collapse

Author Topic: Your thoughts on state of decay game  (Read 561 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Your thoughts on state of decay game
« on: June 09, 2013, 02:20:08 AM »
Its out now for PC and 360 only

Played the demo first late yesterday and purchased the full game earlier today. went out to visit some family and then came home later this after noon and have been playing it to death ever since.

Very fun zombie game so far

For a downloadable full game its well over a 20 dollar price tag IMO. as far as how big and in depth the game is in such a decent way. Ive played some DLC full games that didnt even seem worth 20 bucks.This here is well over that. Its what Dead rising should have been in some ways meets GTA.

Game play is fast. Has its once in a blue glitch moments but very minor. You can run very fast. yes you tire out but not as fast as frank west if you are rolling with a crew and that char is tired you can switch at will with another character at times while the other person is gaing stamina back if you want. oh just back up and let the crew kick @ss for you while you gain your stamina back.

The hand to hand combat is great. lets just say youll see some cool saints row the third and The warriors fun action moments in the game. alone or tag team. Hoping over walls and climbing is light and fun just like SR3

CPU AI is hella aggressive. wastes no time f*ckin up zombies. or Blowing their heads off. Dont expect annoying dead rising moments where the partner survivors CANT handle themselves. sometimes they dont let you get a piece of the action lol You can level up like crazy doing a lot of different things. even "cardio" =Running

Driving is fun. arcadish. Not that real like GTA4 where you have a hard time trying not to spin out of control.

The game gets deep at times where you see a horde of zombies marching or running in your direction. best bet is to get a car QUICK and run em all down. and yes over time your car gets damaged. not that fast but decent enough.

Weapons can break but not ridiculously fast like DR. ammo is plenty once you know where to get em all from certain areas.

Survivors are scattered everywhere. help them enough times or in one major stand off and you will have a definite crew to have join your crew. so far ive been to 3 safe houses. and yes at times zombies may try to rush in but You can board up windows with nails (infinite) and everyone fights for their lives. I usually do that period once i head in a house. it will stay like that the ENTIRE time unless a zombie breaks them down. or if you or the CPU jumps through it escaping trouble.

a whole lotta sh*t. its a damn good game for zombie fans seriously

AND BEWARE I CAME ACROSS A SUPER TYRANT ZOMBIE

heres for those that havent seen the game yet^^

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 06:01:57 PM by DeMoNk@I »

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Darkflare

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 02, 2017, 05:47:31 PM
    • DarkflareEX
Re: Your thoughts on state of decay game
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 03:42:22 AM »
Heard of this game, but never got interested in it.

Been told there's a nice little glitch in game that lets you never have to worry about not finding loot.
Don't search every single area in a location and all the loot will respawn the next day.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 05:00:29 AM »
This game looks great, never heard of it before so I'll be checking out the demo for sure. Hope it's as good as I think it will be.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 03:13:27 PM »
Heard of this game, but never got interested in it.

Been told there's a nice little glitch in game that lets you never have to worry about not finding loot.
Don't search every single area in a location and all the loot will respawn the next day.

Yeh some folks were telling me about that glitch yesterday online while playing. its helpful actually since all hell breaks loose at times

Theres a patch coming out this week sometime supposedly to fix the bugs in it and some other stuff

The game isnt bad. its actually what DR and D island should have been meets the Sims. GTA. meets Day Z

This game looks great, never heard of it before so I'll be checking out the demo for sure. Hope it's as good as I think it will be.

Yeh ive been following this game for some months. it just came out recently. the demo alone got me hooked. I had to get the full game and it was well worth it. spent hours playing the game already. Its like the best zombie game to play right now over all others that came out. I give microsoft huge kudos for this kind of game and making it so in depth even though its a DLC game.
You can tell the team that made the game are some serious zombie movie fans....

only bad thing is its not online co op. im guessing it will be multiplayer in a sequel. The game is still  juicy and forever changing to keep your attention. i was thinking a huge multiplayer patch later but i doubt it. This game takes place mostly in the country side and the suburbs. Nothing big city.  Huge map though. So im guessing they seeing how the game does before they make any major moves. Things are looking bright though since it sold way more than minecraft in its first week i was being told. huge statement im curious to look up for myself actually
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:19:36 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Kazander13

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 07, 2018, 04:34:39 PM
  • Predictabo!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 05:54:07 PM »
You had me at "The Warriors" fun action moments.  I loved that damn game.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 05:57:28 PM »
You had me at "The Warriors" fun action moments.  I loved that damn game.

lol when you do that epic sky high jump down onto a downed zombie's head for the kill in slow motion i love it ;D

NOTE: best tip i can give anyone who wants to save a high leveled favorite character or whatever from being killed is the moment they are being torn apart or eaten to death pause the game and turn off your console. why? because if you try to exit the game then continue it will automatically save and you will never see that character again. its a rap.....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:06:22 AM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar