collapse

Author Topic: DekaMaster/Doggie Kruger  (Read 12404 times)

Offline xM.Ξ.†.Λ.L.G.Ξ.Λ.Rx™

• VIDEO ARTIST
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 27, 2010, 02:22:29 PM
  • -I AM MY OWN SELF-
    • Email
Re: DekaMaster/Doggie Kruger
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2007, 12:55:52 PM »
Dude awesome Character!!! Keep up the awesome work man!  8)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2007, 01:48:20 AM »
Hey TGM, what's the percentage of Shadow Ranger? Your wip just inspired me to start my own PR wip.
Blue Ranger.
I was going to do it about half a year ago. Although I had a lot of things I needed to do and ripping from the Sega Genesis is just a tad bit too hard so I'm using the first SNES game sprites (I already finished ripping a sprite sheet). I start school in a week so I'm going to get as much done as I possibly can with him. Good luck on your wip! Your custom sprites look really good!

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2007, 08:45:08 AM »
Embarrassingly, my status on DekaMaster isn't very high right now... it's about 4%

I have the stance, turn and crouching animations all done. I also have the sound file in good shape with many sounds from DekaRanger, although I assume I'll be adding a lot more.  Things have been so hectic latley I haven't had the time to sit down and sprite him. I hope that I'll be able to get back to it this week for sure... I at least arranged the sprites last night that I plan to use to make the walking animation.

Thanks for the praise on the spriting, and good luck with your WIP too ^_^.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2007, 08:49:21 AM »
do you remember the episode when he says
1.you defeated my rangers
2.you took my wife
3. then he slashes the enemy

i for got the episode but that would be a great hyper just a suggestion  :(|)

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2007, 08:54:50 AM »
2.you took my wife

Thanks for the idea, but I'm making the Japanese DekaRanger version ;). So, the voice clips I will be using are in Japanese, from Touksou Sentai DekaRanger.  He was a slightly different character than the US Comander Cruger. In DekaRanger, Doggie Kruger is actually unmarried (and has a thing for the head of science and technology at Dekabase, Swan-san.) They look quite different unmorphed as well.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2007, 09:03:10 AM »
2.you took my wife

Thanks for the idea, but I'm making the Japanese DekaRanger version ;). So, the voice clips I will be using are in Japanese, from Touksou Sentai DekaRanger.  He was a slightly different character than the US Comander Cruger. In DekaRanger, Doggie Kruger is actually unmarried (and has a thing for the head of science and technology at Dekabase, Swan-san.) They look quite different unmorphed as well.

i see thank you for your time

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Russian Gestapo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2018, 09:17:16 AM
  • I am teh Eggman.
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2007, 09:08:54 AM »
Embarrassingly, my status on DekaMaster isn't very high right now... it's about 4%

Hayato takes a long time to edit. He's surprisingly detailed.  ;)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2007, 09:15:37 AM »

I have the stance, turn and crouching animations all done. I also have the sound file in good shape with many sounds from DekaRanger, although I assume I'll be adding a lot more.  Things have been so hectic latley I haven't had the time to sit down and sprite him. I hope that I'll be able to get back to it this week for sure... I at least arranged the sprites last night that I plan to use to make the walking animation.

#:-S Well I just got done putting a lot hit sprites into Blue Ranger, I got all the basic stuff but I have to figure how to recode a run into a dash because the character being able to jog and run just looks weird. Since the game is a beat em up there are no block sprites so I had to photoshop two sprites to make him look like  he's blocking. I have a taunt in as well (him posing, which is also his win thingy). Making a character is hard work. Most stages are easier to create because a stage def is basically an air file. + I'm going to have to photoshop sprites of him getting hurt while crouching because I don't seem to know whether or not it is in the game, plus it's too late because I already built the sprite sheet. When I'm done with all that, I'm going to move on to making attacks, specials, then hypers, then intro's, make a few clns boxes (apparently some sprites don't have them thus making BR immortal), otherwise so far so good. I have a bit of ways to go, but I should be able to get out a beta release before school starts (6 days). If not then I don't know.  :(  I should be able to get a lot done though. I mean it took me 1 day to get this far...

Also TGM, if you need sounds for your wip, just let me know. I'm sure there's quite a few sentai fans on youtube that have episodes of the japanese spd uploaded.

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2007, 08:14:58 AM »

#:-S Well I just got done putting a lot hit sprites into Blue Ranger, I got all the basic stuff but I have to figure how to recode a run into a dash because the character being able to jog and run just looks weird. Since the game is a beat em up there are no block sprites so I had to photoshop two sprites to make him look like  he's blocking. I have a taunt in as well (him posing, which is also his win thingy). Making a character is hard work. Most stages are easier to create because a stage def is basically an air file. + I'm going to have to photoshop sprites of him getting hurt while crouching because I don't seem to know whether or not it is in the game, plus it's too late because I already built the sprite sheet. When I'm done with all that, I'm going to move on to making attacks, specials, then hypers, then intro's, make a few clns boxes (apparently some sprites don't have them thus making BR immortal), otherwise so far so good. I have a bit of ways to go, but I should be able to get out a beta release before school starts (6 days). If not then I don't know.  :(  I should be able to get a lot done though. I mean it took me 1 day to get this far...

Also TGM, if you need sounds for your wip, just let me know. I'm sure there's quite a few sentai fans on youtube that have episodes of the japanese spd uploaded.

I think one of the main things about taking a character is it takes a lot of time. I've found it's not hard, it just takes a lot of paitence in order to make one. Good luck.

About the sounds, I have it covered ^_~. A close friend of mine had saved all 50 episodes and specials of DekaRanger off of YouTube when they were up, and had provided me with the .flv files. It's very easy for me to extract the sound. I really appreciate your offer, though. ^_^.

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2007, 02:39:13 PM »
Here is a recovery post from the one that got wiped out with the recent forum difficulty:

I finally had finished DekaMaster's walk anim:

In addtion to that, I started playing around with sprites to create the  strikers. Here is the yellow ranger from DekaRanger, Jasmine "unmorphed":

I'm not too happy with the arms on this sprite atm, I really need to rework it so that she takes off the glove on the left hand. It's something I'll have to experiment with in the near future as I do more spriting work.

I've been organizing my baisis sprites to make the jump animation for DekaMaster next. I also plan to sprite at least one sprite each of Doggie's subordinates as test of how they should/will look, as well as one of Murphy and Swan-san. As you can all tell, I'll have a lot of work to do. Still, this is a character I'm very excited about, and I'm glad I have the chance to tackle this particular project.

Offline Scorpion

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 19, 2014, 07:28:44 PM
  • Law & Order : Scorpion Intent
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2007, 08:07:52 PM »
Whoa great job on him......Is he like going to have from other SPD Rangers? Like combo attack or health increases...

Nice work on him.

Offline Shibuyah

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 15, 2012, 06:44:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2007, 03:27:50 PM »
This is gonna be another great character!
Good luck!
Currently spriting TotW style:

Working on requests...I might list them later, when I can get things straightened out.

Current Mugen projects(I may need help, but hopefully I won't... ^ ^; ).
MVC Nakoruru
MVC Rimururu
Original character sorta based on Roll named Roll-alpha:will be MVC style.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2007, 01:25:32 PM »
Here is a recovery post from the one that got wiped out with the recent forum difficulty:

I finally had finished DekaMaster's walk anim:

Looks really good keep up the good job...still working on basics right?

In addtion to that, I started playing around with sprites to create the  strikers. Here is the yellow ranger from DekaRanger, Jasmine "unmorphed":

I'm not too happy with the arms on this sprite atm, I really need to rework it so that she takes off the glove on the left hand. It's something I'll have to experiment with in the near future as I do more spriting work.

I've been organizing my baisis sprites to make the jump animation for DekaMaster next. I also plan to sprite at least one sprite each of Doggie's subordinates as test of how they should/will look, as well as one of Murphy and Swan-san. As you can all tell, I'll have a lot of work to do. Still, this is a character I'm very excited about, and I'm glad I have the chance to tackle this particular project.
You used your Tifa´s sprites for her right???I noticied it because of the skirt and her legs...

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2007, 05:25:59 PM »

You used your Tifa´s sprites for her right???I noticied it because of the skirt and her legs...
[/quote]
yes he used tifa's sprite those legs are simply unique and the walk anim of dekamaster  looks cool for me

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2007, 06:14:21 PM »
Thnaks everyone for the continual comments  ;)

Actually, yes an no for my Tifa as the baisis for Jasmine..in a round-about way :-[. I actually just used the same baisis parts that I used to create my Tifa... CVC Yuri and Athena sprites. The skirt in this case was built from the bottom of Yuri's shirt. The face is Athena's. I'm not too surprised they turned out similar.. both Tifa and Jasmine have a similar look with hairstyle.

I was going to save this until I had one sprite each of the potential strikers done, but I'll share this with you all now:

Left to Right (Umeko, Tetsu, Hoji and Jasmine)

For Umeko, I basically just shorted parts of Jasmine's sprite and changed the arms. For Hoji I had used a sprite of CVS Kyo.. Then realized after it was done the pose would've worked better for Tetsu (it was his "Nonsense" pose...lol), so I built Tetsu off of him and then redid the arms of Hoji. I'll probably rework Hoji more in the future, as I'm basically just making these sprites to get a feel for how I want to go about spriting them.

You'll notice there has been some adjustments to Jasmine's outfit.. I fixed it so it looked more like the "star" effect the Uniform is supposed to have.

Now, I need to do at least one sprite each of Ban, Sen-chan, Murphy and Swan-san.

For the main part of the char (DekaMaster himself) I'm still trying to sprite the jump anim. I'm having some issues figuring out the angle of the '100' on the chest should be when he jumps. I may need to find a 3-D reference.

Edit: And now I've got the right Jasmine in the pic (I posted my old sprite in there by mistake...lol.)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 06:21:32 PM by The Great Matsutzu »

Offline A!

• Novice Coder
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 03, 2019, 06:10:28 PM
  • Don't Hate If You Cant Create
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2007, 07:55:19 PM »
i dont know what this character is but if your making it we know its gona be good
A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2007, 04:19:13 PM »
and the other rangers??

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2007, 05:52:38 PM »
and the other rangers??

I'm planning for them to be strikers or assits in hypers. That's my hope anyway. ;)

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2007, 05:56:39 PM »
I'm still thinking on a good charecter interaction
 8=|
I mean what could it possible be?

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2007, 05:00:13 AM »
 8=|

You mean interactions with other characters??

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2007, 07:11:43 PM »
yeah
but mostley against DekaMaster

« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2007, 05:02:08 PM »
Here is an angle test of DekaMaster's jump:

As of now, I have 2 sprites done for the jumping animation, and I hope to finish the rest of the jump's sprite set soon. I have since gotten a 3-D reference for DekaMaster, and tried to sprite the "100" on the chest to as close as posible for this angle from this reference. I hope I suceeded. The two zeroes kind of stick out from the costume (unlike the 1, which is embroidered on the chest with fabric--the zeroes are made of  metal material in comparison).

Offline Barrysun

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 10, 2011, 06:08:35 PM
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2007, 10:23:19 PM »
and the other rangers??

I'm planning for them to be strikers or assits in hypers. That's my hope anyway. ;)

cool. maybe make him a 4 buttom character and his other two buttons makes sole use as his strikers. (like how Green ranger summon the other rangers to assist him in battle)

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2007, 03:33:41 AM »
 8=|

OH I HAVE AN IDEA!!!!!!

If you made a Dekamaster....SPD Shadow Ranger (American Ver.)  instead you can have an interaction with Ermac's WIP Black Ranger, since that SPD Red Ranger is gonna Be a Striker you can Do some Kind of Interaction with The Striker and Black Ranger!!!   :)

Here's a VISUAL AID!!

Minus the Others...

You see. They Teamed up once Already!!!

Ermac's BlackRanger Thread: http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=4001.msg49876#msg49876

« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 03:55:37 AM by CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! »

« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2007, 07:35:14 AM »
Thanks, but I'd much, much rather make DekaMaster instead of Shadow Ranger. The Japanese DekaRanger version is the one I have interest in, and I'm spriting along those lines and already have more than half the voice clips from the Japanese show in (not to mention, the sprites I have done and am doing of Doggie and the Rangers in normal form would be rendered usless if I did that...).

It doesn't mean I can't make ineraction with those characters of some kind, but I'd rather not sway from the vision I have for the character (if that makes sense  :-[)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 07:51:36 AM by The Great Matsutzu »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar