collapse

Author Topic: Shocker  (Read 3304 times)

Offline BP

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 11, 2023, 07:35:28 AM
Shocker
« on: April 27, 2011, 03:15:56 PM »
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:38:16 PM by Silentrzk. »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: Shocker
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:32:07 PM »
I'm glad you posted it up, it gives me a chance to give feedback... Great job making the sprites BigPimp, I think Arkady did a great job finishing up the code as well.

Stuff that pops:
* Fun character intro, well staged
* Two stances are fun
* Great FX
* Great recovery time on the projectiles too

* Standing combos don't count higher than 2 hits
* Hitsparks are small and don't give the effect of an impact but the guard sprites are huge.
* D,F,PP hyper has too wait much time before the attack hits, you can't combo into this because there is so much wait time. Even outside of a combo the opponet has forever to block or super jump behind
* D,F,K special is an infinite in the corner (because the properties of getting hit by the beam are different than the rubble)
* D,B,Punch special does two or three hits, even though the animation only shows one hit. It also resets combos because of the lag before it will register a hit.
* D,F,MP beam is in front of hands, D,F,HP beam is behind hands, vice versa in the air)
* P2 get thrown animation don't match the throw
* Needs "turning" animation and "crouch turn", I'm often guilty of this too
* one air hyper would be nice for those air combos, maybe sometime in the future
* Light Kick (knee) attack could use one more frame to bring the knee up a little more, right now it's just Capt's Lk without full animation.
* The stance elements movement is choppy, I don't expect it to change but someone has to mention it so it has been said.

Thanks for the release guys, I know it's going into my screen pack.

Offline xxxXx

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 20, 2018, 02:36:15 PM
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 06:03:15 PM »
Ahh finally. Let the Spidey beware :)

Offline aa250

• CrusaderCast Admin
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 13, 2021, 04:20:33 PM
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 06:06:53 PM »
-The hit sparks are just place holder at the moment I didn't get a chance to replace them with the brand new ones same with the player indicators.
-The Infinite you mention I just caught it a few hours ago so I didn't catch it before release so that why it there.
-As for D,F,PP hyper I'll make the wait time less that move was already coded in the character before me and arkady got it since Kai was his original coder.
-The count higher on basic attacks I'll see what causing that, but I think that due to timing and frames because I can get 3 hits sometimes.
-Yes he does need a little bit more frames and I'm pretty sure BIGPIMP will improve that.

Thanks for the feedback. %%-

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 07:13:47 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 06:21:45 PM »
-The hit sparks are just place holder at the moment I didn't get a chance to replace them with the brand new ones same with the player indicators.
-The Infinite you mention I just caught it a few hours ago so I didn't catch it before release so that why it there.
-As for D,F,PP hyper I'll make the wait time less that move was already coded in the character before me and arkady got it since Kai was his original coder.
-The count higher on basic attacks I'll see what causing that, but I think that due to timing and frames because I can get 3 hits sometimes.
-Yes he does need a little bit more frames and I'm pretty sure BIGPIMP will improve that.
Thanks for the feedback. %%-

what he said  :O*D

but i like the fact that the original D,DF,F,Px2 hyper is slow, coz otherwise he would be cheap, kinda wanted a slow "Iron-Man's proton cannon" he shouldn't be the best shooter otherwise spidey will always get his @$$ kicked

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 06:43:05 PM »
That's understandable, I get that P.O.V... but what good will the move be if you can hardly ever catch anyone with it?

Offline The King Sic-1™

• The King of Mugen & Best in the World!
  • Last Login:February 28, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
  • Head over to http://sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com/
    • TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 07:16:04 PM »
i just finished going over to CVG and picking up this character.... and I noticed some things...

A lot of effects are miss aligned... here is a screen shot showing just a few.

As you can see the downward beam in the air is not where it should be when he shoots it, and the hit spark for it is way above where is should be.
and the second screenshot you can see the hit spark is not where it should be and it look like it is popping up even before it hits P2.

some other stuff i found my self... but it's best i keep it to my self.

Offline aa250

• CrusaderCast Admin
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 08:39:57 PM »
Yeah I forgot to align all of the hit sparks so they will be aligned and replaced in an update. :thumbsup:

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 11:32:47 PM »
Cant count the seconds to turn the microscope around, but its best I keep that to myself.  :thumbsup:

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:29:37 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 11:34:25 PM »
some other stuff i found my self... but it's best i keep it to my self.

No, this render the feedback useless. If there is anything wrong, you need to say it. To avoid drama, you can pm him, but people should learn to handle criticism.

I got it. My thoughs about this char:

pros

+ noice voices
+ cool grab
+ funny intro
+ LOL taunt (but the move should not do 7 hits, just one.) I have nothing against it been a projectile.
+ QCF+K was a nice idea.

CONS

- first, almost ALL sprites are misaligned. This is really bad. Look at its standing punches, they are make Shocker float. And the fierce one was badly aligned. You should make Shocker move foward a bit using PosAdd. This is unacceptable, sorry.

- no sweep attack? neither the medium neither the hard crouched kicks are sweep, is this right?

- Some anims are bad, for example crouched hard kick. That kick is almost impossible to do.

- lack of shading at the foot in many moves (like crouched kicks)

- The sparks are too small (I know its the template fault, I need to talk with aa250 about this)

- The hyper bg has too much color loss

- This is a common error (and reminded me from a *certain person* who loves to make this) on many chars: The blur is exaggerated on almost all effects. You can't put Gaussian Blur (using the default photoshop value) and its done. Its horrible. To make this, you could at last made the sprite twice big and scaled it down by coding. I wrote a hi-res tutorial here: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=92866.0

- QCB+2P has a bug: use it and try to hit p2 with weak punch. If you press the button quickly, you won't hit it. (in fact, the standing punch can't hit if you press the button quickly).

- His run is weird. Is shocker that fast? He cancels into walking animation too fast. And its weid the way he bounce on the floor. Plus infinity priority (specially at the last attack)

- QCF+2k is too cliche. Almost 80% of the chars has a powered up special move as hypers. The idea is cool, but its too cliche. The stones flies on a strange way and ...80 hits?

- QCB+K idea is cool. But its way too fast and has a huge range.

I see a lot of potential there, but its lacks on the execution.
don't get it personal, because it isn't.

With more work, could ending be a cool char.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 11:39:03 PM »
No, this render the feedback useless. If there is anything wrong, you need to say it. To avoid drama, you can pm him, but people should learn to handle criticism.

I got it. My thoughs about this char:

pros

+ noice voices
+ cool grab
+ funny intro
+ LOL taunt (but the move should not do 7 hits, just one.) I have nothing against it been a projectile.
+ QCF+K was a nice idea.

CONS

- first, almost ALL sprites are misaligned. This is really bad. Look at its standing punches, they are make Shocker float. And the fierce one was badly aligned. You should make Shocker move foward a bit using PosAdd. This is unacceptable, sorry.

- no sweep attack? neither the medium neither the hard crouched kicks are sweep, is this right?

- Some anims are bad, for example crouched hard kick. That kick is almost impossible to do.

- lack of shading at the foot in many moves (like crouched kicks)

- The sparks are too small (I know its the template fault, I need to talk with aa250 about this)

- The hyper bg has too much color loss

- This is a common error (and reminded me from a *certain person* who loves to make this) on many chars: The blur is exaggerated on almost all effects. You can't put Gaussian Blur (using the default photoshop value) and its done. Its horrible. To make this, you could at last made the sprite twice big and scaled it down by coding. I wrote a hi-res tutorial here: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=92866.0

- QCB+2P has a bug: use it and try to hit p2 with weak punch. If you press the button quickly, you won't hit it. (in fact, the standing punch can't hit if you press the button quickly).

- His run is weird. Is shocker that fast? He cancels into walking animation too fast. And its weid the way he bounce on the floor. Plus infinity priority (specially at the last attack)

- QCF+2k is too cliche. Almost 80% of the chars has a powered up special move as hypers. The idea is cool, but its too cliche. The stones flies on a strange way and ...80 hits?

- QCB+K idea is cool. But its way too fast and has a huge range.

I see a lot of potential there, but its lacks on the execution.
don't get it personal, because it isn't.

With more work, could ending be a cool char.

I guess I missed where people couldnt handle criticism, in fact aa250 is a champ at it.
Now sarcasm is a differant story.

Thanks O< I know those are some great points. i know aa25o will enjoy fixing those, and learning from that.

Offline The King Sic-1™

• The King of Mugen & Best in the World!
  • Last Login:February 28, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
  • Head over to http://sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com/
    • TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 11:49:28 PM »

as you can see bro from the way ziq responded to what i said. that is why i keep it to my self... cvg "people" get all hurt when i try to give feedback.
this char is not bad.... it just needs somethings fixed that's all. :thumbsup:

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 11:59:30 PM »
I say this so hopefuly Ziq won't feel a need to say it and continue this tangent...

Sic basically said in his post, "you guys can't handle feedback so I will publically state that I won't leave any."

I know this isn't litereally what you said but that was how it was understood, which is when Ziq replied and we ended up here.

Anyways, I know what it's like to be at this point in my creations so I know these guys are in a good place with Shocker. I look forward to the next release because the char will be better and the creators will have learned more. There is always a lot more that can be learned while programming a character. Each step only makes us better.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 12:08:33 AM »
I guess I missed where people couldnt handle criticism, in fact aa250 is a champ at it.
Now sarcasm is a differant story.

I never said such thing. (well, in the past I said, lol) J/K

as you can see bro from the way ziq responded to what i said. that is why i keep it to my self... cvg "people" get all hurt when i try to give feedback.
this char is not bad.... it just needs somethings fixed that's all.

You may have your point..but try to not bring this here. I know *that* issue, but it won't help IMT (or anybody here) at all.

Sic basically said in his post, "you guys can't handle feedback so I will publically state that I won't leave any."

You´re correct, sir.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 12:13:53 AM »
aa250 has worked harder than anyone I know to fix the bugs in characters . He literally fixes even the toughest criticism from guys like Orochi Gill paragraph by paragraph.

Chances are he's probably already working on acey's feedback as I type.

I just dont like the subtle jabs I'm a feeling, in that regard.

He's a guy that should get a little respect for his dedication, thats all. He doesnt take things personal.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 12:23:44 AM »
aa250 has worked harder than anyone I know to fix the bugs in characters . He literally fixes even the toughest criticism from guys like Orochi Gill paragraph by paragraph.

Chances are he's probably already working on acey's feedback as I type.

I just dont like the subtle jabs I'm a feeling, in that regard.

He's a guy that should get a little respect for his dedication, thats all. He doesnt take things personal.

I'm glad to hear the programers are taking us seriously though.

Offline BP

• Last Login:February 11, 2023, 07:35:28 AM
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 06:14:35 AM »
thanks, everyone for replying, specially for feedbacks

cant say anything about balance of character (i think we never actually paid much attention to that matter)
but all i can say - it surely will be fixed for next release

timing and placement on most moves was maded almost a year ago, and backthen it didnt bothered me, but now i see that you guys mean. (like turnings - these anims actually inthere, but they have timing "1", so you know) will be fixed too

so all timing, misaligned sprites issues to my account, and well,.. guilty :-[
hope with experience ill catch up this, and next releases will be without such mistakes

anyway glad too see good and fair replies :)

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 09:34:32 AM »
toughest criticism from guys like Orochi Gill

Everythime I read this, I laugh so much. Why people fear Orochi Gill so much? He is a so cool guy.
His feedback never offended me at all. They had me improved my chars.

People need to understand this: To give a wall of feedback isn't offensive. You're trying to help the creator. Offensive feedback are "This char sucks" or  "OMFG ITS ROX". Keep in mind that people just give feedback (at least, me) from works I do care, from people I do care.

If I don't like the work or the creator, I don't even waste my time typing.

About SIC, I think I misunderstood what he said (I've spoken with him by PM).

He's a guy that should get a little respect for his dedication, thats all.

As everyone. But please: lets avoid this "he need respect for his work". This what started all the issue when I quited IMT.
To give feedback poiting errors != from not respect the creator.

Aa250 seams to be a nice guy, and I know he won't get it personal. Neither BiGPiMP.

Just one more thing: we all know that is an issue between certain people. But PLEASE IMT has NOTHING with that.
Neither us.

Lets keep this topic clean, ok?

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 10:13:04 AM »
All I know is that nobody here griped about the feedback. I really dont see why it was brought up in the 1st place.

My issue isnt about your feed back O' so lets leave it at that.

Post Merge: April 28, 2011, 10:14:22 AM
I'm glad to hear the programers are taking us seriously though.

Of course.

Why wouldnt they?

Offline aa250

• CrusaderCast Admin
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 12:10:23 PM »
Yes I have already fixed a lot of issues that you mention Acey as well as other stuff people found and stuff that I caught. Keep in mind though that mistake like this are bound to happened especially if you are a multi-code creator like myself, but if you are expecting an update in the next week or 24 hours than you are sadly going to be disappointed bug fixing is very tedious progress took me three weeks just to fix Angel/Archangel problems not to mention that I'm still fixing the issues on my character as well.

Feedback is most welcomed on our site. Issues that were pointed in last release character end up getting fixed anyway.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 12:32:51 PM »
multi-code creator

What is a multi-code creator?

Offline aa250

• CrusaderCast Admin
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 12:42:42 PM »
Some one who works between 5-10 characters or more. You are a multi-code creator as well aren't you?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
Some one who works between 5-10 characters or more. You are a multi-code creator as well aren't you?

I see, a multi-character coder. I wondered if you ment that you program in multiple codes, like multiple programming languages which would be another whole set of problems.

Offline aa250

• CrusaderCast Admin
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 12:57:59 PM »
 :D No I wish I could. :-[ Yeah what I meant to say was Multi-character coder

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 02:54:36 PM »
Hmmmn new terminology

I think I get it, kinda like how I am a multi-Beer drinker.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal