collapse

Author Topic: Super Nostalgia Wars  (Read 32986 times)

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
Re: Super Nostalgia Wars
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2011, 07:30:34 AM »
Cool! One thong it misses now - playable demo :D
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2011, 12:50:05 PM »
More work for this project and a new char: Summon Demon, which is alread finished.

Summon Demon comes from Tales of Phantasia series, its just a summon (a magic attack) with just one attack. But I've expanded it a bit more:

Video

I will release it soon.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »
Looks like he would be fun to beat. :thumbsup:
Great job! :w00t:

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline MDI

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 24, 2016, 05:38:22 AM
  • MiDSinister
    • MDI Mugen Mayhem
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2011, 10:30:37 PM »
I haven't tested it yet, but man that looks pretty awesome.
R.I.P. my Mugen heroes; Reuben Kee & Juan Carlos

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2011, 11:15:26 AM »
He reminds me of Wham Bam Rock and Balore!

Offline MDI

• MiDSinister
    • MDI Mugen Mayhem
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2011, 08:28:31 PM »
So it has come to my attention that people have noticed my lack of progress here.  :D

I'd like to state that apart from just not feeling like doing anything for the game lately, I've also been catching up on Mega Man X - Scrap Metal Arena as well as other creative projects which include a revamp of a website of mine. So I haven't been totally putting it off for the f' of it.

Also, I've been a tad annoyed over a small coding error which I was having with my boss characters' custom KO which I think I may have now solved thankfully.

Apologies for the lack of updates. More will come.

P.S. The other day I visited Spriter's Resource for some ideas on more content from the game, and apparently my browser reported some sort of virus on the website and I had to do a System Restore. Anyone else get any type of problem like this? I could have just had a totally unrelated virus altogether but I'm just curious.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2011, 01:00:52 PM »
Its normal, whenever someone have many projects or works, you always focus on one at time.
I work this way too, this is way I need to work in many projects, so I can just jump from one project to another when I get bored with something, because after many work, if I don't do this, I would end to get bored with the whole project.

plus, you have a new video of Elemental Dragon, which would be cool to show here:

As for me:

- I've released Summon Demon
- And since I've released the Megaman Powered Up beta, I will be back to this project with some new chars.
I need to finish Red Dragon.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2011, 01:26:54 PM »

/:O

This is F*ckin hot. been so caught up in my own thing didnt really check this out. Today i finally got curious. I watched the videos and this is definitely something i will download :O*D. I loved the snes. im a proud fan boy of that system and its games and i see a lot of FX and vibes are from that style. Great taste in music choices too. a lot im familiar with. So this is something i am really looking forward to playing. Great team up guys! :)

also..

@MDI: lol in that last video Sounds like some sound FX and visuals were taken from "Run Saber" also it seems too i just noticed^^
If it is what you it came from then thats awesome too. i want to see more from you & O. im big on nostalgic games

EDIT

:D I love it! Im just now realizing this video here and i see you got one of my fav tracks from Super Valis IV rockin 8). and i guess i was right about run saber. i see the chick doing her magic from the game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez0_t_FqFUQ&feature=player_embedded#

Good taste!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:39:45 PM by DeMoNk@I »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline MDI

• MiDSinister
    • MDI Mugen Mayhem
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2011, 04:30:53 PM »
Yessir.

I love Run Saber and you'll definitely be seeing more content from that game here. I've already made each stage from the game so far, which isn't too much considering the game only had like 5 or 6 stage.  :P
I'm also going to add more Super Valis IV content.

plus, you have a new video of Elemental Dragon, which would be cool to show here:

Unfortunately I didn't get to display the Thunder/Lightning strike attack in this match..so here is a .gif of it!

Aside from that, I'm thinking of making Blackthorne next. If any of you have played the game then you'll know that the gameplay is quite unique to 2d sidescrollers. His jumping isn't really used as an evasion technique, and is really just used for jumping from one platform to another, and he switches from having his gun equipped to not having it ready. So yeah, hes going to be a bit more complex then any of the other characters I've done so far, but he will be in for sure thanks to the awesome spritesheet contributed in this thread!

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2011, 04:47:55 PM »
Also, I've been a tad annoyed over a small coding error which I was having with my boss characters' custom KO which I think I may have now solved thankfully.

I've noticed this on some other chars too. Eric and Firebrand, If I can remember. The rounds doesnt ends.

Will you make Valis?

Offline MDI

• MiDSinister
    • MDI Mugen Mayhem
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2011, 06:39:12 PM »
Really? As I recall I didn't even put custom KOs for those two characters. I'll check it out though. The round not ending was in fact the problem I was dealing with though, for boss characters anyway.

As for the Valis IV content, I will in fact make the protaganist (Lena).
Just to get everyone up to date, here is a quick list of playable characters that I plan to create, in no particular order.

Blackthorne (Blackthorne, SNES)
Lena (Super Valis IV, SNES)
Fang (Contra Hard Corps, Genesis)
Kratos (God of War Betrayal, Mobile)
Cyclops (Spiderman X-Men : Arcade's Revenge, SNES)
Samus (Super Metroid, SNES)

And I don't want to jump too far ahead but there are more possibilities of other characters that can make it into this game, but for now I'm going to make sure these characters are created.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2011, 06:45:03 PM »
Yeah, some chars doens't die  (the round doesn't ends). God is perfect (got the pun? LOL) but that kick which spins doesnt die, as far as I remember

Lena (Super Valis IV, SNES)

Yeah, I remember I saw her and I would make her. But if I am not wrong, we decided to let you do her.

I do prefer to make bosses, they are hell cooler :)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2011, 02:19:51 AM »
Yessir.

I love Run Saber and you'll definitely be seeing more content from that game here. I've already made each stage from the game so far, which isn't too much considering the game only had like 5 or 6 stage.  :P

Groovey man!

well i dont know what is the legacy of your nostalgia wars and how far it will go in series

But if you do decide to do sequel in the future or have room for more music and
characters in this one perhaps then heres a pitch from me

YS3 (memorable rpg and music)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDGIImp520&feature=related#

and i dont think this game below will fit "this nostalgia wars version" but the music and characters would probably be something cool
to consider maybe in the sequel? This game here still has a hot @ss vibe to it. and the game is still fun. haha i currently use some of the BGM in my mugen stages

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2011, 06:14:48 AM »
DeMoNk@I, you see, if they'll put Adol in game he would be like hobbit among elves, his size is half-size of needed, only if custom sprites would be done by someone. There's a chance that Illu will like one or two bosses from game that much, that he make him, there less need in proportions, also stages have some chance to be there too, may be even bigger chance.
Ninja warriors again, yeah, liked it much! But if there something from game, that could appear it's stages, unles somebody will make custom sprites 1/2 sized.
Dunno about sequel, it'll be great when THIS one is done with all listed chars, it's probably to early to think about it :P
---
Just in case ripped those:

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:21:16 AM by ExeLord »

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2011, 09:41:06 AM »
There's a chance that Illu will like one or two bosses from game that much, that he make him,

From which game? YS3? Show me some suggestions. I love bosses

And its too early to talk about this, but I (if everything ends well) will have a good surprise for RPG fans (not for this project) :)

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2011, 10:15:33 AM »
Hmmm, in video DeMoNk@I posted on 3:51 (I like harpy, too, but she sadly shows lack of moves :( )
In this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C69hUDadeZo&feature=related#
First one, Garland isn't bad (1:18) and Galbalan (3:07). Others are (:|
---
Garland and Galbalan already ripped:

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2011, 12:04:05 PM »
@Exelod: yeh adol is pretty damn hobbit small man! lol i was just hoping maybe he would of gotten a sprite upgrade. but thats another story  :-j haha. and yeh the first form of Garland isnt too bad at all but the last parts of the video is quite (:| Harpy does have lack of moves. haha yeh i posted the video in general to maybe toss some more into the pot with YS3's vibe in general. Maybe you can use some tracks. monsters er somethin. but i see you already got Garland :P

I was going to mention the character sprite from Sword maniac (X kaliber 2097) for snes also before the YS3. The Characters got some wierd interesting designs in that game and the stages are cool. he wields a sword also. i liked run saber more than that game but for sprites you could probably experiment and use from there also :-??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g93aYa8K1XM&feature=related#

Yeh ninjawarriors i was saying maybe have those kind of characters, cyborgs and mutants or whatever in Nostagia wars 2 (if you guys do it). I see in this one its more mythical, gothic and sword & magic style having characters.

Great rips you did with the stages of ys3 too btw :)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2011, 01:01:29 PM »
I was going to mention the character sprite from Sword maniac (X kaliber 2097)

I think its too big, the chars need to have the height something close to Actraiser 2's God (the main char)

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2011, 01:32:12 PM »
Yep(and the game looks pretty boring, though hadn't played in it), but look at stage's bg in first part of video, that city is awesome! Shame on me for not seeing it before.
BTW, I hadn't played much in super valis, I played in valis 3 though, was a good game in my memories, will play it again and check if any villain worth of attention. (played a bit today and couldn't get those clumsy controls, how have I played it before?)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2011, 01:55:26 PM »
I think its too big, the chars need to have the height something close to Actraiser 2's God (the main char)

ah i see what you mean. i thought you guys resized stuff though but ok  8)

Yep(and the game looks pretty boring, though hadn't played in it), but look at stage's bg in first part of video, that city is awesome! Shame on me for not seeing it before.
BTW, I hadn't played much in super valis, I played in valis 3 though, was a good game in my memories, will play it again and check if any villain worth of attention. (played a bit today and couldn't get those clumsy controls, how have I played it before?)

yeh the game wasnt a fav of mine. and it was sh*tty hard. but the stages were pretty sweet to remember back then as a kid with the stages n all with the water. The american and japanese versions had totally different BGMS. if you liked stages like that then youll like the stages (or persay the last stage) in snes classic Cybernator ;).

Yeh Super Valis 4 i used to play a lot back then. The game was kinda short but the music was hella hot back then. well 3 stages IMO to be exact actually...

« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:07:50 AM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline MDI

• MiDSinister
    • MDI Mugen Mayhem
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2011, 05:00:18 PM »
(click to show/hide)

Wait..what is this from? Ys 3? Might be useable, either way.

As for content from that game, at the moment I won't say that I'll create anything from it just to avoid piling on any more characters and/or bosses to my to-do list, but as you said Ilu seems to enjoy creating bosses and I can see him doing one of those.  ^-^

Thanks for all the suggestions from various games, it is very helpful!

Edit:

Also, even though games like Sword Maniac have character sprites too large for this game, I can definitely see stages from that game making it into SNW. I'll look into it.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »
but as you said Ilu seems to enjoy creating bosses and I can see him doing one of those.

Yeah, I love to make bosses (in fact, is because I'm too lazy to make all the required states, lol).

I will take a look at those bosses. If there is any other boss suggestion, just drops me a line

Offline MDI

• MiDSinister
    • MDI Mugen Mayhem
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2011, 12:40:47 AM »
New video coming within the hour. ;)

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2011, 12:52:23 AM »
Yeah, a new cat video, lol

(sorry, I can't let that joke run away)

Offline MDI

• MiDSinister
    • MDI Mugen Mayhem
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2011, 01:02:24 AM »
Dude I upload videos of video games, promos with my friends, etc..and like ONE cat video since I've started working on this project and you guys get on me for it.   \-/o BAH!

Just for that, I should upload a new cat vid instead. Hahah.

Alright, here it is.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZdG_wol7yk[/youtube]

I know I said I'd probably work on Blackthorne first but I ended up making Cyclops beforehand instead.  :P
He is a very close-combat character, and also the first character I've created for this project who's super meter is constantly refilling, much like the characters in my Mega Man X - Scrap Metal Arena project.

I found this necessary because his projectiles are rapid-fire, therefore consuming the super bar much quicker.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:15:17 AM by MDI »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal