collapse

Author Topic: ROM Hack help/Advice  (Read 350 times)

Offline BobbyD226

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 30, 2022, 05:50:29 PM
  • Hello!
    • Email
ROM Hack help/Advice
« on: May 14, 2021, 11:32:58 AM »
So a little while ago, a friend of mind had been watching Choujin Sentai Jetman. They talked about a hypothetical scenario where the commander Aya Odagiri got to become a Jetman. So for fun, I decided to design a sixth ranger suit for her called Jet Commander.

Fast forward to now where I had an idea to edit sprites from the Jetman famicom game to fit this design. I'd like to see about making a romhack that adds her character to the game, partly for fun and partly as a gift to my friend.

However I have no clue how to rom hack. I've read a few tutorials on how to edit sprites in a rom, but I imagine adding a character would be completely different. Especially since the general idea is to give her slightly different abilities than the rest of the characters. I wanted Aya to be able to cycle through the 3 kinds of weapons available in the game (Sword, Knuckle, Blaster). In addition to that, I wanted to give her a short double jump/boost in the form of a jetpack I incorporated into her design.

Here are the sprites I made for her. If anyone has any info on how to do a tutorial or would be willing to help since I can provide the sprites and info for what I'm trying to do, I would greatly appreciate it. Even if it's just pointing me in the right direction of someone who would have the information I'm looking for.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
Re: ROM Hack help/Advice
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 01:19:26 AM »
That question is for romhacking.net forums ROM Hacking Discussion rather than IMT. But for starters - if sprites are following console limitations, etc. It wouldn't be hard to replace existing character, adding character is a whole different story as it requires free space in ROM and codding
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline BobbyD226

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 30, 2022, 05:50:29 PM
  • Hello!
    • Email
Re: ROM Hack help/Advice
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 10:08:43 AM »
Thanks. I'll try and look there.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal