collapse

Author Topic: Ryu [MvC Style]  (Read 3303 times)

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 16, 2008, 07:20:26 PM
Re: Ryu [MvC Style]
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 09:37:11 PM »
Why waste space with evil mode being separate? in mvc series he could do a command to change into it...
This is kind of what I meant. I would be cool if Ryu was able to switch mode in game.

eh.. idk.. maybe I'll have him transform into a dark form...  :-?? What do you think? I mean.. he turned into dark form in the SF Alpha animated movie... he didn't turn into evil ryu.. because he was trying to control it.. so turning into a dark mode would make more since...

This is very good.. I think we're generating some really good ideas for this char, and I thank you all for that.

dark form/evil ryu is the same thing i thought. i took it like evil ryu came out but didnt fully take control cuz ppl kept snapping him out of it...

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 11:28:50 PM »
that's dark ryu.. lol... because his skin didn't change fully, and neither did his clothes.. they were close.. that's why I may make a dark form...

Also, expect the first WIP video for my Ryu soon.  :thumbsup:

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2008, 05:29:08 AM »

evil ryu's skin doesnt change at all. its just a shadowy pallette or a different pallette.(only a pallete)  ;*))

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2008, 01:03:53 PM »
um.. you must not be talking about Evil Ryu.. because with all of the Evil Ryu's... the skin and clothes change..  :D

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2008, 01:36:09 PM »
maybe but i m sure atice won t disappoint me :P

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 01:52:06 PM »
Also, expect the first WIP video for my Ryu soon.  :thumbsup:

Much %%- %%- man.

>:-(-| : Are you still working no Chamelion? or is he on backburner status?

-"aPoC."

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2008, 02:27:23 PM »
its only the pallette used to make him look shadowy not to make him look like he gains a tan...you must pay attention to his default palletes. and the default pallete for evil ryu does not use a different skin color. only the alternating palletes use different skin colors. also giving him a downward fireball (regular special) would make him to akuma and vyn like. you should give him all the things that he's ever had in every game. ryudg is missing lots of ryu's moves so whatever you make wont come close to being the same as his so you dont have to worry bout that. and all the moves he's ever had are enuff. made up ones arent even needed. pots ryu has everything i think, you can make it like that for his respective modes and if its good enuff i may even delete pots ryu from my roster (i only use the evil version anyway... either way, you will fulfill alot cuz of the sprites alone so overall you would win...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 02:35:44 PM by shinra358 »

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2008, 03:15:01 PM »
To shinra358: I thank you for your comments, but I do feel you should research your theory, and open up all of the Evil Ryu's in Fighter Factory, and look to see that most of all of them only have dark skin palettes.. there are only a few that I know of that have not only dark skin palettes, but also the light skin palettes.. you may be only talking about a few Ryu's made for MUGEN.

Also, if you have a more detailed list of what moves you would like for him, PM me (just for regular Ryu & Dark Ryu right now...).

To aPoCaLyPsE: Thank for your comment, man! Yes, I am still working on Chameleon.. I'm kind of working on them both at the same time, but I'm trying to get Ryu's basic stuff out of the way first.. when the first WIP video for Ryu appears.. I'll start working on Chameleon, like I used to...

Thank you all for your comments, and I won't disappoint.

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2008, 05:34:21 PM »
yeah but that lil "dark skin" is not cuz he's tan, its becuz they wanted to make him appear more shadowed...

this looks tanned to you?: http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Evil_Ryu

ok ill start on the list

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2008, 05:48:42 PM »
 >:-(-| eh.. that picture doesn't look right... there's nothing evil about that picture.. must've posted in the wrong section...  8-} :-j

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/evilryu.html

In almost all of these pictures, he is at least has a little tan.. lol.. and his outfit is changed in basically all of them.. I think some of them show him going from dark form to evil form.

On topic: I'm considering of giving Ryu a dark mode... but I'm not sure how to code that... at all.. if anyone has any references to people who can code chars into turning into different forms.. then that'd be cool.. otherwise I may just think of a new way to put a dark form of Ryu in the char.

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2008, 06:09:01 PM »
tan != real tan

tan = shadowy representation

second set of pics on your link, only one is "tanned".
the 3rd and 5th in the first set arent "tanned"

PM sent by the way

btw i am good with transformations. the isuka code i made is the same. also there is another version on mugenguild code archive

Make him so that you can pick evil ryu by holding start and ingame make him have the ability to transform. but for the transform then youll prolly need palfx for that. i cant remember if it can be turned off and on or not. hmm what the hay, ill post it here too so others can see it...

RYU

SPECIALS:
*all have ex versions
Joudan Sokutou Geri
Hadouken (also in air)
Shakunetsu Hadouken
Shoryuken
Tatsumaki Senpukyaku: (also in air)
Tatsumaki SenpuuKyaku (Whirlwind Leg)(also in air)
    D, DB, B + K
    (Follow up with B + K up to 3 times) {sf ex, weaker like whirlwind kick} acts like fei longs rushing punch move... maybe the could be done with weak kick only.

HYPERS:
evil ryu transformation(f,d,b,ppp)
Denjin Hadouken(chargable)
Shinku Hadouken(also in air)
Shinku hadouken beam(also in air)
Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku(also in air)
Metsu Shoryuken (shin shoryuken)

EVIL RYU

NORMAL:
forward elbow attack

SPECIALS:
*all have ex versions
Hadouken(also in air)
Shakunetsu Hadouken
Shoryuken
Tatsumaki Senpukyaku(also in air)
Ashura Senku
Tatsumaki SenpuuKyaku (Whirlwind Leg)(also in air)
    D, DB, B + K
    (Follow up with B + K up to 3 times) {sf ex, weaker like whirlwind kick} acts like fei longs rushing punch move... maybe the could be done with medium kick only.

HYPERS:
regular ryu transformation (f,d,b,f,d,b ppp)
Denjin Hadouken(chargable)
Shungokusatsu
Mesoku Gou Shoryu
Shinku hadouken(also in air)ground chargable
Shinku hadouken beam(also in air)ground chargable. can move forward and back while charging ;)
Shunku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 06:18:05 PM by shinra358 »

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2008, 06:52:36 PM »
cmon guys admit the tan discussion is very funny XD, goin evil gives you an instant tan wow!! ill get pissed more often XD

neways, the dark ryu evil ryu doesnt make much sense to me since evil ryu doesnt exist either, in the actual story when ryu gains a "killer intent" he turns into what we know as evil ryu but thats just an unnacruate name given by USA capcom, theres no demons, possesions or actual super saijan transformations involved...

tough all that is unimportant, name and pallette are just a little detail that makes no big difference, tough im still curios about the "dg/umihei/gm" mix, that doesnt tell me much, what does it ttruly mena? as in system wise/movelist wise?? now that would tell us what to expect from this boy, neways good luck

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2008, 06:59:59 PM »
Well the "evil intent" is the force of power that corrupts his mind into what akuma's current mindstate is. (sorta like crack if someone uses it)(or like the apple from the garden of eden)

im not sure what u mean by "dg/umihei/gm" mix but mugen to me is like having a char that has everything that he's ever possessed. and to make 2 of the same chars slots for 1 char would waste space(like melty blood lol)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2008, 07:23:04 PM »
cmon guys admit the tan discussion is very funny XD, goin evil gives you an instant tan wow!! ill get pissed more often XD

neways, the dark ryu evil ryu doesnt make much sense to me since evil ryu doesnt exist either, in the actual story when ryu gains a "killer intent" he turns into what we know as evil ryu but thats just an unnacruate name given by USA capcom, theres no demons, possesions or actual super saijan transformations involved...

tough all that is unimportant, name and pallette are just a little detail that makes no big difference, tough im still curios about the "dg/umihei/gm" mix, that doesnt tell me much, what does it ttruly mena? as in system wise/movelist wise?? now that would tell us what to expect from this man, neways good luck

What I was saying before, was that I have never made a Ryu char before.. obviously.. and I didn't want to use the sf3 console game's Ryu as a reference for the basics and some of the special moves like the tatsumaki kicks, and etc. ... So, what I am doing is using DG's, Umihei's, and ESFAndy's Ryu's as a reference (not GM's) for my own Ryu.. like how fast the moves are performed, how far should he be hit back, where should the opponent be hit, high.. low... should he be tripped...?? Even though, I have used those 3 as a reference, I have implemented my own speeds, as well.

All will be revealed when the WIP video is up.. should be soon.. like I said..

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2008, 11:45:37 PM »
Ah ok that explains quite a bit tnx

Well the "evil intent" is the force of power that corrupts his mind into what akuma's current mindstate is. (sorta like crack if someone uses it)(or like the apple from the garden of eden)

again its not an "evil" intent, there is no evil force involved thats just capcom USA fault, ryu simply loses control and relases all his power without caring weather he kills his opponent or not (he wants to kill him most likely), also remember that "evil ryu" is not part of street fighter story (which from ur first replies here i think is what u are arguing) the evil ryu u see in sfa games is a "what if": what if ryu gave in to the killing intent but that never actually happened, the character is just to make fans happy with a baddy version of ryu, in the actual story i think ryu only snapped twice, once while fighting sagat and the other while fighting ken i believe?? not sure... the point is after sfa3 he fully controls himself and "evil ryu" doesnt exist

none of the street fighter animes, ovas or comic books are to be considered true canon btw, only the games

so evil ryu is just evil ryu losing his mind and hitting u with all he got, no "evil" or outer force of nature involved

eden apple couldnt be a better example since it was just a symbol of temptation and when eaten meant disobedience to god, the apple itself was nothing just like ryus "evil"
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 11:52:15 PM by vyn »

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2008, 12:56:38 AM »
 >:-(-| Um.. the Street Fighter movies.. Street Fighter Alpha.. Alpha Generations... those were based on the Street Fighter and Street Fighter Alpha games...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_Alpha:_The_Movie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_Alpha_Generations

I agree with you on the evil intent, though.. he built up his "killing" intent...

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/evilryu.html

I've done my research... lol...

On Topic: WIP video will again... come soon...  :thumbsup:

Offline vyn

• Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2008, 02:00:43 AM »
>:-(-| Um.. the Street Fighter movies.. Street Fighter Alpha.. Alpha Generations... those were based on the Street Fighter and Street Fighter Alpha games...

no way o_O, what i mean with them being non canon is that they do not belong to street fighter storyline, which is what i believe the guy is using as refference, if not talk as crazy as u wish, i mean in generations gouki is ryus father, plz...

wikipedia and fg XD, go deeper on ur research bro XD

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2008, 02:32:52 AM »
Honestly.. the street fighter storyline... well.. there really isn't any without the comics... and mainly the show & the movies.. I mean what's to follow in the games.. all they do is give endings...

Um.. more updates on Ryu will come tomorrow.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 03:05:59 AM by ATICE »

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2008, 11:27:14 PM »
Updated first post.

'Dark Form' may change into 'Killing Intent Form'...

A lot has been done, and quite a bit still needs to be worked on.

I know that I still need to work on the superjump, and the hurricane kick a little.

My video capturing device was acting a little slow today.. so.. yeah.. that's why it's kinda slow at some points.

Enjoy!
  :thumbsup:

Offline Luis/Dshiznet

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 16, 2009, 04:58:10 PM
  • Aaron-sama
    • My myspace
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2008, 11:39:11 PM »
very nice video man, i have a great idea for a new move and the hk hurricane kick:

for the hk hurricane kick, at the end the last kick sends p2 a wall push and knocks them back.
and for the new move a hurricane kick that goes diagonally in the air.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2008, 01:09:25 AM »
Good idea for the hk hurricane kick... um.. I don't really plan on messing with any of the hurricane kicks anymore.. other than the air ones, because I found a tiny glitch.. so.. that's about all I'm fixing with that.

Um.. so.. idk when the next WIP video will be... I'll probably make one after I finish a few hypers, and most likely after I get the dark mode finished, as well...

Offline Luis/Dshiznet

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 16, 2009, 04:58:10 PM
  • Aaron-sama
    • My myspace
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2008, 01:15:36 AM »
hmm? mind i if i code it in then send to you?ill need ur latest version tho.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2008, 02:02:57 AM »
hmm? mind i if i code it in then send to you?ill need ur latest version tho.

I don't usual say this.... but... yes, I do... because I don't want to mess with it anymore... sorry.. I just don't... I don't want anyone else messing with it either, because I've worked hard on fixing it after Scar made it... so.. no thanks. I don't really need help with that anymore.. Um.. if I do need more help, I'll let you know, though. Maybe you could help me code one of the hypers or something.. in case I get stuck.

I've started to work more on the combos, and they're going smoothly.. so.. I won't really post anymore updates on Ryu until I finish the combos 100%, most likely...

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2008, 10:48:53 PM »
I updated the first post... All combos are finished.

I'll post some more news next month...

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2008, 02:12:22 AM »
I updated the first post, again.

Regarding the Hypers; All of the sprites are done, all of the animations are done, and all that's left is the coding.

Estimated Release: August.

Also, the Dark Form and all of the Dark Form hypers will be released in a 1.5 Version Release. I'm not planning on changing this idea, because I think it's for the better.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 09:24:28 PM by ATICE »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar