collapse

Author Topic: (Designer Wanted) Jean Grey v 3.4 update video  (Read 1338 times)

Offline Artemis

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 26, 2014, 11:19:19 AM
  • I'm the Phoenix!
(Designer Wanted) Jean Grey v 3.4 update video
« on: May 04, 2011, 11:13:39 AM »
Hello! First of all, thanks to aa250, for taking the trouble to debug the code!
This is the latest version of our char, with new updates:

- a dynamic intro: X men team, with 2 chars, one basic, whom Jean is addressed in dialog (Xavier, Rogue, Storm, Wolverine, etc.) and other who completed tertiary
(Jubilee, Psylocke, Beast, Cable, Firestar, and others will be added in future updates) as random.
-Psionics Firebirds moves (air, ground)
-Adjustments in the collision boxes hypers Memories of the past and Phoenix-Hyper
-New Hyper-Hyper Psionic Firebird
-Distribution of Jean movements in 3 movesets:

For pallete 7 (Cartoon Jean Grey) ; Call the x-men

For pallete 12 (Here comes tomorrow) : All the powers (like the previous versions)

moveset 1:  (palletes 1,8,9,10)          moveset 2: (pallete 2,7,11)                      moveset 3: (pallete  3,4,5,6)

-telekinetic attack                     -telekinetic attack                               -telekinetic attack
-phoenix tackle                         -phoenix tackle                                   -Psyblades
-telekinetic shield                     -Telekinetic Force                                -Telekinetic Force
-mind blast (ground)                    -Mind Blast (ground)                              -Mind Blast (ground)
-PSionic Firebirds in air               -mind bolt in air                                 -PSionic Firebirds in air
-Mind blast in air                      -Mind blast in air                                -Psionic Firebirds (Ground)

For pallete 7 (Cartoon Jean Grey) ; Call the x-men

For pallete 12 (Here comes tomorrow) : All the powers (like the previous versions)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zIJiYkZVRI#

Important: We request a sprite designer, who can work palettes and everything necessary, so as to unify styles (are seen three: mine
which is quite flat, that of Capcom, and the Comedy-haha) also have proposals for new attacks or moves,
because we want to finish this char as the best of 2011!
Then it takes several entertainment groups to Jean, who unfortunately do not give me time to do, for work and school.
If you wish to participate as a designer, please contact me and Femrril or send a sample of your work
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 03:06:47 AM by joancarlo »

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
Re: (Designer Wanted) Jean Grey v 3.4 update video
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 02:25:41 PM »
Can you please re-upload your image in .png format? We do not accept .jpg images here. Thank you! :thumbsup:

And I'm sure someone will be willing to help you with the sprite edits. It does look like she could use quite a bit more shading, especially around the legs.

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 02:42:05 PM »
Can you please re-upload your image in .png format? We do not accept .jpg images here. Thank you! :thumbsup:
It's not that we don't accept them. They just tend to make the image look crappy.  :(|)

Never been a big fan of the sprites on this one, really bright and lacking shading. Good luck with the redesign, guys.

Offline Artemis

• Initiate
  • I'm the Phoenix!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 03:11:37 AM »
Well, meanwhile, expect a proposal.

happen not to know the design techniques to design more effec and so far the work has been directly in the Fighter Factory

updated image .. Is this right?

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 01, 2024, 11:29:32 AM
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 05:12:02 AM »
 :D well, it's png, but...
ATiC3 told you to use png because artefacts in jpg making it low quality, messy so it needs redrawing. And you just saved that jpg image in png saving same low quality. You needed to save image in png from start, not converting to it.
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Artemis

• Initiate
  • I'm the Phoenix!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 12:12:04 PM »
This video is a call. Unfortunately I can not devote full time to design and barely manage to get some sprites in a very primitive. Moreover, perhaps not even manage to get to Firestar (shown in the video, in the intro to Jean), then just take what I post in forum forum. Because of work and study.
If someone wants to continue with that project, gladly gift to Firestar.

In this video, Jean is controlled by the CPU, to show Femrril work, Artificial Intelligence. Is still under development, but Jean Grey is a char and worthy of competing against other versions. Visually improved and no longer looks so much like Rogue ...

Quality made ​​with hands, not feet!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:50:40 AM by joancarlo »

Offline Artemis

• Initiate
  • I'm the Phoenix!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 02:56:52 PM »
This is the beta version 3.5. Sample of new hyper, under construction yet ... Jean says it is assumed that the opponent with his telekinesis, while his companions attack ...What suggestions could you give me?

Helper1-Cyclops
Helper2- Gambit/Jubilee
helper3- Iceman/Storm
Helper4- Colossus/Rogue
Helper5- Wolverine/Psylocke

GreetingS!

Offline jhfer

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 26, 2023, 07:10:09 PM
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 07:24:51 PM »
you would can add on her (I don´t know if you add it):
-psiquic attack : change p2 to dizzy state;
-telekinetik armor (hyper idea): she make tk energy around her body (like in dash sprites), increasing her strenght and defense, for some time;
- intros with classic costumes with her mental power (she change to actual costume, with the round´s start);
- telekicinetic slam: she throw far the oponent with one slap or another hand movement
-telekicinetic punch: she make TK energy around her hand (in a big hand format) and attack (maybe add it in TK armor hyper, idea);
- Telekicinetic Fury (hyper idea): she throw the opponent of one side to other, a lot of times; and finish with THROWING various HARD objects on him.

Offline B-5

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 02, 2022, 10:28:59 AM
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 01:49:45 PM »
Just wanna say something i noticed. You used a few of capcom's sprites of jean grey in the character. Why not try to edit your sprites to look more like those? Just a few shading corrections and the gloves and they will match. But just a suggestion.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 01:56:59 PM »
It looks really nice.

Although I have to say, and this is solely my opinion, I REALLY don't like how helper dependent Jean is. It makes her seem really weak, like she wouldn't stand a chance in a real fight by herself.

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 02:02:31 PM »
I think the helpers are only in a couple of the palettes though.   Other palettes won't have them at all.  Still I do agree with you that in the ones that they do appear she does look like she needs the entire X-Men team to win.

That aside, I'm loving the updates that are happening.  She's come a long way from the original Jean Grey Character.  Keep up the good work and I hope that you take your time with her so that she is perfected.

One more thing.. the hyper where all the X-men attack looks very off to me.   A lot of the time it looks like their attacks aren't even hitting the opponent.   I think it just looks unfinished.   Also, aside from get-hit animations, the opponent should be stationary (as they're being held telekinetically) .. yet the opponent jumps around a lot.  Look at the start of the hyper, then the middle and look where she ends up.. you'll see what I mean.  The Storm that was edited by Allucard is a good reference for you to look at for this type of hyper.   The opponents stay still (except for get-hits) and in one spot all through it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:12:26 PM by Tazzer »

Offline Artemis

• Initiate
  • I'm the Phoenix!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 01:07:22 AM »
It looks really nice.

Although I have to say, and this is solely my opinion, I REALLY don't like how helper dependent Jean is. It makes her seem really weak, like she wouldn't stand a chance in a real fight by herself.

is a bit difficult, as only so far, I'm learning to do things like adjust palettes, sprites of other partners and stuff ... however, do not rule.

Good news: it will replace Psyblades of Jean Grey, the other an attack Multihit in "astral mode" but according to the skills of Jean.Suggestions? Mmm I have in mind something like the attacks of Chizuru and Maki Kagura (KOF), but I do not want to make another foolish. so please think!

It looks really nice.

That attack, will be exclusive to a single pallet (number 7, the animated series of 90's).
I think the helpers are only in a couple of the palettes though.   Other palettes won't have them at all.  Still I do agree with you that in the ones that they do appear she does look like she needs the entire X-Men team to win.

That aside, I'm loving the updates that are happening.  She's come a long way from the original Jean Grey Character.  Keep up the good work and I hope that you take your time with her so that she is perfected.

One more thing.. the hyper where all the X-men attack looks very off to me.   A lot of the time it looks like their attacks aren't even hitting the opponent.   I think it just looks unfinished.   Also, aside from get-hit animations, the opponent should be stationary (as they're being held telekinetically) .. yet the opponent jumps around a lot.  Look at the start of the hyper, then the middle and look where she ends up.. you'll see what I mean.  The Storm that was edited by Allucard is a good reference for you to look at for this type of hyper.   The opponents stay still (except for get-hits) and in one spot all through it.

So, should start in a state of dizziness, and gradually be raised by telekinesis (the helpers would attack here), to be released after the telekinesis?
Indeed, the Storm by Allucard was a reference to this hyper, still under construction.

I am willing to make our version surpasses that of Kaos Legend (who wanted to participate from the beginning). however, the plan is the same: I just focused on telekinesis and telepathy by Jean. Phoenix, already being worked on by another team.

Thanks, thankS!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 [4]
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal