collapse

Author Topic: The Guyver  (Read 4709 times)

Offline Odin787

• Unit 01
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:October 21, 2018, 12:48:39 AM
    • My deviant Art
    • Email
The Guyver
« on: January 13, 2013, 05:52:57 PM »

Hey Guys I'm back and this time to stay, I want to apologize for not being able to do updates on the previous time I made a WIP thread and it has been a long time but I had to deal with personal stuff as well as finish my Bachelor's degree which is important but anyways I'm here to post the only WIP that I'm working on at the moment as to take it one step at a time.

I had lost all my previous sprites of this wip (minus the stance sprite) and decided to do it from scratch on a more smaller scale as to do this a lot faster and be compatible to other mugen characters and that character is The Guyver, I know that there is already one out there but it's quality is bit bad in my opinion so I wanted to make my own version of him since he is one of my favorite Manga/anime characters of all time, he will be a 6 buttons character with specials, super moves and a desperation move, anyways here is the first batch pf sprites, more to come tomorrow:

Additionally once I have finished this character I will make him open source for anybody to use if desired, as long as they credit the original creator of course.

here is an old version of him for comparison as well

On an additional note to clarify I add the "in development" text on top of the animation to signify that the animation is not finished yet, I'm planing to make this character open source in the first place so if people are going to use it i would prefer when I think I have done the best that i could with each sprite.

Alternate Colors

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:08:02 AM by Odin787 »

"An artist's responsibility is to be irresponsible. As soon as you start to think about social or political responsibility, you've amputated the best limbs you've got as an artist. You are plugging into a very restrictive system that is going to push and mold you, and is going to make your art totally useless and ineffective." --David Cronenberg

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: The Guyver
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 07:42:02 PM »
sh*t man those sprites look killer. haha i can imagine the sh*t me or infinite can do with something like that lol

That has to be a dramatic character entirely. Im a Guyver fan myself

anyway good luck on the project. i will be keeping a watchful eye on this as it progresses
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Odin787

• Unit 01
  • Initiate
    • My deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 07:49:02 PM »
Much appreciated man, I will post more sprites tomorrow as well as updates on the current ones based on the feedback I'm getting from other sites as this one, also keep up the good work with your terry.  :Terry

Edit:
Ok, as promised here is another update on the Guyver sprites, here I fixed the crouching animations and added the way Sho will look before Transforming,  the text has been removed since I think these sprites are as good as I could make them but feedback is still welcomed.

EDIT 2:
Not much of an update but oh well, here are so far the alternate colors that Guyver 1 will have, the ones from Warrior Guyver C to Crimson are colors of Fan Made characters, mine included (Epsilon) hope you like it and if you want to contribute on the Alternate colors feel free to post your own. :)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:10:24 AM by Odin787 »
"An artist's responsibility is to be irresponsible. As soon as you start to think about social or political responsibility, you've amputated the best limbs you've got as an artist. You are plugging into a very restrictive system that is going to push and mold you, and is going to make your art totally useless and ineffective." --David Cronenberg

Offline MatreroG

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 10:19:24 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 08:08:30 PM »
 :o
Really great sprites!

Keep working, and showing this incredible stuff  =D>

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 09:08:44 PM »
* WALKS IN THREAD AND SEE'S..THE GUYVER!" PASSES OUT! DUDE , THIS IS WIN RIGHT HERE BRO! I AM AS WELL A HUGE GUYVER FAN AND I LOVED THE MOVIE VERSION , ESPECIALLY PART 2.  :w00t:

definitley looking forward to this character! i had the other one and this one def is a much needed improventment over the other in sprites cause they seemed so faded and or blurred. Keep this dude rockin man! :thumbsup: ::salute::

off topic.. might have to hit you up in pm about something as well.  :thumbsup:

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 10:11:46 PM »
Looking good  :thumbsup:

If this works out, will you make Guyver 3?

Offline Odin787

• Unit 01
  • Initiate
    • My deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 10:17:30 PM »
* WALKS IN THREAD AND SEE'S..THE GUYVER!" PASSES OUT! DUDE , THIS IS WIN RIGHT HERE BRO! I AM AS WELL A HUGE GUYVER FAN AND I LOVED THE MOVIE VERSION , ESPECIALLY PART 2.  :w00t:

definitley looking forward to this character! i had the other one and this one def is a much needed improventment over the other in sprites cause they seemed so faded and or blurred. Keep this dude rockin man! :thumbsup: ::salute::

off topic.. might have to hit you up in pm about something as well.  :thumbsup:
I'm glad you like it. :)

Looking good  :thumbsup:

If this works out, will you make Guyver 3?

Actually I'm working on him as well as Aptom but for a Fan game project that I started for the purpose of supporting the series in another forum that focuses on the guyver series since it is still ongoing, I may eventually bring him to mugen as well although Aptom is a more likely candidate cause Guyver 3 has the same powers as Guyver 1 which will require me to be a bit more creative on how to not make him just a clone of 01. :)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 10:20:42 PM »
Well if you got sprites of G3 ide like to check them out, he was my favorate looking Guyver model.

Offline Odin787

• Unit 01
  • Initiate
    • My deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 10:25:27 PM »
I only have a few sketches right now, not spriting him at the moment since I have only been working with Guyver 01 but since you asked I will work on his sprite tomorrow and show it to you here. :)

EDIT: Meh...I was not able to sleep so I just went on ahead and did guyver 3 sprite so here is the sprite with the quick sketch I just did to show more or less how I will make him, enjoy:

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 01:17:10 AM by Odin787 »

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »
Very Nice  :thumbsup: ^^(PM)^

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 05:01:03 PM »
I only have a few sketches right now, not spriting him at the moment since I have only been working with Guyver 01 but since you asked I will work on his sprite tomorrow and show it to you here. :)

EDIT: Meh...I was not able to sleep so I just went on ahead and did guyver 3 sprite so here is the sprite with the quick sketch I just did to show more or less how I will make him, enjoy:

Dope!!  :)
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Odin787

• Unit 01
  • Initiate
    • My deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 06:45:42 PM »
Ok, update time, here is an unfinished animation of The guyver doing his megasmasher, does it look good so far? did I get the orbs color right? should I add a frame or 2? sorry for the delay, I'll upload the finished version later tomorrow.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:21:09 PM by Odin787 »

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 10:32:55 PM »
Ok, update time, here is an unfinished animation of The guyver doing his megasmasher, does it look good so far? did I get the orbs color right? should I add a frame or 2? sorry for the delay, I'll upload the finished version later tomorrow.

:thumbsup: the frame rate looks cool.  yeah just add tha shading and details and should work well. also one thing i noticed, his neck , you may have to do a lil touchup cause it looks like his neck to his head is pointy at the point where he does the megasmasher. and maybe if you can, round off the orbs a bit.  other than that broits good to me,  i await to see the good stuff your doing with the guy.  ::salute:: :thumbsup:. lol

Offline Excahm

• MFFA/C.R.O.M. Stage Maker, Needless Fanboy, Lando's Headache and Rage's GFX Brother and Somewhat a Spriter.
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 24, 2019, 05:23:39 PM
  • Ready to shut the f*ck up your mount!
    • Mugen Team Mexico
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 11:31:10 PM »
Iam not an expert but i think you should make its horn turn around a lil more.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 10:32:21 AM »
Yeah, like Lando says, but also the orbs themselves seem a bit square, I remember them being a bit more round. Just maybe touch them up to round them up a bit.

Offline Odin787

• Unit 01
  • Initiate
    • My deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 12:18:58 PM »
Here is the first development video of Guyver 01 on the MUGEN engine, just putting the basic idle sprites as well as his jabs, nothing special at the moment, also testing out his size against Goku Z2 made by Balthazar.

Offline MatreroG

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 10:19:24 AM
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 10:14:17 PM »
 :Terry

Offline Odin787

• Unit 01
  • Initiate
    • My deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 06:32:50 PM »
 here is another update for Guyver 1's animations, his walking forward is done and I'm currently doing him using his HF blade as a Medium punch, i posted 2 at different speeds so you can see it more clearly.

Normal speed

slow speed

Walk forward animation (finished for now, I may change it in the future )

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Born Again Man Of Faith
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2022, 07:00:18 PM
  • Repent To Yahusha(Jesus), For He Is Your Savior
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 11:12:15 AM »
here is another update for Guyver 1's animations, his walking forward is done and I'm currently doing him using his HF blade as a Medium punch, i posted 2 at different speeds so you can see it more clearly.

Normal speed

slow speed

Walk forward animation (finished for now, I may change it in the future )

The char is great no doubt bout it but i think his walk animation looks to be a bit to stiff IMO it looks like he's just dragging his legs along instead of actually walking you see what i mean?
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline Odin787

• Unit 01
  • Initiate
    • My deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 12:33:38 PM »
Yes I do, and that is more or less what i was going for, nevertheless he does look stiff so I am definitely going to re-do him, thank you for posting and showing your support.  :)

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Born Again Man Of Faith
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2022, 07:00:18 PM
  • Repent To Yahusha(Jesus), For He Is Your Savior
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 03:23:24 PM »
Yes I do, and that is more or less what i was going for, nevertheless he does look stiff so I am definitely going to re-do him, thank you for posting and showing your support.  :)

Aye were all here to help  ::salute::
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline Odin787

• Unit 01
  • Initiate
    • My deviant Art
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 06:43:22 PM »
Again thank you very much for the feedback and support, I am planing on taking my time with this since it is part of a bigger project I am developing with another forum in order to support the series. Here is an updated look at the Super move with a custom beam I'm doing for it. Also I will post a little concept art I just wipped up for the game I'm developing, some people have been asking for me to make Guyver 3 so it is possible I will convert him to mugen as well but only after I'm done with Guyver 1, Guyver 3 will have Sprites done but they will be very little in comparison at the start since they are for the game I'm making, if you guys are interested in the game then you can go ahead and find more info about it here:

http://www.japan-legend.com/forum/index.php/topic/7328-guyver-rebirth-project-a-guyver-fan-game/page-1

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 06:58:51 PM »
 #:-S good stuff you got brewing bro! ::salute::

Offline lp

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 11, 2018, 09:43:40 PM
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2013, 10:32:37 PM »
he looks really nice. well done so far  :thumbsup:

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar