collapse

Author Topic: Haggar Release (UMvC3 Update)  (Read 6842 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: Haggar Release (UMvC3 Update)
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 04:32:46 PM »
I like what you do did with Haggar with his moves and how you did the sprites. slick work as usual.
very cool release man  :Terry

Here are my lil opinions:

-I agree with EX also that hes a big dude and the hits should sound way more aggressive. He has way more weak sounds than heavy or medium. one good example is the Violent axe move i think its called. the 3 hit special? its hit sounds are way too soft. what you could have used for that final hit is that rugged loud hit from streets of rage 2 when that big warrior guy uppercuts the crap out of you lol

This final hit

maybe you can look into those SF4 sounds or SF X T hit sounds too :-??

-The hyper charge sounds can be better too imo. more umph on an epic level. i edited and ripped the UMVC3 hyper charge sound for myself. you can have it if you want^^

-As For his big beat down super i think you should have thrown your own spin in there and added in the Pipe for those last big hits instead of his bare hands. that could have been the high level super and the lower level super could have been the super beat down without the pipe being used.

Other than that i didnt spot a bug yet that stood out to me....

Best wishes with more progress with haggar man! :)
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline AlmeidinhaPaulista

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 12, 2020, 12:25:17 PM
    • Away2014
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 04:49:43 PM »
THANKS MAN, EXCELLENT!!!!

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2013, 06:42:43 PM »
Haggar uses the hit sounds found in the life bar's FX package. So what ever you have installed that is what you'll hear. As for the association of sounds to each attack, I'll take a closer look at some of the stronger attacks per suggestions above.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 07:55:50 PM »
Quote from: ~R@CE AKIR@~
So i tried this haggar out and it appears to still have that same problem with the throw. Sometimes p2 will just float off screen an won't come back.

The hitsounds are not good. Some heavy attacks some like they have light hit sounds.

This Haggar has some pretty good looking sprites though.

Quote from: Cybaster
Indeed, pretty good looking sprites.

- Some alignments are strange. On the standing basics, it's odd to see his front foot staying static while the back one moves. In real life, the natural way to move would be the contrary.
- On the down+Z aerial move, the pipe goes through the floor and you can see its shadow flying across the screen as it goes away.
- Not digging the big portrait and super portrait at all. They're too blurry.
- Some sprites look a little unfinished, such as the taunt animation, where some pants folds and other little details disappear.

Character has lots of potential with these sprites, but the overall gameplay is not my cup of tea.

Quote from: Revanto
Sprite-wise, it's actually quite decent. I agree that it could use some extra frames especially ease-in/ease-out frames for some of the moves. There could also have been some motion blur/ swishes to add to the impact of some of the moves. It also lacks some decent effects.

Overall, not a bad effort by the creator, though.

Rev.  ;P

Offline Bizarro_Toro

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 31, 2022, 09:12:44 AM
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2013, 08:47:25 PM »
 :)Nice job Acey congratulations for the release......thanks bro..... ^:)^

Offline Wiresparx

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 24, 2020, 12:43:56 AM
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2013, 11:30:36 PM »
lol this would be great in my bor mod, thanks happy xmas

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 03:06:41 PM
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2013, 12:56:46 AM »
I like what you do did with Haggar with his moves and how you did the sprites. slick work as usual.
very cool release man  :Terry

Here are my lil opinions:

-I agree with EX also that hes a big dude and the hits should sound way more aggressive. He has way more weak sounds than heavy or medium. one good example is the Violent axe move i think its called. the 3 hit special? its hit sounds are way too soft. what you could have used for that final hit is that rugged loud hit from streets of rage 2 when that big warrior guy uppercuts the crap out of you lol

This final hit

maybe you can look into those SF4 sounds or SF X T hit sounds too :-??

-The hyper charge sounds can be better too imo. more umph on an epic level. i edited and ripped the UMVC3 hyper charge sound for myself. you can have it if you want^^

-As For his big beat down super i think you should have thrown your own spin in there and added in the Pipe for those last big hits instead of his bare hands. that could have been the high level super and the lower level super could have been the super beat down without the pipe being used.

Other than that i didnt spot a bug yet that stood out to me....

Best wishes with more progress with haggar man! :)

I agree about the sounds. Acey and Zivitor make awesome sprites, ideas for attacks, intros, winning poses etc... but all there characters are weak when it comes to sound effects, which sux because the sound is what sells the player on what there looking at and can make even the most mundane attack seem Epic. Most people don't bother changing the screenpack sounds since 95%of the characters you download use sounds from the characters sound file. So I assume most people are hearing Kung Fu man sounds for Haggar which does not do this Rad character Justice.

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 03:33:50 PM »
nice update acey, this is a cool surprise and thank you for sharing man..

Offline Loganir

• Last Login:February 01, 2015, 05:23:04 PM
  • óia !!!!
    • www.loganir.blogspot.com
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2014, 01:55:33 PM »
I just get to test him now and really liked the sprite work you did for this new Haggar update, looks great. good job Acey!!! :)

There's this bug on his throws that happening everytime when I use him against my chars and a few
others, the opponent never gets out of the custom state.

I checked it and looks like you triggering a variable 4 on Haggar custom states?!?! ???
It's impossible playing on arcade mode because of this issue, any char in my roster using that variable will get stuck in the fight.

From Elecbyte's sctrls docs:
If you have placed P2 in a custom state through a successful hit, do not use variable assignment within the
custom states. Otherwise, you will overwrite P2's variables, which can cause unintended malfunction of the
opponent player.

;)

Offline Cyanide

• Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2014, 03:08:12 AM »
# Please use FBA:RR and the LUA scripts to take a look at capcom hitboxes. There are so many points in this where you restrict moves for no reason due to bad hitboxes or even apply them in such a manner that makes no sense. Look at anim 226. None of the red in that makes sense. I can pretty much tell autoclsn has been used and although i'm sure it makes things faster, it also makes clsn's more difficult to work with especially in terms of zoning and priority
# Back dash has a single frame with no clsn's at all
# DP+MP doesn't hit anything
# QCB+K No impact on hit. No noticeable leap animation, he just suddenly flies a VERY long way across the screen. I would half the distance, afterall it's a throw, not zoning.
# QCB+PP You hit... as the super pause ends? Or even before it does? I didn't notice any movement from P2 when holding back. Most throw supers although they give you almost no window to escape, also don't hit you dead on the end of the super pause. Also still using default FX and needs a hit animation.
# 1200 life?
# pipe (heh heh, hashpipe) When it flies off, it goes through the floor and a shadow flies up the screen. Also, it can only fly off once. If pipe is used a second time, no explod.
# an unblockable throw should not cause stun. Because it's too easy to hit that, then hit a super.
# completely invulnerable after c.HK
# super jump only works with forward pressed. Back and neutral are non functional. Change to statetype != A in template
# j.LP and j.MK deal the same amount of damage
# HP throw overrides the command for dp+HP I can't do it unless p2 is miles away, or dizzy. Otherwise i get that instead. I realise the dp+HP would be useless in this situation, but it should still come out.
# a+b is lariat? Weird. Probably intentional, but still weird as x+a is dash, i can't find quick key superjump at all. I would have thought the 2 button commands would share the same styling.

Offline Swagga Kings

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 30, 2019, 07:53:02 PM
    • Youtube.com
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 02:57:47 PM »
I want to say I really enjoy the new update Haggar the sprite and the way its design is really good, but I also have a few suggestions I wanna put out. As I was playing with him in my mugen I can not tell you its really playable im able to pull off combos and moves with know problem  :thumbsup:, but what I want to say that his standing jab attack could use more reach as well as the rest of his attacks like in Marvel vs Capcom 3 the pipe attack is excellent know need to fix that :thumbsup:, I would say too that his animations and frames still needs some more work along with his sounds effects when he attacks the opponent witch could sound like hit hurts the opponent since he is a big guy. And also Haggar can use the spinning air throw he had in Marvel 3 as well other then that the update is good imma continue to use Haggar hopefully we get to see another update for him :)

Have a nice day  :thumbsup:

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 05:45:08 PM »
I just get to test him now and really liked the sprite work you did for this new Haggar update, looks great. good job Acey!!! :)

There's this bug on his throws that happening everytime when I use him against my chars and a few
others, the opponent never gets out of the custom state.

I checked it and looks like you triggering a variable 4 on Haggar custom states?!?! ???
It's impossible playing on arcade mode because of this issue, any char in my roster using that variable will get stuck in the fight.

From Elecbyte's sctrls docs:
If you have placed P2 in a custom state through a successful hit, do not use variable assignment within the
custom states. Otherwise, you will overwrite P2's variables, which can cause unintended malfunction of the
opponent player.

;)

Yeah, that shouldn't be there, which throw was it?

# Please use FBA:RR and the LUA scripts to take a look at capcom hitboxes. There are so many points in this where you restrict moves for no reason due to bad hitboxes or even apply them in such a manner that makes no sense. Look at anim 226. None of the red in that makes sense. I can pretty much tell autoclsn has been used and although i'm sure it makes things faster, it also makes clsn's more difficult to work with especially in terms of zoning and priority

I'll get to the rest of the list eventually but for #1, I'm not sure what your talking about. There are no auto clsn here. So here are the hit boxes from UMvC3 for anim 226:

Which match what I did with the character. Did I misunderstand what you were saying here?

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 18, 2024, 05:17:15 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2014, 05:57:44 PM »
I believe Cyanide is talking about something like this Acey...

http://combovid.com/?p=3156
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Cyanide

• Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2014, 08:06:12 PM »
Indeed, you're working with 2D sprites, not the rather smoother motion of 3D. You need to show movement and preferably, not leave gaps between clsn's where there is motion involved.

In addition, When you realise that standing gethits in 2D use the same clsn's as standing up. Crouching uses the same as crouching and Jumping should be a single box that basically fits all frames of the jump and is also exactly the same in falling gethits, making gethit clsn's becomes FAR easier as you can copy paste clsn2defaults across them all, you also get better comboing as the boxes don't change position weirdly. Basically, if there is a simple box to hit, you will hit it, then hit it again, rather than potentially miss because the opponent has decided to have an accurately clsn'ed bent over backwards sprite causing your simple punch to miss mangling a combo that hits in game.

Capcom aren't the greatest for clsn's, but they do actually make it really easy for basic movement and gethits.

Offline Loganir

• Last Login:February 01, 2015, 05:23:04 PM
  • óia !!!!
    • www.loganir.blogspot.com
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2014, 10:27:32 PM »
Yeah, that shouldn't be there, which throw was it?
better, check Haggar's custom Statedef 1135

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2014, 06:22:37 AM »
Capcom aren't the greatest for clsn's
Yeah, we can clearly see here:

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2014, 02:16:17 PM »
better, check Haggar's custom Statedef 1135

Thanks all for the time to take a closer look at the character. I'll be making all of these updates.

Offline steveov

• Last Login:May 07, 2014, 04:39:23 PM
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2014, 12:02:34 PM »
can u stop add background on all your chars while doing hyper they less beautiful with

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2014, 12:32:04 PM »
can u stop add background on all your chars while doing hyper they less beautiful with
Do you mean you want him to remove the hyper backgrounds? Most MvC characters usually have those

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2014, 02:17:31 PM »
# DP+MP doesn't hit anything

DP+MP hit guarding opponents only.

# an unblockable throw should not cause stun. Because it's too easy to hit that, then hit a super.

Good point, now what to do about it, perhaps I'll add to the hit deterioration for attacks following the throw stun.

# super jump only works with forward pressed. Back and neutral are non functional. Change to statetype != A in template

I can't seem to recreate this, Super Jump and after launcher all seem to work fine.

# j.LP and j.MK deal the same amount of damage

Kicks do less damage with Haggar than punches.

# HP throw overrides the command for dp+HP I can't do it unless p2 is miles away, or dizzy. Otherwise i get that instead. I realise the dp+HP would be useless in this situation, but it should still come out.

I can't seem to recreate this either, neither while the opponent is on the ground nor in the air.

# a+b is lariat? Weird. Probably intentional, but still weird as x+a is dash, i can't find quick key superjump at all. I would have thought the 2 button commands would share the same styling.

2 punches is Guard Push so I used 2 kicks for Lariat. There is no quick key for super jump (just like UMvC3) but if anyone thinks they would use MK+MP as a super jump I have no problem adding it in.

Thanks for taking the time to test it all out!

Offline Cyanide

• Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2014, 04:39:22 AM »
I don't know how you're doing superjump then. When i do a quick DU without holding forwards nothing happens pretty reliably. Holding forwards is fine. Holding back is about the same, i need to do a weird D, BU combination for that one to work. And even then it's a bit hit or miss.

Walk in close. Do command. You get a normal throw most of the time. You might get the leaping throw if p2 is in a hitstate or you're far enough away that regular throw doesn't trigger.

Offline hudson

• Last Login:March 07, 2014, 12:44:42 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 10:14:45 AM »
como baixar umvsc3 mugen

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal