collapse

Author Topic: ProjectX Bug Thread  (Read 11141 times)

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
Re: ProjectX Bug Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2010, 08:00:07 PM »
emma frosts clone move the clone goes outside of the stage.

Post Merge: December 13, 2010, 08:09:12 PM
rouge cannot do magic series.

Post Merge: December 13, 2010, 08:12:09 PM
bishop cannot do magic series either

namor also cannot do magic series.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:17:07 PM by Yung Kratos »
(click to show/hide)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2010, 08:12:30 PM »
emma frosts clone move the clone goes outside of the stage.

Post Merge: December 13, 2010, 08:09:12 PM
rouge cannot do magic series.

Isn't she a Tank? She should only be able to do a proper Magic Series if she's an Agile.

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »
magic series?
what you guys are talking about?

btw, thanks so much novasod for your tests.
will not fix it to next chars releases, because im tired of mugen... but will check all later for XSC update.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2010, 08:23:09 PM »
Isn't she a Tank? She should only be able to do a proper Magic Series if she's an Agile.
no magic series has always been something thats available to all characters even juggernaut and hulk. some chars cannot do all 6 hits but chaining between both kicks and punches is available which is the problem in this case. the magic series-less chars can chan either punches OR kicks not both which i would guess is a mistake in coding.

Also if were talking vs series rouge is one of the best rushdown chars in vs. with lots of mobility.
(click to show/hide)

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2010, 08:25:39 PM »
man its not a capcom game.... and we dont have hulk here, check gameplay thread.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2010, 08:29:53 PM »
magic series is vs style chaining lp x lk x mp x mk x hp or hk lighter always goes to heavier and you cant chain kicks into punches of the same strength example lp x lk works but lk x lp will not.

man its not a capcom game.... and we dont have hulk here, check gameplay thread.

i understand its not a capcom but if its got magic series and some chars magic series isnt working correctly it would be a bug to report amirite?

Post Merge: December 13, 2010, 08:40:15 PM
quick silver has a infinite hold forward press mp
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:40:15 PM by Yung Kratos »
(click to show/hide)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2010, 08:49:17 PM »
Look, if it's bothering you so much, just think of it as 'chains' instead of a 'magic series'. Two different things. Problem solved. (Or go a play VS game.)

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2010, 08:51:02 PM »
i understand its not a capcom but if its got magic series and some chars magic series isnt working correctly it would be a bug to report amirite?
no really, tanks cant do that, because juggernaut making a 10hits combos is really weird - if you are a comics fan.
so he cant do that, but he can do same damage with 3 hits.... then game still ballanced... at movelist you can check your char gameplay.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2010, 10:06:51 PM »
bishop cannot do magic series either

I'm just saying, I can get him to do it pretty easily.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2010, 10:20:01 PM »
ok so let me get this clarification then. If under the command list your listed under tank you should not be able to do magic series. If so the only bug is that omega red does have access to magic series. and emma while in tank mode has acess to it as well. whip are you chaining kicks and punches together? im only able to chain either kicks or punches like tanks do.

Post Merge: December 13, 2010, 10:24:10 PM
ok found another infinite with emma if you hold forward and press lp as fast as you can but delay it so that the backhand animation doesnt come out you get an infinite.
(click to show/hide)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2010, 10:36:22 PM »
whip are you chaining kicks and punches together? im only able to chain either kicks or punches like tanks do.

Mostly. I only have trouble doing it standing, but Crouching and in the air no problem, which is odd.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2010, 11:02:11 PM »
Strong Guy:
1.When the foe is downed completely,Guido can followup with multiple C.LK's and C.MK's.
2.If Guido's launched and comes down without the foe jumping after him, Guido will not be able to airguard against a second launcher before hitting the ground.
3.After Launcher; it's kind of hard for him to chain those Air Normals together.
4.After his 'Incoming!' special, Guido can juggle with the right techniques, especially if the foe winds up in a corner.
5.After his 'Blanka Envy' special, he can follow-up with additional attacks, including (but not limited to) S.MP and 'Incoming'! (I don't think it'll work he does 'Blank Envy' right up close though, considering that 'Blanka Envy' goes straight up after striking in that case.)
6.If the opponent guards against his 'Touchdown!' Super, he'll automatically perform his throw, which the opponent won't be able to evade. (I think.)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:35:00 PM by novasod »

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2010, 11:14:44 PM »
while testing bishop combos i found you could get cr. short into itself 6 times. nut anywho on the cathedral stage i was seeing how many i could get in a row in the corner i fell through the strage. by pressing jump i managed to get back on the map.

also @ whip crouching i could get jab x short but after that i could only continue with the kick chain not the full set of options.

Strong Guy:
1.When foe is downed completely,Guido can follow-up multiple C.LK's and C.MK's.

i see alot of these posted by you, are these otgs states your reporting do they look natural or glitched Ive noticed some moves almost cause intentional floor bounce and have a set number of hits. like icemans st fierce and mystiques acrobatic attack. I mean zvitor correct me if im wrong but i think OTG is an intentional part of the game.
(click to show/hide)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2010, 11:25:19 PM »
while testing bishop combos i found you could get cr. short into itself 6 times. nut anywho on the cathedral stage i was seeing how many i could get in a row in the corner i fell through the strage. by pressing jump i managed to get back on the map.

also @ whip crouching i could get jab x short but after that i could only continue with the kick chain not the full set of options.

Well what do you mean by that? I can go C. Jab followed by all the crouching kicks, thought the hard kick is hard to chain, it is possible.

I'm not sure what you mean by options,(as in into launcher?) but I see why you say he can't do it, he can just [/]sorta[/I] do it.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2010, 11:27:15 PM »
I mean zvitor correct me if im wrong but i think OTG is an intentional part of the game.

If it is, then you should only be able to do either one C.LK, or one C.MK; not multiple ones, and not a mix of both either. (Balance and all that.) Your thoughts Zivitor?

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2010, 11:42:06 PM »
what i mean is other options is he cant go from short back to either strong or fierce or go from strong to either forward or roundhouse you can only do either sets of chains not go in between them. With the exception of jab then the kick chain. I also just noticed that rouges crouching combos feel like links lol.
(click to show/hide)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2010, 12:21:45 AM »
Nightcrawler:
1.Can self-chain C.MP at least seven times.
2.Agile characters are supposed to have the lowest damage ratio, yes? So why is his damage ratio higher then Cyclops? Seriously, it's unfair; Nightcrawler not only does he deal out more damage, but he's faster, and has more damage chains. He should really be doing less damage then Cyclops, as befits his speed, agility, and comboability.
3.Same 'On ground follow with crouch attack' thing...
4.Like Namor and Strong Guy before him, he can be hit by a second launcher on his way down from being launched without the opponent jumping after him.
5.Can self-chain S.MP two times. (Three if you're moving forward whilst doing it.)
6.Increase the speed and damage of Nightcrawler's S.MP. S.MK is faster, has a bit more range, does a bit more damage, and is actually comboable from Air Normals, whereas S.MP isn't. All of this makes S.MP sort of worthless compared to S.MK, with the only redeeming factor being still usable in chain combos. To sum it up, Nightcralwer's S.MP needs improvement.
7.If either of his throws wind up with the opponent in the corner, he can juggle with the right timing and techniques.
8.Not sure if this is a bug, but I'll put it out there anyway; During his 'You will not enjoy this...' Super, between strikes 3 and 4 on the combo-counter, Kurt bamfs upwards to either the left or right side depending on what side you started the Super, and...does nothing. He just sort of bamfs there, moves his knee a bit without really attacking, and then bamfs away, for no good reason. But, this doesn't hamper the move at all. I'm just wondering if that's a bug, or if the 'Bamf of Nothing' was intentional.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 12:38:33 AM by novasod »

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2010, 12:27:17 AM »
that is comming more fast then i thought, plz guys continue.
in next days i should release mystique, wolverine and sabretooth, so plz test this first, and maybe i fix some critical thing before release.

If it is, then you should only be able to do either one C.LK, or one C.MK; not multiple ones, and not a mix of both either. (Balance and all that.) Your thoughts Zivitor?
i didnt tested this floor attacks doing multiple hits, actually i didnt looked for infinity combos too, that will be really useful.
i will do that, only one attack to enemys at floor.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2010, 12:31:27 AM »

i will do that, only one attack to enemys at floor.

well maybe you can work it out so that some characters can relaunch out of an otg since your gonna be tweaking that. Relaunches are teh bizness
(click to show/hide)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2010, 12:41:59 AM »
well maybe you can work it out so that some characters can relaunch out of an otg since your gonna be tweaking that. Relaunches are teh bizness

If you're talking about Launching from a OTG followup, remember balance; something like that might not contribute much to it/balance; think about the damage total for no cost of meter that could come out of that. But if that's not what you were talking about, then sorry for misunderstanding you.

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2010, 12:58:42 AM »
you guys tink i should remove or keep the c.lk/c.mk hitting enemy at floor?

(what mean otg???)

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2010, 01:02:05 AM »
otg means off the ground like floor bounce wall bounce combos. I agree that there should only be one otg hit per combo but after that you can continue your combo via juggle or relaunch. i mean unless theres no scaling or plans to add scaling then relaunches arent gonna do anything but be cool  :cool
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2010, 01:03:39 AM »
you guys tink i should remove or keep the c.lk/c.mk hitting enemy at floor?

sure, as long as they're not infinites, what's the harm.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2010, 01:07:06 AM »
Decided i was gonna focus on wolverine since zvitor is on a schedule

first thing i found was that you can link your jab x short chain for a loop in the corner its much harder to do than the other infinite s and loops as it is a link not a cancel. so far ive got 21 hits.

Post Merge: December 14, 2010, 01:16:40 AM
ok im dumb i just realized that dive kick was qcf standing not jumping i thought it was deleted. lol
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 01:16:40 AM by Yung Kratos »
(click to show/hide)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2010, 01:17:49 AM »
sure, as long as they're not infinites, what's the harm.

Having the gameplay focus more on the combos then other stuff, that's what. Think about it; someone like, say, Nightcrawler, could do a C.LP, C.LK, C.MP, C.MK, C.HK, (downs the foe,) then when the foe is downed, C.LK, C.MP, C.MK, C.HP, (launcher), and then all 6 Air Normals in succession. Seriously, if that doesn't sound like a recipe for high damage for no meter to you, trust me, it's worse then it sounds in that case. Just a one-hit follow-up is fine, but anything more then that, well, one thing leads to another, and before you know it, the above can happen.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal