collapse

Author Topic: C.R.O.M. The Game! World Heroes United!  (Read 11018 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
C.R.O.M. The Game! World Heroes United!
« on: January 08, 2012, 09:45:34 PM »
This is the second project from the CROM peeps and friends from around. ABR is still in works and progress in the lab. I am also making sure everything is a go and been told by Openbor lead coder /programmer Malik  that all is good and a go!

CROM The Game!

The year is 2012  and a rogue group of evil scum has surfaced to take over the world. Led by a mysterious figure and backed by wealthy underworld sydicates they plan to take over the world. They have made their presence known throughout the world taking over small and large countries areas and have established themselves in various locations across the globe. The world is under threat and a secret call goes out and only the C.R.O.M. Brotherhood and friends answers the call. Each member gifted with unique skills and abilities  have come together to take on this vile threat. Who is this mysterious leader that strikes fear upon the world ? Who can stop them? Only the C.R.O.M can! When you mess with one you mess with all of The C.R.O.M. Brotherhood! Suit up, gear up and fight on! Hail C.R.O.M.!

Basic combo moves ( series of punches and kicks  or how you want your character combo to look but must contain first button press hit frame and combo chaing frames when p1 makes contact only with p2 to start chaining the combo moves. 5 to 6 hit combo sequence)
walk
dash/run ( your choice)
Throw ( grapple move)
pickup item crouch sprite ( health)
jump
jump attack
special moves ( 3 ...1 melee)
get hit sprites
fall down sprites
Summon Booster sprites

CROM Booster move is an enemy clearing move ( only if you are spriting a CROM Booster character from the team that are not playable)

Stages and levels
------------------
13 total stages
3 levels a stage
----------------
enemies
---------
3 to 4 kinds of enemy drones per stage, 2 harder drones, 1 sub boss every level with 3rd level stage end boss
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Items
----
health in various portions to increase blood
various pickup weapons that expire after a time limit ( maybe but not yet decided)
Another feature i want to have implemented in the game is 1 players is player 1 and can pick an AI partner to tag along  with each being able to select 1 booster character per person. So you will pick a Booster character for yourself and your AI partners Booster as well.

Will be posting some of the various Playable characters that are made so far in sprites and Booster Characters as well with who is actually who. i will be working on 2 playable characters and 3 booster characters and sprite some enemies as i go. Anyone who wants to help out making enemy characters hit me up.

here is so far the details in who so far has their basic look of there characters for the game. Playable characters and Boosters characters.

Playable Characters
-----------------------

Lando

Manolostyle

Coryru

Mon-EL

Demonkai

Enso

More are getting done and coming!

Boosters
------------
Rage!

Gangsta Luxury ( GLux with tranforming Infinity Sword )

NX- MEN & CROM Vixen Helena ( car getting more details and name on side and animated)

Doom

update: Doom Booster animation is pretty much done so far. Fx now needed for move.  :thumbsup:

Magma Dragoon MK II

I.F.F. boosters

Jayden

More to come on Boosters as well.

We are as well looking for a cool screenpack designer to help out and give this project a nice shine to it.  ;D :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 08:46:03 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando (aka Trashcan Larry) »

Offline Axel Foley

• That Guy...
  • Infinity Deviant Artist
  • Last Login:January 31, 2022, 10:16:04 PM
  • (C.R.O.M. Intern)
Re: C.R.O.M. The Game!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 10:07:35 PM »
Oh this coming along quite nicely!  :thumbsup:

Offline wolviesam

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 06, 2012, 08:36:07 PM
  • C.R.O.M. rehab member.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 11:16:53 PM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

THIS IS THE BEST EVER FU"·%$KKK%%&AAA!!! NEWS MAN........... HAIL 2 C.R.O.M. MY FELLAS FINALLY!!  :o

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 12:06:52 AM »
If I make myself, can I be a booster?

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 12:12:27 AM »
If I sprite myself, I would with the CROM crew. Right? I remember you asked me about doing it before.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 12:25:34 AM »
seeing these reminds me i have to get to work...
and then remember how great bad i sprite

i feel like allot like trunks in dbz, its a fighting game and i'll be that weird long-haired guy with a sword
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 01:54:39 AM »
If I make myself, can I be a booster?
If I sprite myself, I would with the CROM crew. Right? I remember you asked me about doing it before.
Yes.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 09:45:08 PM »
sure bro Ralph you can be a Booster bro. since your doing your own character just keep in mind your area enemy damage move and come up with something cool. Most the characters we are having in the game are based on our self and or online personas. Like Glux has the Castle Crashers look and will use the Infinity Sword that has lightining area effect when he is called out and his short sword transforms when he raises it and says "Infinityyyyyy Swoooord! something like that. lol .
We do need some bars made up as well a cool screenpack maker for the project that can have what i think would be cool with having a character selection for the playable and when selected then you get to chose the 1 Booster for your character and you can select the Booster for your AI partner.

I have been tinkering with a Level boss idea in a sprite. some will be big and others hard normal size-ish. The end boss will be ...Large!  >:D . The main objective is to get from the start point and get to the final stage before moving on. at the end of each level to clear it you must storm the Enemy Bases to fight the level boss.

This is the idea i am having for the Norway stage boss. Militaristic of sorts for the end boss. but way much more work is being done  so not final product, just a sample . needs more details as i get the concept of his look and how he will try to fight against you.

after i figure it out and with ideas as well from the crew and people the next thing will be standard enemy characters for the stage. #:-S

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:59:13 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline Axel Foley

• That Guy...
  • Infinity Deviant Artist
  • Last Login:January 31, 2022, 10:16:04 PM
  • (C.R.O.M. Intern)
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 11:13:48 PM »
I know the Guile edit is just a placeholder for something more, but I just did this quick sketch of The Norwegian to provide Lando some inspiration.  :-??

(click to show/hide)

Offline DanOwnsall112

• Suporter of Mugen Evolution
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2016, 11:19:37 PM
  • OYAJI!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 11:34:51 PM »
Wait I'm confused, is this a full game?

"DAN NEVER DIES, HE JUST STOPS LIVING FOR A DAY!" - GatlingPunchRalf

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 12:07:08 AM »
Gangsta Luxury ( GLux with tranforming Infinity Sword )

The angle of my sword doesn't match the angle of my hilt, it looks like my sword is bent.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 09, 2024, 11:15:33 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 01:30:36 AM »
The angle of my sword doesn't match the angle of my hilt, it looks like my sword is bent.

should have kept it simple. Meet rage the naked red guy.  >:D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:26:41 AM by Rage »

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline wolviesam

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 06, 2012, 08:36:07 PM
  • C.R.O.M. rehab member.
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 01:48:49 AM »

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 02:06:00 AM »
Wait I'm confused, is this a full game?
Yeah.

Don't know if we mentioned it here, but if anyone wants to be in the game, from a booster character to a background cameo, let me or Lando know. The title may be CROM, but the game is a tribute to the Mugen community as a whole.

Also, should this be elsewhere? It's not a Mugen WIP, it's an Openbor WIP.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:26:01 AM by C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives! »

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 03:21:28 AM »
:D

When I first saw that Rage sprite, I thought he was Gaudemus for the ABR project; all started when I went to the CROM forum.

:DxDie

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 08:16:42 AM »
:D yeah i know. lol. i did that awhile back when i started the sprite . i havent updated the sprite yet. i am gonna actually fix the position of the hand to be upright so i can redraw the small sword and do the animation to turn it into the big Infinity Sword.

@ Enso..i know what ya mean . lol. actually gaudemus is gonna be far much taller and a more so fire being more than solid if i can nail the fx right in making him. maybe it will be me or someone else that sprites him.

@ Rage-  :D....well if you mean your sprite i actually do have one pre version before all the details  , he red with tights on. lol. actually i dont know if the red dude you use in your pic is Godlike red like that or wears pants cause all i got is just top portions so i improvised on the Godhood. ^:)^.   but yeah i added the Infinity Dagger in glux hand when i was trying to make one but imma redo the whole hand in a better position and redo the Dagger too.

@ Axel foley- bro that picture is beyond awesome bro! i see where i actually could use Guile foreal too for the Norwegian boss dude. I can crop his hair a bit more like your picture you drew. yeah plans for him are def rolling , i wanna add a Norway Flag on his arm like Guile has the USA flag, but it will be on just one arm. Belt with bullets holstered  and some other details. hey man any ideas you got definetly share them and see how to get the first boss popping right in his look.  i will be animating my character soon too , its my day off so on my days off i will be on both projects. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:25:43 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 09:24:17 AM »
Red Dude!? oh you mean...
Rage looks beautiful doesn't Rage.....

I have no legs in this photo. This is my fire form. fire spews from my abs like a rocket booster.

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 11:36:07 AM »
fire spews from my abs like a rocket booster.
I saw this and fell out of my chair laughing

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 11:54:24 AM »
Yeah.

Don't know if we mentioned it here, but if anyone wants to be in the game, from a booster character to a background cameo, let me or Lando know. The title may be CROM, but the game is a tribute to the Mugen community as a whole.

Also, should this be elsewhere? It's not a Mugen WIP, it's an Openbor WIP.

pff, I totally want to be in it! Just take Apollo Justice and give him glasses and you're good to go.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 12:56:51 PM »
Just found this thread. Looks good so far, good luck with it guys

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 01:42:07 PM »
pff, I totally want to be in it! Just take Apollo Justice and give him glasses and you're good to go.

Sure you can be in Acey as a Booster move. uhhh i dont have a sprite of Apollo justice ( you wanna make your character and move? lol) and i could tho for whatever cool move you come up with the animations i can find some cool fx for it . depending on what it is, cause Glux is using the Infinity Sword ...wait...you could too just with a different fx . hmm since he does the point thing something funny as heck can be done with that aside from being a Phoenix Wright type move . like when he points a huge hammer hits the group and knocks down all enemies. hmmmmm. lol

@ hypersonic - thanx man , this will be the first project out the gate from us then AB since its alot more to ABR and more people working on this project.

@ Rage....that has to be the most hilarious move! lmao. Flex abs and flamethrower fire shoots in all directions as he flexes in different positions..  :D :D...Godlike Rage!  :D

hahahah i found some gavels and hammers online and thought i just do a quick lil edit,. it needs work but ehh might be a cool idea to use for a Booster move i was sayin earlier.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:17:18 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline Enso

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 11:29:37 PM »
I have no legs in this photo. This is my fire form. fire spews from my abs like a rocket booster.
Oh. That could be a fusion between Pyron and Huitzil as a booster. No lower body part, but a transformation of anything including a rocket, sword, anchor, vehicle, flame sprayer :D, ship/boat, robot, etc. :O*D

Lando. What's a booster and what is it for? Isn't like the NPC (non-playable char) or something?

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 12:31:40 AM »
I saw this and fell out of my chair laughing
yeah I could have said lower torso but that sounded better  :thumbsup:

@ lando

The boosters could work like the assist in "maximal carnage" the video game. You find the booster icons hidden through our the stages. They can do many things besides attack. Some heal, protect, give objects like weapons, etc. some could even make routes through the stage easy to pass. Like creating a bridge like ice man does in x men one for sega genesis. Our some can lift you (Jean, x-men 1) to platforms that lead to alternate routes in the game. Maybe leading to a different outcome, different ending?.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 12:34:16 AM »

Lando. What's a booster and what is it for? Isn't like the NPC (non-playable char) or something?

A Booster is a character in game that yes isnt playable. The Booster is an enemy area damage character that when called out comes in and does an area effect move that can either kill lesser enemies and dish out great deal of damage to higher teir ones like harder enemies and bosses. what i think we will do is clarify the different Boosters by Team Affiliation. There will be CROM Boosters, Infinity Boosters and so on for those who do wanna be in game as those NPC's. only playable characters in game are CROM Members who want to be either that or can be a Booster only. Like Shadaloo has said , this is a project to give a tribute not to just us but the community we all come from since many of us are from various spots. :thumbsup:

Let me know if this is better Rage. lol. i bow before your Godness Rage! ^:)^

edit: i like that idea Rage! well i dont know on too much more implemention we gonna have in the game to keep production on it at a cool pace. we do have a few ideas for like health icons and such but to get those different pathways and such, need more stage makers. and plus to see if our bor coder can handle all that as well. Imma have him and me go through the style of the game cause i kinda liked the one posted :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRY2aVQMBdI&feature=player_embedded#at=61

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_qKsW16iMM&feature=player_embedded#
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:54:06 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2012, 02:15:45 AM »
 /:O :'( what did you do to my gorgeous body. Lol

Any how. I'm just tossing ideas out there. Sorry if I got carried away.  ;*))

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar