collapse

Author Topic: DekaMaster/Doggie Kruger  (Read 12402 times)

Offline eSkRo

• Original Founder
  • IMT Founder
  • Last Login:August 06, 2019, 10:56:09 PM
Re: DekaMaster/Doggie Kruger
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 04:59:13 PM »
keep it up TGM!!! ;D

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 07:16:03 PM »
Thanks, Eskro. I'll be sure too. ;)

After today's working, I *think* I've finally got the stance/breathing anim where I want it. I actually shaved out a sprite from the animation that made him look like he was twitching. So now I'm moving to the next basic anim.. turning and crouching. I hoping that I'll have up through the run animation done by the end of the week, but if not I'm sure I'll get that much done by next week  ;).

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2007, 09:34:42 PM »
OMG Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger is my favorite Super Sentai of them all! This is beyond all limits of awesome! It's about to be Jugdement time, mugen style. Emergency, Dekaranger!
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Russian Gestapo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2018, 09:17:16 AM
  • I am teh Eggman.
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2007, 11:16:25 PM »
After today's working, I *think* I've finally got the stance/breathing anim where I want it. I actually shaved out a sprite from the animation that made him look like he was twitching.

I utterly sympathise. Back when I was using Hayato's sprites as a base for my Jack Sparrow's standing animation, finding the balance of timing/sprites was awkward. In the end I managed to get it to vaguely look as if he was swaying/breathing. Of course, with the new custom sprites he's standing completely different (he's drunk), so I don't have those problems any more. ;)

Is this the first project where your character's sprites are pretty much all on one base, or was it a similar process with Weregarurumon and Aeris?

Offline PBRTODD101

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 31, 2020, 04:40:04 PM
  • Dyro, my original character
    • Alshary's MUGEN Paradise
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2007, 11:22:59 PM »
I don't know what DekaMaster is, but he looks pretty sick.  Good luck!
my thoughts exactly

So are mine
My junky website is still online, if anyone's interested.

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 08:48:34 AM »

I utterly sympathise. Back when I was using Hayato's sprites as a base for my Jack Sparrow's standing animation, finding the balance of timing/sprites was awkward. In the end I managed to get it to vaguely look as if he was swaying/breathing. Of course, with the new custom sprites he's standing completely different (he's drunk), so I don't have those problems any more. ;)

Is this the first project where your character's sprites are pretty much all on one base, or was it a similar process with Weregarurumon and Aeris?

LOL. I agree. I didn't like the movement that Hayato's sprites had. I shaved most of them out, and made the breathing animation a lot simpler (DekaMaster shouldn't really be swaying--he always has a solid stance more or less in the show).

To answer your question--with WereGarurumon, yes, the process was very similar. The main source for movement was Terry Bogard (CVS). Wolf Claw and Garuru kick came from other sprite sets, though. However, Aeris was very different-- most of her animations are original--they are of a couple characters combined. Many are completley customized as well, such as her Healing Wind and Pulse of Life supers..

Offline Russian Gestapo

• Initiate
  • I am teh Eggman.
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2007, 09:35:02 AM »
To answer your question--with WereGarurumon, yes, the process was very similar. The main source for movement was Terry Bogard (CVS). Wolf Claw and Garuru kick came from other sprite sets, though. However, Aeris was very different-- most of her animations are original--they are of a couple characters combined. Many are completley customized as well, such as her Healing Wind and Pulse of Life supers..

I expect I'll be doing a similar thing with Jack - borrowing a move base here or a striker there. Thanks for the idea of using Ruby Heart as Elizabeth Swann, by the way. I'll probably try and do Will Turner as well (considering I doubt I'll ever make them as characters, so they'll do as strikers ;) ). Anyway, I must stop talking about my stuff! DekaMaster looks great, and doubtless the character will turn out with the high quality that you imbue in all your projects.  ;D

Offline desgrav

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 12, 2014, 12:38:04 AM
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2007, 12:37:04 PM »
Is that your final stance?
Need help with Chankast?
Come here: Login

Do you own a Dreamcast?
Come here: Login

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 02:52:55 PM »
@ Russian Gestapo: No problem. I'm glad you liked the idea for Elizabeth, I'm glad to be of help in that regard. And thank you for your kind words. ^_^.

Is that your final stance?

I think so. I know it's similar to Hayato's, but it just seems to fit the character well. Not to mention, the changes in stature and the idle animation look a lot different when on screen with Hayato, so at this point I see no reason to really change it...  ;)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 02:54:33 PM by The Great Matsutzu »

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 03:59:03 PM »
will you have any of his Dekaranger Comrades as Strikers?? :o

Offline Super Senseless Violent Man

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 20, 2009, 11:12:08 AM
  • Yep, into Kingdom Hearts now.
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 06:55:11 PM »
AWESOME I LOVE DOGGIE KRUGER!!! (sorry for the caps.)  :P
ONTOPIC:So what Doggie/Deka Master are you basing it on, also what voices Japanese or English? ???
Formely know as "Radical Rex, Optimus Prime, Sonniku, and Chuck Norris, Riku, but will always be know as Radical Rex!"
Sig by "TheLantern"
RiP-Reu-RiP-Danny

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 09:24:49 PM »
will you have any of his Dekaranger Comrades as Strikers?? :o

Probably.. I'll be expermenting with this as I get further along. I know for a fact that I will probably sprite and use Murphy the robot dog. The rest of the rangers I would like to incorporate as well--we'll see what I do here as I get further on this project.  ;)

ONTOPIC:So what Doggie/Deka Master are you basing it on, also what voices Japanese or English? ???
LOL, no problem! I'm definitley doing the Japanese version (as was my preferance. ;D). Actually, I just ripped out some sounds for him today from the episodes.--since I have so much source material, I have no shortage of sound clips.

Offline giammo84

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 09, 2011, 06:45:44 AM
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2007, 04:54:12 AM »
Nice!!! :o
Keep it up!!! ;)
I agree with you Orochi, I like it! :D

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 03:42:22 PM »
I currently have about half of the crouch animation done. I think I need to add a frame or 2 to make it the 'stand to crouch' anim look more fluent. The DekaMaster spriting is taking me a bit longer for each animation set than I had originally  hoped  :-[. I assume it's because of all the small detail I'm incorpriating. Hopefully this will show in the sprites of the finished version.

For a sneak peak, here is a screenshot of the actual crouching animation (It's stand to crouch that I really need to work with ;))

I've also now have several sounds from the show in the .snd file, including a ko scream, "Emergency DekaMaster!" line for the intro, and sound for a taunt.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 03:44:25 PM by The Great Matsutzu »

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2007, 04:26:44 PM »
that sounds great for an intro nice job

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Super Senseless Violent Man

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 20, 2009, 11:12:08 AM
  • Yep, into Kingdom Hearts now.
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2007, 09:00:31 PM »
LOL, no problem! I'm definitley doing the Japanese version (as was my preferance. ;D). Actually, I just ripped out some sounds for him today from the episodes.--since I have so much source material, I have no shortage of sound clips.
[/quote]

Cool man!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 11:30:06 PM by Optimus Prime »
Formely know as "Radical Rex, Optimus Prime, Sonniku, and Chuck Norris, Riku, but will always be know as Radical Rex!"
Sig by "TheLantern"
RiP-Reu-RiP-Danny

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2007, 09:59:14 PM »
DekaMaster Info
http://www.supersentai.com/database/2004_dekaranger/rg-doggie.html

SPD Shadow Ranger Info
http://www.rangercentral.com/prspd-rg-doggie.htm

for the people who don't get it
all for you TGM!
:P

Offline SPAN

• Contributor
  • Last Login:August 06, 2011, 07:29:40 PM
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2007, 07:15:58 PM »
Looking good TGM m8, MUGEN needs more unusual chars, not the normal stuff people make.

Great looking sprites as allways buddy!!

Kind REgards, SPAN...  :)

« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2007, 08:09:59 PM »
@ Negi --Thanks for posting the info links :). Of course, as you all know by now, the version I am making is the one in the first link--Chief Doggie "Boss" Kruger/DekaMaster from DekaRanger. The second link is his American counterpart Commander Cruger/Shadow Ranger.

@Span--Thanks. Actually, that's one goal I've always had--to make my absolute favorite characters. For the most part, I have very eclectic taste in chars, and some are not immediatley recognizable and thus are more obscure.

I have been slowly working on DekaMaster's sprites (they do, sadly, take some time for each frame as he's got a lot of detail). However, I am slowly making progress.

I have finally finished the crouch animation, and here are two shots of the animations I did today-- the stand and crouch turn:

I will say I did not like Hayato's turn animation for Doggie at all--it just seemed odd (Hayato's left hand covers his face in the turn, and I didn't like that effect). Thus, I created my own custom turn instead. If I have to, I still may tweak it in the future, but I hope it looks alright. ;)

Offline Russian Gestapo

• Initiate
  • I am teh Eggman.
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2007, 09:09:51 AM »
Looks a lot bloody better than the turns animations Hayato does. I think you made the right choice in not having his hand cover his face. ;)

Offline TehDemon

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 23, 2010, 09:04:44 PM
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2007, 04:04:03 PM »
lol fricken awesome power ranger character. Will one of his hypers/supers be a megazord? (correct me if he doesnt have a zord, I don't remember dekamaster much)
No, i'm not the DCvsMarvel beta tester named Demon, I'm "Teh"demon, and i'm much worse :P

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2007, 05:42:35 AM »
Shadow Ranger's costume is awesomeness!  ;D

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2007, 08:24:44 AM »
Looks a lot bloody better than the turns animations Hayato does. I think you made the right choice in not having his hand cover his face. ;)
Thanks! I just didn't care for that anim. Instead, I have doggie switch the sword from one hand to the other. (Of course, the 100 flips incorrectly b/c of the stance, but I've learned to live with it rather than double-side.)

lol fricken awesome power ranger character. Will one of his hypers/supers be a megazord? (correct me if he doesnt have a zord, I don't remember dekamaster much)

In DekaRanger, DekaMaster sometimes piloted DekaBase Robo--but this was exceedingly rare. DekaBase Robo is so big (DekaRanger Robo, the standard mecha the rangers normally use is half it's size) That it would be probably hard to sprite the thing in-scale to Doggie. So I think I may not utalize it.  :-[. Instead, I'll see what I can do about working as many of his comrades in as possible as strikers (hopefully I'll be able to convincingly sprite them... ;D)

Shadow Ranger's costume is awesomeness!  ;D
Agreed. One of the best designs I've seen for a ranger.

Offline kingoftheworld

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 26, 2012, 06:24:44 AM
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2007, 09:56:43 PM »
.......................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o and i was saying the episode of spd i watched today was good now i see him a wip!!! good luck on this dude.

Offline BioNuva

• Last Login:November 05, 2008, 11:16:03 AM
    • My Site as Triumph101
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2007, 05:39:20 PM »
Alright more power rangers for mugen

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar