collapse

Author Topic: Just when you thought Link in Soul Calibur 2 was weird...  (Read 3357 times)

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
Re: Just when you thought Link in Soul Calibur 2 was weird...
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2008, 12:44:52 PM »
Quote from: VKM
Seriously, Sony is the most racist corporation I have ever known.

Seriously, that's the funniest thing I have read, True also. :D :D :D

I bet they see us as Americans going like "YAHOO!" in a Cowboy Fashion every time a new game/project/console from them is announced....In America.

I think they should try doing a Wii version later, Of course with Degraded Visuals that would look between SCIII and SCIV, Considering that SCII sold the best by a long shot on the GameCube because of Link, They should do that again. Maybe try with Roy and his Blazing Sword if he doesn't make it to Brawl.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2008, 02:02:22 PM »
Link was utter sh*t and anyone who doesn't agree is just a deluded fanboy!! I mean come on, throwing bombs and boomerangs?

Oh please, I never use those and I could beat you in a heart beat. Link is a good character, you're just being delusional because no one agrees with you. In other words...

This topic isn't about Link, just stay on topic already!

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Merlock Profetus, el profeta

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 09, 2016, 03:20:59 PM
  • Infinity´s Prophet and masamune avenger
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2008, 02:18:03 PM »
Well, actually I love Star Wars. But if you do Star Wars + Soul calibur = science fiction film + "Medieval-Magical videogame"

So, imagine Yoda Fighting with Nightmare

Yoda can use his light saber to fight nightmare. That its good, after all. But Perhaps Darth Vader and Yoda will use the force to Nightmare and Throw a lighting attack. Or perhaps darth vader will hang Nightmare and do a K.O in some seconds. But the characters like link (As well as he is more "Medieval" than Anakin or yoda) He has no powers (except his ***** bow) I´m talking about "style" and "period"

Examples:
Siegfried = Past----Darth boy (xDDD) = Future
Nightmare=Legend guy----- Yoda = Modern guy

The Tekken Characters are better than the "Star guys" in the Soul Calibur .And the Characters like Final fantasy guys, like Sephiroth, Cloud, Tidus, Auron or Tribal. Are perfects for Soul Calibur, because they are more "Fantastic" and "Magical".
SO WHY THE sh*t, NAMCO INLUDES YODA AND DARTH BOY AND NOT CLOUD AND SEPHIROTH??????

Well, so... In the future I Will only play the Wii version :) :w00t:

Soul Calibur 4 Sucks  >:( >:( \-/o \-/o >o:-( >o:-( <_<|...| <_<|...|

EDIT:

PD: WTF IS HAPPENING WITH NAMCO, HE IS GOING TO CREATE ""SOUL CALIBUR MUGEN EDITION"" OR SOMETHNG????
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 02:21:55 PM by Merlock Profetus profeta »

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2008, 02:19:51 PM »
um bonus chars shouldnt matter i think its tight they  put them in there shhooo

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:October 22, 2017, 05:52:53 PM
  • Back from the Ether
    • shinrahunter  *or* TwoDrunkDudes
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2008, 02:25:31 PM »
Um, it's about the crazy unrelated bonus chars we seem to get from the SC series, and fyi I've probably been playing video games longer than you've been haveing sex (if you even have), so I guess I'll see you online. haha. :D

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2008, 02:29:30 PM »
Well, actually I love Star Wars. But if you do Star Wars + Soul calibur = science fiction film + "Medieval-Magical videogame"

So, imagine Yoda Fighting with Nightmare

Yoda can use his light saber to fight nightmare. That its good, after all. But Perhaps Darth Vader and Yoda will use the force to Nightmare and Throw a lighting attack. Or perhaps darth vader will hang Nightmare and do a K.O in some seconds. But the characters like link (As well as he is more "Medieval" than Anakin or yoda) He has no powers (except his ***** bow) I´m talking about "style" and "period"

Examples:
Siegfried = Past----Darth boy (xDDD) = Future
Nightmare=Legend guy----- Yoda = Modern guy

The Tekken Characters are better than the "Star guys" in the Soul Calibur .And the Characters like Final fantasy guys, like Sephiroth, Cloud, Tidus, Auron or Tribal. Are perfects for Soul Calibur, because they are more "Fantastic" and "Magical".
SO WHY THE sh*t, NAMCO INLUDES YODA AND DARTH BOY AND NOT CLOUD AND SEPHIROTH??????

Well, so... In the future I Will only play the Wii version :) :w00t:

Soul Calibur 4 Sucks  >:( >:( \-/o \-/o >o:-( >o:-( <_<|...| <_<|...|

EDIT:

PD: WTF IS HAPPENING WITH NAMCO, HE IS GOING TO CREATE ""SOUL CALIBUR MUGEN EDITION"" OR SOMETHNG????

I suppose they couldn't get the ff chars cos they're made by square - enix, where as the past bonus chars were made  by nintendo themselves, namco and Tod Mcfarlane.
On the subject of Mcfarlane, why the hell did they get rid of Necro?!? He was wicked...

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2008, 02:33:24 PM »
fighting games doesnt make sense,maybe they came from another frikin dimesion

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2008, 02:40:57 PM »
Um, it's about the crazy unrelated bonus chars we seem to get from the SC series, and fyi I've probably been playing video games longer than you've been haveing sex (if you even have), so I guess I'll see you online. haha. :D

Are you an immarute child? Seriously...

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2008, 03:02:37 PM »
Quote from: ShinraHunter
Um, it's about the crazy unrelated bonus chars we seem to get from the SC series, and fyi I've probably been playing video games longer than you've been haveing sex (if you even have), so I guess I'll see you online. haha

I'm not sure but this doesn't make sense.

SO WHY THE sh*t, NAMCO INLUDES YODA AND DARTH BOY AND NOT CLOUD AND SEPHIROTH???

I Still think Dante should have gotten his chance before anyone else, I mean, He got the invitation right?

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2008, 03:08:21 PM »
I Still think Dante should have gotten his chance before anyone else, I mean, He got the invitation right?

True, I was hyped up about all the rumors of his inclusion in SCIII, but we didn't get him :( I tried to create him though. Hopefully this time around create a fighter will be more in-depth as they say it is.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »
AWESOME! Weird but nice:

Voldo: FWAAAA!
Vader: *chokes him with force*

I like them in it! I mean SPAWN was weird. And I will use DV more than I EVER used Heihachi(though I still liked him in it). They at least use WEAPONS.

I don't care how weird, I made Ichigo in MK.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2008, 03:32:24 PM »
Video.
<a href="http://www.gamevideos.com:80/swf/gamevideos11.swf?embedded=1&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;src=http://www.gamevideos.com:80/video/videoListXML%3Fid%3D17027%26ordinal%3D1199958483180%26adPlay%3Dfalse" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.gamevideos.com:80/swf/gamevideos11.swf?embedded=1&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;src=http://www.gamevideos.com:80/video/videoListXML%3Fid%3D17027%26ordinal%3D1199958483180%26adPlay%3Dfalse</a>

omg this game was going so great until I heard Darth Vader, it now like when someone tries to add something thats not supposed to be there

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2008, 05:10:59 PM »
OMG, I´M ON FIRE!!!!!!!!!

What kind of sh*t is that???

Oooh, man, I will never play Soul Calibur for PS3!!!! Link is a videogame character, and was good that link was in the soul calibur 2

¿¿BUT NOW, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT DARTH VADER AND YODA??

No, man. The game will be a Crap If they are in that Game. Thanks for the info, Now I only will play the Soul Calibur 3 (on my playstation 2) and Soul Calibur Wii version. So, thanks for the info
o.k. it's bs comments like this that piss me off
ok so if you NEVER fight against Vader or Yoda
it'll still suck?
whatever
anyway
not only do I think this idea is "o.k."
I love it
I can't wait to see how this works out
btw
Vader pwns
and about "it doesnt fit"
Star Wars is
ALONG TIME AGO (in a galaxy far far away)
and from what I've noticed....
SoulCailbur
is along time ago...(on earth)
So I see alot of room
for story plots
so...ermm
yeah
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 05:18:15 PM by Negi Springfield »

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2008, 05:42:40 PM »
Quote from: Negi
So I see alot of room
for story plots
so...ermm
yeah

I don't think there is room for Plot for characters like them, They should be in for the sake of Cross Over, There is a border between adding Spawn( Not Fitting ), Link( Fitting ) and Heihachi( Can Happen ) and making them fit, but Plain futuristic characters need not have a story and just be there to kick butt, If they can of Course. My Raphael will totally own them with real Class though, Or My Nightmare will completly "Massacre!" them with Fury.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2008, 05:44:56 PM »
So I see alot of room
for story plots
so...ermm
yeah

I don't think there is room for Plot for characters like them, They should be in for the sake of Cross Over, There is a border between adding Spawn( Not Fitting ), Link( Fitting ) and Heihachi( Can Happen ) and making them fit, but Plain futuristic characters need not have a story and just be there to kick @$$, If they can of Course. My Raphael will totally own them with real Class though, Or My Nightmare will completly "Massacre!" them with Fury.
......riiighhht....
go on thinking that

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2008, 05:59:32 PM »
Seriously, I'm tired of all the n00bs saying "OMG THIS GAME IS GOONA SUCK CAUSE THOSE CHARS ARE IN IT!" They're just 2 characters people! Hell, only one will be in when you play! It's not like you HAVE to use them.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2008, 06:09:39 PM »
So I see alot of room
for story plots
so...ermm
yeah

I don't think there is room for Plot for characters like them, They should be in for the sake of Cross Over, There is a border between adding Spawn( Not Fitting ), Link( Fitting ) and Heihachi( Can Happen ) and making them fit, but Plain futuristic characters need not have a story and just be there to kick @$$, If they can of Course. My Raphael will totally own them with real Class though, Or My Nightmare will completly "Massacre!" them with Fury.

Hang on, how can you say Hehachi's storyline can happen and starwars can't? His storyline was about getting thrust back in time..... so vader and yoda landing on earth is probably more feasable.

and Teros, no I'm not, was just in a foul mood and wanted an argument, waddya say about that online match when it's released though?

Back on topic though, as long as they keep the gameplay simple and deep (like previous versions) improve the create a character mode and add online play, I don't see how they can go wrong.
Unless of course they DID put Dante in it...that would suck beyond belief, the last thing they need are guns.
Besides that I don't know why everyone buzzes off Dante, Kratos is a far better character and would incidently be an awesome addition to the game.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2008, 06:18:21 PM »
Hang on, how can you say Hehachi's storyline can happen and starwars can't? His storyline was about getting thrust back in time.....

No, I said can work, With modifications to the storyline, Maybe something like A past Incarnation or stuff, I have no Idea of what Heihachi's story is in SCII though. So do correct me if I'm too farfetch'd.

......riiighhht....
go on thinking that

That's How Crossovers work and should work If I'm not mistaken: Take AVP:R as example, the Plot sucks, the Characters suck, but the fights and gore are Pleasant, People don't go watch Alien VS Predator to understand why This guy is in there trying to do this but to See Monster A with Monster B, same goes with Vader, People who want Vader or Yoda in there need no explanation just to start kicking butt...If they can of course. ;*))

Offline StarStorm

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 20, 2011, 03:02:41 PM
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2008, 07:06:33 PM »
Hang on, how can you say Hehachi's storyline can happen and starwars can't? His storyline was about getting thrust back in time.....

No, I said can work, With modifications to the storyline, Maybe something like A past Incarnation or stuff, I have no Idea of what Heihachi's story is in SCII though. So do correct me if I'm too farfetch'd.

......riiighhht....
go on thinking that

That's How Crossovers work and should work If I'm not mistaken: Take AVP:R as example, the Plot sucks, the Characters suck, but the fights and gore are Pleasant, People don't go watch Alien VS Predator to understand why This guy is in there trying to do this but to See Monster A with Monster B, same goes with Vader, People who want Vader or Yoda in there need no explanation just to start kicking @$$...If they can of course. ;*))

Um yeah, What he said.

Seriously though, most crossovers aren't meant to have a serious plot anyway. It's mainly supposed to give you that WTF factor of seeing two unrelated characters duking it out or teaming up or whatever the case may be.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2008, 07:20:03 PM »
But, uh, shouldn't light sabers be able to cut through steel?  :-?? That's really the only thing bugging me about this...but yes, it's a crossover, and Heihachi's was pretty damn stupid. It's just for the sake of playing with them. I could see flipping out if the whole GAME was Star Wars themed, but it's just a couple additions. Should be fun playing with the dark lord. Still, how in the HELL can you fight against a light saber with steel?

Offline XerXes

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:January 28, 2016, 12:55:22 AM
  • Infinity News Team
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2008, 07:24:18 PM »
First off i have no problems with them being in the game, the only problem i do have is them being console exclusives( Namco please stop doing this, the idea sucks)I'm not going to get both systems and both games just to play with both characters, and please save the you dont have to agrument cause i would like to have Vador and Yoda fighting in the same game. Second the Yoda part sounds a little strange cause i guess it means your going to have to low attack him allot. Third i hope they don't make Vador like some kind of over powered character cause that would be lame, guess i'll have to wait and see.
how in the HELL can you fight against a light saber with steel?
yeah i agree that doesn't make sense but its a game and they are just going to just right it off as such.
"PRESENTS MUGEN FIGHT NIGHTS"

<-Place holder for future collaboration.

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2008, 07:29:05 PM »
First off i have no problems with them being in the game, the only problem i do have is them being console exclusives( Namco please stop doing this, the idea sucks)I'm not going to get both systems and both games just to play with both characters, and please save the you dont have to agrument cause i would like to have Vador and Yoda fighting in the same game. Second the Yoda part sounds a little strange cause i guess it means your going to have to low attack him allot. Third i hope they don't make Vador like some kind of over powered character cause that would be lame, guess i'll have to wait and see.
how in the HELL can you fight against a light saber with steel?
yeah i agree that doesn't make sense but its a game and they are just going to just right it off as such.

I HATE THESE CONSOLE EXCLUSIVES!!! They're just plain stupid, it's Soul Calibur IV, so I don't know WHY Namco still feels the need to promote it like the series isn't doing well. And xerxes, you're right, it doesn't make sense, and I guess I'm just going to have to accept that and move forward.

P.S. Siegfried Schtauffen = GOD  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 07:31:01 PM by Lord_of_Saiyans »

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2008, 07:32:53 PM »
Honestly, at first I didn't even think they were going to make SCIV for 360 (because SCIII was PS2 only).
I do agree the idea of console exclusive sucks. They better have a create-a-character mode to make up for this (with lightsaber of color of choice as an option, to create your own jedi/sith), or I will be pissed.  >:(

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2008, 07:39:40 PM »
Honestly, at first I didn't even think they were going to make SCIV for 360 (because SCIII was PS2 only).
I do agree the idea of console exclusive sucks. They better have a create-a-character mode to make up for this (with lightsaber of color of choice as an option, to create your own jedi/sith), or I will be pissed.  >:(

=P~ Wow, Hadn't thought of that. But at the moment, they do have a create-a-character mode, and you're supposed to be able to trade characters via the internet. I can't wait for the online play! Also, I forgot about Spawn, that was another weird character...but hey, it worked. I am not complaining.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar