collapse

Author Topic: ‘Nosgoth’ Trailer: Free-To-Play Multiplayer Game Set in ‘Legacy of Kain’ Univers  (Read 915 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen

Read more details here
http://gamerant.com/nosgoth-trailer-legacy-of-kain-online-multiplayer/

share your thoughts in this separate thread

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
This looks more like a spin-off than a true sequel, which is a bit disappointing.

After so many canceled LoK games, let's just hope this one never gets canceled too.

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
do i make a mugen multiplayer online? NO, so leave my nosgoth alone and leave britney alone to!

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
I was exited till I actually seen the trailer. My biggest gripe is that its starting right after Blood omen. Why? It should take place at least during the time where Raziel was still a Vampire or right before his resurrection. There you have so many archetypes of vampires and clans. Which is perfect for an MMO. And I am a huge Legacy of Kain fan but Blood Omen is not the jewel of the series Soul Reaver is. With Malek dead there is really no tru threat to the vampires the Sarafan are vulnerable and the pillars are completely corrupted by Kain. Humans stand no chance at the time they are putting this game in. They should make these guys travel in time make more clans which all had special abilities and do it that way right now its wack. They should either make a great reboot of Soul Reaver or continue the series after Defiance.

CENTER]

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
You don't talk crap about Blood Omen.

And you certainly haven't played Blood Omen 2 to say humans aren't a threat to the vampires.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
You don't talk crap about Blood Omen.

And you certainly haven't played Blood Omen 2 to say humans aren't a threat to the vampires.

My god..hell yeh in part 2 the humans were a pain in the @ss man smh...lol

An old friend of mine put me on to that series way back on PSX
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
 I played some of it but could not get through the entire thing considering I played the rest of the series which made Blood Omen 2 kind of mundane and boring. So my view of humans in Legacy of Kain series have them being one shot or just an easy meal. That is probably why they went with this time line. I'm not saying blood omen is a bad game at all. It started the series but not the best place to put a game like this. Its much more imaginable and exiting to play as a member of the clans of Melchiah, Dumah, Zephon, Tural, and Rehab. They all had a dark gift varying features and different attributes from each other. Which would provide more variation and diversity IMO. And a much better MMO experience.

:| But I do have Blood Omen 2 on steam and I should probably finish it.

CENTER]

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
By the time of Soul Reaver, there is only a single human city with very few humans remaining, and only because Kain allows them to (they only got to Dumah because he was really dumb). There would be no point in making the game during this time.

I have started the series with the first Blood Omen, which still remains as one of my favorite games. I really hope gog.com re-releases it like they did the other games in the series.

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
    • Email
There still is a bunch wrong with this game though. Check out the vampire. The one with the wings should not exist. I don't think they did their research on this one. Its like a kick in the nuts to the Raziel and Kain conflict. Only 2 characters had wings I know Raziel regret growing them and Janos Audron. I can't really pinpoint why exactly Kain ripped Raziels wings off. It was either the implications of his own destruction or merely the fact he evolved before him...or both. Audron having completely different type of wings being one of the original vampires of Nosgoth but most of them wiped out by the Sarafan. So in essence these winged vampires should not exist in this timeline. At the end of the day the humans are going to fall. They will be marched into their pin like cattle by Kain so being human in this game is kind of bleek.

Being a modern mmo though and considering the implications of the series maybe.. just maybe time travel will be involved. The pillars are corrupted by Kain which is pretty much the decay of nosgoth. Could this game have you change that course which Kain has chosen. Maybe this is a continuation of the series. Nah..... Kain would not come back to sacrifice himself... hes Kain. So that leads me to think what this game would actually be about. Perhaps its some kind of reboot... Nah... Raziel still has to happen.

So my final thought is that these guys are trying to cash in on the deathmatch multiplayer maker like call of duty or battlefield market. Not the Legacy of Kain fans. We will see i'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

CENTER]

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
I can't really pinpoint why exactly Kain ripped Raziels wings off. It was either the implications of his own destruction or merely the fact he evolved before him...or both.

Quote from: legacyofkain wikia
Initially, it was believed that Kain had executed Raziel in an act of tyrannical, egotistical jealousy. However, his actions were not maniacal; he was far more complex in nature. Through use of the Chronoplast, Kain had attained knowledge of the intricacies of time and free will, and he understood that Raziel's temporary destruction would enable them both to reclaim their true destinies. Raziel came to realize this over the course of Soul Reaver 2.

so basically he did it for raziel's own good......... *grabs a baseball bat* now come here and i'll hit you all in the head and give you all concussions for the greater good lol

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[Today at 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar