collapse

Author Topic: Street Fighter X Tekken  (Read 34237 times)

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
Re: News on Street fighter X Tekken and impressions
« Reply #350 on: September 19, 2011, 12:30:46 AM »
the eventual inclusion of Dan (who's pathetic)
Dan's not pathetic in the right hands ;D
But I guess you didn't hear that he's dead :'(

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Combo Trainer for Capcom & Namco games
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 11, 2015, 01:01:32 PM
« Reply #352 on: September 19, 2011, 08:41:31 AM »
I think we'll get Asuka, El Fuerte, Jin, Rufus in NYCC
Possible UMvC3 JP voice for Marvel side as FREE DLC Pack:
MvC3: Marvel JPN VA List by ~LarsMasters on deviantART

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #353 on: September 19, 2011, 09:44:19 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQIC-sytzeU&feature=related#
There's a funny thing about that video right there...
I challenged the guy who made it to a best of 9 game, pure Dan only. And I won :D

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #354 on: September 19, 2011, 02:45:34 PM »
I think we'll get Asuka, El Fuerte, Jin, Rufus in NYCC

If you mean comicon in NYC here then yeah im going to try to be there this time. it was fun playing the game at the fight club last august so maybe this time ill get to play again in october and get to experience that Pandora situation

There's a funny thing about that video right there...
I challenged the guy who made it to a best of 9 game, pure Dan only. And I won :D

lol yeah? that would have been a good youtube match to see then. There is one particular Dan user thats pretty infamous though.
ive seen his matches on the SSF4 match feeds you can watch and the Crosscounter show talked about the dude.

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:Today at 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #355 on: September 19, 2011, 08:07:33 PM »
I say unpopular thing, but it's good if Dan wouldn't make it in game. They need to finally reduce number of shotos to minimum with maximum difference. They can't toss Ryu, he's kinda SF symbol, but they can trow Ken out(while for me he looks cooler then Ryu he was clone for Ryu since nes games and remains clone) he have good plot reason for retirement - family. They should toss away Akuma, now Evil Ryu is good replacement for him and acording to plot he transcended to Oni so there's no need for Akuma(not to mention that Oni plays different and looks cool :cool). While Dan's out they can place Sean and I know many people who wanted Sean in SSF4. Gouken is different enough to stay and welcomed in SFxT. I would be glad if he'd taken Ken's place.
That would've reshapen shoto part of roster enough to have variety and don't lose anything important gameplay wise. Still I wouldn't mind if in SFxT they make even less shotos. But they probably make it again Ryu, Ken, Evil Ryu, Akuma o.O#
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #356 on: September 19, 2011, 08:21:30 PM »
i think now would be a cool time for Gouken to show up in SF X T since Heihachi is in there. i always wanted to see those two Old dudes scrap it out.....some people may not like this shoto idea but i wouldnt mind Violent ken (aka brainwashed ken) to join the ruckus. Im never afraid of shotos. Usually i use guile now to shut all that up. Or just pick ken or ryu to return the annoying experience. As for non experienced shoto users i just laugh and use Zangief or Abel now these days. Other than that i welcome the shotos...depends on whos using em

HAIL CROM!!

• Forum Member
« Reply #357 on: September 19, 2011, 09:35:21 PM »
I think i've heard Kazuya's English voice at Gamescom trailer & he says ''Know your place'' at 1:44

I think it's Kyle Hebert reprises him from Blood Vengeance instead of Ryu. Was it.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #358 on: September 21, 2011, 10:56:19 AM »
I say unpopular thing, but it's good if Dan wouldn't make it in game. They need to finally reduce number of shotos to minimum with maximum difference. They can't toss Ryu, he's kinda SF symbol, but they can trow Ken out(while for me he looks cooler then Ryu he was clone for Ryu since nes games and remains clone) he have good plot reason for retirement - family. They should toss away Akuma, now Evil Ryu is good replacement for him and acording to plot he transcended to Oni so there's no need for Akuma(not to mention that Oni plays different and looks cool :cool). While Dan's out they can place Sean and I know many people who wanted Sean in SSF4. Gouken is different enough to stay and welcomed in SFxT. I would be glad if he'd taken Ken's place.
That would've reshapen shoto part of roster enough to have variety and don't lose anything important gameplay wise. Still I wouldn't mind if in SFxT they make even less shotos. But they probably make it again Ryu, Ken, Evil Ryu, Akuma o.O#

Ken is already in the game... And Akuma is in EVERYTHING. He's praticaly comfirmed and they haven't even teased about him yet.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #359 on: September 21, 2011, 11:18:56 AM »
Yeah, I already saw Ken at that point, but still think the way I said. If at least Gouken was there instead of Ken and Oni instead of Akuma... Well, I still hope for Oni ^^ Also want Guy, Fei Long and Gen for SF side, for T side - Lei, Paul.

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #360 on: September 21, 2011, 06:34:02 PM »
Yeah, I already saw Ken at that point, but still think the way I said. If at least Gouken was there instead of Ken and Oni instead of Akuma... Well, I still hope for Oni ^^ Also want Guy, Fei Long and Gen for SF side, for T side - Lei, Paul.

i think you may get what you want with Guy...after that trailer where Guy and cody walk to the ring on their Final Fight stoll (lol) i think capcom pretty much hinted they are coming to throwdown. I think that would be funky! Guy,Cody & haggar?? man thats whats up! it would make sense because ya got Poison, Hugo & now Rolento...if they dont toss those two beat em up Old G's that would be wack as hell city man *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

As for Oni...sorry akuma ive loved ya long enough. ill remember the goodtimes but Oni FTW if theres a choice between the two for this here movement. I Rather see Akuma in Namcos version for new spin on em

Oh and paul is a must id be quite stunned if he dont make it to even capcoms version...hes a tekken icon also^^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #361 on: September 21, 2011, 06:40:49 PM »
Yeah, Paul is T1-T6 and everything in between + guest star with Law in that Beat-Em-up game.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #362 on: September 21, 2011, 06:52:54 PM »
Yeah, Paul is T1-T6 and everything in between + guest star with Law in that Beat-Em-up game.

Right exactly and the beat em up game youre talking about is Urban reign which i still love and have ^-^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #363 on: September 21, 2011, 07:05:06 PM »
Right exactly and the beat em up game youre talking about is Urban reign which i still love and have ^-^
Every time you bring it up, I end up digging it out and playing it. lol

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #364 on: September 21, 2011, 07:53:03 PM »
Every time you bring it up, I end up digging it out and playing it. lol

lol hey man you cant front, for how rugged it is its still a damn cool game man! lol...i only hope they do a GOOD sequel.
those were the best F*ck you up moves ive ever seen bro. The only fighting game that comes close to that is Tekken and of course Namco would be the ones to do that....sh*t f*ck around ill play my copy later on also!  :D

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #365 on: September 22, 2011, 05:59:54 AM »
I sure am still waiting for gameplay of Cody, it makes me kinda nervous for him to not have gameplay up to this point, what was the point of him being in that trailer after the "NEW CHALLENGER" sign appeared before him then? D:

Offline chuchoryu

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:November 25, 2020, 09:53:03 PM
  • Show me what you can do
    • Email
« Reply #366 on: September 22, 2011, 07:25:21 PM »
I hope to see Jin & Xiaoyu and M.Bison & Juri, Necro or Twelve
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 07:30:38 PM by chuchoryu »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #367 on: September 29, 2011, 04:01:11 AM »
i never really payed attention to how the music switches up with both characters tag in at the same time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1fM95VEmnY&feature=related#

HAIL CROM!!

• Forum Member
« Reply #368 on: September 29, 2011, 07:27:26 AM »
Marvel's Deadpool & Iron Fist+Tatsunoko's Joe the Condor & SNK's Terry Bogard as DLC pre-order guest bonus+Kratos from God of War

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #369 on: September 29, 2011, 09:48:52 AM »
How silly of me, just mentioned on this video that KO of one char means Game Over for the team. Strongly dislike this, it should be optional at least. My experience tells me that you still can kick some butts even when you lost one character in battle and enemy have two chars. And this will not harm pandora mode - it's limited, powerful, risky and obviously you can't use it if there's no one to sacrifice. Hope they'll think about it...

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #370 on: September 29, 2011, 03:08:53 PM »
How silly of me, just mentioned on this video that KO of one char means Game Over for the team. Strongly dislike this, it should be optional at least. My experience tells me that you still can kick some butts even when you lost one character in battle and enemy have two chars. And this will not harm pandora mode - it's limited, powerful, risky and obviously you can't use it if there's no one to sacrifice. Hope they'll think about it...
felt the same way also but its probably because of the time limit. some matches in ssf4 can drago on till about 20-15 seconds left so a game like this where you have two people on your team can cause some matches to be decided by the time limit like in mvc3 \-/o but im sure they will allow infinite time limit setup in matches so it would be great if there is an option to choose how matches are decided like 1 or 2 character ko

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #371 on: September 30, 2011, 08:58:48 PM »
I think its because that is how it always was in TTT. It really makes you watch your bar and switch out. For example you could keep your #1 in and hope he doesn't get his final 10% health taken away, or you could swap for #2 and let them charge. Adds a little extra strategy.

But I agree it should be optional.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #372 on: October 03, 2011, 08:32:52 PM »
Honestly overall and in reality when i seriously play this game that one round KO situation wont both me...Naturally im a good street fighter player so if things get hairy ill just revert back to my old tricks ive been using for years to punish my apponent. I dont like that either that you lose the whole round after you are defeated with one character partner but thats fine with me. Seeing how i played this game at the time and already knowing how i play street fighter ill overcome the BS if i get caught in one most of the time...

When you tag in your partner its like a total safe zone. its very easy to get out of a jam. If capcom dont change that edge then folks shouldnt have to worry. Easily put, If you are a stronger street fighter player just go all out using your street fighter character you know how to use best. Same for Tekken. Me? im a Guile, Ken, Ryu, Zangief, Abel and Hugo user....Not into spamming (which i can also do) but im more cerebral. I was never really good at MVC but with street fighter im usually pretty good at picking folks apart when im serious. So if you are like me then youll get around any tight situations in this game. Combine your skills and pick your best man. You are sure to win at least 85% to 100% of the time if youre really that good.

Its just that pandora sh*t i want to hands on try out for myself because the full concept im not totally digging yet. its hot but i have to try for myself and see how the strategy works when i use it because honestly i dont think ill use it at all unless its that heated of a situation. again that death timer is no bueno.

Folks cry about oh shoto this and that but in all seriousness that sh*t is halarious. If i see a Ryu and ken team i wont be worried at all. Not saying i cant be beat but ive played a lot of i mean godamn great users and beat em. Im not afraid of shotos, its the tricky and technical characters im afraid of. Like Abel, Juri, dudley or even Kazuya. Their styles are nothing like shotos and can definitely catch you when you start slippin. Ive been playing against shotos so long i can tell an old SF tactic from a mile away. Im rusty as hell now so i get pissed at myself when i get caught with some old sh*t i saw comin and didnt react quick enough to defend lol. Unless youve mastered the art of parry then i wont have a hard time picking you apart. Thats the strategy im gaming for in this game and hoping to be just as good at with a tekken partner. But off topic...KOF 13 is my real challenge ive never been that good at it but i can play!

HAIL CROM!!

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #373 on: October 03, 2011, 09:07:45 PM »
Naturally im a good street fighter player so if things get hairy ill just revert back to my old tricks ive been using for years to punish my apponent.
I would be able to say that, but I don't have Dan anymore, so I have no skill at all now.
BTW, how long til Super Street Fighter vs Tekken?

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #374 on: October 03, 2011, 09:20:05 PM »
I would be able to say that, but I don't have Dan anymore, so I have no skill at all now.
BTW, how long til Super Street Fighter vs Tekken?

TBH I don't think that there can be a super version of this game. There are all the modes that you can need and then some, now I know you are going to say well what about umvc3. Well they added spectator mode, and in my opinion a new game wont sell as much so for this I belive dlc characters is much more likely. That being said I think ssfxt is possible.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[May 06, 2024, 11:54:23 AM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

Get permabanned! VoteKick gets fighters banned in MUGEN! (April Fools 2024) by GTFoxN6Y
[April 01, 2024, 05:25:31 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal