collapse

Author Topic: Nick Fury Beta by Arkady  (Read 4100 times)

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 08:48:59 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
Nick Fury Beta by Arkady
« on: January 04, 2016, 06:29:39 AM »

I've killed... More times than I can count. I've burned worlds.
Destabilised galaxies. Dethroned gods. And I did it without any of them even knowing my name.
That's what it means to be the man on the wall. To be the invisible monster who keeps the other monsters at bay.
-- Nick Fury

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?79d0o6ul9d526ej

Offline boogerboy

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 24, 2024, 09:33:01 AM
Re: Nick Fury Beta by Arkady
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 02:55:15 PM »
Finally, a Ultimate Nick Fury!
Game on!

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 04:46:01 PM »
I might be wrong about this, but isn't it possible to give different palettes actual different heads as well?

Just making a suggestion to help make this character even more well done

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 05:12:07 PM »
Ark, I think you really need to chance the stance.

Offline Jmaxximus

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 02, 2022, 03:04:27 PM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 06:55:36 PM »
He loos great. 1 suggestion though maybe look at his walk back and make a few changes he looks like he is still walking forward but moving backwards.

Other then that I think he looks great

Offline AlmeidinhaPaulista

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 12, 2020, 12:25:17 PM
    • Away2014
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 07:49:04 PM »
Very nice char, Arkady! You are creative and have too much talent!  ;)

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 07:04:18 PM »
wow, now is when I see this.. ark, you need to make him a little more different than cable. maybe remove the gun all together. switch a few basics because he still too cable..

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 29, 2024, 10:26:37 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 07:34:17 PM »
wow, now is when I see this.. ark, you need to make him a little more different than cable. maybe remove the gun all together. switch a few basics because he still too cable..
This

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 07:48:28 PM »
This

meh? Its a cable base, it will look like cable no matter how much I edit it
but I will try to keep it in mind when I do a further updates on him
thanks for the feedback though

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 08:21:41 PM »
I agree with Verz. Its too much Cable.
Even idle is almost the same, I think you need to change it a bit.

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 08:41:40 PM »
ark, I don't think the base means that it should have everything the same. look at astonishing Cyclops and electro, they both got same base and if you play them, you don't see much in common just few basics. even if you play Capcom Cyclops versus astonishing Cyclops, you can feel playing total different characters.. take your time and put a little more effort into your characters and you will see how much better they will be. remember quantity its not better than quality. I also want to make so many characters but I know that if I try to speed up and cut corners they wont be as good..

Offline boogerboy

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 24, 2024, 09:33:01 AM
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 08:46:36 PM »
I agree with Verz. Its too much Cable.
Even idle is almost the same, I think you need to change it a bit.
Me too. Can you at least make him less Cable?
Game on!

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 09:55:20 PM »
ark, I don't think the base means that it should have everything the same. look at astonishing Cyclops and electro, they both got same base and if you play them, you don't see much in common just few basics. even if you play Capcom Cyclops versus astonishing Cyclops, you can feel playing total different characters.. take your time and put a little more effort into your characters and you will see how much better they will be. remember quantity its not better than quality. I also want to make so many characters but I know that if I try to speed up and cut corners they wont be as good..

that's really about perception, and the fact that you use both your own characters as example, speaks of how much you perceive your work over others, i would have commented on how zvitors cyclops and astonishing were different, but really, this is more about getting a rise and proving a point in obvious speculation

I can take your feedback, comment,do whatever but I don't have to follow your lead, I released this as a work in progress, a beta, I was real proud of the work done on his smart pallete, so I decided to share it for new years

I agree he has a lot of cable and needs to have more potential in spritework
(infact I have a friend who started adding a few bits and pieces) but as i don't feel the need to complete him just yet i can concentrate on other wips i find more interesting for the moment,

verz i suggest you start making as many characters as you can before you get sick of mugen, the main thing i try to do is get a character built, then you add the interior design, too many creators, are trying to make perfect sprites
its far easier to have something built to improve upon

I'm sure electro being pre built helped the newer version become even better
as I'm sure the Thor update by loginar will be even better

don't fret folks, i have plans for all my works, some of them already updated

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 12:59:43 AM »
ark, I don't perceive my work over others. the fact that I put my characters as example was just to prove a point about making characters using a the same base for both. I never meant it in the way you saying here but ok.

keep doing your good work  :)

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 08:18:02 AM »
I can take your feedback, comment,do whatever but I don't have to follow your lead, I released this as a work in progress, a beta, I was real proud of the work done on his smart pallete, so I decided to share it for new years

Arkady, I think you are spending so much time im MMV that you are starting to absorb the MMV style of receiving feedback (and its logic too). Don't do this with you. I even have some feedback to share with you about your creations but I will keep it for myself.

Verz aren't demanding anything to you, he is just trying to illustrate his point.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 10:34:19 AM »
I have to agree with the majority Ark. As much as I enjoy your work, you really need to take this critique and apply it to your work so your characters can be even better. Using Cable as a base is one thing, but making him have the exact same stance and animations is a bit too lazy

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 11:42:53 AM »
It's not about mmv or styles or anything, I read feedback and jot it all down
and make efforts to continue to update, there just is a major perception that every release needs to be perfected first go, it becomes clear when certain creators offer feedback that everyone likes to jump on the bandwagon and drum the dead horse, its all good though, I myself like to see what everyone has to offer, and offer my opinions too, just needs to be worthwhile feedback
for me to really take notice, sprites vs codes vs bugs, any issue is fine
but sometimes there's captain obvious, and that can be rhetoric

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 01:23:18 PM »
It's not about mmv or styles or anything

there just is a major perception that every release needs to be perfected first go, it becomes clear when certain creators offer feedback that everyone likes to jump on the bandwagon and drum the dead horse

and offer my opinions too, just needs to be worthwhile feedback

See what I mean? You was a cool guy, but you are getting over protective about feedback.
But I got your point. Relax, I won't bother you anymore with feedback. :)

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 02:38:26 PM »
ark, I think you taking things the wrong way man... I guess you got your style of doing things. but from what I seen in this hobby, when spriters and coders start doing things, the first works are so so but then as they keep doing more things, you can see how much they progress, it shows in their work and it don't have to be a character, it can be a stage, or just a sprite. spriters learn about shading, frankensprite, resizing, and animations. coders learn new tricks and ways to improve their codes, they don't keep doing the same thing they were doing when they first started and they say ok later ill go back and redo it. its like making the same mistake over and over. when people give critique you can either learn or just keep your way.

you mentioned electro as prebuild, no electro was my first character and the reason why I did him again was because I got better and knew I can make him much better and less Cyclops. you don't know how much effort I had to do to make sprites again after I already made him. I rather do things one time and move on. im doing a new cap bucky because of this too but you wont see me making another astonishing Cyclops unless is to make a smart pallete or something like that. releases don't need to be perfect like you said, yes you can improve on the characters but making many basics and other things after you already edit them, its just a waste of time when at first you could had just made those different in the first place.

I see you don't take feedback in a positive way and think that somebody is attacking you or something. I guess if you would had got the feedback I got when I first started, you would be fighting with many people.. I just listened and learned and thanks to that I can see how much I improved in my works.. look around you and take what you can from those that know and put it into your work and see how much you will improve your work.. look at guys like Oilu, he is crazy good with codes and great creator and if he got feedback, just listen... anyways this is my last time trying to say anything because I don't want to have you thinking that im trying to put my work above everybody else or anything like that. I try to help people and if im asked for help I don't mind helping...

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 03:35:33 PM »
im not taking anything the wrong way, you'd be surprised how well I do take on criticism, what you guys are doing is trying to prove your point in how much he looks like cable, and I agree, and again, I concur, and again you state how you've redone electro, and he is heaps better and less Cyclops, and again I agree, I even mentioned that to you to,
so you do understand how I work, what you want to see is work done first time perfect, and I don't agree, I work in revamps, just like you did with electro, I've revamped many of my previous works, and others also too

I love feedback, you seems to think that I feel threatened, that's not the case, I trying to tell you how I work, and that it differs to how you want me to work or simply how you work, I don't feel like your my elder that I must listen to your wisdom, I take feedback from heaps of creators and fans on both mmv and IMT, it's nice that you value uncle O, as an experienced creator, he is, but that doesn't mean what he says or what you say is the only way, it's advice, I can choose to listen, or I can do other things, in this case I've already wrote down the feedback, yet there's a continued effort to state and re-quote me to drive home your ideals, on what's best for me or mugen, I really don't even know where this is going

all in know is, I get you, all good

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal