collapse

Author Topic: Flash Mugen Project Revival  (Read 6036 times)

Offline mon-el

• Voice pack guy, experinced spriter, and friend to all.
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:September 13, 2018, 04:25:46 PM
  • You just can't beat a classic.
Flash Mugen Project Revival
« on: April 12, 2016, 12:29:43 AM »
Hey guys, Mon-el here, I have a question I want to ask you guys.

A couple of years ago, Trexrell and I came up with the idea of creating a project that was similar to many batman Projects which surrounding the Flash and his Rogues Gallery:

Which you can all check out were the project first started here:
http://cavernofcreativity.com/Atlas/Forum-Heroes-and-Rogues
http://cavernofcreativity.com/Atlas/Forum-Flash-Project-General-Talk

The Roster consisted of Jay Garrick, which his sprites would get updated by me, Barry Allen by Trexrell, Slight updates, Wally West, By Trex or volunteer,  Kid Flash (Bart Allen) by Highgamer (Sprites and sounds updated by Volunteer) and Jesse Quick By C.R.O.M.Lando:

And then the rogues, Many who have not been made into mugen before or would get some major edits. Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, The Shade, Magenta, and Gorilla Grodd:

The main Boss at the end of the game would be my Current Wip, Professor Zoom:

And a possible Mini Game idea I came up with, is destroying as many Mirror Master Duplicates as you can in a cirten amount of time, the last one as time runs out, being the real one:

Would have to ask help on that (even if needed to commision).

But sense the Flash tv show has really gotten popular and made these characters stand out that a lot of people recognize them, I think it would be the perfect time to maybe kickstart this project back up and running (no pun intended).

Only problem is the lack of help. Let me know what you guys think of this project, and if you might be interested in it.

I know a screen pack would be needed, maybe some cool lifebars and superbars unique to Flash.

If it doesn't pick up steam, that's ok, I'll still try to continue with the projects I have like Professor Zoom. and Eventually Ben Reilly. Just a matter of time, which seems to get to all of us with real life stuff like our jobs, familys and whatnot.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:35:56 AM by mon-el »

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
Re: Flash Mugen Project Revival
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 01:11:57 AM »
The legendary Mon-el returns!

ya'll pay attention now and take up this great opportunity!

if I may suggest mate, I think having both Wally and Barry is a waste... I mean how different can they be? maybe do a Super Flash or whatever he turns into when fully powered by the Speed Force, you know what i mean?

Or make Wally the Kid Flash because if you are making Bart he is much better and cooler and original as Impulse!

Just some thoughts, wishing you luck and all the best!

Sj

Offline .black dragon.

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 10, 2024, 10:52:39 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 04:15:39 AM »
 :thumbsup: alright I will jump in this one and I will make a super villain slash hero his name is Heatwave

Offline mon-el

• Initiate
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 12:16:52 PM »
The legendary Mon-el returns!

ya'll pay attention now and take up this great opportunity!

if I may suggest mate, I think having both Wally and Barry is a waste... I mean how different can they be? maybe do a Super Flash or whatever he turns into when fully powered by the Speed Force, you know what i mean?

Or make Wally the Kid Flash because if you are making Bart he is much better and cooler and original as Impulse!

Just some thoughts, wishing you luck and all the best!

Sj

Yeah, I've been around, just moving a little slow, due to real life stuff. :P But I've got quite a bit accomplished on my Professor Zoom WIP, which you guys can all check out here:
http://crusadercast.com/cc-mugen-wip's/eobard-thawne-professor-zoom-wip!/

I had just finished his grab move (which replaces standard throw) and is inspired by a move Flash uses in Injustice:

You would be surprised  how different they are. Barry through his career was about finding unique ways to use his super speed differently. Wally on the other hand, as he discovered the speed force, was more or less learning ways to manipulating it (lending and stealing speed from others and objects, Vibrating through objects, but making them accidentally explode by doing so, making his and others suits, healing, and more).

Believe me, there's plenty of resources out there to get ideas to make each character play differently.

A Super Flash? Well, I had an idea, taken from an old Flash comic, were Barry was able to Merge together with Wally and Jay, for a split second by vibrating his molecules at super speed and combining together into one speedster with triple the speed and strength to take down Grodd. I call it "Speed Fusion". I thought it would make for a cool Hyper For Barry:

For Bart, yeah, I wouldn't mind him as Impulse either, I love Bart either way (just not Flash). Impulse would be funny, sense he's goofy and hyperactive as Impulse character. I just want a young Bart in either way.

Always here to listen for any good input. Thanks Superjoker, nice seeing you are still active my friend. :)

@Blackdragon- Heatwave could be used as a  character assist as part of a super or hyper for Captain Cold, Kinda want  the roster small as it is. That way it doesn't take away from your current wip.

Offline .black dragon.

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 10, 2024, 10:52:39 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 03:26:05 PM »
I really want to make heat wave but you really want Captain Cold alright and don't worry about crossbones I could do Captain cold but my hands are tied behind my back

:) I need to know is where to get a hood at do I use dr. Doom

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 12:29:06 PM »
Sorry for the bump, but I wanted to offer my services to this project. But not exactly in a way you'd expect (since I've retired from sprite work)

Some of you probably know that I've moved on to being a voice actor (a pretty good one if you don't mind my saying) and voice scout/director. So if you want I can not only voice a few characters, but also recruit some actors to voice the rest of the cast here. I think having fresh custom voice work for this project would help elevate it above other MUGEN projects that just resort to using clips ripped from games or movies.

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 02:57:35 PM »
sorry to bump the bump but I think you could do a mean reverse flash

Offline Z999

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:February 24, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 10:15:54 AM »
Dunno if that's any help, but if you see anything interesting in my sprites, feel free to use it/tweek it Mon-el.

Offline mon-el

• Initiate
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 10:43:15 AM »
@Hypersonic-

Yeah, I would love to use your vocal skills on the Flash project.

I would actually think you could do wonders for my Reverse Flash WIP:
http://crusadercast.com/cc-mugen-wip's/eobard-thawne-professor-zoom-wip!/

I think you would be able to capture the same essence of the character C. Thomas Howell had in Justice League: Flashpoint. I've even just came up with lines for his regular version and his CW Reverse Flash Version, for both you and Dukenukem:

Interactive Quotes with other characters-
Quote against JSA Flash: (by Mon-el)
Intro-
"You were the one who started this all Mr Garrick, But I will be the one to end it."
Winquote-
"Your running days were done a long time ago old man.

Quote against Wally West: (By Sic Graphics)
Intro-
"Do you think by putting on a red suit, and calling your self Flash, that u stand a chance against me?."

Winquote-
"If Barry wasn't fast enough to stop me, what made you think you could?"

Quote against Kid Flash: (By Highgamer)
Intro-
"You are a disgrace to my bloodline, and I will erase you from exsistance!"

Winquote-
"You were a fool to think an novice speedster such as your self could beat me.

Intro to Barry Allen: (By Trexrell)
Intro-
"People will remember this day, when The Flash Legacy fell.

Winquote-
"Looks like you couldn't save everyone Barry, not even your dear mother."

Various Intros:
1. "Try to keep up"
2."You lost this battle before it began."

Various Winquote:
1."You should know by now that history can't be changed."
2. "For every positive, there is a negative"

Various Taunts:
1."Your time is running out"
2."No one can keep up with me fool!"

CW Flash Pallet Quotes-

Intro-
1. It is your destiny to lose to me.
2. You're going to have to catch me, if you think you have a chance of stopping me.

winquote-
1.Our race is not yet done, see you soon.
2. My goals are beyond your understanding

Taunt-
1. I'm not like the Flash at all, some would say I'm the reverse.
2. You know you can't win, you're just not fast enough.

@Z999-

That is a generous offer and thank you. But I haven't really gotten any one interested into helping out with the project. It's ok, I understand. People either have their own characters to work on, or don't have the time. So I'm just going to focus my attention on the Professor here and see where I go from there.

Offline mon-el

• Initiate
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »
An old topic I know, but I wanted to show off a few things.

One, the final concept for my updated Jay Garrick in terms of sprite revamp:

He'll also get 2 new hypers to replace the Legacy of Flash hyper and the Corruption of Cobalt Blue.

He might also get a Smart pallet, depends if I want to go all out for him (which I might, he was my first character and I want to do him justice).

[side note] I know Navs wanted me to have a design similar to Primeop's, but I was very happy with the sprite combinations I came up with Jay here, so I'm going to stick with them, just fix them up resize and repolish. Still respect your opinion though.

Also, I wanted to show off these custom made Lifebars that a friend of mine made (who wishes to remain anonymouse at this time till it's complete):

Also, the status of Professor Zoom, he is still in the process of being coded, so I'll keep you up to date on his release.

Hope you guys like these designs.

;)

Offline shags2dope

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 16, 2021, 04:55:58 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 02:15:11 AM »
So glad to see this is still going. One of my fav things about mugen before my break (college) was all the great DC wips, and was kinda bummed that alot of them seemed to just die off. So its a breathe of fresh air to see more DC in mugen. Patiently awaiting that Zoom, and cannot wait to get an update of Garrick. Are there still plans for more villains that aren't speedsters....shade or cold?

Either way keep up the excellent work. Also the lifebars are BOSSSS

Offline mon-el

• Initiate
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 11:58:13 AM »
So glad to see this is still going. One of my fav things about mugen before my break (college) was all the great DC wips, and was kinda bummed that alot of them seemed to just die off. So its a breathe of fresh air to see more DC in mugen. Patiently awaiting that Zoom, and cannot wait to get an update of Garrick. Are there still plans for more villains that aren't speedsters....shade or cold?

Either way keep up the excellent work. Also the lifebars are BOSSSS

I haven't gotten anyone interested in the project, so for now, I'm flying solo. And currently, I'm working on a new wip, The Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly), with a side of Jay.

So I would love to see Shade or Cold done, and would offer a unique game play that most people in mugen probably don't have.

Glad to see someone's got an interest in my projects.

;)

Offline shags2dope

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 16, 2021, 04:55:58 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 12:08:06 PM »
Im assuming this Ben Riley, is gonna be all new moves (from what i have seen of your Dr. Fate, zoom and Jay they will be cool) and not just a spriteswap of spidey like the other one in mugen. Well you have a fan in me, cant wait to see more of your work, and add them to the roster

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 04:16:53 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 10:51:43 AM »
mon-el, your Jay Garrick's lightning is not properly aligned with the rest of his body.

The lifebars, I have to say, are "flasshy". LOL :D
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline mon-el

• Initiate
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 11:26:49 AM »
mon-el, your Jay Garrick's lightning is not properly aligned with the rest of his body.

The lifebars, I have to say, are "flasshy". LOL :D

I knew someone was going to make that joke eventually.  :D

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2017, 09:10:18 AM »
Nice lifebars man!!! They are good for the game!!  :thumbsup:

Also I like the revumped Jay however I think his breathing doesnt have to enlarge so much the thunder in his chest!! Maybe the thunder doesnt need the black lines as well :)

Just my 2 cents!! :)

Also, how whip is going with Zoom coding?

Offline mon-el

• Initiate
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2017, 01:47:15 PM »
Nice lifebars man!!! They are good for the game!!  :thumbsup:

Also I like the revumped Jay however I think his breathing doesnt have to enlarge so much the thunder in his chest!! Maybe the thunder doesnt need the black lines as well :)

Just my 2 cents!! :)

Also, how whip is going with Zoom coding?

Thanks, I know the guy who made them was pretty enthusiastic about making them and loved how they came out.

The black outline around the lightning bolt, I've seen it drawn with and without, so I figured I'd make a smart pallet to go with Jay, so he can have it with, in this modern colored outfit, then without it, in brighter colors for a classic pre-silver age look, and then with, for a Hunter Zolomon style Jay Garrick outfit, and many other pallets after that (Rival, reverse Jay android, and such).

The Coding situation is still in affect, Whiplash just finished his intro's and winquotes. All that's left to code is his grab, specials, and hypers. It's been slow for him cause of School, but after working on 3 characters, I've learned to be patient with coders.

;)

Offline NX-MEN

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:January 06, 2019, 11:31:38 AM
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 11:07:31 AM »
Good to hear that man!!  :thumbsup:

Offline Shadow_p3

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 30, 2022, 08:33:01 PM
  • There are enough heroes... is time for some chaos
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2017, 11:32:56 PM »
I haven't gotten anyone interested in the project, so for now, I'm flying solo. And currently, I'm working on a new wip, The Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly), with a side of Jay.

So I would love to see Shade or Cold done, and would offer a unique game play that most people in mugen probably don't have.

Glad to see someone's got an interest in my projects.

;)

To know that the shade is probably on work is the best thing. As you may notice for my signature I'm a fan of Richard Swift.

Congrats for your work. The best of the lucks.

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista