressive results. As far as artificial limbs go, we could do a lot more through clone, and stem cell research rather than attach a mechanical limb youd have to take drugs to keep your body from rejecting for the rest of your life.

Very ture, but Mechanical Limbs also have military applacations. Like having hidden ranged and melee weapons inserted into them, or other equipment. Also the added gripping strengh of a true mechanical limb could possably be used for ripping down doors and fences, bending steel bars and such.
Better fo use in say an elete squad, or something like that. Clone'ed parts would be better for general population.

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 01:24:39 PM »
Yeah u guys was right, i guess i got that idea from that movie i mentioned above and also from Star ship Troopers.... Well, the cloningwould be tight, if it was like The 5th Element movie... they reconsturcted this person's whole body....

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 08:15:52 PM »

Pretty much sums up my feeling on the matter. Animal behavior is one of my areas of expertise, and from watching that video and the way this... thing... behaves, all I see is a tortured animal that's freaking out from not understanding what's happened to it. The fact that the brain only lives for about 3 months doesn't make me feel any better. While I'm a big advocate of scientific progress, experiments like this I find disturbing. I truly don't believe that the gains that might be made from this type of research will justify its cost and potential dangers.

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »
Well, I'm in serouis doubt that the robot is actual control from a rat brain.  Rats don't just run around in the open?  However if it is true, nothing good will come of this.  Why would they just not try to give a rat a leg or something like that.
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 12:00:33 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuOX433VY88[/youtube]

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 12:03:08 PM »
[youtube=425,350]AuOX433VY88[/youtube]

Fixed

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 12:06:22 PM »
y the hell does that keep happening  :-??

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 12:06:57 PM »
...wow.

world domination

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 12:08:33 PM »
y the hell does that keep happening  :-??

You have to put the end of the url in the youtube box, not the whole thing, watch, quote me and up there and you will see..

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 12:14:37 PM »
Hmm...  I just I just rack it up to say you just can't understand how everything works
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 12:15:26 PM »
[youtube=425,350]AuOX433VY88[/youtube]

Fixed

o0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0  :-[

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 03:01:43 PM »
pretty soon they are gonna use human brains if they havent already and we are gonna have a whole bunch of bryan furies walking around. remember what if they took the brain of human that was a murder? then you will see a whole new war because they can program it to learn and know everything

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 03:03:43 PM »
pretty soon they are gonna use human brains if they havent already and we are gonna have a whole bunch of bryan furies walking around. remember what if they took the brain of human that was a murder? then you will see a whole new war because they can program it to learn and know everything

thats scary >.<

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 03:04:58 PM »
yeah but its coming thanks to whole bunch of idiotic scientist. the government is gonna pull them in and use their research watch

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 03:13:52 PM »
as long as their used for war and not stuck in with the general population i wont be concerned 

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 03:37:38 PM »
the hole ideal is think of it a force of supermans, not fun :|

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar