collapse

Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 34640 times)

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
Re: Official Street Fighter X Tekken thread
« Reply #875 on: March 06, 2012, 07:52:59 AM »
This is instead of having them from the beginning, they are done, you saw videos. You OK with it? I'm not. I want all content on disc available for me for the price of disc itself, not paid unlock codes. They are there, right under the nose, but you can't touch 'em... f that. \-/o
---
Ugh, that pisses me off, I want to hammer 12 big rusty nails into Ono's fat @ss! \-/o
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #876 on: March 06, 2012, 10:41:33 AM »
@Swiziga: agreed. The SSFIV AE issues was apparent, and we have to live with it. Me and a friend had a long conversation about dlc locked on disk and one of the points we came about to was compatibility. There can be issues with downloading contents that are very large, data corruption, or patches not working right/creating more problems. While on a technical and production level locked dlc is smart, on an ethical level it's very questionable, because this goes against the concept of true dlc content.

@Exelord: if you don't agree, don't buy the game. Don't support Capcom and complain about their business practices to them on their message board, forum, by email, etc. Best way to voice your opinion in my opinion.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #877 on: March 06, 2012, 02:04:58 PM »
CounterArgument to the DLC Incompatibility issues: release the DLC in an update, and release paid unlock codes after that. There's a number of games that already use this method so you can play against people who already have the update patch (Deadliest Warriors did this, and it was beautiful.)

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #878 on: March 06, 2012, 07:50:32 PM »
To expand on Kriven's point look at MK 2011. Same thing with FREE costumes for existing characters coming with each compatibility patch.

Offline MG

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 12, 2012, 06:02:48 PM
« Reply #879 on: March 06, 2012, 08:56:38 PM »
MK had costumes on the disc already. and Capcom is leaving out that they have a contract with Sony to hold those characters(the costumes is just Capcom being Capcom no surpirse there) off till the Vita release to attempt to get more sales for the Vita just like Sony paid them to keep Pac-man and Mega Man exclusive to Vita and PS3 and since Vita has Cross platform play the characters are on the disc so there is no need for a hour long download later on. We know Capcom knows how to do a patch without having the characters on the disc as AE was just that, and with this year being the 25th SF anniversary we could get these characters for free as part of the Celebration until capcom says we have to pay(yes this may be far fetched but they did leak free gem packs so who knows.) or puts out a price just wait or don't buy the game complaining isn't gonna do anything at this point.
http://www.lo-ping.org/2011/04/19/config-data-for-mk9-for-ps3/

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #880 on: March 06, 2012, 10:06:07 PM »
as far as costumes go  they are only a few kilobites large not 12 full characters. idk if its just me, but downloading all the data for characters just to not play with them doesn't make sense :-??

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #881 on: March 06, 2012, 10:17:56 PM »
Ok, played for about half an hour, got whipped on by Kai, and am liking the game so far. Why in the name of Voldo's tailor is the sound messed up in multiplayer? I only really played with two characters, Ibuki and Rolento, but it seems fun so far.

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #882 on: March 06, 2012, 10:50:22 PM »
One of my main gripes with the game is that anybody who has played Tekken will have to relearn the movesets. This game is basically SSF4 with Tekken characters. They play nothing like the characters from the series, so anyone who was hoping to get a mix of Tekken combat mixed with SSF4 combat will be out of luck, the movesets are the same tho, they are just ported over to SSF4 fashion. Anyone who has played SSF4 for a reasonable amount of time will have an advantage in this game.
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #883 on: March 06, 2012, 10:53:55 PM »
the same will be said when tekken x streetfighter releases...

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #884 on: March 06, 2012, 11:21:30 PM »
the same will be said when tekken x streetfighter releases...
^^(PM)^ That said, I tried to play Law like Tekken and failed miserably. lol

Offline MG

• Initiate
« Reply #885 on: March 06, 2012, 11:24:01 PM »
One of my main gripes with the game is that anybody who has played Tekken will have to relearn the movesets. This game is basically SSF4 with Tekken characters. They play nothing like the characters from the series, so anyone who was hoping to get a mix of Tekken combat mixed with SSF4 combat will be out of luck, the movesets are the same tho, they are just ported over to SSF4 fashion. Anyone who has played SSF4 for a reasonable amount of time will have an advantage in this game.

Not at all Tekken combo's work in this and since most street fighter players won't have any idea how to fight the tekken characters you have the same advantage they do, and playing like it's SF4 isn't going to help a lot of people try to do that and go for a focus attack and end up switching characters and eating a combo it's a great mix of Tekken and Street Fighter just more SF based just like the Tekken version will be more Tekken based.

Also Jin is a beast i play him similiar to the way i do in Tekken and it works great for me.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #886 on: March 07, 2012, 12:42:22 AM »
Ok, played for about half an hour, got whipped on by Kai, and am liking the game so far. Why in the name of Voldo's tailor is the sound messed up in multiplayer? I only really played with two characters, Ibuki and Rolento, but it seems fun so far.

lol good games man :). I gotta keep watch on that rolento of yours though :O*D. i dont sleep on rolento users [-X I have a friend who is a serious problem with that dude since the days of SFA3. Give some time and Rolento can be dangerous.

And yeh my dude that sound bug is what me and sabaki were talking about before. I got used to it and feel better that its on both systems. i thought it was just my xbox but its the ps3 version too. The game just came out so im sure very soon they will have a patch for it. It only happens online versus though. Thats funny because stuff like that i see is minor to capcom and im surprised it got released like that because its severely noticeable.

I understand now when you get critically low on energy the music dampens out in high treble and no bass. I believe thats done on purpose. Its a stupid idea for a near death theme though. But when you switch in a partner with decent health the music goes back to  being loud with bass and regular.

I do notice though since i finally got my special edition for PS3 today from gamstop and playing i see the visual and brightness is a lot better on the PS3 :(|)....i thought that was funny. I like the gems now since i understand them better now. Seeing Megman & pacman up there on my select screen makes me a bit thirsty i cant select them for now. They should have let them be unlockable under certain conditions. >:P
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline MG

• Initiate
« Reply #887 on: March 07, 2012, 12:52:45 AM »
You can turn the near death sound off in the options menu.

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #888 on: March 07, 2012, 01:10:00 AM »
i dont sleep on rolento users [-X I have a friend who is a serious problem with that dude since the days of SFA3. Give some time and Rolento can be dangerous.
I've never been interested in him, until they paired him up with my favorite ninja. At first I didn't see it working out, but now I see why they paired those two. They play extremely well together, and I ended up concentrating more on trying to figure out how to use Rolento than improving on Ibuki like I started out.

And I agree with the unlock part. I miss unlocking good stuff in fighting games. Part of the reason I spent more time in Vanilla SF4 than in SSF4.

Anyone else wish there where more colors to customize the characters? I was only able to squeeze decent outfits out of Bison and Juri so far.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #889 on: March 07, 2012, 01:33:34 AM »
yeh rolento and ibuki is a good sneaky team. Thing about Rolento i always known about is once you get him on fire with the assault of combos and have you guessin where his going to flip over you next its a curtain call lol

But yeh they need more colors. i think the whole costume bit will make up for that anyway though. i seen some wild sh*t in the latest videos like capcom trying to be like soul calibur and their wild outfit selections lol

I always loved unlocking characters through gameplay that alone is the replay value right there. it makes you play harder especially when the CPU is pretty tough and you are trying to beat em without losing because you want that certain character. i miss those days. now everything is DLC 8=|

HAIL CROM!!

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #891 on: March 07, 2012, 09:33:49 AM »
pickingt up my copy today!  :w00t: :w00t: finally a day off work! #:-S

i too miss the gtlory days of unlocking characters. its why i love fightgingt games so much replaying to gtet more characters. now i guess they figure why let them do that whenh we can charge people for them and get mo money! *Iceman ThumbsDown!*
(click to show/hide)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #892 on: March 07, 2012, 11:57:44 AM »

Anyone else wish there where more colors to customize the characters? I was only able to squeeze decent outfits out of Bison and Juri so far.

Me, but at least I was able to make my fave costume for akuma.

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #894 on: March 07, 2012, 02:21:36 PM »
@shadaloo: Damn, beat me to it!

Love Thousand Pounds, and I love how they did their short movie of SFxT. Great action, and character portrayal.

Anyways, glad more people are getting the game. Can't wait to play others  :)

@Demonk@i: I may be home late tonight, but I'll see if I can go a few rounds tonight.

@shadaloo again: you gonna set up a lobby like you did with mvc3? Great way to get everyone involved.

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #895 on: March 07, 2012, 02:33:06 PM »
@shadaloo again: you gonna set up a lobby like you did with mvc3? Great way to get everyone involved.
I could. Fridays a 7:00 pm US Central, as usual? And I'll probably be using my new PSN: Shadaloo_Lives

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #896 on: March 07, 2012, 05:28:15 PM »
Someone please tell me why is it that hollywood cant get these 2 movies right(Street Fighter & Tekken) but these guys can?.... This freggin short film is tight!!!!!!! I mean it was never hard to cast a ken or a ryu, these guys always want to use big names to make films. No just get people who can actually fight and also can act or whatever, there are billions of people in the world. I hope they are watching and that they decide to get the people in this film and make this movie. Best fight scenes I've seen in 2012 so far period.

And by the way.....Ken was kickin butt, but um.... Come on guys, you know Kazuya wasn't gonna go down like that. He went out like a bad (you know what)!!!! Now that's how you kick some butt!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:44:55 PM by BL@DE X : THE P@TCH KING »

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #897 on: March 07, 2012, 05:45:26 PM »
Someone please tell me why is it that hollywood cant get these 2 movies right(Street Fighter & Tekken) but these guys can?.... This freggin short film is tight!!!!!!! I mean it was never hard to cast a ken or a ryu, these guys always want to use big names to make films. No just get people who can actually fight and also can act or whatever, there are billions of people in the world. I hope they are watching and that they decide to get the people in this film and make this movie. Best fight scenes I've seen in 2012 so far period.

And by the way.....Ken was kickin butt, but um.... Come on guys, you know Kazuya wasn't gonna go down like that. He went out like a true cool!!!! Now that's how you kick some butt!

lol Thousand Pounds never disappoints. They got Namco in the comments asking to work with them.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #898 on: March 07, 2012, 06:26:04 PM »
Capcom explained the reason that the 12 additional characters for Street Fighter X Tekken that supposed to be PS Vita exclusive, are already included on the PS3 and Xbox 360 game disc, while not playable until the sometimes this fall. The reason is to allow players who purhcased the DLC characters to play together with those who didn't buy these DLC characters without issues, it also helps saving users from downloading massive content online.

wtf is up with this sh*t here? it pissed me off to know now all 12 of those fighters are already on the disc /:O. Im gonna be honest and real about this whole capcom issue and their fighting games now. Im not buying anymore first day release games or pre ordering. They are seriously ripping people off. As a loyal capcom fan for years since megaman 2 on nes i feel i need to turn the other cheek. Their fighting games are still cool but how i support them goes out the window officially now *Iceman ThumbsDown!*.

(click to show/hide)

@Demonk@i: I may be home late tonight, but I'll see if I can go a few rounds tonight.

No doubt wheneva ya ready man! ;)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:34:19 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 10:32:37 AM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #899 on: March 07, 2012, 06:42:21 PM »
Okay finally got the game, gettin used to it, Quick Combos suck *walks out*
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[Today at 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

Get permabanned! VoteKick gets fighters banned in MUGEN! (April Fools 2024) by GTFoxN6Y
[April 01, 2024, 05:25:31 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal