collapse

Author Topic: Non-Canon Megaman Robot Masters  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 27, 2024, 09:49:23 PM
    • Email
Re: Non-Canon Megaman Robot Masters
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 06:46:56 PM »
Whats wrong with the main story games? really all this talk about this is ridiculous. MM&B2 was knocked a few years back cause its no cannon. which was stated above.  There are so many character so why default to broken or non cannon games?

I wish someone would lock this thread. This topic happened few years back and its LONG PAST ITS WELCOME. The rules are set for the project. Just like the standard rule of imt. if you want to be apart of this then then follow other wise peace.

if you want to do the characters  of those games then DO IT! You can always put them in your own game. All characters and screen pack will receive separate releases anyways.

If I would have known that, I wouldn't have started this. And it's really not that big of a deal.
There is nothing wrong with the main-story games at all. This topic is not ridiculous at all. It's not as if anyone is arguing over who's gonna be in the game. And I'm not gonna be apart from this at all. I didn't think you'd react like this, Rage; I figured you'd be a little more cool about it.
If this topic is gonna be locked, let it be locked. I personally find the discussion in this thread awesome.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 11:59:10 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 08:59:59 PM »
If I would have known that, I wouldn't have started this. And it's really not that big of a deal.
There is nothing wrong with the main-story games at all. This topic is not ridiculous at all. It's not as if anyone is arguing over who's gonna be in the game. And I'm not gonna be apart from this at all. I didn't think you'd react like this, Rage; I figured you'd be a little more cool about it.
If this topic is gonna be locked, let it be locked. I personally find the discussion in this thread awesome.
Maybe i was a bit rash with my wording. But you have to understand all this this type of content been discussed all ready. that being cannon, non cannon, and fan art. Maybe you where not here when the project first started and we had similar questions. Im personally am very stern about remaining to true to the story line as possible when creating. If you haven't noticed that already.

The MM background is set and it pretty decent story with no ending. Which is cool when making these characters you can say how they grow or grown within reason. As long as it doesn't mess with their past or go against there personality.  Thats why when it comes to the power sets that stuff is cool. Tho i been downing almost every creator and will continue too. Because i would rather perfer them to use their own power in different ways then it was intended for verity. Yeah i know im one to talk since im doing MM type characters that steal powers but i got some secrets im working toward that are not MM types and will not borrow any powers.

The MM&B2, MMpc, MMpc3 contain game elements stolen from other games. The later of the two i mention stole level and rm designs. Capcoms name is on all those products but because of there quality there in no mention or use of any elements from these games. tho that is debatable cause there in no info on why the licensed games are not cannon. tho MM&B2 was mentioned in R20 Rockman & Rockman X Official Complete Works its still not cannon and did i say it lacks quality.

Last ...WHAT!? its been stated time and time again that after the games initial release that many of the characters would be available for DL unless the author releases them earlier, later, etc. The screen pack is already is available tho i think it may have been updated.

Im surprised noone is doing legends or zero (1-4, Advent/ ZX) series characters

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2012, 06:26:32 AM »
The MM&B2, MMpc, MMpc3 contain game elements stolen from other games. The later of the two i mention stole level and rm designs. Capcoms name is on all those products but because of there quality there in no mention or use of any elements from these games. tho that is debatable cause there in no info on why the licensed games are not cannon. tho MM&B2 was mentioned in R20 Rockman & Rockman X Official Complete Works its still not cannon and did i say it lacks quality.
While I can understand that, there is one error in your statement: You say, that MM&B2 stole stuff, without mentioning, that MM&B1 stole stuff as well. If you go that way and say, that MM&B2 robots will not appear because of stealing stuff, then the MM&B robots shouldn't be there as well. Also, I doubt, that Capcom would tell us lies about the cannonity of their own games. :D
I was never a fan of the MMZ series, but MMZX chars would be interesting.
Also, I doubt, there would be any MegaMan Legends chars, until Maitake finally allows us to use his Rock Volnutt...

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 11:59:10 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2012, 02:21:38 PM »
While I can understand that, there is one error in your statement: You say, that MM&B2 stole stuff, without mentioning, that MM&B1 stole stuff as well. If you go that way and say, that MM&B2 robots will not appear because of stealing stuff, then the MM&B robots shouldn't be there as well. Also, I doubt, that Capcom would tell us lies about the cannonity of their own games. :D I was never a fan of the MMZ series, but MMZX chars would be interesting.
Also, I doubt, there would be any MegaMan Legends chars, until Maitake finally allows us to use his Rock Volnutt...
This is all i have to say and im done here. Cant talk about MM&B. Ive only played 1-9, gb games and the power up games. MM&B2 same deal but i researched it to hell cause of argument that took place doing the early development of Quint. As for its not being featured i was told was told because its not cannon. Now this statement is contradicted in my Quint thread however with R-shadow but that may have been to stop the arguing and pest.

Fact remain with 1-10, power ups, x series (including Command mission) Z series, Legends why default to a game that was deemed sub-par and not part of the continuum? I havent even heard anyone say the famous line, "My favorite RM is in this game"

Good Day

Rage 

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 05:05:47 PM »
Maybe i was a bit rash with my wording. But you have to understand all this this type of content been discussed all ready. that being cannon, non cannon, and fan art. Maybe you where not here when the project first started and we had similar questions. Im personally am very stern about remaining to true to the story line as possible when creating. If you haven't noticed that already.

The MM background is set and it pretty decent story with no ending. Which is cool when making these characters you can say how they grow or grown within reason. As long as it doesn't mess with their past or go against there personality.  Thats why when it comes to the power sets that stuff is cool. Tho i been downing almost every creator and will continue too. Because i would rather perfer them to use their own power in different ways then it was intended for verity. Yeah i know im one to talk since im doing MM type characters that steal powers but i got some secrets im working toward that are not MM types and will not borrow any powers.

Last ...WHAT!? its been stated time and time again that after the games initial release that many of the characters would be available for DL unless the author releases them earlier, later, etc. The screen pack is already is available tho i think it may have been updated.

Whew.  #:-S
I thought you were really upset. I find it respectable that you are true to the series, and I am too. I love and respect the classic games way more than the non-canon ones. I just wanted to see what everyone thought, and my intentions did not fail. And I like the characters you're working on.
So unique. I want them!

While I can understand that, there is one error in your statement: You say, that MM&B2 stole stuff, without mentioning, that MM&B1 stole stuff as well. If you go that way and say, that MM&B2 robots will not appear because of stealing stuff, then the MM&B robots shouldn't be there as well. Also, I doubt, that Capcom would tell us lies about the cannonity of their own games. :D I was never a fan of the MMZ series, but MMZX chars would be interesting.

The whole stealing thing, especially in MM&B, is okay, I guess. The RMs in that game are original, so they can all appear. And I don't care much for MMZ.

Offline M. Satoshy X

• Editing the metools! : D and I is difficult to fix the chest of guts!
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2020, 11:04:42 PM
  • Gattsu-Gattsu!!!
    • http://mastersatoshyx.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2012, 08:19:53 PM »
Rockman Strategy is a  game that was officially licensed by Capcom, Inc. and created by Dreams Come True.  The Constellation Droids should be in this project, They're cool!! Well for the story of the Constellation Droids is not far!

"It is the year 2016, shortly after the events of Rockman & Forte: Challenger From The Future. Just when everyone thought peace had finally settled on the world, a strange series of biological events started to occur. The world was shocked by a series of earthquakes and, concurrently, plants throughout the world began to die. As news reports began to flood televisions across the globe about these catastrophes, the infamous Dr. Wily made an appearance on TV, shocking the world. He announced that he was behind these events and that, unless the populace cooperate and give in to his demands, the world was doomed.

However, little did everyone know that Dr. Wily was being forced to cooperate with a group of invaders from space who called themselves the Constellation Droids. These powerful Robot Masters, all named after the twelve signs of the Zodiac (except for their leaders Luna and Apollo), had taken over Wily's lab and forced the evil scientist to cooperate with them under threat of death.

Dr. Light, renowned robotics engineer and pacifist, once again called on Mega Man to go after the powerful Constellation Droids and the evil Dr. Wily. However, Duo, a member of the Intergalactic Police Force who had helped Mega Man during the "evil energy crisis," returned to Earth to assist with the take-down of the Constellation Droids..."

Extracted from Capcom database: http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Rockman_Strategy

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »
I say go for the non canon chars;. This could bring more unique chars to the roster;

Plus, I have an idea for a non-canon char, but its secret yet :)

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 09:40:12 PM »
Huh. It would be really cool to see them. In the end, when it comes to the actual release, it's up to Laspacho.  ::salute::

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2012, 05:39:06 AM »
I say go for the non canon chars;. This could bring more unique chars to the roster;

Plus, I have an idea for a non-canon char, but its secret yet :)
Yeah, that would be great, if the RobotMasters from MM&B2, some of the ConstellationDroids from RockMan Strategy or even someone from Archie's MegaMan comics would be playable or, at least, have SOME sort of appearance in this project (e.g. in a hyper or in a stage)...

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2012, 08:38:00 AM »
And we have come full circle! The whole topic is about if they were featured in stages or hypers.

Offline waluigimaster

• Miscellaneous creation
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:December 24, 2012, 02:51:20 PM
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2012, 12:59:38 PM »
Even if the RM&F2 RMs are a no as characters, I still think they should get some sort of appearance in a stage. We should really have a stage in symphony city with all those RMs there watching the fight or something. They're really good and original, and they deserve at least some attention.
(I'm really not used to having signatures to be honest)

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 09:52:18 AM »
I don't mind these non-canon characters appearing as strikers or in stages. As full characters, I just think they shouldn't be the main focus.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista