collapse

Author Topic: Interview with C.O.R.R.E - DCL  (Read 1583 times)

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:Today at 12:39:59 PM
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
Interview with C.O.R.R.E - DCL
« on: July 11, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »
Electro : So C.O.R.R.E - DCL how did you get into Mugen & how long have you been a contributor? Feel free to tell us what you have contributed.

C.O.R.R.E - DCL : I remember a certain video I watched around 2006-2007...  
 http://www.shrubbyart.com/sf/index.html

Being a Street Fighter fan, I knew there was no such thing as Evil Ken (excluding Violent Ken), so I took some time to learn from what I saw. Just soon after, I learned about Mugen, and like any person asked the common beginner question, "What game is this and how can I play it?"...
It wasn't a good idea to ask such a question and so I googled it and found what I was looking for, Winmugen.

At the time, I had no clue what I was doing, for example, how to add characters, install lifebars, screenpacks, etc. That is until I looked up some small tutorials on youtube and read the files in the "Docs" folder. After some time I tried out making a character. Of course, the first time it didn't go too well so I never released such a character.

As time went by, I finally coded a simple yet, as some of my friends called it a fun character called CipherSin. It's a chibi looking character from the online game called MapleStory. I no longer play that game so I decided to try again at making characters, and CipherSin was the first.
Here's how he looks like..

As you can see, he's short and maybe looks kinda ridiculous. As a fan of the MvC fighting games, CipherSin was made to combo quite a lot. However, since it was my first character, It's not perfect whatsoever, but my characters were all designed to have 3 things...

Some Creativity, Some Accuracy, and mixed with Balance and Entertainment, makes a character all good and well...

Here at Infinity Mugen Team, I became an official member when I made 1 specific character for the Team's project called Eternity of Heroes, and that character was none other than Chun-Li.
I wanted to help out in the project with whatever I could. As you can see, I made several characters for the project...
Starting with:
 -Sakura
 -Gambit
 -Roll
 -Dr. Doom
 -Chun-Li
 -Dan
 -Guile
 -Megaman
 -and one of my latest releases, Akuma/Gouki

Electro : What are some new WIP’s that you are working on or projects that you would like to do in the future?

C.O.R.R.E - DCL : Some new characters, works in progress...well you can check directly at my website but I here's what I have done on one of my WIPs.
 -Dark Psylocke
When playing Marvel Super Heroes, Psylocke was one of my best characters, but there was a psylocke already for the EoH project, so I made mine different...

Now I know what some people will think, but honestly, does it matter?
Also, this Psylocke will have the Hit Boxes coming directly from Marvel Super Heroes. I figured I should keep the original hit boxes and collisions rather than make my own.

-Colossus
I've had a hold on Colossus, but he's coming along nicely though. He's a powerhouse which means he wont combo a lot, and of course he also has hit boxes from its source game, X-men: Children of the Atom (the gameplay is all EoH).

I'm mainly working on these 2, the others I haven't worked on in a while...

Electro : Which video games do you like to play or ones that you draw inspiration from to create content?

C.O.R.R.E - DCL :Video games are great, but I don't own many at all I only have very few. Such as the PS3, I only have Mortal Kombat, Metal Gear Solid 4, and MvC3. I mostly like fighting games, and maybe some RPG games. Mainly Street Fighter, and the MvC games are what brought my inspiration to make the EoH characters. I am a huge fan of Street Fighter but I am not a pro gamer like most are. I just enjoy playing video games, that's all...

Electro : There are hundreds of creations out there but what characters, stages, screen packs etc.. are your personal favorites or creators that you like to follow? Are there any characters or stages that have not been created yet that you would like to see made? Is there any WIP’s that you are looking forward to being released?

C.O.R.R.E - DCL : A good question indeed. There are characters made by several Mugen authors that no longer are a part of the community mainly because of what has happened over the years (not just stealing sprites and stuff but the "drama"). I used to think Mugen was about making anything in any way possible, mainly from the author's perspective. Now, it's all about making characters to be exactly like the original games. I show no favoritism to anything created because I believe each creation has its own special effect to mugen, whether others think its good or bad.

Electro : Is there anything that you would like to see added to the Mugen engine?

C.O.R.R.E - DCL : A very good question. One main thing I like to see added, is the Tag option for Simultaneous Mode. 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 like MvC. That's mainly what I would like to see added to Mugen.

Electro : Thanks a lot for taking the time to be interviewed & enhancing the Mugen community with your projects.

Here is the Link to C.O.R.R.E - DCL's website to get his awesome creations -
http://darkcipherlucius.generation-now.net/
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 05:17:40 PM by ELECTRO »

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 01, 2024, 11:02:34 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Interview with C.O.R.R.E - DCL
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 06:47:56 PM »
I used to think Mugen was about making anything in any way possible, mainly from the author's perspective. Now, it's all about making characters to be exactly like the original games.

Sad, but true.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »
Sad, but true.

Not so sure. As far as I can tell it was always about that, but once a few people got sick of that creators like zvitor and DCL got up and said they wanted a new prospective. So I think it is transitioning into a mor original time, and there are just quite a few 'purists' and people who just don't like the way a creator saw a character, and prefer the originals.

Another good example is MK chars; for a long time people always made by-the-book 2 punch, 2 kick, uniform Mortal Kombat chars. Now more and more brand new 'visions' on how the chars should be made are coming out.

Offline worldteacher

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 14, 2020, 05:15:57 PM
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 10:06:08 PM »
 =D>
I agree that some of the creators are a little too worried about other creators taking their work and building on it - after all, some of those "creators" just did the same thing by spriting characters ripped from original games.

But I don't think it's unreasonable for someone wanting to create something new to quickly contact the people involved about what they want to do...that's what the "ReadME" and "credits" files can be used for.

Dark Psyloke is fun to play!  I can't wait to see what other great works are put together in the future!

Thanks for this interview!!!  I think the boards need much more behind-the-scenes stuff to make it interesting.  I'd love to learn more about some of our active community members and I'm sure that they'd appreciate the attention!!!

Great job!!!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 10:13:47 PM »
Great Interview! :thumbsup: =D>

looking forward to more of these interviews Electro ::salute:: .  C.O.R.R.E DCL ^:)^

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:Today at 12:39:59 PM
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 02:45:30 AM »
Yea it's always fun to see the wizards behind the curtain & what makes them tick - I'll have a new interview up before the weeks end - I'll post who i'm going to interview in a new thread as soon as I touch base with the creator - As for people taking characters & messing with them I think it's ok - Though if a creator says in the readme file or forum that the character is not open source then I think people should not release the edit - Passing it to friends via PM is fine but hosted on a site or forum post is a bit to much - I personally assume that honor on the internet is a joke since it's anarchy & just say all my stuff is open source to avoid conflict. @-)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal