collapse

Author Topic: Doctor Octupus  (Read 36619 times)

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
Re: Doctor Octupus
« Reply #350 on: July 31, 2018, 07:25:53 PM »
Very clean

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 01:17:37 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #351 on: July 31, 2018, 08:48:09 PM »
I don't see any chance of Loganir returning. Specially the way Mugen is now.

Offline dev.

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 19, 2024, 03:08:03 PM
« Reply #352 on: July 31, 2018, 10:39:14 PM »
True. And it got even worse than it was when Loganir left.

Offline il Tizio

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 03, 2023, 04:30:14 PM
« Reply #353 on: August 01, 2018, 10:55:09 AM »
Sorry, maybe it's not the best place to talk about this subject. I'm not a creator so I won't probably never fully understand what it's like to  see your work stolen or deformed. What I say is ... Who cares about them! There will be 50,000 edits of Buyog's Hulk or Loganir's Thor. Some are real rapes of their work ... but, in the end, what will remain "to posterity" is the work of the good ones. The crap edits will not remember anyone.

why let them win? Imitation is the sincerest of flattery

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #354 on: August 01, 2018, 12:14:00 PM »
Who cares about them! why let them win?

Your post kinda answers itself:
I'm not a creator so I won't probably never fully understand
Many creators are quitting thanks to this. I will be joining them soon...
But people doesn't seams to care or even understand it.

True. And it got even worse than it was when Loganir left.
Way worse.

Offline rj10018576

• Last Login:October 01, 2018, 12:50:57 PM
    • Email
« Reply #355 on: August 01, 2018, 02:32:38 PM »
Your post kinda answers itself:Many creators are quitting thanks to this. I will be joining them soon...
But people doesn't seams to care or even understand it.
Way worse.

I love and respect all of you guys' work but I've never gotten this logic. I'm not a mugen creator but I am a game modder whose created a ton of work. Let's say you decide to not create any more or share any work, whats the end game? More creators will rise and newer projects will arise, but whatever "glory" you sought will die with your inactivity. Yes some folks wish for some of the greats to return, but it will never lead to a change in piracy. It will never stop piracy and it will never stop bootlegs. My philosophy has always been,  make your work soo good that any bootleg is incomparable. Just leaving the community only kills the community.

You can't change things from the outside

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #356 on: August 01, 2018, 04:00:13 PM »
I understand your words, really. But its not how it works for me, for example.

Let's say you decide to not create any more or share any work, whats the end game? More creators will rise and newer projects will arise, but whatever "glory" you sought will die with your inactivity.
It's not a problem for me at all, really. After all, everything I done down the years was to please myself first, so I could enjoy and have fun. Only after that is when I care about other things, like to bring joy to people's life. If I brought it (like some people said), then I feel myself paid and the job done :)

This is why I never cared about prizes, if I was one of the best creator, etc. I think I already left my mark in Mugen, with things like beta testing Fighter Factory.
There are a lot of things there which were my suggestions, of things I would use and thought people would use too.

Someday, people will forget me or my work. It's natural and expected to happen. Only people which care about the history of things will remember me. And that is okay to me.

You can't change things from the outside
I have no intentions to change it. It's like to dry ice.

I will still be here until I have fun with it - even if I had to create things only for myself.
The day I stop to have fun will be the day I will really stop and say "thanks for all the fish".

Sorry for derailing your topic, Verz.

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #357 on: August 01, 2018, 06:12:24 PM »
i dont mind that my topic gets derailed when its about something important. Oilu, you think like me about why i do things for mugen. i too though about just quitting a few times so far, but thats like allowing the trolls to win the battle. i am not a person that have ever allow anybody dictate what im going to do in my life and thats one of the reasons that i work for myself in real life.

Oilu, anybody that gets into mugen will always find out about who you are and the things you did in mugen, guys like you, loganir, pots and many more will never be forgotten. the good and creative people that have done characters and helped many in mugen will never be forgotten and yes, you all left your mark in many ways in mugen.

i still have my goal of spritting the characters and some stages for the game i have dreamed to make. im not going to allow that to stop from happening. loganir loves mugen just like you and i love to create. is why i said what i said because maybe im wrong but i still think that theres have to be an itch to check mugen from time to time. im sad that his new thor and shehulk might not see the light but i still hope some day that i get to play with them. there is other ways to create and not let people do whatever they want and thats to create for yourself and maybe a few trusted persons.

i will still get my works done but i think i wont release anything anymore. not until i finish the game. this way i dont let others take the fun away from me and still complete the game. and when its done, then i can release and retire knowing i accomplish my goal. making a character is not easy specially when u want to really make a well made one so imagine a game. but having the right people around you to help, can make things better and faster. i count now with xboy's help as far as sprites goes. ill show some of the things we got in mind about doing but we joined forces to get the game done in a way. he has some crazy ideas that are just amazing from doc ock to few others but ill ask first and if he allows me, ill show you guys a bit to get you hyped up. so far we will be spritting few characters together and that will speed up things. my problem is time because i run a business thats very busy but i take time to make sprites..

anyways getting back on topic, i wont be showing more animations or at least ill try not to. but ill show a sprite here and there... but the progress on doc is very big already.

Offline riot

• RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:November 02, 2019, 04:56:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #358 on: August 02, 2018, 05:03:20 AM »
 ^^(PM)^ :thumbsup: :w00t:

Offline wucash005

• Last Login:August 02, 2018, 12:11:35 PM
  • Its just a hobby!
    • Email
« Reply #359 on: August 02, 2018, 05:42:29 AM »
Well said it, Verz. :w00t:

Offline Gladiacloud

• Contributor
  • Last Login:Today at 02:23:02 AM
  • http://i.imgur.com/4QokCKe.gif
    • Email
« Reply #360 on: August 02, 2018, 08:42:42 AM »
Wise words.

Verz36, do you remember my work on Dormammu? I have never opened a wip topic in which I showed how the creation of Dormammu was proceeding, but nevertheless I continued to work on him. You're doing like me, practically.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #361 on: August 02, 2018, 10:34:35 AM »
Thanks for the nice words and for understanding my point.

i too though about just quitting a few times so far, but thats like allowing the trolls to win the battle. i am not a person that have ever allow anybody dictate what im going to do in my life and thats one of the reasons that i work for myself in real life.

It is not something that is secret to anyone - I am an atheist. But I have deep admiration for Buddhism. And with that I learned one thing: "Sometimes, it is better to have peace than to be right".

Do not get caught up in a battle you do not have to fight. (I took a lot of time to figure it out myself. And sometimes I still miss it).

Do things because you have fun - even if it is only for you, privately - and not because you have to "fight someone" or prove something.

There is only one person to whom you "must" prove something - yourself.
I speak of this as your friend.

Stay well.

Offline il Tizio

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 03, 2023, 04:30:14 PM
« Reply #362 on: August 02, 2018, 01:14:41 PM »
Wise words.

Verz36, do you remember my work on Dormammu? I have never opened a wip topic in which I showed how the creation of Dormammu was proceeding, but nevertheless I continued to work on him. You're doing like me, practically.

Scrivo anche in italiano in modo che almeno tu che sei connazionale capisci meglio cosa intendo.

È vero quello che diceva Oilu, non sono un creatore e quindi mi manca 3/4 degli strumenti per capire quanto può far bruciare il culo vedersi il proprio personaggio  stuprato o rippato alla cazzo. Però quello che rendeva figo il mugen sia dagli albori è che fosse una comunity. Probabilmente siamo tutti sulla trentina, siamo persone adulte. Lasciarsi avvelenare il gioco e il divertimento da 4,5 coglioni è ingiusto verso te stesso e verso la comunity che ti supporta. Piuttosto (col rischio di non esserci dentro anche io) si fa un qualcosa di privato tra pochi fidati e se qualcosa esce si sgama il traditore.

Cazzo, rosico a bestia per non aver mai usato il nuovo Thor e She Hulk di loganir :D

---------
I wrote in italian too coz i saw there's another italian mother tongue who can understand fully my words without anything lost in translation :D What Oilu says is right: i'm not a creator and so i won't never fully understand how it pisses off seeing ur chars raped or destroyed. But what made Mugen cool since the beginning is the comunity behind it. We're probably all over 30's, grown people. Letting those 4, 5 morons poison ur hobby and ur entertainment is wrong primarily for yourself e secodary for those who loved and enjoyed ur work. A kind of solution could be (even if it would probably be a problem for myself though) having a private comunity with few trustable people...

(geez, that Loganir Thor...it frustrates me not playing with :D)

Offline Gladiacloud

• Contributor
  • Last Login:Today at 02:23:02 AM
  • http://i.imgur.com/4QokCKe.gif
    • Email
« Reply #363 on: August 02, 2018, 03:43:33 PM »
Did I say something wrong? I do not know what happened, I did not read the last topics carefully, except Verz36 decision to not publish the progress of his wip... that just reminded me of the fact that I never publish my wips. If I said anything inappropriate, I apologize. I repeat, I did not follow the last topics, and I will do it.

Offline riot

• RMM Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #364 on: August 02, 2018, 04:19:07 PM »
Did I say something wrong? I do not know what happened, I did not read the last topics carefully, except Verz36 decision to not publish the progress of his wip... that just reminded me of the fact that I never publish my wips. If I said anything inappropriate, I apologize. I repeat, I did not follow the last topics, and I will do it.

I understood what you said.

I made the same thing. I showed some sprite no finish. And The final product will come after... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA You must wait the final kombat zone.   stay frosty    >:(

Offline Harbinger

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 07:08:50 PM
Re: Doctor Octopus
« Reply #365 on: August 02, 2018, 04:23:49 PM »
Hey Verz,

The sprite update looks great, especially the gloves and boots, huge improvement. My only criticism..... he looks very muscly! Like his arms and legs are ripped

But glad to see x-boy is helping out.

And yeah current MUGEN scene is..... well there's reasons people don't show off/release stuff anymore. Certain people have already eyed unreleased stuff as good bases for their new headswap character! But yeah, I wish loads of creators would return, Loganir being one for sure.

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
« Reply #366 on: August 02, 2018, 06:23:28 PM »
hey guys,

its good i think that we have this conversations.. pretty much you all said things that we all agree on and many of us feel the same when talking about this subjects. its true we have had this things happening before, years ago.

but i noticed that some of us been targets because of some others feeling like we are not untouchable so they specially targeted loganir and i. its been the same old song for so long. before when i first started the forums and many fans would back you up and help with trolls and copy cats, but all that is gone and thats why the problem really got bigger. now many new people just want those dumb butt head swaps and recolored characters, they encourage others to make them, even forums too which is not nice to do. this people have given the word free a new meaning when it comes to mugen. everytime a new recolored character comes out, its oh my god you are amazing and +1, lmao... the trolls forced those creators with quality work away and now u can see the lack of true new well made characters. we are left with bunch of bugged, poor sprited characters. only a few have come out here and there that really make you wanna download.

i dont know about you guys but im picky with what i download, im not a collector of every character released. im just into dc and marvel characters and they need to be at least decent and offer something different from their bases.

getting back to doc, tom, i see your point but its hard not to from using this bases. when doc sprites are done maybe he will get a revision and this things will be taken care of... its another prove that we are not perfect, lol.. i still make many mistakes when im spritting but when i see them i try to correct them the best that i can. the best way i can put this is that im still learning the more i sprite.

and im sorry but i wont be able to show u guys some of the new things we got going not related to doc but i can show one last animation with the new improve sprites. i know he looks murcular here too. this will be like the move that omega red has that tentacles go around hitting enemy multiple times.. we got many more moves done but that will be for a video or something later.. hope u guys like it..

Offline riot

• RMM Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #367 on: August 02, 2018, 06:33:11 PM »
I feel like I see the same quality of work as loganir. The stars of unlimited pyche it is a reference in quality work. I hope to be recognized as such one day. By then, I'm working on my first complete character. I hope he will be up to it.

More information later on this.

Offline Harbinger

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 07:08:50 PM
« Reply #368 on: August 02, 2018, 06:38:04 PM »

Now this is cool, from the facial expressions to the very smooth animation!

And yeah I understand it'd be hard to not make him muscly, most comic characters and sprite bases are!

What bases have you used for the arms? They've got some great movement

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
« Reply #369 on: August 02, 2018, 06:54:16 PM »
guile and cap legs is the main bases but we have mixed many more like cable, cyclops, wolf gang, adon, deejay, magneto, bison, alex, sagat, cheng and many more for parts.. the more the better and more possibilities.. lol...
you know me, always trying to find new elements to incorporate and make the best out of it... 

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #370 on: August 02, 2018, 09:32:07 PM »
You should stop to post those gifs without any watermark. People can steal it before you release it.

Offline OldGamer

• IMT ScreenPack Creator
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 11, 2023, 10:45:30 PM
  • Mugen Creator for Stages & Screen Pack
« Reply #371 on: August 02, 2018, 11:25:27 PM »
You should stop to post those gifs without any watermark. People can steal it before you release it.
THAT IS SO TRUE on what O Ilusionista is really saying.  ^^(PM)^

Verz36 Please take his advice because we got website and program that we are able to rip and take out the animated gif and rip then turn them into frame and exchange them into png format . I feel that one stander frame is good enough and the rest should be private

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
« Reply #372 on: August 02, 2018, 11:47:48 PM »
thanks for the advice and i wont post more after this animation. on the other hand, whoever wants to steal this sprites, i doubt they will have the skills to make decent tentacles animated.. im still struggling with them, lol...

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #373 on: August 03, 2018, 07:51:20 AM »
I've got to say I love that animation. It really does feel like it was ripped from a Capcom game  :Terry

Offline Blagoy

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 10:45:20 AM
« Reply #374 on: August 03, 2018, 10:10:46 AM »
Doc Ock can dance nice  ;*)) :w00t:

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal