collapse

Author Topic: Versus project  (Read 47474 times)

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 15, 2020, 01:18:02 PM
Re: Versus project
« Reply #250 on: May 22, 2016, 07:28:38 AM »
J.O.U test play

Watch On Deviant art for full 60FPS HERE http://ben187.deviantart.com/art/JOU-random-Test-Play-610496914

Contents
This video showcases a first look at J.O.U and his stage
-it also shows the new vs screen and original music

About J.O.U
Jou is intended to play as a counter hitter, he has best crouching/ whilst standing offensive tools in the game. So the player will find himself crouching a lot and waiting for opportunities to strike. He also has arguably the best jumping left kick in the game thus far with  extended range. He shares some of donald's moves but ultimately the 2 are very different. I also forgot to showcase some other moves as usual.

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #251 on: May 27, 2016, 03:23:39 PM »
Found a much better way of optimizing/indexing colours
Honestly wish I had figured this out much sooner instead of leaving it up to Fighter factory to "optimize".

Twilight- Firefly Colony stage
Animated ocean
Animated sun glare
Animated seagulls

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 16, 2024, 11:19:05 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #252 on: May 27, 2016, 07:03:13 PM »
Some of the older ones looks much different than their previous forms.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline LightFlare

• Mugen Soldier
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM
  • I must continue my training...
« Reply #253 on: May 27, 2016, 07:15:46 PM »
This is something serious. It's major bro. Nothing else on Mugen compares. I'm interested in Aya. A female traditional Muai-Tai Fighter...superb. Also Donald looks sinister...

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Offline Noside

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 20, 2020, 02:39:57 PM
  • A name means nothing on the battlefield
    • Email
« Reply #254 on: May 28, 2016, 01:30:02 PM »
Weaagghhh! I'm eager to play it!

Offline shastab24

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:31:10 AM
« Reply #255 on: May 28, 2016, 07:37:50 PM »
This project keeps making me think of how I want to do my characters (that being 3D rendering them and getting the sprites through posing).  So I've been wondering: what program do you use to do the renders?  I'd usually assume Blander, as it's the easiest to acquire, but you never know.

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #256 on: May 28, 2016, 10:18:29 PM »
This project keeps making me think of how I want to do my characters (that being 3D rendering them and getting the sprites through posing).  So I've been wondering: what program do you use to do the renders?  I'd usually assume Blander, as it's the easiest to acquire, but you never know.

I use autodesk maya. But the same principles should apply universally with other 3d software.

This is something serious. It's major bro. Nothing else on Mugen compares. I'm interested in Aya. A female traditional Muai-Tai Fighter...superb. Also Donald looks sinister...

haha thanks man  ^^(PM)^   Glad you like aya hitsumi, she is included in the demo release so you wont have to wait long to play her.

Some of the older ones looks much different than their previous forms.
Yes I have changed the appearance of some of these characters slightly.

Weaagghhh! I'm eager to play it!

soon ;)

Offline Noside

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #257 on: May 29, 2016, 12:10:00 PM »
I was checking your site and Donald's Bio is missing, I'm curious about him. :-SS

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #258 on: June 03, 2016, 08:21:28 PM »

I came up with an idea to get the community more involved in this project and at the same time fill out the roster. So here is the proposal..........

We figured it would be a great idea to feature some more characters developed by the community in our project. Specifically speaking we are in need of some big burly men characters. (Big man Archetypes) and would love to see some of your ideas. I don't mind you diverting from the archetype if you like, but that archetype would be preferable. You can consider this a competition if you like. We'll be eagerly awaiting your ideas and concepts! :thumbsup:

Guidelines
-humanoid (non-monstrous appearance)
-original concept

S.2.G ROSTER AS STANDS

MALE
--------------------
1.Kaonashi
2.kwang-min
3.The Red Coat
4.Papa duum
5.Master Tao
6.J.O.U
7.Sputnik -X
8. KFM
9.Donald
10.Shoryu (Takuma)
11.Daigo Yasui

FEMALE
--------------------
1.Sumiko (onna musha)
2.Kid Sumiko Murakami
3.Aya Yasui (Formerly hitsumi)
4.Major Mitsuko Yoshida
5.T.K.D girl
6.Adriel
7.Khutulan
8.Major Benisatou
9.Madam Woe
10.Xi-yun Zhang

TBC
1.Sputnik N.B.K
2. Khulan
3.Ms Fukasawa
4.Nozomi Murakami

Also another sprite update

I was checking your site and Donald's Bio is missing, I'm curious about him. :-SS

Yeah still finalizing his story and also in the process of getting written permission from Mc donalds.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:33:48 AM by S2G »

Offline shastab24

• Initiate
« Reply #259 on: June 03, 2016, 09:27:35 PM »
My primary burly character is female (she has Hulk-like powers).  Granted, her body looks male, but she's still female.  Of course, I'm still working to where I can actually get my characters truly started, so it may be a moot point for me anyways (I'm also wanting to see about modeling in my own art style, though I've tried a little of creating characters in MakeHuman--that doesn't have quite the library I would like, though, and creating them can take a lot of practice).

Just wanted to say, since you mention a burly character.

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #260 on: June 05, 2016, 05:59:49 PM »
NO-FACE/ Kaonashi artwork

WEBSITE UPDATES
http://strides2gloryvs.com/

My primary burly character is female (she has Hulk-like powers).  Granted, her body looks male, but she's still female.  Of course, I'm still working to where I can actually get my characters truly started, so it may be a moot point for me anyways (I'm also wanting to see about modeling in my own art style, though I've tried a little of creating characters in MakeHuman--that doesn't have quite the library I would like, though, and creating them can take a lot of practice).

Just wanted to say, since you mention a burly character.

I'm not really looking for anymore female muscular types we already have 2. I can't really help you with that program MakeHuman it's literally the first time I've heard of such a program. I recommend Autodesk Maya or 3ds max.

Offline shastab24

• Initiate
« Reply #261 on: June 05, 2016, 07:55:38 PM »
MakeHuman is made primarily for Blender, so that makes sense.  Overall, I do have a dream to create my own fighting game (maybe using the Blender game engine, maybe the Universal Fighting Engine or EF12--not MUGEN because the possibilities are more restricted due to the work not being able to be commercial), with the possibility of transferring characters over to MUGEN.

But yeah, the burly male characters I have are two giants, one man that can change his size (generally to also be giant-sized), a half-dragon man, and a villain whose design is inspired by Jack Kirby (a terrible drawing I did a few years ago--I'm better now, I swear--is below).
(click to show/hide)
He has his own difficulties in modeling due to that helmet, as well as the cape.  I also have a sprite edit I did of the half-dragon:

No good images of the others at the moment (well, it's debatable whether the Kirby-inspired villain is a good image, either).  Not that it means anything, anyways, as I don't think these characters fit your purview.

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #262 on: June 05, 2016, 10:26:09 PM »
@Shastab

I am fairly certain you can use mugen commercially, contacting elecbyte and paying for a license is one step and also this.....

(c) 1999-2013 Elecbyte 
Copyright expiration
After the period of copyright protection has expired, a work becomes available for use without permission from the copyright owner; it is said to be "in the public domain." Most works enter the public domain because their copyrights have expired.

A lot of people seem to forget that no game engine can be used commercially period. The unreal engine is the same. You will end up paying thousands for a commercial license. The same applies to any other engine.

The real issue is which engine best supports your needs.

;---In regard to those characters. Yeah they are not really suited for this project.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 12:23:48 AM by S2G »

Offline shastab24

• Initiate
« Reply #263 on: June 07, 2016, 01:02:04 AM »
Well, there are open source engines, which makes it easier (though still needing hoops to go through).  Elecbyte keeps going down and they don't like to keep in touch when they're up.

Also, MUGEN's copyright hasn't expired.  Their dates on their website simply seems to refer to (start year)-(then current year).  At least in the US, copyright for individuals is the life of the author + 70 years while corporate authorship is 120 years after creation or 95 years after publication, whichever is sooner.  Not sure if Elecbyte would fall under the corporate version, but even giving 70 years after MUGEN was created, we're nowhere near that.  The only way a copyright can expire before that time is if a copyright holder voluntarily relinquishes it.

Don't know what copyright is in other countries, though.  As a US citizen, I obviously keep more in mind of the laws of my own country, and they are most relevant to me.

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #264 on: June 07, 2016, 06:23:10 AM »
Then the only secure route is to purchase a mugen commercial license like AIDUZZI did. I have been thinking about doing the same for a while  before I move the project over to another engine like unreal. Either way I will end up paying a fee. I have already copyrighted my brand and paid for the name(including my website) http://strides2gloryvs.com/  So I am actually quite serious about this.

I'm not that familiar with too many other open source engines but I know the majority require commercial licenses or collect a royalty fee from your revenue.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 06:31:52 AM by S2G »

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 16, 2024, 11:19:05 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #265 on: June 07, 2016, 08:13:11 PM »
Wait! You're taking this to the Unreal engine?!
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #266 on: June 07, 2016, 09:45:34 PM »
Wait! You're taking this to the Unreal engine?!

Yes eventually after (if) I get hold of a mugen commercial license. I will be collaborating with a publisher using the unreal engine.

Offline Noside

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #267 on: June 11, 2016, 03:10:07 PM »
I can't wait to see...... :2

This is the one on your list right? (Takuma)

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #268 on: June 11, 2016, 05:32:33 PM »
@noside

Yeah but that is a really really old picture. He looks nothing like that anymore. That picture looks embarrassing now lol.

Offline Noside

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: June 11, 2016, 06:50:31 PM »
Yeah umm, I know this is old but, still looks cool haha, well, I can't wait to see your new upgraded one!

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
« Reply #270 on: June 11, 2016, 11:38:25 PM »
Just wanted to clarify, by using Unreal Engine you meant this project http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-project-unreal-fighter-2d-unreal-4-meets-mugen-codewise-update-05-09-2016-170837.0.html or just using UE as base with no relations to mugen engine?
Either way I'm lovin' this project and it many times got even better, when I didn't expected. Will be great to see ot completed on any engine :thumbsup:
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 01, 2024, 11:02:34 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: June 12, 2016, 10:50:04 AM »
Honestly wish I had figured this out much sooner instead of leaving it up to Fighter factory to "optimize".
Care to share with us?

About JOU stage, I think you could add some parallax on the ground.

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #272 on: June 13, 2016, 10:52:01 PM »
Care to share with us?

About JOU stage, I think you could add some parallax on the ground.

I index the colours in photoshop then I save as a pcx and import into FF and organize the palettes. This seems to correct the unattractive splodges especially on gradients.

-I suck at parallaxing unfortunately. I simply haven't read enough tutorials.

@EXELORD

thanks.  :Terry

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some Kaonashi/No face animations. He's pretty much battle ready at this point and has some really ridiculous potential.
(I'll fix any clipping in the animations eventually)

No-face whilst standing combo

Whilst standing step kick

« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 10:24:19 AM by S2G »

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #273 on: June 25, 2016, 02:10:34 PM »
UPDATES 25/6/16

Lifebars have been neaten up and the win icons changed.
Also J.O.U has a limited use of bombs as shown in the bomb counter

Title screen updated
Went for something simplistic plus a scrolling background of the roster.
Also the new soundtracks for the mainmenu/player select/next battle screens are up.
https://soundcloud.com/iet_music/sets

NO FACE/ KAONASHI EX-TRIGGER / DIVINE-TRIGGER
Rather than having a EX- move with super armor properties kaonashi can boost his moves by transforming into his Divine State. Moves done whilst holding "z" to initiate the EX-T are safe on block, deal more damage and have other unique hit properties

Offline I.E.T. Arcade

• Contributor
« Reply #274 on: July 03, 2016, 05:15:05 PM »

VISIT THE WEBSITE
http://strides2gloryvs.com/

Test Match
----------------

-New system implemented

-Unique attack counter
kaonashi has a limited use of his wind blades (X3)
J.O.U. has limited use of his bombs.(X5)

NO FACE/ KAONASHI EX-TRIGGER / DIVINE-TRIGGER
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rather than having a EX- move with super armor properties kaonashi can boost his moves by transforming into his Divine State. Moves done whilst holding "z" to initiate the EX-T are safe on block, deal more damage and have other unique hit properties
if you look closely his appearance also changes completely.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal