collapse

Author Topic: Twinimage's WIP's  (Read 10197 times)

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
Re: Twinimage's WIP's
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2014, 06:14:22 PM »
Dude all your wips looks great.  They inspire me to keep spriting myself. I really love that Aquaman cant wait to see more on him.

Thanks, haven't touched Aquaman in a while, but been thinking how exactly I want him to play and stuff. Most of the basics are done though. :)

If you want she can wear it or have it thrown like Rogue in X-Men Second Coming!!! :)

I think she has a code where sometimes she wears the jacket and sometimes no! :)

True, but I'm just going to go with the current design for now.

Offline Loganir

• Last Login:February 01, 2015, 05:23:04 PM
  • óia !!!!
    • www.loganir.blogspot.com
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2014, 08:51:52 PM »
Looking great the work you doing for her!  The first costume in that intro and for the hyper you posted it's one of my favorites from all time on Byrne's run in Uncanny.

Good luck with dazzler Twinimage!! :)

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:59:20 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2014, 06:07:04 PM »
I have a quick question do you still plan on working on an updated cable?

CENTER]

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2014, 09:47:56 PM »
I have a quick question do you still plan on working on an updated cable?

Nope. That never worked out.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2014, 10:24:50 PM »
Been looking over Dazzler lately. I've been coding some combos for her. It's cool to finally see her function better and more fun combos.

Here's an opportunity for you to contribute.
I'm at a point where I need to really think about Dazzler's move list and how the specials should work.
I don't want her to be overpowering and I don't want her to be a cheap, boring character.

These two are from the Dazzler beta we had made
- Shoots projectile from her finger (qcf + attack)
- Small explosion from her hands, hits at close distance (qcb + attack)

Here are some ideas for more specials:
- Dazzler creates a shield like structure in front of her that hurts opponent or stops projectiles and attacks. Goes away after first hit.
- She may need an anti-air move, but not sure what would be the best kind of movement. Preferably not a shoryuken style punch. :P
- Maybe have her do a blanka electrocute style move, but with sparkles and light.

Also, what kind of throw(s) do you think Dazzler could do? I'm at a loss for that.

Feel free to share any move ideas, whether it be throws, specials or hypers. I'd love to hear what some of you can think up.

- Twin

Offline ratmon

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 23, 2019, 04:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2014, 11:02:58 PM »
The Blanca idea sounds perfect for her. How about for her anti air something like Psylocke's psyblade jump, but instead make her look like she dancing with damaging lights surrounding her. Her throw maybe something like Karin from SF IDK....

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2014, 04:25:12 AM »
U have interesting ideas Twinimage!!!  :thumbsup:

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 07, 2023, 02:38:39 PM
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2014, 07:12:04 AM »
This can work as a counter or throw or specail
She can throw a ball of light that stuns the enemy so she can combo you can do this in different ways one can be a counter move one can be anit air etc
*Note Soon

Offline Harbinger

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 07:08:50 PM
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2014, 11:07:13 AM »
You could give her a teleport type move. She creates a large white flash which blinds the screen. Upon visibility returning she's in a different location.

Something like a trap move? She creates a ball of light on screen. When someone moves into it they're stunned. Different buttons would control the location.

What sort of gameplay style do you want for her? I can see her being similar to Trish in MvC3

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2014, 11:25:24 AM »
As long as she's not as aggravating to fight against like Trish, that's a good idea Tom haha

Offline Loganir

• óia !!!!
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2014, 02:46:10 PM »
Maybe it's a bit stretch this idea:

Her powers are based on sound conversion into light, more stocked more powerful she is right?

So something like a small sonic level bar where she can stock the level of "sounds" and with the increasing of values she could do more and different laser shots with xtra damage and visually more dramatic. And that could also influence hypers with light/laser in amplitude and intensity.

As example I was thinking in something like McCready's Guido kinectic bar.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2014, 05:23:58 PM »
Thanks for the feedback thus far guys. To be honest I'm not totally sure what gameplay style I want for her yet. At the moment I've been trying to make what she has work more for MvC style gameplay.

I currently have it coded where per each power level she has more sparkles appear around her body. I'm thinking of adding a glow effect for level 3. It's hard to think of a sound level bar for a fighting game, but I get what you mean.

Here's what I'm thinking of trying for her specials for now. If these don't work, I'll try something else.

- Lightblast from hands, close up. Great for adding into combos

- Projectile from finger. Currently only one projectile, but I'm thinking of making her use both hands and shoot smaller lasers, have it function similar to how MvC3 Dante shoots his guns. Still have her original pose for low attack maybe. Or if you do the command and then pound on the attack button, she'll use both hands after that initial attack.
Could turn that move into a hyper as well. Have the laser projectiles shoot faster as well as high and low. We'll see. I'm not a big fan of hypers just being a bigger, faster version of their specials.

- Shoots shield out in front of her as she hops back. That could technically be an anti-air correct? Or are different requirements for an anti-air? Main point is to punish the opponent for their air attack.

- Creates sparkles around her, similar to Dr. Doom's molecular shield or Magneto's force field. The command could either be blanka style (button smashing) or something basic like anti+attack

- Twin

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2014, 05:33:24 PM »
Maybe it's a bit stretch this idea:

Her powers are based on sound conversion into light, more stocked more powerful she is right?

So something like a small sonic level bar where she can stock the level of "sounds" and with the increasing of values she could do more and different laser shots with xtra damage and visually more dramatic. And that could also influence hypers with light/laser in amplitude and intensity.

As example I was thinking in something like McCready's Guido kinectic bar.

You could give her a teleport type move. She creates a large white flash which blinds the screen. Upon visibility returning she's in a different location.

Something like a trap move? She creates a ball of light on screen. When someone moves into it they're stunned. Different buttons would control the location.

What sort of gameplay style do you want for her? I can see her being similar to Trish in MvC3

loving all these ideas

definitely needs a dizzy move

uppercut can be a mix between psylocke and Athena from king of fighters psycho sword

like the trap idea, maybe a nostalgic trip is have her throw the light on the ground like she did in the arcade but instead of exploding instantly it can be triggered by stepping on it.  but I think I like floating light more...why not all three depending on the attack button strength ///high middle ground trap

like the built up sound idea of loganir..but what builds up the sound...punches to the face  lol

maybe have throw or have items like scruffy's bishop

throw out boom box or have sing to charge it up

if you have her sing it can be like guitar hero or dance revolution

where if you push buttons in right sequence the better her song sounds and more light she can produce and use to damage with...mess up the song and the attack is weaker...totally bugger the song and the crowd goes boo...maybe that's more of a hyper, if so put a silloetthe of a crowd on the bottom of the screen to cheer or boo

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2014, 05:39:04 PM »
I'm liking that idea about the singing hyper. That's just about what I had in mind.

I was tossed between that idea (pressing commands in right order) or have a bunch of commands like Dance Revolution fly up/down the screen and those be projectiles that hit the opponent. Reason I thought of that was because, if I do the press in right order type, I'm not sure how that would ultimately lead to an attack. Would she sing then follow up with a projectile or something? That's my dilemma. :-/

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2014, 05:51:10 PM »
I thought it would start with a small burst and then if you did the whole thing right it would end in a full pyro technic show.  So basically she mj pepsi commercial's player 2

kinda like psylocke's butterfly hyper except with blast burst streams of light lasers.  think of the best concert you have been to and imagine that if you like me thought man it looks really dangerous with all that going on stage what would happen if someone got caught in that display.  if you seen kevin hart's latest stand up he made it shoot fire ever time he asked for it out of stage.

so you can use a combination of all that like falling stage equipment flames shoot out of the stage.  some guitarist playing solos laser shows the works in combination with her mutant powers.

you can transistion this with a curtain close and open or fade to black

watch the intro to JEM cartoon from the 80's to get a idea

Offline Loganir

• óia !!!!
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2014, 07:04:38 PM »
Nice ideas about this hyper and also liked that one using Dance Revolution as projectiles.

I currently have it coded where per each power level she has more sparkles appear around her body. I'm thinking of adding a glow effect for level 3. It's hard to think of a sound level bar for a fighting game, but I get what you mean.

Her sparkles dependent of power meter it's a nice add.

Actually I didn't mean literally a sound meter, there's no way to do this on mugen of course.

For the game that's why I mentioned sound like "sounds"... in other words, yes the impacts creating sounds in the fight. I just tought that would be cool some references of that unique Dazzler characteristic being powered by sounds.

But a sonic meter (or sound level) don't need to be something like that or dependent of this...

You could also make it different and create a move, or maybe her taunt where she could actually sing part of a song or a very high note to create these stocks.

This is something that works as example on Guilty Gear's Jam Kuradoberi,  there's a command (down, down) for stocking icon cards that increases her powers and combos. I dunno maybe a musical note icon for Dazzler would work instead of a meter too.

it's just suggestions, keep the good work! :)

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2014, 09:14:57 PM »
@Warecus - Hmm, that may work. I'll play around with what I have and see what works best gameplay wise. I've actually never heard of Jem before. I looked up some of their music. I'm thinking that might be a good fit for the singing hyper. I did want Dazzler's voice to actual be heard when singing.

@Loganir - Thanks. I may have her sing for the taunt. She doesn't have a taunt yet. It could raise her power bar or "sound" bar if I go that route.

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 07, 2023, 02:38:39 PM
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2014, 08:51:17 AM »
You could have her stun the enemy for a hyper and go into her old schools and dace and sing with light balls everywhere use this video i found on youtube for the song hahaha
]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIChyvsd8Wo
here is her history too
*Note Soon

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2014, 09:26:05 AM »
Twin, if you need ideas for her costumes, try to look here http://marvel-microheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Dazzler

that site has almost every costume each character had used over the years

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2014, 03:23:34 PM »
Small Update:
So for some random odd reason my Photoshop decides to stop working!? :(
It says I need to reactivate it again, but I've tried doing so via internet and phone. Both fail. :'(
So I'm going to have to learn to do all I need to do through GIMP till I get Photoshop resolved.

So I'm currently working on Dazzler's disco singing hyper and am also trying to finish up her basic attacks.
At this time I'm aiming for a MvC3 style basics (with four buttons). I know that's not the popular choice, but it's a good challenge for me to code and plan the character's gameplay.
I'm trying something different with her and Aquaman. That's not to say she won't be a 6 button character in the future. But for now I'm going for MvC3 style. Just so ya know... :P
Speaking of MvC3, are there any MUGEN characters coded to function like MvC3? I'm not aware of any at this time.

Anyway, when I get the time I'll eventually post some videos of my WIP's, they'll be like around 10 to 30 seconds, just to show off some stuff. Nothing too overly detailed.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 03:53:29 PM by Twinimage »

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2014, 03:53:26 PM »
Twin, there is a tool which removes the activation and reactivate it again. Or you can try some unistaller program (like the one in Active Care) which scans for registry entries of Photoshop. Until you remove it, you will still have problems with PS.

Offline DreamBrother

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 16, 2015, 05:34:26 PM
    • Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2014, 06:15:09 PM »
http://rellua.web.fc2.com/mugen.html
UMVC3 Sentinel can be found here. I believe there's other sentinels made MVC3 style.

Also isn't Acey's Haggar MVC3?

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2014, 10:57:09 PM »
http://rellua.web.fc2.com/mugen.html
UMVC3 Sentinel can be found here. I believe there's other sentinels made MVC3 style.

Also isn't Acey's Haggar MVC3?

Thanks for the link. I'll give that a look.

Haggar is 6 button layout, not 4. True MvC3 would be 4 button, focusing more so on just low, medium, strong attacks, rather than punches or kicks. Plus the fourth button should serve as a launcher when standing.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2014, 11:06:03 PM »
Twin, there is a tool which removes the activation and reactivate it again. Or you can try some unistaller program (like the one in Active Care) which scans for registry entries of Photoshop. Until you remove it, you will still have problems with PS.

I'll look into this. Will see what I can do to fix this.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar