collapse

Author Topic: Non-Canon Megaman Robot Masters  (Read 4624 times)

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 27, 2024, 09:49:23 PM
    • Email
Non-Canon Megaman Robot Masters
« on: May 31, 2012, 06:35:14 PM »
Is this topic good in this section? It's not exactly about RMM...

Okay, everyone. All you Megaman fans should know about the non-canon Robot Masters in the series. Like the robots from the PC Megaman games, Rockman Strategy, Super Adventure Rockman, and Rockman and Forte: Challenger From The Future.

Now, what if they were in Robot Master Mayhem? As playable characters, or perhaps in intros and stages. I noticed Shadowman's Level 3 has Komusoman in it, so maybe they can be featured in other hypers.

What do you all think? Playable characters, in hypers and intros, in stages, or not at all? I wanna hear your opinion!!  \-/o

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:March 25, 2024, 09:05:05 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Non-Canon Megaman Robot Masters
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:02:43 PM »
If someone sprites a full character from one of those games they could appear in a later version of Rmm after the inital release.  If a character isn't playable and works well in a intro, winpose, or hyper with another character I'm fine with it.   ;D

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 07:53:57 PM »
OOOH! Cool! I did a bit of research this weekend, and I thought it would be cool. Imagine the PC Robot Masters? They look terrible in the PC games, but they might look amazing if they were in RMM!

Offline waluigimaster

• Miscellaneous creation
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:December 24, 2012, 02:51:20 PM
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 01:15:29 PM »
I've actually had a recent idea of making Compassman as a mugen character, and maaayyybe making him suited to RMM. (I've actually thought of a few powersets that he could have)

Problem is, that's only if I can even start to get round to making even a few sprites for him. If I ever do however, then maybe I could try.

(Compassman is from Rockman and Forte 2: Challenger from the future)
(I'm really not used to having signatures to be honest)

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 12:19:06 PM »
I was thinking more about this, we need to stick to what games are capcom licensed.  For instance I actually own the two old PC Megaman games and those are not real capcom games unfortunately so we need to say away from those.  Those two pc games were so bad now that I'm thinking about them.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 12:46:12 PM »
I was thinking more about this, we need to stick to what games are capcom licensed.  For instance I actually own the two old PC Megaman games and those are not real capcom games unfortunately so we need to say away from those.  Those two pc games were so bad now that I'm thinking about them.

According to wikipedia they were offically licensed, but capcom wouldnt give input or even talk to them about the games.
And in the second pc game "Mega Man III" it looks like they just reused sprites form other games for the face ports of their robot masters atleast.
I havnt been able to find much about it online.
http://www.retrouprising.com/video-games/reviews/mega-man-i-iii-dos/t9256/  just that

Only the ones from the first of the pc mega man games seem to have some orignality atleast.

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 12:49:57 PM »
Oh, and since we are already at it: Does any of the fan-made Robot Masters have got a chance to appear in this game? They don't even need to be full characters, they just can appear in hypers, intros, outros or stages...
Also:
According to wikipedia they were offically licensed, but capcom wouldnt give input or even talk to them about the games.
And in the second pc game "Mega Man III" it looks like they just reused sprites form other games for the face ports of their robot masters.
At least the ones from the first of the pc mega man games seem to have some orignality.
^^(PM)^

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 11:59:10 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 01:08:28 PM »
Oh, and since we are already at it: Does any of the fan-made Robot Masters have got a chance to appear in this game? They don't even need to be full characters, they just can appear in hypers, intros, outros or stages...
Also: ^^(PM)^
WOW. i want to do crap man then.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 01:16:50 PM »
Also: ^^(PM)^

Nope, just Capcom robot masters.

And in the second pc game "Mega Man III" it looks like they just reused sprites form other games for the face ports of their robot masters atleast.
I havnt been able to find much about it online.
http://www.retrouprising.com/video-games/reviews/mega-man-i-iii-dos/t9256/  just that

Only the ones from the first of the pc mega man games seem to have some orignality atleast.

The Pc Megaman was kinda orginal but not really.  They just used sprites from the nes Megaman 1 - 3 and then changed them.  I remember Airman was used and changed up.  I know I have a copy of the 2 pc games somewhere, let me look around, it should be somewhere on this computer.

Offline MrAdam

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 03, 2020, 09:04:03 AM
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 02:05:19 PM »
I'm all about this, here check out this ancient picture of my own personal Robot Master: Pizza Man

Edited by SpiderMew to replace html with bbcode
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 02:30:16 PM by SpiderMew »

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:March 22, 2024, 09:24:48 AM
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 02:31:58 PM »
If there was someone from non-capcom game I wish it was Rokko-chan :-[ .  But if allowing her will be same as allowing stuff like Pizza Man above to appear I'd prefer to not have anything non-capcom. Though I don't know why even bother with searching some ultra-rare-mega-custom-robot-masters while there's mm1-10+mm&b+willy wars additional ones+gb ones and yet no Magic Man, or Terra, or Nitro Man, or my fav fire master - Burner Man for example... :-?? There're so many to choose from and they are so cool... I don't know why that custom non-canon, non-capcom stuff needed at all.
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 02:35:46 PM »
 8=| its been stated NO NON CANNON OR CRAPCOM works. no debating. the project been this way for years.

The question originally stated was about the PC. Those are cheap and reused masters. there non cannon too. MM and bass two was rejected in the pass so this should receive the same treatment. in my opinion.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 02:43:12 PM by Rage »

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 09:37:16 PM »
Let me clear everything up right now!!
.....Ahem.
Clearly, not everyone wants to see the non-canon bosses. Much talk is about the PC games (which were terrible) and about the second Megaman and Bass game. Now, I know Capcom licensed those games to alternate companies and hence shouldn't have exclusive rights to the characters. But seeing Komusoman in Shadowman's hyper got me thinking. On top of that, Capcom Fighting All-Stars has a stage from Challenger From The Future: Night at Symphony City.
Come on, people! Give these games some love, even if they are humiliated in intros or something. Let the Masters be represented in some way. Though they aren't Capcom's, to some extent they are. It can be really cool. With the amount of Masters from the classic series, plus the ones already in RMM, there's bound to be more than a hundred characters as long as Laspacho is willing to have them. This is Mugen, everyone! Don't hold back, just go crazy!! :) \-/o :thumbsup: >o:-( :w00t: ::salute::

Offline waluigimaster

• Miscellaneous creation
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:December 24, 2012, 02:51:20 PM
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2012, 09:03:08 AM »
Let me clear everything up right now!!
.....Ahem.
Clearly, not everyone wants to see the non-canon bosses. Much talk is about the PC games (which were terrible) and about the second Megaman and Bass game. Now, I know Capcom licensed those games to alternate companies and hence shouldn't have exclusive rights to the characters. But seeing Komusoman in Shadowman's hyper got me thinking. On top of that, Capcom Fighting All-Stars has a stage from Challenger From The Future: Night at Symphony City.
Come on, people! Give these games some love, even if they are humiliated in intros or something. Let the Masters be represented in some way. Though they aren't Capcom's, to some extent they are. It can be really cool. With the amount of Masters from the classic series, plus the ones already in RMM, there's bound to be more than a hundred characters as long as Laspacho is willing to have them. This is Mugen, everyone! Don't hold back, just go crazy!! :) \-/o :thumbsup: >o:-( :w00t: ::salute::
I support this. Not so much for the DOS RMs, cause yeah, they were pretty damn terrible, but the RM&F2 RMs did have quite a bit of originality and extra excitement going for them, especially compared to the DOS RMs. Sure they are really obscure, had limited battle AI and didn't have colour (probably all down to Wonderswan limitations), but in my eyes, they are underappreciated and should get at least some attention. Maybe not as a full character for RMM, but at least some sort of hyper assistant (like tornadoman as airman's hyper, if we allow any more) or there in a  stage background (Or we could even have one stage based on those robot masters in symphony city).
(I'm really not used to having signatures to be honest)

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2012, 02:29:12 PM »
I support this. Not so much for the DOS RMs, cause yeah, they were pretty damn terrible, but the RM&F2 RMs did have quite a bit of originality and extra excitement going for them, especially compared to the DOS RMs. Sure they are really obscure, had limited battle AI and didn't have colour (probably all down to Wonderswan limitations), but in my eyes, they are underappreciated and should get at least some attention. Maybe not as a full character for RMM, but at least some sort of hyper assistant (like tornadoman as airman's hyper, if we allow any more) or there in a  stage background (Or we could even have one stage based on those robot masters in symphony city).
I second that!

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »
The DOS games aren't terrible. They are BEYOND terrible! They shouldn't ever be mentioned again in any form!

Now, if you talk about other games like RM&F2, SAR, Rockman Strategy, which Capcom at least had a hand on them, I don't see a problem.

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 12:20:05 PM »
Now, if you talk about other games like RM&F2, SAR, Rockman Strategy, which Capcom at least had a hand on them, I don't see a problem.
Does it also counts for Megaman chars, that only appeared in the Archie Comics?

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 05:52:28 PM »
You guys are the best Megaman fans a guy could ask for!!!  ::salute::
About Archie... um...
No.
That's the reason why I stopped reading the comics. Like Sonic, they're introducing characters that don't exist.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 09:21:04 PM »
I just found my copies of Megaman PC and Megaman 3 PC...  Wish I didn't...  lol   >:D

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »
Does it also counts for Megaman chars, that only appeared in the Archie Comics?

They weren't made by Capcom, so no.

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 02:07:33 PM »
You guys are the best Megaman fans a guy could ask for!!!  ::salute::
About Archie... um...
No.
That's the reason why I stopped reading the comics. Like Sonic, they're introducing characters that don't exist.
Why do you have got something against video game comics, that introduce chars, that don't exist in the original game?
They weren't made by Capcom, so no.
As far, as I remember, the MegaMan comics were licensed by Capcom, so doesn't it technically make them automatically Capcom chars as well? At least, saying, that the comic-only chars from Archie's MegaMan comics are Capcom chars, is just about right like saying, that the RobotMasters from MM&B2 or even the DOS RobotMaster (*cough*crapdesign*cough*) are Capcom chars...

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 07:06:26 PM »
I just found my copies of Megaman PC and Megaman 3 PC...  Wish I didn't...  lol   >:D

I love you, Lasp. But I wish you didn't own those games.

Why do you have got something against video game comics, that introduce chars, that don't exist in the original game?As far, as I remember, the MegaMan comics were licensed by Capcom, so doesn't it technically make them automatically Capcom chars as well? At least, saying, that the comic-only chars from Archie's MegaMan comics are Capcom chars, is just about right like saying, that the RobotMasters from MM&B2 or even the DOS RobotMaster (*cough*crapdesign*cough*) are Capcom chars...

I don't have anything against them, I just prefer the classic characters that Capcom made. And technically, the MM&B2 characters are Capcom's as they worked with Bandai to make it. The PC characters were not made by Capcom as the games weren't.

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 08:47:37 AM »
I don't have anything against them, I just prefer the classic characters that Capcom made. And technically, the MM&B2 characters are Capcom's as they worked with Bandai to make it. The PC characters were not made by Capcom as the games weren't.
And how about RockMan Strategy?
If the robots from RockMan Strategy count as Capcom chars, then I seriously don't know why the MegaMan chars from the Archie comics doesn't, since RockMan Strategy is as much Capcom like the DOS MegaMen...

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 01:53:25 PM »
And how about RockMan Strategy?
If the robots from RockMan Strategy count as Capcom chars, then I seriously don't know why the MegaMan chars from the Archie comics doesn't, since RockMan Strategy is as much Capcom like the DOS MegaMen...
As cool as the Constellation Droids look, you're right. They don't count either.  \-/o Darn, it would have been cool to see them.

Well, the way I see it, the only games eligible are MM&B2 and SAR, but that could work.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 03:33:21 PM »
As cool as the Constellation Droids look, you're right. They don't count either.  \-/o Darn, it would have been cool to see them.

Well, the way I see it, the only games eligible are MM&B2 and SAR, but that could work.
Whats wrong with the main story games? really all this talk about this is ridiculous. MM&B2 was knocked a few years back cause its no cannon. which was stated above.  There are so many character so why default to broken or non cannon games?

I wish someone would lock this thread. This topic happened few years back and its LONG PAST ITS WELCOME. The rules are set for the project. Just like the standard rule of imt. if you want to be apart of this then then follow other wise peace.

if you want to do the characters  of those games then DO IT! You can always put them in your own game. All characters and screen pack will receive separate releases anyways.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista