collapse

Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 34407 times)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: Official Street Fighter X Tekken thread
« Reply #1025 on: March 15, 2012, 11:08:46 AM »
OMG, that was awesome! lol!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1026 on: March 15, 2012, 11:16:52 AM »
 :D dcl! man yeah right , they wish!  :D

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #1027 on: March 15, 2012, 11:57:17 AM »
Yea, the ending now makes sense! Ono, that sly dog  =D>

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #1028 on: March 15, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »
...uh...i guess this makes sense...
(click to show/hide)

When I saw that ending the frst time... that's exactly what I thought.  :D

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 11:57:38 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #1029 on: March 15, 2012, 03:16:08 PM »
For everyone's entertainment...
(click to show/hide)

entertainment!? if your three years old. that clearly is fake. it also make no since. One ken had ryu's head band. oh but in that opening for mvc3 regenerating headband. So if this isn't fake crapcom is lazy as $h!+. TWO the biggest thing. Oh a man falls from sky lets kill him! REALLY!!! Not even a villain would attack him for just fall out the sky unless he landed on them. How did chun li get there then?

Good Idea, poorly executed.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:22:43 PM by Rage »

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 10:32:37 AM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #1030 on: March 15, 2012, 04:15:20 PM »
entertainment!? if your three years old. that clearly is fake. it also make no since. One ken had ryu's head band. oh but in that opening for mvc3 regenerating headband. So if this isn't fake crapcom is lazy as $h!+. TWO the biggest thing. Oh a man falls from sky lets kill him! REALLY!!! Not even a villain would attack him for just fall out the sky unless he landed on them. How did chun li get there then?

Uh...your talking about the wrong video...the one I posted for "entertainment" is a video of CrossCOunterTV's Runnin Sets....
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #1031 on: March 15, 2012, 04:35:10 PM »

It was a joke.  8=|

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1032 on: March 15, 2012, 04:42:23 PM »
For everyone's entertainment...
(click to show/hide)

I could seriously trash these guys! :|

Paul and Abel ::salute::. nuff said.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #1033 on: March 15, 2012, 07:29:33 PM »
@Rage: dude, the vid's a joke. It's pretty clear to see the inconsistencies when you watch the vid. We understand your beef against Capcom, but calm it down.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 07:42:24 PM by Sabaki »

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #1034 on: March 15, 2012, 07:52:30 PM »
Heres the latest word (sort of) on the netcode and sound issues :-??
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/03/08/sfxt_dev_blog:_regarding_the_online_sound_and_network_issues

(the comments had me rollin cuz i see folks still pissed about that DLC sh*t anyway lol)
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #1035 on: March 16, 2012, 05:56:46 AM »

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #1036 on: March 16, 2012, 07:50:29 AM »
Any tier list can be completely scrapped because knowledge of knowing how and when to use a characters moves in a fighting game. From what Ive seen over the years, people who make these lists just go off of whats popular or whats mainly being used at that time and they didnt put a fair amount of effort into these "Low tier" characters. I can tell you right now, that list is going to be worthless. Because its just like MVC3 before it even was released & even after it was released for a week or 2. People seen gameplay footage of She-Hulk people were saying "Oh shes too slow, shes too crappy, no body is gonna use her" What happened when someone learned how to use her, I.E. Justin Wong, the character that was supposed to be so low tier ended up being one of the best characters in the game. So this is my conclusion, any character can beat any character, depending on how well the person using said character is with it. So a tier list will always be BS. They say Yoshimitsu is the lowest of the low tiers? Lets see what happens when someone plays with him that knows how to use him properly.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 07:57:07 AM by azareal188 »
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #1037 on: March 16, 2012, 08:14:15 AM »
A tier list to a game that's been out for a week and a half? Bullcrap.

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #1038 on: March 16, 2012, 11:09:18 AM »
I use Dan in SSF4.
Dan is lowest tier.
I beat people who use high tier characters.
Tiers are crap.

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #1039 on: March 16, 2012, 11:28:54 AM »
Yep, I agree. Tier lists are a mere distraction of how characters stand against one another. Nowadays these lists are made to say who's strongest, which encourages a lot of people to blindly choose them, and cause very good characters to be overlooked because they are not placed high on these lists. Years ago, when tier lists were introduced for fighting games, it was more intricate, detailing character's ratings against another character, and explaining why the match was like so.

The game's been out for abit over a week, and gamers are still learning each character and their strengths & weaknesses, as well as the match against other characters. Just like MvC3, this list will be void pretty soon. Give it some time where players demonstrate how good certain characters are to the point where they will look like the "best kept secret".

I will say that outright some characters are really good. Obviously Ryu has been tested and it shows how strong of a character he is against many characters. Same with Rolento with his good pokes and tricky hit & run tactics. Kazuya is a beast upclose and can get in fast with his wave dash (forget the correct name), and probably should be up there with Ryu. I disagree, though, about Raven being rated so high. Sure he's fast, good speed, has a decent hit & run game, zoning tactics, and has some fancy combos. However, he gets blown up if he's rushed down and stuck on defense cuz he has no good answer to keep pressure off of him other than teleporting away. Plus a lot of unsafe specials.

Well, I hope people ignore this tier list and keep playing. Put in that work to show how viable each character is.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:48:50 PM by Sabaki »

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #1040 on: March 16, 2012, 02:01:12 PM »
I use Dan in SSF4.
Dan is lowest tier.
I beat people who use high tier characters.
Tiers are crap.

Saying that just isnt true, not saying to blindly follow tiers but to just say they matchups dont matter and a character isnt as good as another is just plain stupid. There is a clear differance between sentinel and roll in mvc2, same goes for metaknight and ganondorf in smash.

I will say following tiers on a casual level is silly, as they are used to show how a character will do against another character in a pro match, or one where the players are equal in skill.

That being said a solid tier list takes years to build so this one has no meaning.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1041 on: March 16, 2012, 02:17:45 PM »
i dont believe in tiers at all. anyone can beat anyone depending on the skill level of the player and what tactics he can exploit. even against those that are insanely cheap and spam masters level. In this game i havent found anyone yet i played with that have far too much an advantage  that couldnt be conquered by another character.  Ryu and even Akuma and other beatsly characters with their extensive abilities and power can be bested by characters with far less in their repertoire can overcome anyone. In the right hands any character/team can be vicious.

right now i enjoy using Paul and Abel as a tag team. i got more enjoyment using more of the non projectile characters to try and overcome the ones that do have them so when i play finally against live opponents online and not just home, i can flow better in some fights. there are alot of cool azz setups you can do in this game that not only look sweet but got good damage to zap away. learning some more stuff tonight now that i am feeling alot better and preparing for surgery in a week.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #1042 on: March 16, 2012, 02:19:32 PM »
there is no way you guys can convince me that raven isnt the wesker of this game  :-w

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #1043 on: March 16, 2012, 02:27:28 PM »
i dont believe in tiers at all. anyone can beat anyone depending on the skill level of the player and what tactics he can exploit. even against those that are insanely cheap and spam masters level. In this game i havent found anyone yet i played with that have far too much an advantage  that couldnt be conquered by another character.  Ryu and even Akuma and other beatsly characters with their extensive abilities and power can be bested by characters with far less in their repertoire can overcome anyone. In the right hands any character/team can be vicious.

See, your going on the skill thing again, but tiers are used to show how well a character will do against another character while both players are of equal skill. In no way am I saying tiers are the only thing that matters, skill will always be the deciding factor.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #1044 on: March 16, 2012, 02:46:04 PM »
See, your going on the skill thing again, but tiers are used to show how well a character will do against another character while both players are of equal skill. In no way am I saying tiers are the only thing that matters, skill will always be the deciding factor.
:D but of course bro! skill will forever triumph a "tier list".  i still really dont get why even make a tier list and what real fighter player would even care?  its about mastering who you like and want to, not give a tier comparing a character even if you both are pros at a character or characters. there is always a better player than yourself no matter even if you are a justin wong or whoever. Like back in the 80's arcade scene when fighting games were poppin up, you could take a slow character and in the right set of hands, could be a total freak of nature. so to me , personally, tier lists arent nothing.

there is no way you guys can convince me that raven isnt the wesker of this game  :-w

not even gonna argue with that all my friend.  :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 03:02:25 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #1045 on: March 16, 2012, 03:30:37 PM »
the color and gem packs are free. you can buy each character costume separately for $1.00 or the packs for tekken and street fighter which are $13.00 each . the twelve "dlc" characters will cost $20

Hot on the heels of its March 6 release date, SFxT is about to kick off regular updates – meant to keep the experience fresh all through the year – with a blend of free and paid DLC. There’s a whole bunch o’ content coming, so let’s break it all down…

Up first on April 3 are Swap Costumes that take the “alternate costume” DLC idea one step further – instead of offering basic alts, these outfits cross the fashion line by dressing SF characters as Tekken characters and vice versa. See Raven dress as Guy, Cammy as King and uh, Kuma as R. Mika…(?)

Swap Costumes are available for $1.00 (80 Microsoft Points) each, or if you wanna dive in for the whole assortment you can pick up the Street Fighter or Tekken collection packs for $13.00 (1040 MSP) each – buying one pack saves $6.00, grabbing both saves $12.00. April 3 also brings three free color packs, each containing four new additions to the palette for added customization options. Topping off the April 3 additions are three new quick combos, making for a total of five pre-programmed attack patterns. While spamming these pre-set combos is tempting, don’t forget each use saps some of your Cross Gauge!

Shortly after those items arrive, look for a free tournament support title update that will add a new and faster way to select your gems from the versus screen via a dial system. We’ll actually run a live stream this Monday at 4pm PT to show off this update, so head to our Twitch TV page for details. The tournament update will also include improvements to the online sound issues discussed in Ayano-san’s earlier blog.

Looking just a few more weeks beyond the tournament support addition, the next big wave is a massive selection of free content delivered as a title update. This includes three new Assist Gem packs and six new Boost Gem packs, which add over 60 gems to the selection pool. This sizable infusion of new gems exponentially increases the customization options for every player, so we should see some interesting new loadouts once this DLC arrives. To that point, we’re also tossing in three more gem slots per character in which you can save your preferred loadouts. Finally, this update comes complete with a free replay analyzer, which enables you to dissect each fighters’ vital statistics.

The biggest additions come soon after the PlayStation Vita version launches later this year – the 12 characters debuting on Vita will come to consoles as a $20.00 (1600 MSP) bundle. I know many were worried past character pricing would push the cost of this update sky high, so I’m happy to say Blanka, Sakura, Guy, Cody, Elena, Dudley, Alisa, Bryan, Christie, Jack, Lars and Lei will not break the bank.

One additional note – the dev team is also already working on solutions to the infinite combos currently making the rounds on YouTube, and will have them patched up once these other updates are out the door.

I know this was a massive wall of text, so for further clarity, here’s everything we discussed above. This all begins on April 3 with Swap Costumes, color packs and quick combos, and then rolls out over the next several weeks:

FREE
Nine new gem packs totaling 60+ new gems
Replay analyzer
Tournament support for gem selection
Three new quick combo pre-sets
Three additional gem loadout slots
Three new color packs with four colors each

PAID
Swap Costumes – $1.00 (80 MSP) each or in two $13.00 (1040 MSP) Street Fighter and/or Tekken packs
DLC characters – $20.00 (1600 MSP) for all 12 new fighters

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/16/seth-killian-promises-news-from-capcom-regarding-street-fighter-x-tekkens-dlc-and-future-patches/

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #1046 on: March 16, 2012, 05:50:13 PM »
 :| well....that sums up my future purchases dealing with Capcom. No more first day buys or Pre orders with fighting games. ill wait and wait until a month later er so to buy a fighting game from them or maybe not. Well by that time ill be back on renting from Gamefly anyway once i finish moving so buying fighting games from them will be at a low percentage. ill just rent it

Im going to try and hold out on buying that 12 character Bundle. i dont want to buy that bundle and then they announce later a updated CD is coming with all the characters unlocked 8=| smh...20 bucks for all of them still stings since they are locked on the disc already but at least they didnt make us pay for them each....i wont be in a huge rush to get them but at some point much later ill have the characters. Especially when im sure IMT squad members here will probably purchase them for future lobby matches on PSN & 360. if and when i do get that DLC ill have it mainly on PS3. 360 will take a back seat...

eh anyway ill enjoy the game as is for now and thats it :-??...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:04:21 PM by DeMoNk@I »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ADSplay101

• Infinity Regular
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #1047 on: March 16, 2012, 06:19:20 PM »
Im going to try and hold out on buying that 12 character Bundle. i dont want to buy that bundle and then they announce later a updated CD is coming with all the characters unlocked

Thats exactly the reason why i didnt Buy SF4 OR SSF4 and I didnt even bother with AE edition either, samething goes for MVC3 something told me not to buy it and I didnt cuz i had a feeling they where going to come out with another MVC3, I just didnt think it was gonna come out as soon as it did. MK9 is no different, I seen it was a scam a mile away so I didnt waste my money. So based on the history of fighting games in recent years...I will say that SXT is the best one because it doesnt seem as cheap as MVC3, its better thank MK9 imo, and SSF4AE isnt even in question, that game is basically dead now imo.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:50:49 PM by azareal188 »

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.

Offline ADSplay101

• Infinity Regular
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #1049 on: March 16, 2012, 06:42:12 PM »
Capcom officially needs to be slapped with a Pimp hand....how do you not catch a game bug as crucial as that?  o.O#

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 06, 2024, 11:54:23 AM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

Get permabanned! VoteKick gets fighters banned in MUGEN! (April Fools 2024) by GTFoxN6Y
[April 01, 2024, 05:25:31 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal