collapse

Author Topic: Project X Zone 2/Xenoblade Chronicles Black/Metal Face character (Hi-Res)  (Read 2685 times)

Offline Mumk.rar

• Nemesis
  • Last Login:December 03, 2016, 12:43:27 AM
  • Её крики были музыкой для моих ушей.
Hello and sorry for the use of Google Translate. I do not know much English. I hope everything is clear and I was not wrong place.
Get to the point. One of the bosses of Project X Zone 2 - Black Face, known as the Metal Face in America because of the censorship. He is from Xenoblade Chronicles, where he played the role of one of the villains.
In any case, I can not use sprites PXZ2 because they are not yet available . So I decided to ask one modder to get the model and animation for the project. At the moment, there is no exact list of attacks, but I will try to use the attacks of Project X Zone 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles. Fortunately, I can quickly make these sprites, so that everything goes fast. Perhaps as early as January. It is 25% finished. What do you think about it?

EDIT: I almost forgot - it is higher than normal characters.

EDIT: images updated and new images.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 04:27:16 PM by Mumk.rar »

Offline Mumk.rar

• Nemesis
Re: Project X Zone 2/Xenoblade Chronicles Black/Metal Face character
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 06:34:51 PM »
Now i'm using other people to translate stuff. Looks like there is not much interest in this character and it's probably because of who he is and i didn't show much. So, i'll try to fix that. Here is a video that shows pretty much every attack except for 2 hypers.
https://vid.me/e/mLde
Didn't use youtube because i don't have account here. A lot has changed, including model i'm using for sprites (but animations are same...not that i can change those). He is almost ready. Only things left are taunt (kinda weird considering who MF is), 4 specials, 3 hypers and 3 assist characters - Silver Face (Sublime Cure, either heals MF normally or makes him regenerate certain amount of health for certain amount of time), Jade Face (Laser Bullet or Linear Laser, first one would just have JF blast opponent with those cannons from the air while second one would be more like a sniper rifle shot and would never miss) and Xord (Wild Crash, nothing really special except you can hit him and if you do, he'll just say "Feels like a fly bit me!" for every hit without interrupting his attack). Obviously this is a boss character and balancing isn't really important here. I don't want him to be outright cheap, but more like those hard bosses like Justice, Shao Kahn, M. Bison, Reapermon, Feral Chaos - hard to beat, but it's still possible despite that boss being clearly better than you thanks to exploitable AI or some other trick.
Also, MF's line during Grand Shot lv3 hyper (one shown in the end of video) changes depending on opponent's remaining health. If it higher than whats needed to survive this attack, it's "Hey hey...Time to die!", but if it's lower, then it's "This little get-together ends now!". It's not guaranteed to kill at that point, but since that hyper is full-screen and leaves opponent stunned for a while even when blocked, it might as well be like this.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
This looks like a pretty cool boss character.

Offline Renegade

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 22, 2019, 01:44:25 PM
    • Email
I've never seen or heard of this Metal Face before but it looks freaky with a cool design and it also does remind me of Justice from Guilty Gear. Metal Face is quite large so it should make a great boss character especially in Mugen 1.1 with zoom stages and being blasted from 1 side of the screen to the other in a zoomed out stage. This should fit nicely into a HD Mugen collection and the sprites should look sharp in high resolutions but it was hard to tell from the low quality video.

Offline Mumk.rar

• Nemesis
I've never seen or heard of this Metal Face before but it looks freaky with a cool design and it also does remind me of Justice from Guilty Gear. Metal Face is quite large so it should make a great boss character especially in Mugen 1.1 with zoom stages and being blasted from 1 side of the screen to the other in a zoomed out stage. This should fit nicely into a HD Mugen collection and the sprites should look sharp in high resolutions but it was hard to tell from the low quality video.
Yeah, he looks cool. Not surprised you never heard of him. And this is how he looks like with higher quality.

Looks better in motion. Because he uses 3d model for sprites, colorloss is here, but it's mostly in black parts. It looked like this before:

Many details (like stitches on his mouth) were lost because of my PC's screen resolution.

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[Today at 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar