collapse

Author Topic: No more Win XP!  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
No more Win XP!
« on: April 17, 2008, 03:20:02 PM »
I knew this was gonna happen, but still this sucks  :(

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/25252

It seems Microsoft is just using this as a way to force Vista on people. They are pissed that everyone hates Vista and that we all use XP as an alternative, so they just go take it off store shelves to force people to purchase Vista instead. I hate Microsoft and this doesn't help matters at all. D@mn it! we don't want your broken OS Vista and it looks like we are gonna be forced to use it at some point...*sigh*. They just want more money and this is another greedy marketing ploy to sell Vista. Microsoft Suck!

Offline Draco

• GFX Artist
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:December 26, 2008, 02:11:28 AM
Re: No more Win XP!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 03:28:31 PM »
this is crap. i use xp too because i hate vista, i have to say im not that surprised i always thought microsoft will do something like this at some point. i will go and buy a mac right now.  \-/o

Will Microsoft shut off product activation for XP after June? No, that would be crazy. While no one has said this will happen, it's conceivable that Windows could shut down product activation for XP at some point. But that would only happen after XP reaches its end-of-support term (when all support plans expire). The good news for you: That happens on April 8, 2014, which should be plenty of time to get the kinks worked out of Vista-or switch to a Mac, Linux, or anything else. Bottom line: Your copy of XP will work, totally legally, for at least six more years.

2) Even if Microsoft shuts off product activation, the hacker community will certainly make dozens of tools to let you continue using XP with abandon. Fret not.

With them....
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 03:35:36 PM by เภ๓๏гtคl ๔гคς๏ »

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 03:37:03 PM »
this is crap. i use xp too because i hate vista, i have to say im not that surprised i always thought microsoft will do something like this at some point. i will go and buy a mac right now.  \-/o

Will Microsoft shut off product activation for XP after June? No, that would be crazy. While no one has said this will happen, it's conceivable that Windows could shut down product activation for XP at some point. But that would only happen after XP reaches its end-of-support term (when all support plans expire). The good news for you: That happens on April 8, 2014, which should be plenty of time to get the kinks worked out of Vista-or switch to a Mac, Linux, or anything else. Bottom line: Your copy of XP will work, totally legally, for at least six more years.

Yeah, I might consider a Mac in the future myself, I think more people are gonna move to Mac because of Microsoft's greediness and outright pig headiness. Time for a new revolution....down with Microsoft  \-/o

Offline Captain Cold

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2015, 04:08:38 PM
  • Never Kill a Speedster
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 03:39:46 PM »
yeah when i read that it made me sad  :(  i dont know if i am ready for a mac yet 1.) i dont have the money and 2.) way to lazy to get all my software again lol for mac one day maybe

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 03:44:57 PM »
yeah when i read that it made me sad  :(  i dont know if i am ready for a mac yet 1.) i dont have the money and 2.) way to lazy to get all my software again lol for mac one day maybe

Yeah, I hear ya. I don't have money for one either and I'd hate to start over with a new computer, but it's something to consider in the future though...I hope this means Mac will get more support.

Offline Draco

• GFX Artist
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 04:03:59 PM »

Yeah, I might consider a Mac in the future myself, I think more people are gonna move to Mac because of Microsoft's greediness and outright pig headiness. Time for a new revolution....down with Microsoft  \-/o

yea i was thinking in buying a mac even before i read this. Microsft = Umbrella Corp.  :DxDie

the good part is that mac is compatible with a lot of software, you can even install windows components on mac.
i dont see any problem in changing to mac and i think its better option now.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 04:14:44 PM »

yea i was thinking in buying a mac even before i read this. Microsft = Umbrella Corp.  :DxDie

the good part is that mac is compatible with a lot of software, you can even install windows components on mac.
i dont see any problem in changing to mac and i think its better option now.

Umbrella Corp  :D that's what they are..haha. Yeah, a Mac is getting to be a much better choice nowadays and it's a great choice for graphic artists and such. I would like to see a lot more software compatible with Mac though and see it grow and become something more than what it is....I mean who isn't getting sick to death of dealing with PC's!?

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 04:32:04 PM »
\-/o
Im not gonna read it cuz I know what it says already.

As much as i dont wanna. I may just give in and switch to Apple. I hate how Microsoft makes its users advance with little options then BOOM, you dont have an option. Then they lay claim as to why is so much better, yeah right. I honestly think that was the whole purpose of 2000 & ME. The worst part is theres gonna be no way to keep XP b/c they will make all kinds of upgrades that wont work for it with no possibility of downgrading. Then your forced to buy an overpriced piece of sh*t thats gonna end up buggy and killin your comp. Not only that you will have to DL and reconfigure every program you use.
 o.O#
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 04:36:57 PM »
\-/o
Im not gonna read it cuz I know what it says already.

As much as i dont wanna. I may just give in and switch to Apple. I hate how Microsoft makes its users advance with little options then BOOM, you dont have an option. Then they lay claim as to why is so much better, yeah right. I honestly think that was the whole purpose of 2000 & ME. The worst part is theres gonna be no way to keep XP b/c they will make all kinds of upgrades that wont work for it with no possibility of downgrading. Then your forced to buy an overpriced piece of sh*t thats gonna end up buggy and killin your comp. Not only that you will have to DL and reconfigure every program you use.
 o.O#

Yup, exactly....time for the "Mac Revolution"

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 05:05:09 PM »
   I have seen vista first hand and it is crap. My sister has vista home basic on her machine down in the basement. It is slow as f**k hangs up every 15 minutes. I will never switch to vista until they come out with atleast 2 more service packs and they better atleast be 3 Gigs in size. But it could be to that she only has 850mb  (might be wrong on that number) of ram and vista requires atleast 2 gigs to function to the best of its abilities.

I will switch to vista when i have a comp that has atleast 4 gigs of ram (currently at 2) a 9 series Nvidia card and atleast 500 GB of storage space. Which I may have that by the time xmas comes back around.

Still vista is a complete pile of crap atm and they seriously need to fix it!

Offline Marancv

• Spriting Masta and
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM
  • Check out My NEW SITE! ;P
    • marancv's Hidden Place
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 05:55:54 PM »
thats why i use Windows uE.

a cracked version of XP, upgraded and more stable, without all that microsoft zhyt thats always in the OS.

it also has some Vista visual stuff.

i'll give Microsoft not a buck! \-/o

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 07:25:20 PM »
thats why i use Windows uE.

a cracked version of XP, upgraded and more stable, without all that microsoft zhyt thats always in the OS.

it also has some Vista visual stuff.

i'll give Microsoft not a buck! \-/o
Good for you Maran...in my opinion,Vista is just all flashy,but serves no good for now...besides,you all know that the general public is the "beta tester" of the OS right?They never release it to its full power on purpose...always get Sh*t pack 9001 for W Vista to make it work like it should  %-(

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 07:31:26 PM »
Have any of you tried Vista before? (a lot of people that bash it haven't even tried it)

I think it's pretty good. (XP is too crappy for me now.)

Oh....

Stop bitching, you knew it was gonna happen anyway. (I bet some of you bitched when windows 98 lost support in favor of XP)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2008, 07:51:16 PM »
Stop bitching, you knew it was gonna happen anyway. (I bet some of you bitched when windows 98 lost support in favor of XP)

Not I said the Black Fly...And yes I have used Vista. Had to at my last job. Its garbage.
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2008, 07:59:01 PM »
There is freeware OS like ubunto, linux is made to be fast even for 512MB ram.

I have used ubunto before.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 08:29:43 PM »

Not I said the Black Fly...And yes I have used Vista. Had to at my last job. Its garbage.

Why do you say that? (STILL NOT SEEING ANY REASONS)
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 08:35:24 PM »
Have any of you tried Vista before? (a lot of people that bash it haven't even tried it)

Oh....

Yes I have, I've installed it and used it.....it's a big steaming pile of dog crap! Everyone knows it's worthless except those in denial and Microsoft addicts. No one here has to explain why or how it's crap....the evidence speaks for itself. I'm sticking to XP till I decide to use either Linux or just get a Mac.

Offline Krazy Uga

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 31, 2012, 12:20:24 AM
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 09:14:09 PM »

Oh....

<_<|...|

Don't feed the troll.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 09:24:21 PM »
I'm not even trolling guy I've never even seen here before.

I'm stating my opinion. I like Vista. I'm also not in denial and I'm not a Microsoft addict. I just don't bee-otch about the inevitable.

Besides, no one here is giving reasons as to why they don't like it. All I see is people saying it sucks. And by now, it's actually a good OS. I don't really care if people buy Macs, All I'm doing is stating MY OPINION. Not trolling. Just cause you don't like Vista and Micro$oft, doesn't mean you can call me things guy that rarely posts.

Offline Krazy Uga

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 10:22:58 PM »

I'm stating my opinion. I like Vista. I'm also not in denial and I'm not a Microsoft addict. I just don't bee-otch about the inevitable.

Besides, no one here is giving reasons as to why they don't like it. All I see is people saying it sucks. And by now, it's actually a good OS. I don't really care if people buy Macs, All I'm doing is stating MY OPINION. Not trolling. Just cause you don't like Vista and Micro$oft, doesn't mean you can call me things guy that rarely posts.

:-@ Everyone's talking about how crappy vista is and you gotta be the opposite? Sound's like trolling to me bruh.

But im getting off-topic. I haven't really messed with Vista like that but from word of mouth (Friends, Family etc.) I heard it was TERRIBLE.  Takes a bunch of ram (still slow), doesn't make good use of system resources, and is very VERY strict about what you install in it. All my friends switched their OS back to XP so it seems reason enough to stay away from it.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 10:41:36 PM »

:-@ Everyone's talking about how crappy vista is and you gotta be the opposite? Sound's like trolling to me bruh.

But im getting off-topic. I haven't really messed with Vista like that but from word of mouth (Friends, Family etc.) I heard it was TERRIBLE.  Takes a bunch of ram (still slow), doesn't make good use of system resources, and is very VERY strict about what you install in it. All my friends switched their OS back to XP so it seems reason enough to stay away from it.

Hey, you should use that thing in your head called your BRAIN! If you actually bothered to think, instead of trolling yourself, you could deduce that I use Vista! I use Vista, and I've had no problems with it. (XP on the other hand...)

Instead of trolling me, how about you actually try Vista instead of being a mindless follower! Yeah!

Offline Krazy Uga

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 10:47:03 PM »
 >:-(-| Hey, did you hear that joke about the internet arguing and the special olympics?  ;*))

and he says WE'RE b*tching....

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 10:47:42 PM »
Don't force me to lock this topic [∀sian-Jesus], stop being rude...all your posts I read are always rude in some way. Just chill out and play nice.

Offline Draco

• GFX Artist
  • Contributor
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2008, 10:54:03 PM »

so get use to.......

everyone have to respect each other opinions, people dont like Vista here, if you do good for you just dont be rude because everyone dont think the same as you.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2008, 10:57:49 PM »

so get use to.......

everyone have to respect each other opinions, people dont like Vista here, if you do good for you just dont be rude because everyone dont think the same as you.

I don't care if people share my opinion. If they don't like Vista, whatever. I was just asking a question.

@dark: I was just asking a question, then someone called me a troll for having an opinion. Where's the whole respect thing now?

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:October 18, 2013, 01:26:43 PM
  • 50% output should be sufficient...
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 11:06:59 PM »
I recommend to just leave it like that...
Is useless to fight or defend your different thoughts or ways to see something vs much opposite on the other side.

For example...
I hate RE4 plot and just because I believe they just copied and pasted (Cause that's what the latest videos and info are telling me) the same stupid plot on RE5, everyone defend both games like mindless fans (Just like the enemies on those 2 games).

If they like the games from that genre...
I'm glad for them but why didn't Capcom create some different series using that weird plot and making it an mindless action game instead of turning a complete survival-horror series into somekind of mindless survival-action game?

PS: Sorry to went offtopic on a Win XP topic but I think at least I leave a clear message.
Lloyd: Presea, no one can stand against your axe!!!
Presea: The enemy has been defeated. We should move on.
Lloyd: Cold...

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 11:07:48 PM »

so get use to.......

I don't care if people share my opinion. If they don't like Vista, whatever. I was just asking a question.

@dark: I was just asking a question, then someone called me a troll for having an opinion. Where's the whole respect thing now?

Well, you tend to be rude with your opinions and whether you notice it or not it's not polite and all I ask is for EVERYONE including you to be polite and nice...no name calling..etc. You can state your opinions, but in a polite manner, nothing wrong with expressing your opinions as long as it's not insulting.

Edit: Sasuke-Kun is correct..nothing more needs to be said, let's get back on topic now.

Offline Marancv

• Spriting Masta and
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 05, 2019, 01:31:04 PM
  • Check out My NEW SITE! ;P
    • marancv's Hidden Place
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 12:54:26 PM »
sure i have had Vista, and is crap.

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 02:24:26 PM »

Oh....

Yes I have used vista, I have a vista machine in my basement! Ill post a screenie soon to prove ive used it. It is in all fact and factuality a piece of crap. The only way it is not is if u have atleast 2.5 to 4 gigs of ram. Then it excels and makes XP look like crap.

Offline eSkRo

• Original Founder
  • IMT Founder
  • Last Login:August 06, 2019, 10:56:09 PM
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 02:34:03 PM »
i prefer XP no doubt!
and ill keep using it till my last breath!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 02:45:59 PM by eSkRo »

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2008, 02:43:29 PM »
yep xp for me too.
maybe vista will be improved in the future..who knows? now it's not really compatible with most software and games so why even bother..also it's slow on it's own even if you have a super pc.
and if or should i say when? xp gets directx 10 then there will be no need for vista.
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline Epc123

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 10, 2010, 02:16:43 PM
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 10:57:42 AM »
I don't know how long we are going to have Windows Vista either, If the rumors are correct then Windows 7 Should be coming out in a year and a half at the end of 2009.

Offline Draco

• GFX Artist
  • Contributor
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2008, 12:54:04 PM »
i prefer XP no doubt!
and ill keep using it till my last breath!

^:)^ lol so true, im with you!

Offline Darqueness

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 25, 2022, 08:17:56 AM
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2008, 06:14:12 PM »
One thing about Microsoft.. Their OS is never fully functional day one.. Took XP 2 service packs and Win2K 4 service packs before they got remotely decent.. Always takes a while, which is why it's stupid to force people to get Vista. I'd rather wait a while with slightly outdated technology for the newer stuff to be functional, than jump on board day one onto a problematic jumble of issues and conflicts with a buggy OS..

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2008, 06:22:31 PM »
That`s because we are used as "beta testers" of their OS...when users discover something bad,they release that fix patch...expect a lot of those for vista now... o.O#

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 21, 2010, 12:00:11 AM
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2008, 06:24:12 PM »
I have Vista.....and I love it, I haven't had any problems, all of my games work properly too.

"I am two people"      Cyclysm & Sgt.Rotter

Offline DMP

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 18, 2011, 03:49:25 PM
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2008, 06:33:49 PM »
I ve tried vista i thought it was okay but i prefer xp because it runs faster and i am more familiar with it

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2008, 12:18:21 AM »
I wouldn't trust vista with my life, I keep hearing on how it's way more susceptible to viruses and the such.

Viva la XP!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar