collapse

Author Topic: Has M.U.G.E.N. gotten stale  (Read 1168 times)

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
Has M.U.G.E.N. gotten stale
« on: March 28, 2011, 04:30:16 AM »
It seems as though it has. between all the drama from the last couple years and the lack of interesting/exciting characters, stages, sp's anything, its just seem so boring now. The shock and awe of first downloading mugen/joining a forum has just disappeared. idk if anyone else feels this way

You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster

Offline ORDERSOL

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 24, 2021, 09:34:21 PM
    • Email
Re: Has M.U.G.E.N. gotten stale
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 06:25:01 AM »
i was noticing that too..!

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 06:52:10 AM »
I think otherwise. Mystique, Dante and a few other chars were pretty darn exciting and everyone still swarms when EX releases a new stage. It might just seem a little lower key at the moment.

Offline D.Magician(Ky)

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 16, 2017, 01:27:54 PM
  • Ruffler Of Jammies
    • My MUGEN Site
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 08:40:11 AM »
well it would be "more" fun if it werent for certain people at certain forums telling us "dont use that character by that author" "that character is broken, that character is cheap" these are the main reason's why people quit MUGEN. if its not with the characters its with the music, if you even dare use unfitting music their all over you. I think they should get off our backs and worry about theirs.

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 20, 2011, 01:20:57 AM
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 09:46:09 AM »
well it would be "more" fun if it werent for certain people at certain forums telling us "dont use that character by that author" "that character is broken, that character is cheap" these are the main reason's why people quit MUGEN. if its not with the characters its with the music, if you even dare use unfitting music their all over you. I think they should get off our backs and worry about theirs.
Yeah, somehow we hardly ever see broken characters lately (maybe it's just me lol).  I like some of them; they can be funny.  :DxDie

the lack of interesting/exciting characters, stages, sp's anything, its just seem so boring now.
Actually, I enjoy mugen lately.  There are mugen creators like あまりもの (I copied and pasted his name).  I like his JoJo characters.  Project X team released X-Men: Second Coming, and I like the mugen game.  And Demonkai released Awakened Terry, and his Terry is Bad @$$!!!  Fatal Fury fans approve his character!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks to Demonkai.  I got this MMPR photo.
I didn't know your name was :D. That's an interesting name.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 10:48:09 AM »
Mugen doesn't get stale, only an individual's interest. Most people can only play one game for so long without getting tired of it.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 11:20:22 AM »
It seems as though it has. between all the drama from the last couple years and the lack of interesting/exciting characters, stages, sp's anything, its just seem so boring now. The shock and awe of first downloading mugen/joining a forum has just disappeared. idk if anyone else feels this way

If its true, I do prefer this way.

Don't put on the same bag people interessed and just leechers.

I can say: this is normal. Mugen comes and go...since 1999

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 11:51:38 AM »
I have a feeling a lot of people are gonna get back to MUGEN if Buyog is correct about his blog post

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 10:32:37 AM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 03:34:58 PM »

Don't bring that up, you know how they get when ya mention something like this  :D
(click to show/hide)

So its gotten boring...well, all people need to do is just shut up about broken piles of garbage and just find a way to enjoy it with whatever ya got...thats all *walks out*
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 04:48:04 PM »
When good games come up, Mugen slows down. That's just how it is. Watch, when Skullgirls come out, Mugen will slow down again.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 04:56:30 PM »
Hmmmmm has mugen gotten stale? good quesion. Acey said a very well put answer to that as well.  I myself at one time thought mugen was getting stale...but it wasnt because of Mugen itself, my personal interest in characters got stale. no one was making the kind of characters i really wanted to enjoy for longevity. Me being an anime fan i sought out after anime characters but i was dissappointed most the time. the only one i liked was kof hakufu. there has been some others that came out that are ok but not what i wanted personally. so i figured well make my own friggin Anime game Lando!!!  :D

if your a marvel fan , there are piles of them , may not be the whole marvel lineup but usual suspects as many years of em in different version but here are some real gems. same with capcom and snk and others. they are there but its if it holds your interest long enuff to keep playing.

i think with the recent "Mugen recession" we were going through its starting to get really interesting. you have many new and different projects coming about. Project x X men coming, Mr. Mugen (aka Infinite) full game project,  Nestors Capcom All Stars project, O Illustionista projects, Fuu's project ( Kirby) Megaman project , Demonkai's Awakened Terry, my Anime battle Royal project, CVG projects , the artists, videographers, music composers, sound peeps, fx makers, its all there and there are new people coming around here and there . I personally think Mugen is gonna get interesting even moreso cause so people are taking more risks and not tryiong to keep doing same ole same ole all the time. Out the box thinking and creating stuff thats FUN and not have to be specific accurate. So in a sense fellow homie DCL muge has had a stale point ( i call it a mugen recession lol ) but i truly think it will turn around as long as the people who wanna play mugen games and characters stay interested themselves. :thumbsup:

Hail CROM ::salute::

I dont sleep...I wait! - Charlie Sheen.

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 05:15:21 PM »
yes mugen is now sour

too bad bex never finished his game or it wouldnt be so sour
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 05:21:44 PM »
When good games come up, Mugen slows down. That's just how it is. Watch, when Skullgirls come out, Mugen will slow down again.

i plan on getting skulgirls as well. lol. plus mvc3 has people zoned in on they nets. GLux bro, yet another good answer for the mugen recession. lol now imagine what happens when sf vs tekken, mortal kombat 9, duke nukem game , asuras wrath and some others come out.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 06:18:57 PM »
I think that is true, and also false. While a new game may momentarily 'slow' MUGEN it also inspires a whole new set of things, chars, stages, screenpacks, sounds, and everything else that put us into the MUGEN seat in the first place. Look at how many people are already WIPing MvC3 projects like stages and characters.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 06:44:20 PM »
 ^^(PM)^ seems everyone is giving good answers and very hard to anyone to truly debate any of them cause they are all right in respects. :thumbsup:

is good to be on the same page these days with so much and so little going on at the same time.  ::salute::

Offline Slivern

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 05:51:39 PM
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 06:51:39 PM »
I don't like the fact that there were too many clones of really known characters like Ryu, Ken, Gouki, Kyo, Iori, Terry, and many others. I'm not as much of a MUGEN fan as I was because I saw too many clones.

On the other hand, Amarimono's JOJO characters keep my interest alive; gotta love Series 5 and 1.

And not to mention that I now have an SNK Leon Scott Kennedy, a MUGEN character long awaited. He's great so far, but I just can't combo with him, so he needs to be updated.

I think the reason why I still like MUGEN is because of the MUGEN characters and not the stages. And I think I didn't go on too often due to the lack of stages as well. I play MUGEN but only on the Mountainside temple and the training room.

...I'm isolationist, am I?

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 07:11:15 PM »
I don't like the fact that there were too many clones of really known characters like Ryu, Ken, Gouki, Kyo, Iori, Terry, and many others. I'm not as much of a MUGEN fan as I was because I saw too many clones.

This is he very same reason for me as well when i fell off from mugen for almost a year of not really downloading or playing it as hardcore as i did 5 years ago or so. It was fresh to me back then like buying a brand new pair of Air Force 1 nikes and opening the box when ya go home and was gonna put them on. lol  the feel and the freshness of it was tremendous and so appealing. But yes sadly, after 20 versions of ryu and ken and so many clones of clones and god level beyond xtreme nightmare characters , i got bored. Plus what i wanted wasnt seeming to get made, maybe it didnt have a place in mugen as i saw so many company stock rips used over and over but here and there there was lil gems i would pick up among the vast sea of betas, clones, kinda company accurate characters, and unfinished works. It wasnt till i came across V-Nix artworks in anime that i felt more intuned that what i liked someone was doing and was and is a genius at i. then came Demonkai's Awakened Terry, that right there i found what i liked in a company character taken to another dimension but still had the things i loved most about terry and just heighted to the max. Now wih Mr infinite characers and game , he has restored my hopes and dreams that mugen can be even better then the company stuff and clonage in mugen. Project X made great revisions to characters and i love the juggernaut. even tho i was already in the process of ABR by the time infinite characters came about and project x dropped theirs , they have all lifted my spirits in believing in mugen again and the inspiration has grown even more and i knew that making my own different characters and project should be a good thing. so hopefully this mugen recession will fuel up with the new things coming out from mugen creators and staffs.

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 07:35:33 PM »

I've seen a real lack of new releases grow since MvC3 came out, and I should know, I post news at CVG. I frequently browse all the forums searching for new releases throughout the week, but since the game came out, I have noticed the impact.  :|

Anyway, I think it is just a phase and it people will come back to do even better releases because of that game and many other like Skull Girls and the new Mortal Kombat, so I think it's all good...  :cool

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 10:44:45 AM »
The only thing I hope now that, with the advent of 1.0, someone starts making REAL GOOD BlazBlue chars (as good as Muteki's Guilty Gear characters).

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 12:03:15 PM »

I've seen a real lack of new releases grow since MvC3 came out, and I should know, I post news at CVG. I frequently browse all the forums searching for new releases throughout the week, but since the game came out, I have noticed the impact.  :|

Anyway, I think it is just a phase and it people will come back to do even better releases because of that game and many other like Skull Girls and the new Mortal Kombat, so I think it's all good...  :cool

The Spring is always slow, it hardly ever has much action.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2011, 12:44:58 PM »
Yeah theres various lulls in releases. When school gets back in around August it gets quiet until Halloween too. It's all pretty normal/ I tend to start new characters 1st of year. I am into 4 characters right now from ground up, not counting re-vamps.

Again I think it has to do with how fun your arcade mode is.

I still saw tons of people playing MVC2 on X-Box online 4 months ago and many Mugen characters are superior to that.

If you flood your Mugen with alphas, and characters way out of balance, God-Characters, and palette swaps your going to have a crappy experience that might be fun in certain moods, but it's not going to make thing fun long term. If you keep a balanced roster, and introduce a new character that works to me it's like starting over, and trying to find a new way to beat your roster. Keeps it fresh in my opinion.3

Just look at Youtube, and the way people show off their select screens. Theres always a ton of broken crap, and novelties in their roster. If my rig was set up that way, I'd get bored too.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 03:40:51 PM »
...If you flood your Mugen with alphas, and characters way out of balance, God-Characters, and palette swaps your going to have a crappy experience that might be fun in certain moods, but it's not going to make thing fun long term. If you keep a balanced roster, and introduce a new character that works to me it's like starting over, and trying to find a new way to beat your roster. Keeps it fresh in my opinion.3

Just look at Youtube, and the way people show off their select screens. Theres always a ton of broken crap, and novelties in their roster. If my rig was set up that way, I'd get bored too.

this
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline R.I.C.O - Twon

• I llu M ina T i
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:August 25, 2013, 10:18:26 PM
  • WHOOP R.I.C.O!!!
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 03:55:44 PM »
I vote yes.
OMGZ My e-feelings!!! (cheekslap)

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 03:51:06 AM »
The Spring is always slow, it hardly ever has much action.

I never noticed that before...  :-??

Yeah theres various lulls in releases. When school gets back in around August it gets quiet until Halloween too. It's all pretty normal/ I tend to start new characters 1st of year. I am into 4 characters right now from ground up, not counting re-vamps.

Again I think it has to do with how fun your arcade mode is.

I still saw tons of people playing MVC2 on X-Box online 4 months ago and many Mugen characters are superior to that.

If you flood your Mugen with alphas, and characters way out of balance, God-Characters, and palette swaps your going to have a crappy experience that might be fun in certain moods, but it's not going to make thing fun long term. If you keep a balanced roster, and introduce a new character that works to me it's like starting over, and trying to find a new way to beat your roster. Keeps it fresh in my opinion.3

^^(PM)^

Offline Slivern

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 05:51:39 PM
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 10:32:35 PM »
That is definitely a good post. It's why I decided to make my roster KOF for balance. Otherwise, I'd expect myself to be disappointed by the number of losses I take from SF MUGEN characters, especially the Gods LOL.

The problem I have though sometimes is that there are some cases where creators take their cmd files a bit too far. To be specific, having to fight against a MUGEN character with advanced combos encoded makes the experience rather frustrating. I wish MUGEN creators these days were considerate enough to fight against their own creations and determine what needs to be improved upon those creations.

But that doesn't mean I'm disrespecting the creators here at IMT; here in IMT, MUGEN characters are First-Class and are worth downloading, so props to you guys for being more passionate than any other community, which is why I made the decision to stay here in this MUGEN forum and this MUGEN forum ONLY.

There's nowhere left for me to go as far as MUGEN goes.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[Today at 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar