collapse

Author Topic: Questions and Suggestions  (Read 35726 times)

Offline Omega85

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 01, 2020, 03:57:51 PM
Re: Re: Capcom Universe News and Updates
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2012, 03:22:01 AM »
You could add Cameo's from decent Capcom Games. None playable Characters could be added like that.

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2012, 01:24:37 AM »
Hey beximus, about Rose & Ingrid. Is there anything you changed or added to them? I really enjoyed them, especially Ingrid.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:June 20, 2020, 07:21:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2012, 05:25:02 AM »
You could add Cameo's from decent Capcom Games. None playable Characters could be added like that.

Oh yeah, I intend to add cameo appearances by characters that won't be in the game from different franchises.  like say Ashley, Elena, Apollo.  I just have to figure out what stages they can appear in.

Hey beximus, about Rose & Ingrid. Is there anything you changed or added to them? I really enjoyed them, especially Ingrid.

For Rose, i added flight, changed her soul spiral so that it doesnt slide quite as far and behaves a little more like her alpha 3 version.  it still does the same amount of hits though.  the flickering soul power effects are seperate from her body sprites now so they'll flicker during hit pauses. New effects were added for her aura soul sparks and the aura soul through pillar of fire.  The aura soul throw doesn't send the opponent flying across the stage anymore and the sound effects have been changed.

2 special pallettes black and white that have 5 flashing colors instead of 2 and a soul illusion that creates a color spectrum trail.  I usually make the last 2 or 3 pallettes experimental.

As for Ingrid,  she falls slower from her sun upper attacks,  Her sun shot doesn't explode anymore unless they make contact with the enemy.  the sun shots travel in slight arcs now.  she makes less noise during basic attacks now.  Not every basic attack has her grunting or yelling anymore, and her shoes are color separated from her legs now.

Im still not having much luck putting a video together with free programs like x video converter.  Im considering getting sony vegas.  though that seems extreme for just wanting to splice footage together with music. 

Also i've been working more on viper which was something i wanted to show some more of in the video.

all her special moves are working now.  i just need sprites for her air kicks and her super moves and ultras.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 08:07:35 PM by Beximus »

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »
^

Looking good, though are those custom palettes you are making, or you have to fix them?

The stages in the video are very old and won't be like that soon.  Non Capcom character appearances will no longer be there if that's what you're referring to.  Vice Shermie and Mature have been removed already, as well as the DDR characters in the poster in the Metro Dream stage.
Sounds good
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 11, 2024, 04:16:53 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2012, 12:02:38 PM »
Have you tried XSplit?
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2012, 04:27:35 PM »
ah Xsplit isn't quite what im looking for.  I need something that can help me splice videos together and then save it as a new one. 

EDIT: i found a program i can use called Ulead.

^

Looking good, though are those custom palettes you are making, or you have to fix them?

They're custom palettes.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 08:03:50 PM by Beximus »

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2012, 11:46:26 PM »
For Rose, i added flight, changed her soul spiral so that it doesnt slide quite as far and behaves a little more like her alpha 3 version.  it still does the same amount of hits though.  the flickering soul power effects are seperate from her body sprites now so they'll flicker during hit pauses. New effects were added for her aura soul sparks and the aura soul through pillar of fire.  The aura soul throw doesn't send the opponent flying across the stage anymore and the sound effects have been changed.

2 special pallettes black and white that have 5 flashing colors instead of 2 and a soul illusion that creates a color spectrum trail.  I usually make the last 2 or 3 pallettes experimental.

As for Ingrid,  she falls slower from her sun upper attacks,  Her sun shot doesn't explode anymore unless they make contact with the enemy.  the sun shots travel in slight arcs now.  she makes less noise during basic attacks now.  Not every basic attack has her grunting or yelling anymore, and her shoes are color separated from her legs now.

Im still not having much luck putting a video together with free programs like x video converter.  Im considering getting sony vegas.  though that seems extreme for just wanting to splice footage together with music. 

Also i've been working more on viper which was something i wanted to show some more of in the video.

all her special moves are working now.  i just need sprites for her air kicks and her super moves and ultras.
Nice progress, especially with C.Viper. One more question, what about the display of the select screen & vs. Screen? Are they still going to look like it did last time or you revamped that as well. I must say, I love how you linked your own loading gate with the vs. screen & the fight. I suggest you keep that.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2012, 12:14:19 AM »
I have a better question: Why the need for special palettes?
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2012, 12:58:19 AM »
Nice progress, especially with C.Viper. One more question, what about the display of the select screen & vs. Screen? Are they still going to look like it did last time or you revamped that as well. I must say, I love how you linked your own loading gate with the vs. screen & the fight. I suggest you keep that.

Oh yes i'll definitely keep the loading gate.  I just need to edit it for the new screen size.  The vs screen will stay the same except maybe a new background animation.  the select screen needs to be redone to accommodate the size of the new roster.

I have a better question: Why the need for special palettes?

Being given 12 palette slots per character i thought I'd include some palette ideas that i thought might be interesting.  They don't affect gameplay.  It's purely aesthetic.  Not every character has them.  Only if it comes to mind or I run out of other color ideas.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2012, 09:19:50 AM »
Can all the question be moved into the proper section?

Offline NeonGreenCrayons

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 30, 2023, 01:44:56 AM
Re: Questions and Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2012, 07:30:30 PM »
Might I suggest three people, if they have not been suggested yet?

Saki Omkane from TvC
June from Star Gladiator
And I had an idea for Servbot. I'm not one to be pitching ideas, since I can't actually put them to work, but this is what I had in mind :

It'd be one Servbot. He'd have most moves from MvC2, but the exceptions. One move he'd have would be to wield the toy hammer. Like, it'd be a separate stance. And then for the Servbot Lunch Rush, Tron would stand behind him doing her little laughing taunt. Also, when in the hammer stance his idle animation would be him sitting on the hammer *with the handle facing up* and he kicks his feet with a happy face on owo.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 08:04:03 PM by NeonGreenCrayons »

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2012, 06:41:07 AM »
I actually have plans to include Saki and June. they will definitely be in the game.  I really don't want to make servbot his own character though.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2012, 12:21:06 PM »
Is there any chance of you showing this to Capcom any time soon?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2012, 05:14:25 PM »
The thought has never really crossed my mind.  It never occurred to me they would have an interest in the project.  Theres the possibility that they'd tell me to stop what im doing.  It's happened to other fan projects.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2012, 09:46:55 PM »
Theres the possibility that they'd tell me to stop what im doing.  It's happened to other fan projects.

They may say this, but, would you stop?

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2012, 11:27:55 PM »
The thought has never really crossed my mind.  It never occurred to me they would have an interest in the project.  Theres the possibility that they'd tell me to stop what im doing.  It's happened to other fan projects.
Why not? Street Fighter X Mega Man was shown to Capcom and look what happened to it.

EDIT: I forgot that this is far from being complete. Forget what I said earlier.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:40:00 PM by Uche_of_IMT »

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2012, 07:26:06 AM »
They may say this, but, would you stop?

No way. 

come to think of it i remember hearing that capcom considered mugen like fan art and payed it no mind.  I think it was nintendo that shut down fan projects.

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2012, 08:07:15 AM »
No, Nintendo just shut down game hacking, and not by telling peoples to not make it.
They just compress stuff in their games or made them less interesting by removing unused stuff before publishing it.
It was ZUN, who shut down most of the Touhou Fan Projects.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »
One thing that caught my eye: The names are JP (Japan) and not US (United Sttes). Is there a specific reason? And was this asked before?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2012, 05:28:53 PM »
One thing that caught my eye: The names are JP (Japan) and not US (United Sttes). Is there a specific reason? And was this asked before?

I grew up playing import versions of capcom games so the Japanese names are more familiar to me.  This will also make it easier to separate characters like rockman and megaman.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2012, 09:26:58 PM »
I grew up playing import versions of capcom games so the Japanese names are more familiar to me.  This will also make it easier to separate characters like rockman and megaman.

We'll be able to change them when we get the game I suppose?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2012, 12:31:04 AM »
No actually.

I'm not really using any fonts for the game.  names you see are actually single letters or symbols.  It was the only way i could get the vs screen to work.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »
Then, please, add only the english names.

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2012, 09:54:50 AM »
No, better make two versions: one with the japanese names and one with the english names.
The one with the japanese names would also be completely in japanese.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2012, 10:08:41 AM »
Just think of this as an import, if you want to play it you'll just have to accept the Japanese names.

Tags: Capcom Universe 

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista