collapse

Author Topic: Hiding Bosses / Hidden Characters With The EVE Battle Category Screenpack  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Mugendude26

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 12, 2023, 06:14:21 PM
    • Email
I finally found a way to hide characters and bosses for those of you who own the EVE Battle Category screenpack. First go into your data folder and open up your select.def file. Now in each section in your select.def file you should have this :

;===Section08===============================
randomselect

;.:|SubGame01|:.
CharaName[001]
CharaName[002]
CharaName[003]
CharaName[004]
CharaName[005]
CharaName[006]
CharaName[007]
And so on...

Below the beginning of the section should be words that say "randomselect". Change these words to empty and save the document before exiting it out. Now start up Mugen. The category / section that you changed to empty should now be unselectable and you can only access the characters in that section by randomselect and trying out your luck on selecting the hidden characters. Enjoy!  :thumbsup:

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
Re: Hiding Bosses / Hidden Characters With The EVE Battle Category Screenpack
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 11:37:46 PM »
well theres almost a way to hide characters wit any screenpack u just got to find out i been knew about this but im pretty sure the others will appreciate this :O*D

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
Re: Hiding Bosses / Hidden Characters With The EVE Battle Category Screenpack
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 12:55:03 AM »
I did something similar a while back when I made my RANDOM SELECT category.

I made all of those "randomselects" to "-" and put the only "randomselect" in the RANDOM SELECT category (put two of em). then I went into my system.def and made it so the cursor won't wrap. because it won't wrap, and because it won't highlight empty boxes, the SECRET category is unselectable unless you highlight RANDOM, move right one, then down one.

you'll also notice that thanks to this method, the SELECT, although being a seperate category, cannot be highlighted.

there are still some errors with this due to character placement, but once I have all my stuff added, I'm going to only put secret characters on lines that aren't being used by other categories, to ensure you can't get into the SECRET category from another category by accident. (for example, highlighting blodia in the MECHA category and pressing down will put you there right now.)

here's my select.def so you can see what I mean:
http://www.tehinter.net/uploads/catselect.txt

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal