Quints Shield keep, discard or remodel

Keep
21 (80.8%)
Discard
1 (3.8%)
Remodel (With coding)
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Quint - Infinity - Megaman Team WIP  (Read 39499 times)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 03:11:36 AM
  • The trend setter
Re: Quint - Infinity - Megaman Team WIP
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2010, 08:59:04 PM »
Well we speak english here and from what i read he was reprogrammed.

gawd this wip is becoming a royal pain.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline CAPSLOCK

• THE EXPIRED
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:February 19, 2023, 11:58:03 AM
  • BLARGH, I AM DEAD
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2010, 09:00:29 PM »
That's not entirely true, according to his actual japanese profile:

クイント(Quint)
    Dr.ワイリーがロックマンを倒す刺客として送り込んだロボット。その正体は、ワイリーがタイムマシンを利用して未来へ行き、未来の自分と結託して捕まえた、戦闘機能を持たない未来のロックマンを改造したものである。本来は穏やかで戦いを好まない平凡なタイプであるが、洗脳されているために攻撃を仕掛けてくる。武器は削岩ロボットを改造した「サクガーン」。他のボスと異なり、体力ゲージが表示されない。また、作中では生死不明。
    ロックマンキラーに相当する存在だが、ロックマンキラーとしてはナンバリングされていない。キラーナンバーズに入っていないのと、未来のロックマンという設定による『タイムパラドックス』になる為か不明だが、ロックマン10では再登場しない(ただし、ロックマンワールド5の場合は設定上例外)。

DU;CR

THAT'S DON'T UNDERSTAND; CAN'T READ

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2010, 09:07:33 PM »

so does IMT's proto man have his ultimate blaster move? the one where it drains his life support?

Does anyone know? I cant contact his creator cause well it has hard enough to get promission for quint from him. I had an idea for quint is all.

Offline CAPSLOCK

• THE EXPIRED
  • Initiate
  • BLARGH, I AM DEAD
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2010, 09:49:17 PM »
FROM WHAT I CAN ACCOUNT FOR, THERE ARE TWO MAJOR RELEASES OF PROTOMAN. ONE HAS A LVL 3 WITH A BEAM SABER COMBO, THE OTHER HAS A LVL 3 THAT DOES A MULTI-HIT, MULTI-BUSTER SHOT COMBO. NEITHER DRAIN LIFE.

BOTH HAVE A LVL 1 HYPER-BEAM AND LVL 1 SHIELD BARRAGE, NEITHER OF WHICH DRAIN HEALTH.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2010, 10:17:57 PM »
No in the game it is said that when proto use his super blaster shot it drains him. But i guess no one incorporated Protos most powerful attack  L-)

Well i guess ill find some dragonball vegetas' to reference.

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 15, 2024, 09:22:40 PM
  • Poot dispenser here.
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2010, 11:34:44 PM »
But, anyway.  Are you all going to use my Quint stage? ;D

I loved your Quint stage, but I sorta dislike having a MIDI for the stage. :-?? Plus, I can't really seem to find a remix of Quint's theme anywhere, either, most likely since the game isn't all too popular among others.
I'd think this would suit MUCH better.. :thumbsup:

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2010, 12:10:47 AM »
I found a really BA hardcore teckno remix but sadly no MP3s to be found... :[

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
  • Last Login:October 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
  • Lost My Mojo....Yeah Baby
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2010, 12:28:04 AM »
That's not entirely true, according to his actual japanese profile:

クイント(Quint)
    Dr.ワイリーがロックマンを倒す刺客として送り込んだロボット。その正体は、ワイリーがタイムマシンを利用して未来へ行き、未来の自分と結託して捕まえた、戦闘機能を持たない未来のロックマンを改造したものである。本来は穏やかで戦いを好まない平凡なタイプであるが、洗脳されているために攻撃を仕掛けてくる。武器は削岩ロボットを改造した「サクガーン」。他のボスと異なり、体力ゲージが表示されない。また、作中では生死不明。
    ロックマンキラーに相当する存在だが、ロックマンキラーとしてはナンバリングされていない。キラーナンバーズに入っていないのと、未来のロックマンという設定による『タイムパラドックス』になる為か不明だが、ロックマン10では再登場しない(ただし、ロックマンワールド5の場合は設定上例外)。

That not an actually profile, its opinion about how Quint existence, the person is describing Quint's throughout the series.  This person states that they don't know whether he lives or dies due to the fact that he isn't in RM10 and that he isn't numbered like a RMK.  He just states that he using a sakugarne and mentions nothing about his other capabilities, just that he was funtional like Rockman, but in the future. 

So my thing is, has Rockman ever used a Rush Drill in the Rockman series?  Has he ever used a Beat Plane in the series?  Has ever used a Rush adaptation that involves Beat and Fliptop/Eddie?  No.  Me and Rage had PM discussion his buster move that is would only be a hyper and would be a timelapse buster due to him not use to using his arm buster. 
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Enscripture

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 15, 2020, 07:12:24 AM
  • Plug-In, Rockman.EXE! Transmission!
    • My site
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2010, 01:06:06 AM »
I loved your Quint stage, but I sorta dislike having a MIDI for the stage.

Eh, that was the only mix of his theme I could find.  I like it :)

EDIT: Actually found a good remix:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VET0MJGGDmI[/youtube]

And another:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub_tOjO5vt0[/youtube]
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:19:41 AM by Enscripture »

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Poot dispenser here.
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2010, 01:54:14 AM »
Eh, that was the only mix of his theme I could find.  I like it :)

EDIT: Actually found a good remix:

And another:

Fixed the links, but I still love that first one (which is the one I posted, lol). But the second one isn't all too bad either, but doesn't sound exactly perfect for a fighting theme. But yeah, I'd go with the first one. :thumbsup:

By the way, here's a download link to the first song. :
http://www.sendspace.com/file/15poeb
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 02:44:28 AM by Manic »

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
That not an actually profile, its opinion about how Quint existence, the person is describing Quint's throughout the series.  This person states that they don't know whether he lives or dies due to the fact that he isn't in RM10 and that he isn't numbered like a RMK.  He just states that he using a sakugarne and mentions nothing about his other capabilities, just that he was funtional like Rockman, but in the future. 

So my thing is, has Rockman ever used a Rush Drill in the Rockman series?  Has he ever used a Beat Plane in the series?  Has ever used a Rush adaptation that involves Beat and Fliptop/Eddie?  No.  Me and Rage had PM discussion his buster move that is would only be a hyper and would be a timelapse buster due to him not use to using his arm buster. 

Oh so then your going to give him one R-Shadow movie but not any others? Is R-Shadow even a cannon character? No. So if your going to add 1 move from one fictional character into quint, why not add the rest. Their both susposed to be mega man from the future right? And they look the same.

But if your still going to say no to that, then you shouldnt have the buster in quint at all.

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2010, 08:57:06 AM »
Oh so then your going to give him one R-Shadow movie but not any others? Is R-Shadow even a cannon character? No. So if your going to add 1 move from one fictional character into quint, why not add the rest. Their both susposed to be mega man from the future right? And they look the same.

But if your still going to say no to that, then you shouldnt have the buster in quint at all.

This is what Rockman Shadow looks like

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quint has a buster, but he is also rusty which is why he will use it differently then Rockman.  If YOU want Rockman Shadow then make him, because Rockman Shadow uses a sword not a buster.  Also the reason I made the Rush Drill comment etc was because though it wasn't seen in the series, it is very well indeed that Rush could transform into a drill.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:08:12 AM by Nilakantha »
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline CAPSLOCK

• THE EXPIRED
  • Initiate
  • BLARGH, I AM DEAD
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2010, 10:09:51 AM »
I wasn't going to get involved with this again but having recently come across this and since Nila posted a pic, I have to post.

Behold, a scan from CoroCoro, a montly Japanese magazine that usually has features of upcoming Rockman games. this scan from October 1999 just happened to feature Rockman & Forte WS.

EDIT: Pic failing, posted article containing pic.
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2010/05/28/blast-from-the-past-corocoros-scoop-on-rockman-forte-ws/

An official artwork of Rockman Shadow, who (not surprisingly) looks exactly like quint, colors and all.

Oh and about Quint having a buster:
Quote from: themmnetwork Character Database
Quint is Mega Man from the future, but remodeled into a new robot by Dr. Wily. Dr. Wily stole an experimental time machine and traveled some years into the future (the game manual claims 37.426 years). In the future he found that a triumphant Mega Man had been remodeled back into a household robot, and that his future self reformed from his evil ways. Dr. Wily was able to convince his future self to abduct the now defenseless Mega Man. The future Mega Man was brainwashed and modified back into a battle robot, becoming Quint

So is he Rock, yes. Is he Rockman, no. That being said, it's quite possible he was never retrofitted with a buster. And as demonstrated in the vid of R-Shadow I posted, he is able to project his sword like a buster shot.

Now it would stand to reason that if Wily created then discarded R-Shadow in favor to Rock and took that design and applied it to him, he theoretically could do everything that R-Shadow can do. I know R-Shadow isn't canon, but i'm just talking about extending his moveset, nothing more.

I've said my piece and am at peace, I'll not be back in here again to bother you.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:25:35 AM by CAPSLOCK »

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2010, 10:18:10 AM »
I wasn't going to get involved with this again but having recently come across this and since Nila posted a pic, I have to post.

Behold, a scan from CoroCoro, a montly Japanese magazine that usually has features of upcoming Rockman games. this scan from October 1999 just happened to feature Rockman & Forte WS.

An official artwork of Rockman Shadow, who (not surprisingly) looks exactly like quint, colors and all.

So is he Rock, yes. Is he Rockman, no. That being said, it's quite possible he was never retrofitted with a buster. And as demonstrated in the vid of R-Shadow I posted, he is able to project his sword like a buster shot.

Now it would stand to reason that if Wily created then discarded R-Shadow in favor to Rock and took that design and applied it to him, he theoretically could do everything that R-Shadow can do. I know R-Shadow isn't canon, but i'm just talking about extending his moveset, nothing more.

I've said my piece and am at peace, I'll not be back in here again to bother you.

Your art is a big red x.

Offline CAPSLOCK

• THE EXPIRED
  • Initiate
  • BLARGH, I AM DEAD
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2010, 10:19:41 AM »
Your art is a big red x.

posted modified, re-read.

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2010, 10:37:46 AM »

EDIT: Pic failing, posted article containing pic.
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2010/05/28/blast-from-the-past-corocoros-scoop-on-rockman-forte-ws/

Yeah like I said just because he was not shown using a buster doesn't mean he doesn't have one, because me and Rage even discussed this source and many others, and CoroCoro was also misinformed due to the fact that they thought it was Quint back in 1999 as I recalled they were corrected as my Rockman & Forte: Mirai Kira no Chousensha manual states that both Quint and Rockman Shadow are separate entities and that they both have different buster arms.  Hmm...I wonder why they have different buster arms.  Which is why I brought up Rush Drill, that Rush is capable of that ability even though it was not shown in the series, but it was also not off character for him to perform such a move.  Also this was the picture Capslock was trying to show.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit: I also want to add, can this be the last discussion about Rockman Shadow and Buster, because this is ruining the thread and the focus our WIP?  We have surprises, but I don't want this to be an ongoing thing.  Rockman Shadow is not canon, but if someone wants to make him then go right on ahead.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 10:58:02 AM by Nilakantha »
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2010, 03:06:10 PM »
Here's my theory on all this: IT'S MUGEN. There's room for interpretation and error.

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2010, 07:23:57 PM »
LOOK IM ABOUT TO LOCK THIS TOPIC AND MOVE IT ELSE  WHERE IF THIS PROCEEDS.

EVERYONE KNOW THERE ARE PLOT HOLES IN THE QUINT STORY AS CAPCOM NEVER MADE ANYTHING CLEAR.

WHATS KNOWN ARE THE TWO ARE DIFFERENT CHARACTERS

ONE HAS A BLASTER SWORD AND THE OTHER IS UNKNOWN.

WHAT WE ARE DOING HERE IS EXPLOITING THE PLOT HOLES HERE WHILE TRYING TO STAY AS TRUE TO THE CHARACTER AS POSSIBLE.

THIS IS A QUINT WIP. NOT R-SHADOW. WE ARE NOT USING ANY OF HIS MOVE OR EVEN SOURCING HIM.
IT WAS NEVER STATED OFFICIALLY WHAT MEGA MAN WAS DOING IN THE FUTURE B4 HE WAS KIDNAPPED.
AND SINCE THIS HOLE EXIST IM GIVING HIM A BACK STORY OF MY OWN. . . . .

FOR ALL WE NOW HE WAS REPROGRAMMED AND BECAUSE HE HATED HIMSELF HE DECIDED TO PAINT HIMSELF GREEN AND DOWN A HELMET TO COVER THE FACE HE HATE. BEING THAT HE DISLIKE HIM SELF HE DECIDED NOT TO USE ANY OFF HIS ABILITIES HE OBTAINED IN THE PAST. THIS IS WHY WILEY ARMED HIM WITH HIS DRILL.

QUINT THOUGHT THAT HIS NEW WEAPON WOULD BE ENOUGH TO TRUMP HIMSELF IN THE PAST BEING HE LACKED THE EXPERIENCE THAT QUINT HAS. DOING THE EVENT OF MM2 QUINT WAS BEATEN AND RETREATED. QUINT UNDERESTIMATED MEGAMAN AND THUS HAVING BEEN DEFEATED SO EASILY HE DECIDED HE WOULD  USE HIS BUSTER AND COPY ABILITY AGAIN. QUINT KNOWNING HIMSELF AND HIS ATTITUDE  TO LEARN KNEW THAT THIS ALONE WOULDNT BE ENOUGH.  FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS QUINT SPENT TIME USING THE KNOWLEDGE HE INHERITED FROM DOCTOR LIGHT TO UP GRADE HIMSELF. . . . . .

THIS IS THE BASE FOR QUINT STORY. I WILL GO OVER THIS WITH THE 4 PEOPLE WHO SEEMED TO BE PUTTING A LOT INTO QUINT. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. AND ALSO THE PROJECT LEADER FOR MEGAMAN MAYHAM CAUSE I DONT WANT TO CLASH WITH HIS PLANS FOR QUINT.

JUST SO THIS IS KNOWN AND CAUSE I DONT WANT ANYONE MISLEAD BY MY STATEMENT ABOVE PLEASE IF YOU WANT TO HELP WITH QUINT ALL IS WELCOMED.

NO MORE R-SHADOW

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2010, 03:12:45 AM »
The only characters allowed in the game at the moment (For a 1st release of the game) is Original Series Megaman characters.  (MM1-10, Gameboy, MM&Bass, WilyWars, Power Battles/Fighters.)  So R-Shadow would not fit into the game at the moment. 
As for the X characters the original idea for Quint was to make him bring the X characters into the mix with time travel stuff.  Maybe in the future we will get some Maverick boss wips and can incorporate more X characters into the game.

I like the custom pose for Quint's buster shot.  It's fun making new moves for characters when their respective game did not give them enough material/moves.  Even Snakeman will have some new stuff I made up.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 05:42:09 PM by laspacho »

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 28, 2017, 05:55:15 PM
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2010, 04:21:20 AM »
Had an idea for a win pose. Turns out there are still traces of Megaman's original programming in there, and they turn up now and then, causing Quint great pain and confusion. Imagine some high-pitched feedback noise, followed by Dr. Wily's laugh.

What do you all think?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 04:34:31 AM by UltraRoboninja »

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
-Plato

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Poot dispenser here.
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2010, 05:44:40 AM »
That's amazing, I like it a lot. =D>

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2010, 06:48:54 AM »
Had an idea for a win pose. Turns out there are still traces of Megaman's original programming in there, and they turn up now and then, causing Quint great pain and confusion. Imagine some high-pitched feedback noise, followed by Dr. Wily's laugh.

What do you all think?

sweet

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2010, 12:45:16 PM »
Rage, please don't go mad!

What do you all think?

XD||

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Poot dispenser here.

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 28, 2017, 05:55:15 PM
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2010, 03:04:03 PM »
Wow, I didn't notice the light reflecting off his visor here:

Niiiice! :thumbsup: Maybe we can add that to the stance.

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
-Plato

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal