collapse

Author Topic: Killer Instinct Returns  (Read 11675 times)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 01, 2024, 11:02:34 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Killer Instinct Returns
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 10:59:31 AM »
I bet there will be a KI vs MK soon.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 01:02:27 PM »
I'll just make my statement once then back off...

To completely date myself, I was 14 in 1994. My friends and I were grinding Super Street Fighter II (The third update to the console), MKII and Art of Fighting. There were other games out like TMNT Tournament Fighters, Clay Fighter, Killer Instinct, and these "other" games had nothing on the first three. I think Killer Instinct was the worst of them all. At least Clay Fighter was a parody.

When I say worst I don't mean the game sucked, I just mean that the graphics were the least good (the SNES port looked horrible), the game play was the least good and it just seemed like a copycat game that had many mechanical issues. One reviewer appropriately called it the "bastard child of SF and MK". KI fell by the wayside in my game pile.

Now the new version just announced, it doesn't look good to me either. I'm disappointed in the graphics already. If you compare a close up shot of KI to a close up shot of SFIV (2008) you see that the developers of KI are not concerned about details. Or maybe it's just stylistic or maybe it's just an unfinished product, but for me, the entire presentation looks dark and messy. Especially when compared to the bright fighters of Capcom. Also considering that this will be a 2d fighter with 3d models we can already guess that the netcode will be seriously lacking. The games that get the closest to a good net code appears to be the 2d fighters with 2d sprites so when I see a new development group making a 2d/3d fighter, I absolutely have nothing but the lowest expectations for the online gameplay.  I tend to buy most fighting games, and if this one was on any other system then Xbox One then I would seriously consider picking it up but right now it's as low on my priority list as just about any game could get.

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 02:30:44 PM »
So, will you have to pay for the game and then for the entire roster? Or is this a somewhat cryptic way of saying a good portion of the game will be in a demo format with Jago only playable and then be fully playable once you pay?

To be honest I'm not quiet sure but from what I read is the the game itself is free for download and Jago is the only character that comes with that free download and then the rest of the cast you will have to pay for. This seems like a good idea to me depending on a couple of factors

1. Cost of characters is low.

2. You get to pick and choose what characters you want individually and in character packs(like how Forza does with it's DLC)

3. We get all features and stages from the start on the free download.

If those 3 things are met then that would be a great selling point for this game because lets say a character pack has atleast 5 characters in it and is 5 bucks, if you only spend 10 dollars on the game and still get the full features that's not bad.

my new one

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 06:40:53 PM »
lets say a character pack has atleast 5 characters in it and is 5 bucks
That is HIGHLY unlikely.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 01:44:24 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 07:12:18 PM »
If it's KI1 combo style it could be fun.  KI2 combo style was a different system that I didn't care for.  I dunno is it just me or does the game look like it's a few years old graphically?

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 07:32:57 PM »
I dunno is it just me or does the game look like it's a few years old graphically?

Nope it isnt just you. im happy the game is here since i was a KI fan. but im not impressed by the graphics and i dont get why they let this game wait until XBOX ONE. the graphics look like the SF4 engine......i dont see why 360 wouldnt be able to do that (which it could)...i guess since they know a lot of folks are annoyed by the systems (xbox one) bad traits of enjoyment they figured spitting that out would make a difference....

thats retarded if thats the case because they would have made money on 360 even after INJUSTICE which has damn good graphics.....

The game looks fun but impressive in graphics for the next gen console? hell no not even close
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Jmaxximus

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 02, 2022, 03:04:27 PM
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 07:38:33 PM »
I totally agree I think this game was made about 2 years ago. But since the Xbox One wsa coming out and they knew it was in high demand Microsoft probably told them to wait and release it on the 360.

I think it was a bad idea. I looks like it should just make it for both systems.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013, 07:44:58 PM »
Microsoft probably told them to wait and release it on the 360.

lol you mean xbox one?

but yeh it was a total bad idea to hold this game for xbox one.....putting out on 360 a bit after Injustice would have been better

But you know what? i see this as a big @ss sloppy screw up and they just may make a version for 360 later. 360 and ps3 isnt going to expire that quick so i think it would be a smart idea if they make this game for 360. It will never see sony unless a 3rd party buys the rights to killer instinct. microsoft totally took over so hell no PS3 or PS4 will never get it unless something changes

HAIL CROM!!

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 09:54:19 AM
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2013, 07:54:11 PM »
I bet there will be a KI vs MK soon.
that idea will so work lol

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2013, 07:58:24 PM »
Microsoft announced that Killer Instinct for Xbox One will be a launch title that is free-to-play, with one playable character Jago. The rest of the cast, including Saberwulf will be available for in-game purchase.

*record scratch*

wait....what? :(|)

:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

microsoft...wtf are yall doing?? o.O# smdh

I think they been sippin and sniffin sh*t of the same crap at that same parties capcom crapcom been going to over recent years^^
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 08:04:31 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2013, 09:33:22 PM »

*record scratch*

wait....what? :(|)

:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

microsoft...wtf are yall doing?? o.O# smdh

I think they been sippin and sniffin sh*t of the same crap at that same parties capcom crapcom been going to over recent years^^

they........trying.......to........do.........what?  i had to reread that quote you made 3 times so it could soak in cause i am just.....flat out in DUHHHH confusion mode on that.  /:O /:O Microsoft?   That doesnt even make sense in any way. Business wise its them trying to make you buy the whole game...which is a retarded selling move ever thought of. o.O# . So basically selling me a free to play with just Jago .....why that sounds like a paid demo to me /:O.  I aint paying for a stinking demo!  This system and way they trying to sell the games and themselves.....i think i will be keeping my 360 for a long time cause developers are not gonna make any money like this with xbox one. [-X Microsoft!

Offline Twinimage

• Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 02:52:53 PM »
For more gameplay and more details on the game:

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/killer-instinct-6409830/

So from the video they are saying you can buy the whole game like normal OR get a free demo with Jago and full single player and other modes available. The demo you can pick and choose what you want and purchase those elements.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 01:44:24 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 05:53:06 PM »
Hopefully I'll get to play it one day, that video at least gave it some hope.  I will say after 20 years? it's cool to hear that announcer again.

Offline Dragon of Courage

• Longtime M.U.G.E.N. Enthusiast
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:April 07, 2020, 07:12:21 PM
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 09:16:58 PM »
Add the "NO MERCY!" and "ULTIMATE MOVES" as well as the stage finishers:

All the finishers from Killer Instinct 1:

The stage finishers from the same game:

And now the finishers from Killer Instinct 2:

Scream "NO, NOOOOOOOO!" with these stage finishers:

By the way: ULTRAAAAA COMBOOOOOOOOOO!

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2013, 10:53:06 PM »
I was wondering exactly how the graphics may look from the demo shown at E3, so I did an image search. It looks pretty good. Honestly, I'm not the best judge on what's considered good or not. I do question if that's really the best they can do, for a launch title for the next-gen console. But oh well. Looking forward to see how the end product turns out.

http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/killerinstinctone-jagosabrewulf-1.png

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/10/new-killer-instinct-coming-exclusively-to-xbox-one.aspx
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:00:49 PM by Twinimage »

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 11:03:51 AM »

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2013, 01:41:34 PM »
Found this page, offers a ton of info about the game as well as a lot of gameplay footage. Includes a glimpse at the select screen and different color/palettes of Jago and Sabrewulf.

http://www.heavy.com/games/2013/06/killer-instinct-xbox-one-fighting-games/

I hope to see Orchid, Tusk and Spinal return. Maybe T.J. Combo and Kim Wu if they get a good modern update. The rest of the characters are kind of forgettable. I'm not sure if we'll see Fulgore or not. He's a VERY 90's-esque character. He would also need a modern update.

Don't really mind if they don't have fatalities. That's MK's thing. Rather see them focus on Ultra Combos instead.

Looks like they've really made gameplay much better than the original. The original was more about the cool visuals, not the gameplay. Original was really clunky and hard to get a hold on. Really looking forward to this game, even if it isn't coming to 360. :P

Offline Cayne

• Cayne
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:July 01, 2017, 08:25:55 PM
  • 1/2 of Focus2Factz
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2013, 06:32:20 PM »
The always connect requirement for the next gen is a real burden in my opinion, but I can't wait for the next KI. So many bets hahahahahaha :Terry
We go beast on the mugen streets. Check out our freestyle sessions: Betray Cain@youtube.com

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2013, 09:28:32 AM »
Hey guys, been a while since I've posted some news. KI was at EVO this weekend. For those who didn't watch it, here's a new trailer showcasing Glacius and a quick teaser of the next character reveal. May post more videos from EVO and more Glacius gameplay.

I think Glacius looks cool. It will take some time to think of him as Glacius though, seeing how different he looks. I'm a bit disappointed by the new character reveal. I think their choice of character is ambitious, however I was just hoping to actually see his design. IMO, Chief Thunder is one of the least crowd favorites from KI, so I'm interested to see how they will change him to be more likeable and not such a ridiculous stereotype.

The teaser actually makes me wonder if they have the character's model finished yet or not. Makes me wonder just how much do they have done at this point and how much will they have finished by November?
My gut kind of tells me there's more done than there appears to be, then again, I suspect maybe there isn't? Either way, I'm sure they'll get it all done in time. Looking forward to seeing more revealed! :)

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2013, 09:41:16 AM »
Double post! :P

BTW, can't remember if this was brought up, but apparently three other characters will be returning.
This news is actually kind of old, but I don't think I mentioned it.

http://shoryuken.com/2013/06/12/fulgore-spinal-and-cinder-set-to-return-in-killer-instinct-developers-looking-to-include-more-female-characters/

Glad to hear Fulgore and Spinal return. I don't remember Cinder much, but that's cool that he's returning too. Now all we need is Orchid to return.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:47:38 AM by Twinimage »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2013, 01:43:55 PM »
Now all we need is Orchid to return.

=P~ OHHHH YESSSSSSSS she better come back! \-/o...plus some other females too. I like that other KI babe Maya too.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2013, 09:29:13 PM »
Double Helix says they want to have more female characters. Orchid is kind of a fan favorite of the series, like Chun-li is in SF. She is most likely going to appear. Wonder how they'll interpret her?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2013, 10:03:04 PM »
you mean like about her outfit? it better be same or look even better! =P~ =P~ lol

but seriously yeah i wondfer how she gonna actually look now being brought to the new gen scene and up to date looks in graphics.  They better not ruin it i know that! \-/o

but yo i think either they bring in a couple brand new females ( along with Black orchid)  and as well bring back Maya. =P~

Offline Dragon of Courage

• Longtime M.U.G.E.N. Enthusiast
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:April 07, 2020, 07:12:21 PM
  • The Dragon is Here!
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2013, 10:05:18 PM »
SAMMAMISH!!!

I hope Chief Thunder will be finally shown in the Comic-Con!

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2013, 10:09:32 PM »
you mean like about her outfit? it better be same or look even better!........
......bring back Maya. =P~

Ya, her outfit, hair, overall appearance. They seem to do their own take of each character, so I just wonder how they'll handle the female characters. Will they be like SF females or will they be more like MK females? There's kind of a difference.

Not sure if Maya will return, wasn't she from the past? If this takes place in the future, Maya (as well as Tusk) would have to time travel.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal