collapse

Author Topic: MM:RMM Offical Suggestion Thread  (Read 28699 times)

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
Re: MM:RMM Offical Suggestion Thread
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2015, 10:55:55 AM »
hello all. kind of been a lurker for a while, so I'm not new to seeing this project. however, from what I can tell, it looks like a hot mess. i'll explain.

what IS here, looks and plays great. you just have too many people doing their own thing. some of the WIP characters would be done or near done by now if there was a more concentrated effort. basicly, i'm suggesting you put some characters on hold, and have small groups concentrate on other characters. you could choose to work on the more popular ones, those that are closer to completion, or heck, just throw it up to a vote. maybe consider putting some characters on indefinite hold or canning them outright. outsourcing wouldn't be a bad idea either.

something will hopefully be done, since it looks like activity is relatively low. a little structure could go a long way.

anyway, that's my two cents and I figured i'd throw them into this here fountain and see what came of it.

Hello and welcome, Cheddarsworld.

Actually, we've been very active with this project in the last month. We have a set roster for the first beta already and we're working on organizing stuff up for it's eventual release.

Offline SSOmega11

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 20, 2018, 11:11:17 PM
« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2015, 02:29:30 PM »
Hello and welcome, Cheddarsworld.

Actually, we've been very active with this project in the last month. We have a set roster for the first beta already and we're working on organizing stuff up for it's eventual release.

Sounds good.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 01:44:24 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2015, 02:39:31 PM »
hello all. kind of been a lurker for a while, so I'm not new to seeing this project. however, from what I can tell, it looks like a hot mess. i'll explain.

what IS here, looks and plays great. you just have too many people doing their own thing. some of the WIP characters would be done or near done by now if there was a more concentrated effort. basicly, i'm suggesting you put some characters on hold, and have small groups concentrate on other characters. you could choose to work on the more popular ones, those that are closer to completion, or heck, just throw it up to a vote. maybe consider putting some characters on indefinite hold or canning them outright. outsourcing wouldn't be a bad idea either.

something will hopefully be done, since it looks like activity is relatively low. a little structure could go a long way.

anyway, that's my two cents and I figured i'd throw them into this here fountain and see what came of it.

Hello,
I have come to this conclusion myself.  I have already significantly trimmed the roster towards a first release and have those characters being worked on.  The other issue was I was lacking people who were interested in coding and finishing these characters.  I now have some kind people interesting in coding and helping.  In the past few months we have made some great strides, I just haven't posted about it.  :)

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 10, 2016, 08:44:57 AM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #203 on: December 29, 2015, 03:00:00 PM »
well, it's good to know. it's just a shame to see that a project like top man hasn't been worked on in a while, yet someone had started breakman, who in all likelihood would turn out to be a protoman clone.

i'm not trying to say you guys' job is an easy one. I've tinkered with this stuff a bit myself, with nothing to show for it. and you're not even getting paid. you all do it because you WANT to, making it all the more amazing. I just think that maybe certain characters should have more focus and help than others. maybe if some of the people had more help on their end, good projects wouldn't get delayed/canned, since they wouldn't feel like they have to tackle it mostly alone. I've seen a good several projects get the can over the years that with the right help, wouldn't have. i'd hate to see that happen here, both as a mega man fan, and someone who appreciates the work that goes into a well done fan game.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 01, 2024, 11:02:34 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: December 31, 2015, 04:39:31 PM »
Hey guys, I've made some tests with Blademan. Take a look:

There are some clean needed, but is the result accepted?

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #205 on: December 31, 2015, 05:30:41 PM »
looks good to me, but he doesn't seem to match the standard set by other characters so far. kind of overshoots it imho. that's a pretty smooth idle... just how many sprites is that?

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: December 31, 2015, 05:36:58 PM »
Yeah, that is my doubt. But I can reduce the frame count (now its 10 frames).

Those are examples of what I did for other char. The left is the original, the right is the reduced one.
Less frames gives more "impact" feeling:

The same for Blademan

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #207 on: December 31, 2015, 09:27:35 PM »
Yeah, that is my doubt. But I can reduce the frame count (now its 10 frames).

Those are examples of what I did for other char. The left is the original, the right is the reduced one.
Less frames gives more "impact" feeling:

The same for Blademan

i'm no pro, but the frame cuts look better on both to me. maybe slow the speed on the bull bot's one just a little, but that's just my opinion. who or what is that bull bot anyway? I can tell it's MM related, but having played pretty much all of the mainstream MM games, I feel I should recognize him, but I don't... wait, is he a WIP blizzard buffalo? if so, what game did you get those sprites from? he looks to be perfect for a BB character base. I don't envy your workload though.

EDIT: I just noticed the bracer that bull is wearing. if anyone ever had the interest and time, that bull could also make a good Spark Mandrill base as well.

heh, best keep my mouth shut about new characters. wouldn't want to sound like a hypocrite, now would I?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 09:34:21 PM by cheddarsworld »

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: December 31, 2015, 11:13:15 PM »
The bull is Taurus, from Rockman Strategy.

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #209 on: December 31, 2015, 11:46:24 PM »
The bull is Taurus, from Rockman Strategy.

huh, well that explains why I don't recognize him then. but, I still stand by my statements. would make a good base for either blizzard buffalo OR spark mandrill.

did you create that from scratch, apply it to an existing sprite from another game, or rip it? seems awfully well animated for a strategy game.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #210 on: January 01, 2016, 09:47:29 AM »
The original game sprites were made in 3d but they are awful

So I made a sprite edit over an oficial art and animated it.

I like to bring obscure chars into light. And since I dont like any other serie rather the original one, you wont see me making those chars.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 11:08:24 AM by .:O Ilusionista:. »

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #211 on: January 01, 2016, 12:16:08 PM »
I like the X series as well since it's a natural progression of the Classic series and it keeps the art style and core mechanics. All other sries I couldn't care less.

The Classic series alone has enough spinoff and side characters which could fit well into this project.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 03:43:15 PM by Magma Dragoon MK-II »

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: January 01, 2016, 12:49:26 PM »
Yeah, specially the DOS version. There are some cool characters there, like:

Blademan

Sharkman

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #213 on: January 01, 2016, 03:44:54 PM »
I like the X series as well since it's a natural progression of the Classic series and it meros the art style and core mechanics. All other sries I couldn't care less.

The Classic series alone has enough spinoff and side characters which could fit well into this project.

agreed, except I do like the MMZ and ZX games as well. but the x series will always be my favorite, hands down.

also, who is that with burst man in your sig? looks like a heavy mod of flash man with green paint. again, I should know him...

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: January 01, 2016, 05:46:41 PM »
also, who is that with burst man in your sig? looks like a heavy mod of flash man with green paint. again, I should know him...

That Burstman were edited by him and coded by me. http://brazilmugenteam.com/chars-2/chars-ilusionista/burst-man-robot-master-mayhem/

The green one is Darkman, edited by him too. I will code it too.

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #215 on: January 01, 2016, 08:50:04 PM »
That Burstman were edited by him and coded by me. http://brazilmugenteam.com/chars-2/chars-ilusionista/burst-man-robot-master-mayhem/

The green one is Darkman, edited by him too. I will code it too.

yeah, I downloaded burst already. I just didn't recognize dark man. still don't. is he from a side game, an original character, or what? if he's from MM&B, then I wouldn't know him, as I didn't bother to get that far in that game.

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 05, 2024, 10:10:25 AM
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: January 01, 2016, 08:56:01 PM »
yeah, I downloaded burst already. I just didn't recognize dark man. still don't. is he from a side game, an original character, or what? if he's from MM&B, then I wouldn't know him, as I didn't bother to get that far in that game.

Darkman's from Megaman 5. Have a read:

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Man

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #217 on: January 02, 2016, 01:46:39 AM »
Darkman's from Megaman 5. Have a read:

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Man

OH RIGHT! I remember something from mega man 5! it's called "i thought I beat the game but then SURPRISE! MORE INSANELY DIFFICULT LEVELS TO DEAL WITH!". and he's the boss. got it now. right. you know, maybe I should actually FINISH 4, 5 and 6... 8 and 9 just ain't gonna happen. just like X7. heck, if not for it being axl's premier game, I could happily ignore x7's existence. to bad I like axl.

please, please, PLEASE tell me that NONE of the mavericks from X7 are planned for this! sad as it is, I think I seen flame hyenard for mugen... seriously, WHY!? WHO would DO such a thing!? he's GOT to be a joke character. talk about things that should be burned to the ground... BURN! (cookies for those that understand. pie for those that think I gave away too much.)

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: January 08, 2016, 01:33:25 AM »
I've found this edit of Tornado Man. Its pretty cool.

And this
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 01:43:43 AM by .:O Ilusionista:. »

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
« Reply #219 on: January 08, 2016, 02:29:50 AM »
TornadoMan indeed is cool, I do like wind element and already some moves coming to mind... Yet DrillMan is more unique and have that crazy maniac's look on him, I like that :D
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #220 on: January 08, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »
TornadoMan indeed is cool, I do like wind element and already some moves coming to mind... Yet DrillMan is more unique and have that crazy maniac's look on him, I like that :D

hmm... you mean like sticking a drill in a character, lifting them over his head and spinning them?

...I reeeeeealy need to stop thinking up moves like that...

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: January 08, 2016, 11:55:45 AM »
Don't stop thinking in moves, cheddarsworld. This help us a lot.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #222 on: January 08, 2016, 11:57:16 AM »
That would be mortal kombat, not rmm :D less violent something will be better.
---
Or it's just me,  thinking it would be very bloody oily... @^@

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #223 on: January 08, 2016, 12:32:51 PM »
That would be mortal kombat, not rmm :D less violent something will be better.
---
Or it's just me,  thinking it would be very bloody oily... @^@

no, you're right. it's just that these are robots, and well, they aren't humans. that being said, there is a line, and that move my strange brain came up with crosses it. also, lets face it, most people are also going to stick these characters in their standard mugen. I did.

alright then. now that I've shaken the "scorpions" out of my head... well, he has drills, and this game does tend to make references to the X series at times, so why not pull a Grizzly Slash and have him drill underground for some attacks? could even be used as a teleportation type move similar to Shang Tsung's Hot Escape move.

OOOOOOOOH! another one, and it's good! have him stick his head in the ground and start spinning the drill causing a load of rocks to fly outwards! super attack? hyper? or maybe he sticks both drills into the ground, pulls up a huge chunk, starts drilling and rocks fly out from that?

well, i'm dry on drill man ideas... tornado man, huh? lessee...

well, most of the stuff I could think up, is already done with Storm from MVC 2, or is already in the works for Top Man. idk, maybe tornado man might be excess? shame if that's the case, 'cause that anim rocks, and the sprites look very good.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #224 on: January 08, 2016, 12:52:57 PM »
In my head DrillMan shaped to this:
- rash and after Wily messed with programming have some screws loose (his head is spinning drill, maybe Wily even sped it up);
- digging is narrative, though he can end up falling from ceiling or wall, or even bg;
- shooting drills, why not;
- extend drills like Dhalsim does with his arms including head one of course;
- stupid idea, but maybe hypnotizing opponent...
For references I can only think of Summon Night games, there were drill weapons, Drilldozer game and there was that PSP game about girl with drill staff, forgot it's title.
---
Speaking of scorpions you've mentioned, get-over-here and its variations would also look good with him.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 01:23:27 PM by ExeLord »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal