Quints Shield keep, discard or remodel

Keep
21 (80.8%)
Discard
1 (3.8%)
Remodel (With coding)
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Quint - Infinity - Megaman Team WIP  (Read 39499 times)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 03:11:36 AM
  • The trend setter
Re: Quint - Infinity - Megaman Team WIP
« Reply #300 on: August 15, 2011, 07:57:35 AM »
amazing kick =P~

thank you. IDK how that would turn out. i just wanted something different from the other RM. Its funny what Quint turned into. IDK how he got like this. he was originally planned to be a pallet swap of megs. Atfer the last kick the rest of the basic should be easy cause they are pallet swaps.

Anyhow anyone now where i can find good sprites of garbage?

Post Merge: August 15, 2011, 12:40:03 PM
just realized how stupid i am. im using photoshop at about 25% power. Quint maybe released sooner then i thought cause now im using 100% power. i call myself a professional and such made such a rookie mistake.  o.O# im the dumbest smart person.

anyhow quints spriting process has been sped up ten fold due to this discovery. ( Whats this mean for my other wip  ;) )
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:40:03 PM by Rage »

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Shadic54

• The ultimate life form!
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 25, 2020, 02:41:33 AM
  • Being attacked by zombies!
« Reply #301 on: August 15, 2011, 01:02:17 PM »
I cant take all the credit. ive had a few members help with Quint. Ive recieved so much advice on him form fellow members. Ive been inspired by so much of the other wip around this forum.

thank you
Mmmm you gave me something to think about. :)

Tried to rework the med kick cause another Robot master has a similar kick.  #:-S does it appear choppy.

doing good so far  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  XD||
God bless America!

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #302 on: August 15, 2011, 04:54:24 PM »
just realized how stupid i am. im using photoshop at about 25% power. Quint maybe released sooner then i thought cause now im using 100% power. i call myself a professional and such made such a rookie mistake.  o.O# im the dumbest smart person.

anyhow quints spriting process has been sped up ten fold due to this discovery. ( Whats this mean for my other wip  ;) )

Are you s***ing me? You're that far in and working at only 1/4 your ability?!
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #303 on: August 15, 2011, 06:08:40 PM »
Are you s***ing me? You're that far in and working at only 1/4 your ability?!
what do you mean? I think quint should be farther along. It sucks cause the answer was right in front of me.....

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #304 on: August 15, 2011, 06:45:16 PM »
what do you mean? I think quint should be farther along. It sucks cause the answer was right in front of me.....

What I mean is you're working at about 1/4 of your ability.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #305 on: August 15, 2011, 08:27:19 PM »
Yeah. If I mass coloring the mega sprites be for I edit. it will cut down the time spent editing, eliminate coloring , and reduce the time it take to test out the animation. It will cut my work load ten fold. I was dumb for not noticing it sooner.

Is that hard to believe, strange or something?

Anyway I should have a decent amount of work to show this week. knock on woodman. ;*))

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #306 on: August 15, 2011, 09:09:16 PM »
Yeah. If I mass coloring the mega sprites be for I edit. it will cut down the time spent editing, eliminate coloring , and reduce the time it take to test out the animation. It will cut my work load ten fold. I was dumb for not noticing it sooner.

Is that hard to believe, strange or something?

Anyway I should have a decent amount of work to show this week. knock on woodman. ;*))

I mean, you seemed to work rather well as it was, but now you can go even faster, like "blow out of the water" faster?
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #307 on: August 15, 2011, 10:11:22 PM »
I mean, you seemed to work rather well as it was, but now you can go even faster, like "blow out of the water" faster?
lol well if you wanna call it that. I guess I'm just used to the work flow for my  job and freelance.  :-??

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 05, 2024, 10:10:25 AM
    • Email
« Reply #308 on: August 16, 2011, 02:37:01 PM »
Don't worry about it. At least you have Photoshop. I'm using MS Paint, and look where I'm at. You will be able to work faster by recoloring the sprites beforehand, though, and that's good.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #309 on: August 17, 2011, 01:42:40 AM »
Don't worry about it. At least you have Photoshop. I'm using MS Paint, and look where I'm at. You will be able to work faster by recoloring the sprites beforehand, though, and that's good.
yeah i hear you  :)

JWP

JMP

JHP

JHK

MK

Offline Shadic54

• The ultimate life form!
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 25, 2020, 02:41:33 AM
  • Being attacked by zombies!
« Reply #310 on: August 17, 2011, 01:11:03 PM »
yeah i hear you  :)

JWP

JMP

JHP

JHK

MK

^^(PM)^  =D>  ~:>
God bless America!

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #311 on: August 20, 2011, 03:15:40 PM »
Im currently working on getting Quints special attacks in order. Running low ideas for his basic attacks but i got the sets ideas in place. Quint may be a challenging character or cheap. im hoping for the first of the two options.

Anyhow i was trying to figure out how to incorporate Quint classical hoping moment. i  think i got it. Quint would rely on his helpers to do the attack. The Serve bot would control the pogo drill causing small rocks to fly into the air like in mm2. this is easily avoidable tho. to to make it hard Quint is able to move freely while his helpers do the attack? this would be one of his hypers Cheap or not?

Offline DUO-DUDE

• Brother Of RMM Contributer Hypnotize
  • Last Login:September 24, 2013, 06:13:50 PM
  • It's Show Time
    • Email
« Reply #312 on: August 22, 2011, 10:17:10 AM »
im new but cant wait to see this
We are The Future

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 05, 2024, 10:10:25 AM
    • Email
« Reply #313 on: August 22, 2011, 10:24:16 AM »
im new but cant wait to see this
Why did you put this???

Offline hylianknightmare

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 30, 2011, 04:16:05 PM
« Reply #314 on: August 24, 2011, 02:48:41 PM »
i'm curious, has anyone thought about a double Q buster hyper? if not two huge beams, several small bursts fired like machine guns then. just a thought.

actualy, here's another idea. he's supposed to be an evil/reprogrammed mega man, right? well, mega man has rush, quint has that... jackhammer/pogo stick thing. mega man has beat, why not give quint reggae (wily's bird. i think that's what he's called)? instead of a beat plane, why not have reggae come in and drop bombs over the stage? sort of like Carpet Bomber with The King (provided someone has actualy seen The King in action). i mean, why not? the coding shouldn't be overly difficult, considering what's been done so far, and the spriting wouldn't take too many frames either.

of course, all else fails, why not have a $%^& load of bats come in and attack? the sprites are already out there, so coding/resizing would be all that's nesecary... although, this sounds more like a good idea for a shade man hyper.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #315 on: August 24, 2011, 03:37:38 PM »
i'm curious, has anyone thought about a double Q buster hyper? if not two huge beams, several small bursts fired like machine guns then. just a thought.

actualy, here's another idea. he's supposed to be an evil/reprogrammed mega man, right? well, mega man has rush, quint has that... jackhammer/pogo stick thing. mega man has beat, why not give quint reggae (wily's bird. i think that's what he's called)? instead of a beat plane, why not have reggae come in and drop bombs over the stage? sort of like Carpet Bomber with The King (provided someone has actualy seen The King in action). i mean, why not? the coding shouldn't be overly difficult, considering what's been done so far, and the spriting wouldn't take too many frames either.

of course, all else fails, why not have a $%^& load of bats come in and attack? the sprites are already out there, so coding/resizing would be all that's nesecary... although, this sounds more like a good idea for a shade man hyper.

Ok ok, stop stop stop right there. There are no more wild suggestions being taken for Quint. We done this dance so many times now, we're just not going to go there.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline hylianknightmare

• Initiate
« Reply #316 on: August 25, 2011, 07:49:13 PM »
wild? you call that wild? for one, a double buster shot wouldn't be all that difficult to sprite. i could have it done in about a day or less if i tried (and believe me, i'd be willing to), and i'm nowhere NEAR as skilled as you guys. for two, i didn't think the hypers were picked yet.

as for adding reggae, again, not too difficult to sprite. the bombs only need be one sprite, quint, just modify one of his current animations to show him pointing a finger, reggae himself would be the time eater, but 3 to 4 frames is all that's needed, since they can be looped/repeated, and explosion sprites AND sound effects, are a dime a dozen. of course, could just use wily instead, and have him drop the bombs from his ship. not hard at all to add. take his UFO sprites from MM7, edit them to have an open bottom, if they don't already, and then just "hi res" them.

the whole bat thing i mentioned, well even i said that it would be something more suited to shade man.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #317 on: August 25, 2011, 08:02:15 PM »
wild? you call that wild? for one, a double buster shot wouldn't be all that difficult to sprite. i could have it done in about a day or less if i tried (and believe me, i'd be willing to), and i'm nowhere NEAR as skilled as you guys. for two, i didn't think the hypers were picked yet.

as for adding reggae, again, not too difficult to sprite. the bombs only need be one sprite, quint, just modify one of his current animations to show him pointing a finger, reggae himself would be the time eater, but 3 to 4 frames is all that's needed, since they can be looped/repeated, and explosion sprites AND sound effects, are a dime a dozen. of course, could just use wily instead, and have him drop the bombs from his ship. not hard at all to add. take his UFO sprites from MM7, edit them to have an open bottom, if they don't already, and then just "hi res" them.

the whole bat thing i mentioned, well even i said that it would be something more suited to shade man.
would you please stop.  :-w

Everything you said except the bats is on the slate for quint already. Your a bit late. No more ideas please unless your one of the members helping or are going to do it your self.

Post Merge: August 25, 2011, 08:10:21 PM
Quint has two helpers. Serve bot and drill bounce.  I have idea for there hypers. But if someone does one il add it instead.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:10:21 PM by Rage »

Offline hylianknightmare

• Initiate
« Reply #318 on: August 25, 2011, 08:14:11 PM »
all i'm good with so far, is "frankensprites", so i can only do something, if i have something to work with from the start. if you want help, i'd need a copy of the current sprite sheet, as i'm guessing the one in the first post isn't all that up to date. from there, i can give you a demo. if you like what you see, let me know and i'll continue. if you don't, i'll re work it.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #319 on: August 25, 2011, 08:25:50 PM »
all i'm good with so far, is "frankensprites", so i can only do something, if i have something to work with from the start. if you want help, i'd need a copy of the current sprite sheet, as i'm guessing the one in the first post isn't all that up to date. from there, i can give you a demo. if you like what you see, let me know and i'll continue. if you don't, i'll re work it.

Well Quint is mega man in the future, so here's a sprite sheet of mega man you could edit from.

http://sdb.drshnaps.com/display.php?object=144

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #320 on: August 25, 2011, 08:26:52 PM »
yeah that sheet is put of date. Sorry there is no new one. Im to busy to make one right now. I can how ever send you a green megaman sprite sheet that I use. I can do that tonite when I get of from work.

If you do intend on working on something fallow the rules on the first page.

Offline hylianknightmare

• Initiate
« Reply #321 on: August 25, 2011, 08:30:41 PM »
i tried that, but i couldn't quite get the colors right. more or less, what i was doing, was using gimp to just copy and paste the colors from quint to mega man, and it just didn't work out well.

after saying this kind of stuff, i don't think ANY sprite team would want me on thier project, unless they're utter noobz. well, we'll see.

Post Merge: August 25, 2011, 08:34:35 PM
sure. i'll take a crack at it. spriting i can do. it's the recoloring i have trouble with. but yeah, i'll just work on the stuff that's still listed as needed.

and don't worry. i'm done suggesting things.  @^@

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #322 on: August 25, 2011, 10:12:32 PM »
If you can wait a few more hours I can send you a green mega man. He made in quints colors. You have to made some minor edits. Make the helmut, the marking on his chest, and his gold braces. I'll include a  pallet too.

State out public what you want to do. I've got lot s of stuff started. so I'll work on something else if you choose something of the list that I started.

quints is getting there ladies and gents. I'll update his percentage sometime this week end

Offline hylianknightmare

• Initiate
« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2011, 09:21:24 AM »
i guess to start out, i'll take the lose animation. what kind of lose are you looking for though? classic mega man explosion, X style "defeated maverick" explosions, fall back and lay on ground, or something along the lines of losing at time over? something like a facepalm maybe?  o.O#

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2011, 11:18:39 AM »
do what ever you want. thats the point of this. But thats the continue screen

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal