collapse

Author Topic: Martial arts moves wiki?  (Read 455 times)

Offline shastab24

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:31:10 AM
Martial arts moves wiki?
« on: December 02, 2023, 02:31:15 AM »
I was thinking, as I look more into the idea that I might create my own character for MUGEN, IKEMEN, or wherever, that it would be nice to have a central place where people can go to for visual reference for martial arts moves.  I'm specifically thinking for the normal moves, not the special moves.  Basically, it could be on a place like Fandom and have moves classified by martial art(s) in which they're featured, and what type of attack it would be classified as (example: high kick, low punch, etc.), as well as sprites/screenshots of all phases of the move in question.  This is so people can more accurately create characters who fit their canonical fighting style (like if you wanted to create Sherlock Holmes, he would be able to be shown using bartitsu, like his original stories say he does--well, they say "baritsu", but I'm going off what was likely intended).

I know not all fighting styles are featured in fighting games (that would be a lot to go with), but there are a few.  And it could be a way to give people access to more representations than people may be used to, if people decide to make their own sprites (or screenshots if they're from the same side view angle) from depictions of moves not seen in the games of yet.  As well, people could have a better resource to distinguish between styles that get confused (such as showing that the real fighting style of shotokan and the fictional fighting style of ansatsuken are not the same).

Would people be interested in contributing to such a wiki?  And what should such a thing be called?  "Martial Arts Move Reference for Fighting Games" is quite too long for a wiki title, after all.

I'm still going to try to get such a wiki started at some point, but thought I'd try to get the input and possible involvement from people who actually might have an interest in such a thing.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal