collapse

Author Topic: Capcom Universe  (Read 29334 times)

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
Re: Capcom Fighting Revolution
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 11:54:51 PM »
not sure what you mean by original version, can you elaborate?

Offline Moon Girard

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 17, 2015, 10:19:57 PM
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2012, 12:53:15 AM »

I see you have Hiryu in the roster do you plan on using his color separated sprites?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:June 20, 2020, 07:21:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2012, 01:33:56 AM »

I see you have Hiryu in the roster do you plan on using his color separated sprites?

No he's been done for a long time and I already made 12 pallettes for him.

Offline alex87

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 24, 2021, 05:11:57 PM
    • Skype - alexoso87
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2012, 03:12:12 AM »
i want in this project also these 2 chars:

Rainbow Mika:

Effie:

[-O<

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2012, 05:42:06 AM »
Sorry, KoF? they are Capcom original characters, just as Ruby Heart

The designs, they looked like KoF characters. Not Capcom/SF styled, at all. Japanese modern fashion, two prettyboys and a loli? Very KoF.

By the by? Ingrid is a heinous ripoff of Athena, down to the goddess connection. She's one of Capcom's worst designs ever.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Gladiacloud

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 23, 2024, 03:18:32 AM
  • http://i.imgur.com/4QokCKe.gif
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2012, 07:55:20 AM »
What do you think about Lou and Arthur?

Much of their original sprites are made by Laspacho, The Anvil and Acey.

Offline C.R.O.M.-Mugen-Ninja

• The One And Only Ninja
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 06, 2023, 09:49:01 AM
  • The Ninja is never gone ~
« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2012, 09:07:49 AM »

Rainbow Mika:

Effie:

[-O<

Just gotta ask u Alex, Where is Effie from? Is she the girl who is with Necro SF3? or who is she lol
For many years, Mugen has been a passion to the Ninja, and still today it is. From 09' n' til this day ~

Keep fighting, keep struggling, keep creating, and have fun ~

Offline D.Magician(Ky)

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 16, 2017, 01:27:54 PM
  • Ruffler Of Jammies
    • My MUGEN Site
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2012, 09:34:49 AM »
Shes the girl that pals around with Necro from SF3

Offline Xfields

• Project X Architect
  • Last Login:November 17, 2023, 10:24:12 PM
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »
the character i really would like to see is Simone, from Cannon spike game...you know...red hair android in skaters, it was intended to be linn kurosawa btw

You can Now support my creations at Patreon
Get exclusive rewards when you donate.
https://www.patreon.com/Xfields

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2012, 02:19:43 PM »
Shes the girl that pals around with Necro from SF3

She's Necro's Girlfriend.

'd rather see Necro. He's my Favorite Street Fighter Ever.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2012, 06:15:55 PM »

Rainbow Mika:

Effie:

[-O<

R. Mika has been in the works for a while now.

Effie; If there were sprites and moves for her that would be cool.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2012, 10:16:20 AM »
People are forgetting the classics. Some games that could at least have a character or a reference:

* 1940 series;
* Armored Warriors;
* Battle Circuit;
* Black Tiger;
* Chaos Legion;
* Dimahoo;
* Exed Exes;
* Ghost Trick;
* Giga Wing;
* Legendary Wings;
* Magic Sword;
* Pirate Ship Higemaru;
* Power Stone;
* Progear;
* Tech Romancer;
* Three Wonders;
* Trojan;
* Varth: Operation Thunderstorm;
* Vulgus;

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2012, 11:09:36 AM »
the character i really would like to see is Simone, from Cannon spike game...you know...red hair android in skaters, it was intended to be linn kurosawa btw

If you'd sprite her [sexy lady] top, I'd gladly sprite her [guile with asura buster] bottom. I've wanted a Linn in a vs. type game or mugen forever, bro.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2012, 09:28:07 PM »
If you'd sprite her [sexy lady] top, I'd gladly sprite her [guile with asura buster] bottom. I've wanted a Linn in a vs. type game or mugen forever, bro.

I think Linn Kurosawa is an awesome character.  She'd be a welcome addition to the game if there were good sprites of her.

Offline kosmos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 28, 2023, 10:17:23 PM
  • Just a casual collector, don't mind me.
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2012, 09:36:57 PM »
Hmm, a 1940 stage could be really cool. Like your on one of the giant enemy ships an you can see it firing back at the protagonist planes. They could even fire back and have the stage take damage and whatnot.

probably a little to hard to do but it would be neat.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2012, 08:52:48 AM »
Hmm, a 1940 stage could be really cool. Like your on one of the giant enemy ships an you can see it firing back at the protagonist planes. They could even fire back and have the stage take damage and whatnot.

probably a little to hard to do but it would be neat.

Actually, I am making one which is on an aircraft carrier, but sprites are really hard to find.

Offline kosmos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 28, 2023, 10:17:23 PM
  • Just a casual collector, don't mind me.
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2012, 06:28:13 PM »
I assume you're looking for something else other than this one?

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2012, 10:13:46 AM »
I've been reading this thread heavily and I have questions & concerns about this. It's great that you decided to bring this back since I've been waiting for it ever since I played the demo. Since I'm working on a game documentation/folder about Capcom as well, I think I should share some of my comments about this. You don't have to take these into consideration at all, it's just a few ideas I have that isn't going to be use, I'll likely use.

QUESTIONS

1) I notice that you'll use MUGEN 1.0 for this game. Since that is likely depending on the recent images I've seen, are you going to use the 1.0 standard AI? By that, I mean are the characters will get harder when you change the difficulty & progress in the game?

2) The stage interactivity was the sure fire thing that gotten me into this project. Are you going to still use that for your Forgotten Sanctuary stage & other stages you have planned?

3) Are there going to be any special intros between fighters? Ex. Ryu vs Ken: *knuckle bump*

4) There are a lot of SF characters. Don't you think they're too many, especially ones that are too popular? I can understand Ryu, Chun-Li, Zangief, Karin & Yang but... is all of the others necessarily? If it's because of DHC(Dual Hyper Combos) then I can understand. It's just that with that many SF characters overshadowing the rest of the Capcom characters will make it seem like they're unimportant.

5) Are you going to make the palettes smooth in with both CPS2 sprites & CvS Sprites? Sinhra is going to do the same thing with their Capcom Fighting All-Stars project.

6) Will the gameplay be the same for all characters or are you going to implement a way to change it like Fido is doing with his Street Fighter MX characters?

7) Is their going to be a story behind all of this, like (insert recent cross-over title here) or are the characters going to have their own story?

COMMENTS

1) The roster seems decent so far. To me, there is too many SF characters & this is called "Capcom Fighting Revolution". It's a good thing you're taking people offer to use their characters to hopefully balance the roster.

2) Comparing the old lifebars & the new lifebars. I like the new ones better since they pop out more.

3) This is relevant to #2. I like how you made every characters lifebar have a different color & in 1-on-1 mode, they have the same color.

4) Devilotte being one of the playable characters? I don't know if that'll work, but if it's possible I would love to see it.

5) Both the stages & the special effects look amazing. But the hitspark don't really look good blending in with the BG of the hyper attacks IMO. It might be just me but they look wierd.

Besides the comments I put in dealing with the project, I'm still waiting for the full version of this and I won't be giving up on this anytime soon.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2012, 04:25:59 PM »
I've been reading this thread heavily and I have questions & concerns about this. It's great that you decided to bring this back since I've been waiting for it ever since I played the demo. Since I'm working on a game documentation/folder about Capcom as well, I think I should share some of my comments about this. You don't have to take these into consideration at all, it's just a few ideas I have that isn't going to be use, I'll likely use.

QUESTIONS

1) I notice that you'll use MUGEN 1.0 for this game. Since that is likely depending on the recent images I've seen, are you going to use the 1.0 standard AI? By that, I mean are the characters will get harder when you change the difficulty & progress in the game?

2) The stage interactivity was the sure fire thing that gotten me into this project. Are you going to still use that for your Forgotten Sanctuary stage & other stages you have planned?

3) Are there going to be any special intros between fighters? Ex. Ryu vs Ken: *knuckle bump*

4) There are a lot of SF characters. Don't you think they're too many, especially ones that are too popular? I can understand Ryu, Chun-Li, Zangief, Karin & Yang but... is all of the others necessarily? If it's because of DHC(Dual Hyper Combos) then I can understand. It's just that with that many SF characters overshadowing the rest of the Capcom characters will make it seem like they're unimportant.

5) Are you going to make the palettes smooth in with both CPS2 sprites & CvS Sprites? Sinhra is going to do the same thing with their Capcom Fighting All-Stars project.

6) Will the gameplay be the same for all characters or are you going to implement a way to change it like Fido is doing with his Street Fighter MX characters?

7) Is their going to be a story behind all of this, like (insert recent cross-over title here) or are the characters going to have their own story?

COMMENTS

1) The roster seems decent so far. To me, there is too many SF characters & this is called "Capcom Fighting Revolution". It's a good thing you're taking people offer to use their characters to hopefully balance the roster.

2) Comparing the old lifebars & the new lifebars. I like the new ones better since they pop out more.

3) This is relevant to #2. I like how you made every characters lifebar have a different color & in 1-on-1 mode, they have the same color.

4) Devilotte being one of the playable characters? I don't know if that'll work, but if it's possible I would love to see it.

5) Both the stages & the special effects look amazing. But the hitspark don't really look good blending in with the BG of the hyper attacks IMO. It might be just me but they look wierd.

Besides the comments I put in dealing with the project, I'm still waiting for the full version of this and I won't be giving up on this anytime soon.

Regarding the Questions:
1.) Yes, I'm going to make A.I. and have it work with the new A.I. options in mugen 1.0.  When it was announced that mugen 1.0 had functional difficulty settings i was really excited about it.

2.)There are going to be 2 stages planned to have breakaway floors.  The Forgotten Sanctuary stage and the Final War stage.  It was not easy coding the breakaway floors to work with 4 characters so i fully intend to use them.

3.)I'm planning dialogue between certain characters during Arcade mode, but honestly it's a low priority at the moment.

4.)During the course of this project i've learned that everyone has a favorite street fighter.  I originally intended to include everybody that appeared in MvC2 as a useable character.  After that, I chose streetfighters that i thought were cool, or unique.  I also consider characters who first appeared in final fight to be "guests" in the street fighter franchise and i list them as Final fight characters.

5.) I'm not sure what smooth pallettes are.  I have done some color seperation on certain characters,  and i added colors to morrigans hair to get rid of the harsh outlines, and added shading.  I'm not sure if that's what you mean.

6.) Gameplay will be the same for all characters.

7.) There actually is a story behind all of this.  The stages are designed to help project the story, and in arcade mode they will appear in a specific order.

Regarding the Comments

1. I'm adding Fiona Belli to the game, so a streetfighter will be giving up their spot for her.

2. Thanks,  I'm pretty happy with them.  I thought the ones i made last time around werent flashy enough.  Also since then i figured out how to create an accurate power bar that would fill a different color for each level like in marvel vs capcom 2

3.Truthfully i'm, really big on colors and i thought it would be a good way to include one more color as a lifebar by using orange in 1 vs 1 mode.

4. Devilotte is actually central to the story, the world is going to be systematically destroyed and it's all her fault.  she has to fix what she started and the rest of the capcom roster for either benign reasons or for selfish gains will also try and stop it from happening.  I created a detailed move list for her with sketches and Li-kun has started drawing her sprites for me.  She'll have low defense, average attack power, and i imagine people will use her for keep away tactics

5. I've never really noticed a problem.  It may be due to the high amount of colors in the scrolling background.

I'm hoping when this game is finished it will be something people will enjoy playing for a long time.  Unfortunately there's no netplay implemented in mugen,  so it would be like the way things were back in the dreamcast days.  I have really high standards for this game and im doing everything i can to make it worth the wait.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2012, 12:07:36 PM »
Effie; If there were sprites and moves for her that would be cool.

i researched about Effie, and found that she is a mutant (I didn't find her powers) and she mimics some of Necro's moves, I wonder if you could add acrobatic moves, dancing moves and contortion moves

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:19:27 PM by Macaulyn »

Offline alex87

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 24, 2021, 05:11:57 PM
    • Skype - alexoso87
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »
Insert in the project Effie please! Watch this stance has created Uminokun, ask him for permission to use it!

Effie by Uminokun

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2012, 04:31:57 PM »
Well I'm sure if there were more sprites it would be possible, but it's not enough to go on.

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »
Well I'm sure if there were more sprites it would be possible, but it's not enough to go on.
Erm, I think, alex87 actually wanted to say, that you can ask Uminokun to make more sprites.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »
Uminokun is already swamped with so many things to do,  He's making Devilot for me, and another character after that, and then he has his own projects like Tiffany, Michelle Heart and the characters he's working on for Nestor's game.

Id rather not ask him to do Effie on top of all that.

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »
Uminokun is already swamped with so many things to do,  He's making Devilot for me, and another character after that, and then he has his own projects like Tiffany, Michelle Heart and the characters he's working on for Nestor's game.

Id rather not ask him to do Effie on top of all that.
Wait, so HE did the astounding sprite work in CFAS?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista